Dosing, overdosing, and treatment duration

Do You abuse DUROMINE?

• No,i do as doctor told me

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Yes , i take more then prescribed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Haha i think Tanya J read my post lol*
I set my alarm for 4am to take duromine. After day 3-4 the lack of sleep settles. I go to bed around 9-930pm. You just have to push past those first few days. If you try back onto the 30mg wait until first thing Friday morning, so you dont have the stress of work commitments etc. Dont forget to eat while on duromine. You are training your body, establishing new habits. I eat 4-6 times a day. All in small portions, and lost 4kg in my first week! Speak to your pharmacist or gp before taking natural substances as it may be counterproductive to duromine. Goodluck Katsuu

Hi all. Need advise PLEASE!

I've been using Duromine for almost 4 years now. Eating what I want, just smaller portions, drinking ALOT of water, exercising 5 days a week...losing 1 kg a week. I then took Duromine every 2nd day, skipping weekends.
This way of using Duromine have been working great for me until now....I've discontinue using Duromine for about a month. I'm back on Duromine again for a month and no change in the results.

Any suggestions or advise?

I have read that continued long term use may make your body immune to the levels of duromine. Like when someone is in pain with morphine the dose has to get higher because the body gets used to it. But, unfortunately with duromine they can't prescribe higher than 40mg

Thought so too. I wonder if I can maybe take it on the other days and at night before bed, if it will "confuse" my body...will give it a try. Thank you for your reply. Keep well.

Bianca said:
Thought so too. I wonder if I can maybe take it on the other days and at night before bed, if it will "confuse" my body...will give it a try. Thank you for your reply. Keep well.
Please think twice before taking it in the evening, especially before bedtime! It may cause insomnia. In case you did not know.

Bianca said:

I've been using Duromine for almost 4 years now. Eating what I want, just smaller portions, drinking ALOT of water, exercising 5 days a week...losing 1 kg a week. I then took Duromine every 2nd day, skipping weekends.
This way of using Duromine have been working great for me until now....I've discontinue using Duromine for about a month. I'm back on Duromine again for a month and no change in the results.

Was that meant to say 4 months?

Maybe you should stick to a healthier diet?
Bianca said:

Hey there everyone, this is my first post & I want to do a diary of my loss so that it might help make me accountable!!

Stats - 163cm 80.5kg 37yo 2 kidlets
Goal - 63kg (Final Goal of 58 by March)

So this isn't the heaviest Ive been. I was 108 when I was pregnant & got down to 69 though counting calories only as bubs was a terrible sleeper and I didn't have the energy to exercise. Then I had surgery & have ended up blowing out to my current weight in 4 months purely from not watching what I eat while I recovered.

I'm so sick to death of the cycle of losing & putting on. When I was n my 20's I hovered around 63 with not much trouble and in my early 30s when exercising I was 58 & it was the best I felt however I still thought I was fat, so messed up.

I'm doing Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide Round 1 & I started this week along with Duromine 15mg. I just want to get to a point where I am fit and healthy & looking after myself.

To be honest I don't feel like the tablets have stopped the hunger at all. I'm doing 1200 cals & I am finding it hard, but I know last time I went hardcore it took a few weeks for it to become normal. I def do have a bit more energy, I'm sleeping fine & I got no buzz from the second day. I'm thinking of upping to 30mg??? Anyone started on 15 & had to change? Did you just take 2 capsules?

Would LOVE to make some weight loss buddies to get excited with & encourage each other along the way! My first weigh in is tomorrow morning, fingers crossed I've had a loss :)

Reactions: Tishytarka
Welcome aboard! :laughing:

You are only at the beginning, so I would not hurry upping the dose yet. I would recommend you to wait a week and then if nothing changes - consult your GP about 30mg. Yes, in this case you can take 2 x 15mg instead of one 30mg, since you will still have these pills and not to buy new ones. So far, you are doing great and I think your diet plan is perfect speaking of calories and exercise.

So good luck my dear!
Feel free to ask any questions, you will be surprised how many friends you can find here ready to help you.;)

Reactions: FC2FC
Kate said:
Welcome aboard! :laughing:

You are only at the beginning, so I would not hurry upping the dose yet. I would recommend you to wait a week and then if nothing changes - consult your GP about 30mg. Yes, in this case you can take 2 x 15mg instead of one 30mg, since you will still have these pills and not to buy new ones. So far, you are doing great and I think your diet plan is perfect speaking of calories and exercise.

So good luck my dear!
Feel free to ask any questions, you will be surprised how many friends you can find here ready to help you.;)

Hi Kate, thanks for your reply! Yeah I will have a chat to my GP before I up the tablets, I'd rather have her know what I'm doing & be safe as I am also on other meds atm. I also will wait it out for this week & see. I'm so happy to have the extra energy so that I am exercising I guess it will just be a bonus if it helps with the hunger!

WEEK 1
SW - 80.5
CW - 77.4
LOSS - 3.1

YAH!!!!! I am beyond excited with that! I'm feeling really positive that I will be able to get everything under control this time & get into a great routine of exercising & eating well.

Week 2 of doing the BBG I think its legs today eeek...I'm very sore from exercising but I feel good about it as I know its helping my body to become stronger.

FC2FC said:
WEEK 1
SW - 80.5
CW - 77.4
LOSS - 3.1

YAH!!!!! I am beyond excited with that! I'm feeling really positive that I will be able to get everything under control this time & get into a great routine of exercising & eating well.

Week 2 of doing the BBG I think its legs today eeek...I'm very sore from exercising but I feel good about it as I know its helping my body to become stronger.

Well done, that's an amazing first week;)

I bet you will have great success, head screwed on straight with attitude towards diet and exercise. Don't Rush upping your dosage. Just look at the results you just had in the first week, it's 100% working for you! I remember thinking I should try the 30mg, just because I wasn't having bad side effects like others, thought it wasn't working but it clearly was. Goodluck:)

Tania J said:
I have been using Duromine for quite a while. Think I started just over a year ago. Was on it for 5 months and then took a break for 2 months. Back on now again.
I did not really feel it working different or effects diminishing. But I guess like with anything else your body can build up a resistance. I decided to take a break for 2 months to give my body some rest and I was also out of D for a while. Was quite stressed about it but it all went well and even after I got D again I did not take it until 2 months later. At this stage I do not take it every day either but only 5 days a week.
Not sure if that would work for everyone though, but this is my experience.
Hope it helps!
Hi. You've had no issues being on it long term?
How do you get scripts? I'm approaching the three month mark and feeling anxious about going without it.
Any tips?

Hi Tania,

Thanks for this, I missed my pill this morning and only realised it at 4pm. I was freaked out...
Now feeling so much better...

Tania J said:
I have been using Duromine for quite a while. Think I started just over a year ago. Was on it for 5 months and then took a break for 2 months. Back on now again.
I did not really feel it working different or effects diminishing. But I guess like with anything else your body can build up a resistance. I decided to take a break for 2 months to give my body some rest and I was also out of D for a while. Was quite stressed about it but it all went well and even after I got D again I did not take it until 2 months later. At this stage I do not take it every day either but only 5 days a week.
Not sure if that would work for everyone though, but this is my experience.
Hope it helps!

Hi Tania
Why are you taking it for so long? Are you not reaching your target weight? I have been on it for 4 days - have not weighed myself as yet but am praying I will reach my target in one month max. Five months is a long time and how much longer do you have to take it? Just asking. Thanks

Hello. i been doing research on my own and i dont wanna accept what i discovered. so i am asking all of you , regarding the side effects why are they happening and how are you fixing them!
So here they are:
- chest pain?
-high blood pressure?
-bloating?
-swelling?
-out of space feeling?
-being tired?

Please note if you had some of them and comment how you managed it . I am doing a research on it, and i need as much experiences possible.Also i am trying to see are some of mine side effects normal or not. Thank you!!!

hi everyone. So I'm on day (night) 1. First day went really well but it's now 2am and I haven't slept yet!!!! I'm on 30mg tablets and took 1 in the morning, I'm worried maybe I should be halving the capsules initially to gradually get my body used to it. I have a 2 year old son and a business to run so I can't afford to be a zombie and I'm so scared il get a migraine from exhaustion. Please HELP. Should I halve my dosage or take a sleeping pill at night? If so, which brand is best to use in conjunction with the tablets.
Thanks in advance

Hi, Kellu
Please do not worry, what you have is common for th beginners. Insomnia is the first side effect. However, it usually disappears over a week or less. But, halving the 30mg dose I do not recommend you, that's why - Duromine capsules are made for a slow release of the active substance (it's the way these pills should work - you take one pill a day and appetite suppression lasts all day long). Besides, if you open the capsule and take a half, it may damage the gastric mucosa and who knows what else. Capsules are made not to open them but to take the whole capsule. So, if you feel like 30 mg is too much for you, you should better take 15 mg pills. Btw, I don't know why your doc prescribed you 30 mg in the first place, 'cause it is better to start the weight loss therapy with the smallest dose o_O

Anyways, please do not half the dose on your own, better visit your GP and maybe buy a month pack of 15 mg Duromine pills. OR. wait for a week and hopefully your body will tolerate the pills better and you'll sleep well eventually. But I understand that you are a mom and a business woman, so please consider using 15mg.
Take care and be careful with your health! :)

P.S. the weight loss will take you more that a month anyways, so you can continue your 30 mg pack after you finish the 15 mg one. You don't lose anythng.

Hi Tania, could you please message me the details of your seller?
I've been following the for awhile, finally went to the dr but he is against drugs for weight loss even though im 40kg over my ideal weight.
Any help would be appreciated.