How to cope with nausea?

S

Swimmy

Standard Member
Feb 17, 2021
Hi, I am new to Ozempic. Yesterday I started my treatment. I'm on 1 mg.
Everything was ok. But this morning, I felt nausea and bloating. I was terrified as I never felt it before on Duromine.
Did anyone experience it on Ozempic? How long can it last? Do you have any tips for coping with nausea and bloating?

Hey lovely,
I know it's a common side effect of all the weight loss drugs. But I think you'd better start your treatment with the lowest dose. 1 mg is the strongest one! Are you on a diet now? The food means a lot!

Reactions: Swimmy and BarbaraN
Hello dear @Swimmy ,

Nausea and bloating are among the most common side effects of Ozempic, especially if you are on 1 mg. Usually, all the common side effects last a week or so. However, you may experience some of them during the whole treatment course :( But it happens rarely. Don't worry!

I agree with @4ngel. According to the official leaflet, the starting Ozempic dosage is 0.25 mg once weekly (for the first four weeks). It will help give your body a chance to get used to Ozempic. Then increase it to 0.5 mg once weekly for at least 4 weeks. If you still find it ineffective, you can boost your dosage to 1 mg once weekly.

Let me share with you some of my Tips on how to deal with Ozempic nausea, bloating, and gas:

1. Check what you eat!
  • Avoid fried food
  • Avoid sugary foods and drinks
  • Avoid salty or spicy foods
  • Avoid all the junk food
2. The way you eat!
  • Eat slowly, chewing thoroughly
  • Eat less food but more frequently
3. Stay hydrated!
  • Drink plenty of water (at least 3 liters per day)
  • Eat soups and water-rich foods
  • Eat yogurt
  • Drink clear drinks
  • Avoid carbonized drinks, juice
4. Remember your body!
  • Stay away from lying after you had a meal. Go for a walk.
  • Try to avoid stress
  • Control your breath
  • Get plenty of fresh air
5. Try some natural remedies:
  • Ginger
  • Apple
  • Mint
  • Cinnamon
  • Lemon
  • Chamomile

I hope you can cope with your adverse reactions using these popular tips and tricks!
I wish you a successful weight loss journey! :heart:

Wow, that's a fantastic nausea guide @StacyB!

I did experience bloating for 2-3 weeks. I was on 1 mg as well. Don't panic. If you worry about it and it doesn't go away, you can contact your doctor.
By the way, I feel intense nausea and bloating when I smoke! So, it gave me a chance to quit smoking lol

Reactions: Swimmy and StacyB
Swimmy said:
Hi, I am new to Ozempic. Yesterday I started my treatment. I'm on 1 mg.
Everything was ok. But this morning, I felt nausea and bloating. I was terrified as I never felt it before on Duromine.
Did anyone experience it on Ozempic? How long can it last? Do you have any tips for coping with nausea and bloating?
Hi there, I concur with comments below...should DEFS start 0n 0.25 for month then 0.50 and if you really are ok 1.0 but with GP input. you wont continue if you start on a strong dose.

Reactions: Swimmy and April
@StacyB oh thank you for these instructions! I'll try it :)

Reactions: StacyB
sweet said:
Hi there, I concur with comments below...should DEFS start 0n 0.25 for month then 0.50 and if you really are ok 1.0 but with GP input. you wont continue if you start on a strong dose.
Are you also on Ozempic? How many kilos did you manage to lose?

Sit or stand in the shower… but apparently walking is great too