Dosing, overdosing, and treatment duration

Do You abuse DUROMINE?

• No,i do as doctor told me

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Yes , i take more then prescribed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sienna78 said:
Tanja, where can I get Durormine online. I have a 6 and 2 year old girls and I am finding it very hard to shift some remaining weight (approx. 9 kg ) from my second child. My Dr wouldn't prescribe it to me, he said its only people who are morbidly obese. I get the gym 3 days a week and eat healthy 90 percent of the time and im not seeing results I want. Feeling down about this extra weight:-(
Just sent you a PM

Sienna78 said:
Tanja, where can I get Durormine online. I have a 6 and 2 year old girls and I am finding it very hard to shift some remaining weight (approx. 9 kg ) from my second child. My Dr wouldn't prescribe it to me, he said its only people who are morbidly obese. I get the gym 3 days a week and eat healthy 90 percent of the time and im not seeing results I want. Feeling down about this extra weight:-(
Why would you take Duromine without a doctor prescribing it to you and their supervision? It is not like taking lollies, it is a drug that could kill you! If your doctor won't give it to you it is because the risks outweigh the benefits, you ONLY have 9kg to lose and you have children!!! I am taking this drug after having cancer, and after having 3 failed IVF cycles and the drugs from both of those have pushed my BMI into the obese range. I know what it is like to want to lose weight, as I used to have an eating disorder a long time ago, but 9 kg to get you back into the good BMI is nothing, you can lose that in 3 months! Duromine is a last resort, for people who have dieted, failed, dieted again and the next step is a lap band.

Tania J said:
No luck with the Doc. I order mine online. Made the mistake of ordering from a different place the last time and was scammed so I HAD to take a break until today - got my new parcel from old place yippeeee!:laughing:
When I was without D I really started stressing. It's different skipping a day or weekends but to know there is no more for a few weeks was a bit stressful, thought I would get terrible withdrawal symptoms and start overeating but it actually went great.
OK... well I had 6 days without Duromine because I had a bad ENT infection. I'm on day 4 of it again, a 30mg, skip a day, 30mg and a 15 today. What I have realised is you don't want to f**k around with this. I have, despite my good intentions, I just got sick. Duromine is designed as a 3 month intensive weight loss drug, under supervision of your GP, who will monitor your physical and psychological health because it messes around with both. You have young kids who depend on you, if you're going to source it illegally without the supervision of a doctor, you are a total idiot, wake up.

Jaslyn, :)
it is great that you do care about other people, and I totally agree with you. Unfortunately people won't listen when they want smth badly and you are telling they can't have it. Sad reality. But thanks for your help. As I had experience with Duromine too, I know what it is and when you really need it, and I saw many ladies here who needed to lose 7-15 kg and they have chosen Duromine for that because they 'tried EVERYTHING and nothing helped'))) The fact that Duromine is a drug for overweight and obese people with BMI 27-30 is out of their attention I guess...Not to mention those who got scammed online. No warnings will help, they only learn from their own experience.

Hi Guys I started on the 15mg yesterday was my first day I feel very... dizzy and did not sleep at all last night is there anything I can do for the dizziness to go away.

I am getting a bit worried now as I see that some people loose slowly on the duromine. I am on day 6 and yesterday on day 5 I have already lost 5kg. Will this be unhealthy?

jaslyn said:
Why would you take Duromine without a doctor prescribing it to you and their supervision? It is not like taking lollies, it is a drug that could kill you! If your doctor won't give it to you it is because the risks outweigh the benefits, you ONLY have 9kg to lose and you have children!!! I am taking this drug after having cancer, and after having 3 failed IVF cycles and the drugs from both of those have pushed my BMI into the obese range. I know what it is like to want to lose weight, as I used to have an eating disorder a long time ago, but 9 kg to get you back into the good BMI is nothing, you can lose that in 3 months! Duromine is a last resort, for people who have dieted, failed, dieted again and the next step is a lap band.
I'm on 15 of duramine and have previously had anorexia. Am now obese and must loose weight, I'm such a big fat cow. Should I take 30

cape town girl said:
Hi Guys I started on the 15mg yesterday was my first day I feel very... dizzy and did not sleep at all last night is there anything I can do for the dizziness to go away.
I was taken to hospital twice last weekend from fainting. They put me on a heart monitor and wanted to admit me but I left. Am desparate to loose weight and don't care how I do it. Am only on 15mg

Rene Griesel said:
I am getting a bit worried now as I see that some people loose slowly on the duromine. I am on day 6 and yesterday on day 5 I have already lost 5kg. Will this be unhealthy?
We are all different and should not compare one weight loss to another. Our bodies, eating habits, history, activity everything are different, so if you feel healthy do now worry about anything. Just be sure you eat healthy as well and then I think you should feel good about it and celebrate the good loss!

Fatprancer said:
I was taken to hospital twice last weekend from fainting. They put me on a heart monitor and wanted to admit me but I left. Am desparate to loose weight and don't care how I do it. Am only on 15mg
Your health is the most important think you have, so look after it and rather follow your doctor's advice. If the Duromine does not work for you there is other ways to go, don't put your health at risk please!!!

Jaslyn, firstly you know nothing about me or my life so you have no right to pass your ill informed judgement. I also have gone through many failed IVF attempts and thank god for my kids. Without having all the facts, mind your own business!!!

larag22 said:
Hi so I am currently weighing at 85.6kg and have been on the 15mg dose for a week, today is my first day into the second week. So far I have lost 1 kilo but my weight constantly goes up and down even though I am exercising and watching what I eat.
I feel as though the dose I am taking may be too low for me and was wondering what are everyone's thoughts on the 30mg?
I'm scared of taking a stronger dose because of the high heart rate risk. But with the 15mg dose I still get hungry about 4 hours after drinking it. That even after having a light meal.

Hi, Sorry if I'm being nosy, but I was just wondering if this is the first prescription you have for Duromine? I'm wanting to see my doctor to try and get the prescription and I'm currently 94.7kgs with a BMI of 35 so I was just wondering how you went with asking for/getting the prescription? Thanks :)

Reactions: Sienna78
Hi,
I've been on Duromine 30mg for about 6 days now and feel like I'm having some success, I've dropped about 4kg. I don't seem to be having a lot of the bad side effects that others are having which is also a bonus. I take my tablet about 6am, have a healthy breakfast and then by about 5pm I start getting some hunger back and have a healthy dinner.
My question is for the people that have been taking Duromine for a month or longer. Can I expect the same appetite suppressant results in a month from now? Will my body build up a tolerance to Duromine?

Deja Blue said:
Hi,
I've been on Duromine 30mg for about 6 days now and feel like I'm having some success, I've dropped about 4kg. I don't seem to be having a lot of the bad side effects that others are having which is also a bonus. I take my tablet about 6am, have a healthy breakfast and then by about 5pm I start getting some hunger back and have a healthy dinner.
My question is for the people that have been taking Duromine for a month or longer. Can I expect the same appetite suppressant results in a month from now? Will my body build up a tolerance to Duromine?
I have been using Duromine for quite a while. Think I started just over a year ago. Was on it for 5 months and then took a break for 2 months. Back on now again.
I did not really feel it working different or effects diminishing. But I guess like with anything else your body can build up a resistance. I decided to take a break for 2 months to give my body some rest and I was also out of D for a while. Was quite stressed about it but it all went well and even after I got D again I did not take it until 2 months later. At this stage I do not take it every day either but only 5 days a week.
Not sure if that would work for everyone though, but this is my experience.
Hope it helps!

Reactions: Unity
Hi guys, I'm about to start my first dose of 30mg tomorrow. Would people recommend taking my tablet daily or every second day?
My doctor seemed to think it can be just as effective if taken every second day.
What's everyone's opinion?
I'm looking to lose 15kgs, obviously as quickly and safely as possible :)

I'm on 30 and take it daily. See how you feel and decide then good luck

Agree with the above poster. When I tried it, I had it daily the first week or so and then changed to every second day depending on how it affects you. You should be able to assess it after a few days. Good luck!

My doctor gave me a perscrition for 30mg Duromine, but the sleeplessness was too much to bare. I was sleeping between 3 and 5 hours a night. I started taking it every second day so I could have some rest. I always felt tempted to sleep in the afternoon, which of course is counter productive!

My doctor gave me a 15mg script instead. She said it was not as strong obviously. I sleep normally now, but the appetite suppressant effect is not as strong. She is happy for me to go back and forth between the two. My weight loss is only 300 grams for the week.

Does anyone have any advice in this regard? Should I stick to the 15 or go back to the 30?

You should read through all the post in this regard. The best advise I've seen is to eliminate caffeine. Some people even set their alarm clocks to take it at like 4am. Then go back to sleep:rolleyes:....
Maybe try herbal sleeping aid? What also seems like good advise is to do some exercise so you are tired at night. Personally I never have that problem but have read post about it. Search the Forum, there are some great advice.
Just seems no use taking the 15mg if it does not work for you. Rather try something to counteract the insomnia.