Lack Of Sleep. Tips To Improve Your Sleep - [UPDATED 2021]

EmilyKate said:
The first night you will probably be a zombie and awake pretty much all night. If you do sleep it won't be anywhere near as long as a normal nights sleep.
Even if I take it at 5am? Like is it definite I will be a zombie :joy::joy:

2tree said:
Yesterday was my first day on duromine, everything was going good! No side effects all day, took it at 6am. But then, I was up all night and only got to sleep at 9am this morning, I suffer with insomnia, anxiety and depression - I'm on meds for it including sleeping tablets which usually knock me out. Last night they did NOTHING! So I was awake for over 24 hours, only got 3 hours sleep, woke up sick with the flu or something. Body aches, sore throat and stuffed up nose and head. So this morning I didn't even take duromine. :tired_face: Can anyone suggest sleeping table/aid that I can get from the chemist that works without a script? Thank you in advance. :heart::heart: - after I stop being so sore and not feeling like crap with this flu I will start duromine again and hopefully have something that will help me sleep!
Hi 2tree,

Take care and continue Duromine only once you feel well again.

As for the sleeping pills, you can ask the pharmacist. They always have something that can be sold over the counter.
You may also be interested in this article: https://ngu.team/blog/duromine-side-effects/#insomnia

It offers some relevant information on the most common side effects, as well as how to deal with them in the best possible way. :kissing_heart:

Last edited:
I find I had to really force myself to sleep and didn't feel like I got into a deep sleep when I did doze off. But that was just the first night.

I never go into a deep sleep I just hope I don\'t stay up ALL night hahahaha

Anais said:
I sleep more... so I think it's different for everyone.
Really? Wow you're lucky. I wish I did! Both times I've used it I've been like :eyes:

I go to bed about 10pm and wake up about 630am and I'm sleeping the whole time. (According to my fitbit it's been the best sleep I've had in ages, I've only been on it for 1.5weeks)

Anais said:
I go to bed about 10pm and wake up about 630am and I'm sleeping the whole time. (According to my fitbit it's been the best sleep I've had in ages, I've only been on it for 1.5weeks)
Have u seen any results yet ? X

minime said:
I've been prescribed it again but not currently taking it again just yet. I lost 7 kilos in a month.

minime said:
I'm less bloated, but when I started it, my monthly came so I haven't been able to get a good weight reading... but its changing up and down. I'm confident in saying 2kg so far)

minime said:
Today I was prescribed 30mg I will most likely start not tomorrow but the next day! How fast should I expect results? I am really stressing about my sleep though! Is it definite that I won't sleep or have a bad nights sleep as I have a bad sleeping baby as it is :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Take it really early in morning. The later you take it the more hard will it be for you to sleep at night. It will give you energy. Drink plenty of water coz after a few days you won't even take water. You need to force yourself. I took it for few months and lost 10kg. The second lot my doc gave me didn't work at all. I was hungry and didn't loose anything. Was disappointed. Good luck.

minime said:
Today I was prescribed 30mg I will most likely start not tomorrow but the next day! How fast should I expect results? I am really stressing about my sleep though! Is it definite that I won't sleep or have a bad nights sleep as I have a bad sleeping baby as it is :laughing::laughing::laughing:
I couldn't sleep for a few nights and then slept like a baby. I only take 15mg though. I have friends who say they can't sleep at all.

My sleep was affected really badly and I literally wouldn't sleep for days. I started taking the tablet at 5am each morning and I was able to sleep again

GingerBee said:
My sleep was affected really badly and I literally wouldn't sleep for days. I started taking the tablet at 5am each morning and I was able to sleep again
Yup this tablet needs to be taken early hours of morning. So it can kind of get out of your system at the end of night.

Didonna said:
I took phenargan last night and slept all night. Take care.
Can I get that over the counter?