Lack Of Sleep. Tips To Improve Your Sleep - [UPDATED 2021]

BrezColin said:
Are you feeling tired?
Light at end of the tunnel :grinning: thanks chick! I have energy and don't feel tired... But I have a long day at work.. Hopefully gym after dinner tonight helps

Hello, dear @Skinnyjay :sun:
Don't worry, it's normal and sometimes it happens.
Try some of THESE tips to improve your sleep.
I wish you a successful weight loss journey! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dre
Yay.. Im also in day 3. Im same boat. .. its annoying to be tossing n turning all night but even my mum said this morning I can see a difference - you wake up not lookign half dead :laughing:. I am not rested but I am not tired either..

Lovly said:
Yay.. Im also in day 3. Im same boat. .. its annoying to be tossing n turning all night but even my mum said this morning I can see a difference - you wake up not lookign half dead :laughing:. I am not rested but I am not tired either..
isn’t it the weirdest feeling knowing you should be tired but your not :joy:

Reactions: Lovly
BrezColin said:
isn’t it the weirdest feeling knowing you should be tired but your not :joy:
I said to my mum jus now... even tho Its sooo annoying to be soo restless at nigjt.. this is the best decision Ive made for myself and the results is great.. i weighed myself as im trying to get mum to join me ( she has a script but hasnt decided to do it or not)... I am THE worst person when I dont sleep especially with a toddler who is non stop all day... I have lost 2.7kg in 3 days!! To say Iam escastic is an understatement! :party:

Lovly said:
I said to my mum jus now... even tho Its sooo annoying to be soo restless at nigjt.. this is the best decision Ive made for myself and the results is great.. i weighed myself as im trying to get mum to join me ( she has a script but hasnt decided to do it or not)... I am THE worst person when I dont sleep especially with a toddler who is non stop all day... I have lost 2.7kg in 3 days!! To say Iam escastic is an understatement! :party:
wow that’s awesome keep that effort up and you will be :bomb::bomb::bomb: your goal in not time. I have 25kgs to lose I haven’t got on scales yet.

Reactions: Lovly
BrezColin said:
wow that’s awesome keep that effort up and you will be :bomb::bomb::bomb: your goal in not time. I have 25kgs to lose I haven’t got on scales yet.
Thanks. I was soo worried last night im not earimg enough as im portion control eating ( toddler plate :joy:) and pretty healthy.. really small amount but every meal.. I may continue but on weekend have watever i want but in my portion control plate.. I have about that that too and I would love to loose 10kgs before seeing my doc on 10th Feb

Lovly said:
Thanks. I was soo worried last night im not earimg enough as im portion control eating ( toddler plate :joy:) and pretty healthy.. really small amount but every meal.. I may continue but on weekend have watever i want but in my portion control plate.. I have about that that too and I would love to loose 10kgs before seeing my doc on 10th Feb
I either have everything in long rectangle OR half full rectangle + 1 square.. LAST NIGHT : I had (Satay chicken in triange and h/madr fried rice lots of veggies in 1 small square). Woohoo go for it!

Guys, please, please, please, drink more water during the day! :) It's the simplest and cheapest solution if you have bad sleep and dry mouth problem.
And, of course, try to take your pill very early in the morning (the earlier the better;))

Skinnyjay said:
Day one yesterday of duromine 30mg... Other than a dry mouth had a good day. Came to bed time absolutely exhausted after work.... And guess what?! I tossed and turned 4.5hrs sleep!!! Please tell me it gets easier.... I can't handle no sleep - although I feel like I've slept 8hrs! Work in 2.5hours...
I was on duromine for 3 months. I slept different everynight. Drink lots of water. I lost 27.5kg in 4 1/2 months. 4 clothes sizes smaller. Im sleeping alot better now. I changed my eating habits 7 months ago and my exercise routines which I still do everyday. Its a long hard journey but its worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently on day 3 of 40mg Duromine. I'm yet to sleep more than 3 hours a night. How long before you guys were able to get a decent night sleep? Is there anything you found helped you sleep? I'm still full or energy and not really feeling the lack of sleep yet but I have a busy week and don't want to suddenly crash and burn :LLL

Momon said:
I'm currently on day 3 of 40mg Duromine. I'm yet to sleep more than 3 hours a night. How long before you guys were able to get a decent night sleep? Is there anything you found helped you sleep? I'm still full or energy and not really feeling the lack of sleep yet but I have a busy week and don't want to suddenly crash and burn :LLL
When do you take your tablet? I take mine super early and go back to sleep no problem and I haven't had any trouble sleeping at night.

Scally said:
When do you take your tablet? I take mine super early and go back to sleep no problem and I haven't had any trouble sleeping at night.
I take it around 6am in the morning. I only am able to sleep from around 2am-5am

Momon said:
I take it around 6am in the morning. I only am able to sleep from around 2am-5am
I take mine at 3.30-4am and go back to sleep til 6 when the kids get up and I can still be in bed by 10 and fall asleep

Scally said:
I take mine at 3.30-4am and go back to sleep til 6 when the kids get up and I can still be in bed by 10 and fall asleep
Aha damn. I'd take mine that early but due to late nights and early mornings it would mess up my sleeping pattern. 6am is the earliest I can take it but of a night I do stay up till about midnight.

Momon said:
Aha damn. I'd take mine that early but due to late nights and early mornings it would mess up my sleeping pattern. 6am is the earliest I can take it but of a night I do stay up till about midnight.
I'm "lucky" my kids don't sleep so I just take it one of the times I have to get up to them haha :joy:

@Momon, how do you feel now?
Insomnia is a very common side effect you may have during the first 5-10 days of Duromine treatment.
We have a couple of similar discussions on the forum, where you can read about other people's experiences and their recommendations.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!:heart:

Last edited:
Reactions: Momon
Momon said:
I take mine at 4am and go back to sleep normally until like 6:30/7 every morning and the and back to bed around 8/9pm and sleep right through every night again until 4am. my partner gets up at 4am for work so it’s easy for me, and I’ve never had any trouble sleeping while on the 40mgs