Lack Of Sleep. Tips To Improve Your Sleep - [UPDATED 2021]

Yes,15mg Day 1 for me today. Took my 1st pill very early 4am then went straight back to sleep,woke up refreshed, now 7:30pm and feeling a bit sleepy now but more energy today as usually I start feeling tired after lunchtime esp if I've had too many carbs. Hope u sleep well tonight :)

I took my first 30mg today and have heaps of energy. Don't know if I am going to be tired tonight. Took it 7am.

hi
here some Tips for Getting a Good Night’s Sleep
  • Try to go to sleep and get up at the same time everyday
  • Get as much natural sunlight as possible
  • Move vigorously during the day—don't sit for more than an hour
  • Limit caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and big meals at night
  • Take time for relaxing activities before sleep
  • Create a calm and restful sleep environment

Reactions: Kate
Thank you for the tips. I have just done 7 days on 15 mg another 7 days on 15mg then to see if the 30mg is ok.

Great tips! I have always suffered from insomnia in everyday life, so now that I'm taking Duromine I'm getting almost no sleep at all ( only 1 hour last night) Luckily I'm used to lack of sleep but I can imagine how shocking this is to people who normally get a good nights rest.
Regardless I'm confident that this side effect will pass in time, lack of sleep doesn't kill you ( although we can all agree it feels like it can) and if I have to choose between losing weight or sleep, I'm going to choose the weight loss right now. Sweet dreams everyone x

Reactions: April
One week down and l'm struggling with sleep. Only on 15mg and haven't felt hungry once...
In fact l have to remind myself to eat. Would love to see the month out but struggling with the sleep issues..
GP gave me a 10mg dose of temazapan but suggested only 2 nights and see if the side effects wear off... sleep like a baby last night but concern the sleep deprivation won't go!
Anybody have a similar experience?
Is it worth pushing thru?

Hello Munce! How is it going? Did you manage to finally get some good sleep? Some people skip one or two days of Duromine, when insomnia hits them this hard and try to restart… Hope you are doing better… have a nice week!

Hi!

I'm just at the beginning of my Duromine journey - only two days in.

Already love it and feel the effects without feeling like an altered person.

Tonight, however, is particularly tough on the sleep front.

I've had restless nights pre-duromine so I'm not too concerned but I do see it popping up a bit on the forums as an issue for some people.

Is the sleeplessness something that remains thoughtout the duration of using Duromine or is it just an immediate side effect you become in-tune with over time?

Would love to know other people's experiences!

:)

CarlyH said:
Hi!

I'm just at the beginning of my Duromine journey - only two days in.

Already love it and feel the effects without feeling like an altered person.

Tonight, however, is particularly tough on the sleep front.

I've had restless nights pre-duromine so I'm not too concerned but I do see it popping up a bit on the forums as an issue for some people.

Is the sleeplessness something that remains thoughtout the duration of using Duromine or is it just an immediate side effect you become in-tune with over time?

Would love to know other people's experiences!

:)
Hiya CarlyH!
On my first day I was on Duromine 30mg, I took it at 9am when I woke up. That night I truly struggled to fall asleep and I was tossing and turning the entire night.
From then on, I took my pill every morning at around 6:45 (I'd wake up to take the pill and then go back to sleep). Taking it earlier has definitely helped and I find it easier to go to sleep and I now rarely wake up in the middle of the night. I've read that many people on other forums have gotten better sleep by taking the pill earlier.
I also found that shutting my laptop off at 10pm and reading until I was tired (as opposed to continuously binge watching TV shows until my eyes gave up) helped the sleep situation too.
I hope that this answered your questions!
MeeMee :)

Reactions: April and Jimmys949
CarlyH

Coming from a shift-worker with always changing shifts, it's difficult to tell you when it comes to the Insomnia side effect. I've only been on Duromine for a few weeks now (works for me) and there hasn't been all that much difference for me. Usual bedtime pre-Duromine was around 0200-0300 hrs and then awake at 0700-0800 ish. The hard parts are getting to sleep and then getting the motivation to get out of bed in the morning, staying asleep is the easy part. Post-Duromine is between 0400-0500 ish and up again at 0900-1000 ish but the experience so far is that once your up, showered, taken your daily dose and now off to work/uni/being an adult, the medication takes effect and it's business as usual.

If in doubt, discuss with your Doctor at next check-up. Their suggestions may go along the lines of:
  • The Dosage. Will lowering the dose allow you to sleep better whilst still keeping Duromine's assistance in weight-loss.
  • Alternatives. In your experience of using Duromine, what has and has not improved your sleep once you've feel the restlessness (e.g. no coffee at all after X o'clock)
  • If you're deadset sold on continuing the use of Duromine and pushing through the insomnia, what other methods could ease that burden (e.g. sleep therapist consult)
The Doctor's there to manage and adapt your treatments to suite your healthcare plan, but ultimately it's up to you with what you do and what your mind and body can safely handle.

Hope this helps.

MeeMee said:
Hiya CarlyH!
On my first day I was on Duromine 30mg, I took it at 9am when I woke up. That night I truly struggled to fall asleep and I was tossing and turning the entire night.
From then on, I took my pill every morning at around 6:45 (I'd wake up to take the pill and then go back to sleep). Taking it earlier has definitely helped and I find it easier to go to sleep and I now rarely wake up in the middle of the night. I've read that many people on other forums have gotten better sleep by taking the pill earlier.
I also found that shutting my laptop off at 10pm and reading until I was tired (as opposed to continuously binge watching TV shows until my eyes gave up) helped the sleep situation too.
I hope that this answered your questions!
MeeMee :)

Thanks so much for this! I have been taking it around 6am so this shouldn't be a problem. The first night I was on it I slept like a baby. I forgot to mention it was quite hot last night so restlessness was something that could have been a response to that.

Are you happy with Duromine??

T
Jimmys949 said:
CarlyH

Coming from a shift-worker with always changing shifts, it's difficult to tell you when it comes to the Insomnia side effect. I've only been on Duromine for a few weeks now (works for me) and there hasn't been all that much difference for me. Usual bedtime pre-Duromine was around 0200-0300 hrs and then awake at 0700-0800 ish. The hard parts are getting to sleep and then getting the motivation to get out of bed in the morning, staying asleep is the easy part. Post-Duromine is between 0400-0500 ish and up again at 0900-1000 ish but the experience so far is that once your up, showered, taken your daily dose and now off to work/uni/being an adult, the medication takes effect and it's business as usual.

If in doubt, discuss with your Doctor at next check-up. Their suggestions may go along the lines of:
  • The Dosage. Will lowering the dose allow you to sleep better whilst still keeping Duromine's assistance in weight-loss.
  • Alternatives. In your experience of using Duromine, what has and has not improved your sleep once you've feel the restlessness (e.g. no coffee at all after X o'clock)
  • If you're deadset sold on continuing the use of Duromine and pushing through the insomnia, what other methods could ease that burden (e.g. sleep therapist consult)
The Doctor's there to manage and adapt your treatments to suite your healthcare plan, but ultimately it's up to you with what you do and what your mind and body can safely handle.

Hope this helps.

Yes it does, I think it might have been the unusually warm weather we experienced this time of year that didn't help it and I just naturally assumed it would be the Duromine.

Besides for feeling quite peppy right now - none of the side effects have been major.

How are you finding Duromine?

CarlyH said:
T

Yes it does, I think it might have been the unusually warm weather we experienced this time of year that didn't help it and I just naturally assumed it would be the Duromine.

Besides for feeling quite peppy right now - none of the side effects have been major.

How are you finding Duromine?

Glad to hear that it hasn't been too harsh on you. I've found that after a few days, weighing yourself the exact same way regularly you can then see what your achieving.

At it the peak of winter it was ok but occasionally I had to put the fan on to cool off. Then I'd start to overheat a little and uncover some parts to get the breeze and end up freezing then, like a cold sweat or clamminess. It takes a bit more effort to get to sleep but it is worth it for me.

I'm finding that it's working for me and is helping me to form much healthier habits whilst on it. I'm also already starting to reap the benefits coming from those choices so keep at it and see for yourself (I'm a really big guy so small weightloss has a big effect).

Have
Jimmys949 said:
Glad to hear that it hasn't been too harsh on you. I've found that after a few days, weighing yourself the exact same way regularly you can then see what your achieving.

At it the peak of winter it was ok but occasionally I had to put the fan on to cool off. Then I'd start to overheat a little and uncover some parts to get the breeze and end up freezing then, like a cold sweat or clamminess. It takes a bit more effort to get to sleep but it is worth it for me.

I'm finding that it's working for me and is helping me to form much healthier habits whilst on it. I'm also already starting to reap the benefits coming from those choices so keep at it and see for yourself (I'm a really big guy so small weightloss has a big effect).

Hey Jimmy!

Have you faced illness on Duromine yet? I think I have a chest infection but don't want to stop the progression.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

CarlyH said:
Have

Hey Jimmy!

Have you faced illness on Duromine yet? I think I have a chest infection but don't want to stop the progression.

No Carly, I've been coping with it really well, especially being on higher dose.
I'm not without side effects of course but nothing has hit me overly hard....yet anyway that is.
How is it affecting your chest specifically? Coughing, gurgling, whistling, difficulty in breathing? If any, is it on breathing in and/or out?

CarlyH said:
Have

Hey Jimmy!

Hi! You know, I have noticed that many many people complain of having a flu somewhere around the second week on Duromine. It seems to me that it is one of side effects.. probably when the body is slowly getting used to the drug. However, if you are planning on taking any drugs, I would advise you to stop Duromine. A couple of days won’t change a lot… yes, they will slightly postpone the end of the course. Still drug interactions are among my biggest worries when you are on Duromine. Get well soon!

CarlyH said:
Thanks so much for this! I have been taking it around 6am so this shouldn't be a problem. The first night I was on it I slept like a baby. I forgot to mention it was quite hot last night so restlessness was something that could have been a response to that.

Are you happy with Duromine??
Hiya!
I find that it's not suppressing my appetite as much as I had initially thought it would. I'm actually glad for this because I don't find myself forcing myself to eat - I get hungry around meal times and hence I eat then.
I also only have one major side effect (the dry mouth) which I'm glad about.

I can definitely see a change in my weight however not so much physically (I might just not be noticing the small differences).

Referring to your illness, a couple of days ago I had really bad menstrual cramps. I had taken 2 Pandadols twice on the day and I found that it didn't really interact with the Duromine. However this might not be the case in the long term or/and with other medication - it would be best to just ask your doctor.

Also, sorry for the late reply and hope you get well soon!

How are you doing Carly? Any improvements?

4 days of insomnia, on the verge going mad, and I’ve just come back from the Pharmacy in search of a sleep aid.

Me: Can I get a sleeping pill that won’t interact with Phentermine?
Pharmacist: what’s Phentermine?
Me: an appetite suppressant
Pharmacist: not sure *checks computer*
Me: ....
Pharmacist: says here it’s a common side effect I’m afraid.
Me: yes...
Pharmacist: ...so stop taking it and you won’t have insomnia
Me: mmm
Pharmacist: you can take it but the minute you stop it’ll come back immediately.
Me: the insomnia?
Pharmacist: no the weight loss
Me: ???
Pharmacist: you could ride out the insomnia but my advice is stop taking the pills and do it the healthy way, diet and exercise losing 1-2lbs a week
Me: err...
Pharmacist: there’s no significant evidence that you can’t take sleep aid with it but there’s a risk of a bad reaction. It’ll be your choice.
Me: yeah I’ll take the sleep aid, thanks

Just stop taking it? Really? Do it the healthy way? WTH?

Have you ever been on a diet? 1-2lbs loss isn’t that easy! Who said I haven’t tried the healthy way?

Instead of drugs versus lifestyle improvements how about drugs AND lifestyle improvements?

Anyone ever assume you weren’t trying just because you need a helping hand?

So not fair.. I can totally relate to how you feel. This is why most people try to hide the fact of using Duromine from their acquaintances and relatives… People simply can’t understand that you don’t immediately hop on using a seriously potent drug that can bring a ton of side effects… Don’t mind the pharmacist, it’s not their call to tell you how you should act. You know the risks and realize how it works. Darn! This phrase “once you stop it’ll come back” – hate it. it works for any weight loss diet and exercising, as well. So… what to do, drop down and die? Whatever…

Good that you got yourself a sleeping aid. You do need a good night’s sleep to keep losing weight. What time do you take the pill?