Duromine Day 3

Hi,
Congrats on your achievements to date, must make you feel awesome :)

I’m 42 and a mum of 2 and started 40mg today - I have a chronic back prob that limits my physical capacity and despite following a healthy lifestyle I can’t shift the weight I’ve put on after my injury. So, I’m trying the duromine.

In general feeling ok. Had buzz type feeling after first taking tablet this morn but it eased after a while. Reduced appetite. Late arvo feeling a bit tired and now tonight feeling same buzz/fuzzy. Feels a bit ‘prickly’ the buzz in my head - weird lol. I’m hoping I don’t experience too much insomnia tonight and the side effects diminish :)

mystyblue said:
Hi,
Congrats on your achievements to date, must make you feel awesome :)

I’m 42 and a mum of 2 and started 40mg today - I have a chronic back prob that limits my physical capacity and despite following a healthy lifestyle I can’t shift the weight I’ve put on after my injury. So, I’m trying the duromine.

In general feeling ok. Had buzz type feeling after first taking tablet this morn but it eased after a while. Reduced appetite. Late arvo feeling a bit tired and now tonight feeling same buzz/fuzzy. Feels a bit ‘prickly’ the buzz in my head - weird lol. I’m hoping I don’t experience too much insomnia tonight and the side effects diminish :)
Good luck with it all mystyblue. Can't wait to hear about your weight loss next week. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Reactions: mystyblue
fuzzybear said:
Good luck with it all mystyblue. Can't wait to hear about your weight loss next week. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

@fuzzybear, how are you? How is your weight loss going?

@mystyblue, Welcome to the Forum and wish you a successful weight loss. Hopefully, your worries about sleeplessness were groundless and you managed to sleep well.

Have a great week everyone on this thread! =)

Hi! How did the weekend go? Did you manage to 'solve the issue'? Feeling any better?

Hello! Look it was good over the weekend but still not feeling ‘empty’. I have doc appointment on Friday so will explain what’s happening. I bought some apple cider vinegar which someone recommended as well so will try that, and see what the doctor says! Thanks for checking in :)

And sleeping much better so that’s good!!

Oh good! At least some relief and some sleeping! =) google about the vinegar and how to use it. it is a good thing, just have to be sure that your stomach is ok.

Hello! Loss of .8 this week!

Sw: 76.5
CW: 70.3
GW: 62

I’ve finally found relief re: toilet issues! I’ve realised that I’ve been eating salads, oats for breakfast but my body needs a bit more carbs! This has happened before in the past, so I upped my carbs and I feel much better! And happy with my weight loss. I went to the doctor this morning and I did get my final month prescription, which I’m happy about. I am going to start taking it every second day when I buy my next prescription, I’ve still got about a week left of this one.

I’m feeling positive again! Almost cracked the under 70 which I’m very happy about!! :)

Oh, good for you! Remembering about having the same thing and addressing the issue in this way is a brilliant solution! And the weight loss… CONGRATS! You’re closer and closer and closer to the goal weight. =))

I just wanted to remind you that usually, when we get close to the goal weight, the weight loss process slows down, so you will probably have to apply some alternation techniques. I mean, the nutrition and the exercises. Be ready for this and keep up the fantastic work and your positive mood! =))

Reactions: Janduro
Hello! Forgot to post again last week!
SW: 76.5
CW: 69.5
GW: 62

I’ve stayed the same this week. This is due to having to go interstate for work. I didn’t take Duromine for two days and food was catered, I tried my best but temptation sometimes gets ya! Not beating myself up over it, but back on track!

I’ll be taking Duromine every second day now for a week, and see how I go. I really want to be about 65kg. Once I’m around there, I’ll reassess as I haven’t been 62 for over 10 years!

Slow and steady and yes I know even 300gm loss is a positive when you get closer to your goal weight. I’ll keep on pushing!

Hey! Thanks for bringing the news. Glad to see you ready and decided to continue fighting, even after a slip. It’s ok. The main thing is to focus on your goal and never stop moving towards it! =)) Have a very productive, dynamic and successful new week!

@mystyblue and @fuzzybear thx for your messages. i really hope duromine is helping u both. for me its been amazing. i am almost at week 8 and have lost 20kgs. most days now i walk gor an hour and swim 1km and am consistently eatimg healthy and have cut back portion sizes and snacking. i feel very confident i will reach my goal and feel fab compared to how things were. i hope u guys are having a positive journey.

Reactions: April
I'm now just over 8 weeks on Duromine 15mg. I've pretty much been doing what I should be - healthy foods (and not much carbs as I've found that including carbs leads me to overeat, and want more, and affects my weight loss), walking and swimming most days, and just doing what I can to make it as easy as possible to stick with these new good habits.

I started out at 119.4kgs, and am now down to 98.9kgs. So, that's about a 20kg loss - which I am of course absolutely thrilled about. I still have a long way to go - the top of a healthy BMI for me is 65kgs, but am feeling confident that I can get there. While of course I'm enjoying the weight coming off, I'm also thinking more about how I can maintain it as for me that feels like it will be the most challenging part of this journey. Has anyone got an success stories about those who have used Duromine to get the weight off, and have been able to largely maintain their loses?

154 said:
I'm now just over 8 weeks on Duromine 15mg. I've pretty much been doing what I should be - healthy foods (and not much carbs as I've found that including carbs leads me to overeat, and want more, and affects my weight loss), walking and swimming most days, and just doing what I can to make it as easy as possible to stick with these new good habits.

I started out at 119.4kgs, and am now down to 98.9kgs. So, that's about a 20kg loss - which I am of course absolutely thrilled about. I still have a long way to go - the top of a healthy BMI for me is 65kgs, but am feeling confident that I can get there. While of course I'm enjoying the weight coming off, I'm also thinking more about how I can maintain it as for me that feels like it will be the most challenging part of this journey. Has anyone got an success stories about those who have used Duromine to get the weight off, and have been able to largely maintain their loses?

Wooo 154! Now that is a fantastic Christmas and New Year present you gave yourself!! With so many efforts and commitment you are bound to succeed! You can check the category Success stories and motivation and find some weight loss and weight maintenance success stories. I hope these help and I hope that you manage to stay as motivated as you are now and will get to your goal eventually. Best of luck and be proud of your achievements!!

Last edited:
Thanks April - I will check out those success stories now! And yes, onwards.

Hi everyone,

Not completely sure if this is where this should go, but I wanted a place to document my progress and maybe ask a few questions and get some help along the way.

I am 21 years old and just started taking Duromine 15mg on Monday. My partner and I spent the Christmas break planning a holiday in October to the US. I think it finally sank in that i had an issue and it was time to ask my doctor for help. (The thought of having to ask for a seatbelt extender is absolutely mortifying having been laughed at previously on a trip to Melbourne.)

I hadn't weighed myself in a while so 147kgs was a huge shock for me also, but I also think it as given me the motivation I desperately needed. My partner is also joining me on this journey, his start weight is 118kgs. Today marks day 3, and I think it is going very well, I don't have the same hunger that I used to, and I don't get the urge to eat things just because they are there. My only side effect is having a dry mouth, which honestly just makes me drink twice the amount of water which cant be a bad thing haha!

I am also treating this as the beginning of a lifestyle change, with added walking most days and calorie counting. Duromine has really helped me be mindful of portion sizes, I am really hoping I can make this a permanent change in my life.

I was hesitant, but decided to make this post to hold me accountable, I will update hopefully each week after our weigh in. I honestly can't wait for my first weigh in.

I'd also love some tips and healthy meal ideas if anyone has any they would like to share. Or extra things I can do during the day to help my progress.

Start Weight/Current: 147kg
First Goal: 120
Long Term Goal: <100

Reactions: Wenz34 and Shants
Hi, Marshmaya! Welcome into our Duromine community! I am so happy to see that you are on your way to a new you and new your partner! Congratulations on coming to this decision and may your motivation always be strong and leading you forward, to your goal. Goodness! You will have each other’s support and you can train together. Do it in a fun way and make this experience the most enjoyable of your life. You know, they say that you can check your relationship with your partner through your house renovation. Well, I say that you two can become even closer through renovating your bodies together.

You can have a food diary to help you with calories counting. Or you can use any app for counting calories that you find convenient. To make sure that you are not mistaken about the amount of food that you consume, you can start the first couple of weeks by measuring your portions. The Internet is full of healthy recipes, which you can adjust to your taste. I think you already know some general ideas, like having 3 main meals a day and 1-3- snacks (depending on the length of your day). You can start your morning with porridge, or cottage cheese with berries/nuts/fruits/vegetables, or wholegrain toast with a slice of avocado, tomato and a piece of chicken breast, left from yesterday’s lunch, for example. =) lunch and dinner can be pretty alike, and should include lots of vegetables and some lean protein (you can add 1-2 tablespoons of slow carbs to your lunch to avoid getting too hungry in the evening). Snack with fruit (only in the morning, and not every day), nuts/seeds (really moderate amounts, as these are very high in calories), natural yogurt/cottage cheese, eggs, etc. All in all, you need to make healthy food choices and be mindful of your portions.

Extra things you can do during the day is to add some load to your usual activities and choose activities that are more active. For example, when you vacuum your house, you can also move your thigs from side to side and tense your buttocks, abs at the same time. Instead of washing the floors with a mop, do it with your hands, standing on your knees (again tense your muscles everywhere), which will help you work through your arms. while ironing, you can raise your legs from side to side. When you fold the clothes after washing, you can squat (be careful with the knees though and learn to do it correctly) after every piece of clothes that you folded.

I have to warn you right now. This journey is not going to be an easy one. You will have to be really tough to overcome all unpleasant things that you will meet along the way, but every small win over yourself, over your habits that brought you to the current spot will bring you closer to your goal of being healthy and satisfied with yourself. Be proud with every achievement. All the sweat and tears are worth the final result. You have your partner and he is fighting together with you, so use his support and give him yours. You can both do it! Best of luck!

Reactions: Gab75 and Shants
Marshmaya said:
Hi everyone,

Not completely sure if this is where this should go, but I wanted a place to document my progress and maybe ask a few questions and get some help along the way.

I am 21 years old and just started taking Duromine 15mg on Monday. My partner and I spent the Christmas break planning a holiday in October to the US. I think it finally sank in that i had an issue and it was time to ask my doctor for help. (The thought of having to ask for a seatbelt extender is absolutely mortifying having been laughed at previously on a trip to Melbourne.)

I hadn't weighed myself in a while so 147kgs was a huge shock for me also, but I also think it as given me the motivation I desperately needed. My partner is also joining me on this journey, his start weight is 118kgs. Today marks day 3, and I think it is going very well, I don't have the same hunger that I used to, and I don't get the urge to eat things just because they are there. My only side effect is having a dry mouth, which honestly just makes me drink twice the amount of water which cant be a bad thing haha!

I am also treating this as the beginning of a lifestyle change, with added walking most days and calorie counting. Duromine has really helped me be mindful of portion sizes, I am really hoping I can make this a permanent change in my life.

I was hesitant, but decided to make this post to hold me accountable, I will update hopefully each week after our weigh in. I honestly can't wait for my first weigh in.

I'd also love some tips and healthy meal ideas if anyone has any they would like to share. Or extra things I can do during the day to help my progress.

Start Weight/Current: 147kg
First Goal: 120
Long Term Goal: <100
Hello there..... well done to you for joining and Sharing... It's only my first day but I am so motivated by all that I am reading.

I started my 15mg this morning... had a tall glass of water.... And I've decided to combined my duromine with herbalife... I have set up 3 shakes for the day one in the morning one for a snack and one for lunch.... supper will be green veggies mixed with some other colors but mostly green .... with a portion of either chicken or fish or meat the size of the palm of your hand.... I know it may seem bland... But you can spice things up... And with duromine suppressing one's appetite.. It's actually a miracle when one eats anything because you flat out just don't remember to eat... But you have to.

Good luck on ur journey and don't be negative if you don't see results immediately.... what I plan to do is weigh myself at the end of each month rather than every day or week.... you will feel the difference on your clothing and you will see the difference on your face... at least that's how it worked for me in 2010 when I first used this product... my friends could see the loss even though I could not. It was amazing.

Best of luck

Hi @Marshmaya

Welcome to the forum. I think putting our information on here does help us stay a little more motivated.

We had the EXACT same start weight. I was 147kg too :) Although you didn't mention your height (I am 6 foot 1)

We need to keep motivating each other, I am now down to 114.2kg and my doctor does my weigh in's so I can't cheat LOLOL. It has been a long slow journey for me and you have set yourself really good targets for both time and weight.

The biggest weight loss tip was from my doctor, he said to stop ALL processed sugar - oh I hated him for that comment, I won't repeat what I said to him LOL.

But you know what, it worked, I get my sugar from fruit etc. Most of my loss has been off my stomach and I get 6 weekly blood tests to see what my insides are doing not just the scales. I have had big drops in all areas of overall health - liver is great, blood sugar is balanced and best of all my cholesterol is going down baby !!!! LOL

Take care
:):)