Duromine Day 3

I forgot to check in on Friday!
Week 2 update: 0.9kg lost
SW: 76.5
CW: 73.4
GW: 62

Had a better week in terms of being more active and I know usually the second week you don’t lose as much, so I’m happy there’s still a loss! As for being tired, I’m better I just seem to crash at night which is a positive! Will see the result in Friday. I have to go back to the doctors as my goal was to lose 2.5kg in 3 weeks. If this doesn’t happen, he won’t prescribe me the next month. I’ve done it already, but you know what scales are like! At home I weigh heavier than I do there, so I’m hoping that’s still the case on Friday! Haha

Hey, well done! And you were talking about having 40 mg. Definitely no need of those. =)) Very well done on your physical activity. Hopefully, you will soon start feeling stronger and will enjoy getting more and more active every day, Btw, the fact that your husband is also on a weight loss journey might help you two lose more weight and get in a better shape TOGETHER! Training in couple is very fun and challenging. =)

Janduro, keep being consistent and I am sure that your doctor will be pleased with your results. No relaxing, lady! Keep up the hard work! High five!

Reactions: Janduro
Hello Lisa! You are so welcome to this Duromine community! It is always such a huge pleasure to see one more person who is willing and ready for a life-changing journey, especially when the plan is to maintain the results achieved. BRAVO!

Very happy that despite high pressure at the doc’s appointment, your exercising went well and you did not feel any faster heartbeat. However, if the pounding heart is something that you start feeling often, you need to monitor your condition while exercising and better start with some lower loads to see how your heart reacts to them. Hopefully, it will be ok. Btw, swimming is among my favorites for weight loss, so if you can stick to it – it’ll do you a huge favor – will help you avoid sagging skin as you keep losing weight.

As for the nutrition… sounds rather ok. Still, I didn’t see any grains there (you can even have some popcorn without salt and butter – it’s good – to snack on). or add some crunch to your chicken salad with some croutons made of wholegrain bread cooked on a dry pan. DO you add any dressing to your salad? Olive oil? If you try to avoid it – don’t. You do need some healthy fats, and you can get them from olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds (careful with the amount of all these though).

All in all, you seem to know what you are doing and I keep my fingers crossed for your success. I have a feeling that you came here for a good reason and you will get to your goal. Best of luck to you, Lisa!

Hi Lisa!

You are a very similar height/weight to me when i started about 4 months back.

Good luck with the duromine - i had no side effects the whole time so fingers crossed yours settle down.

Make sure you track your calories as i found this made me more accountable than just estimating in my mind - i have been using myfitness pal!

Good luck with it all - i have a post somewhere if you want to have a look (i have no idea how to link it!).

Exercise was key for me as well not just for burning food but also the support system i found with group training!

Reactions: April
Week 3 update: .4 loss
CW: 73

Smaller loss this week but that brings it to 3.5kg in 3 weeks which is great. I did measurements as well at PT and have lost a bit around tummy and hips as well! Had doc’s appointment and he was happy with my progress, and got it for another month. So this time I’ll go back in 4 weeks instead of 3 and have to lose 2.5 which is doable and reasonable. Feeling motivated to keep on pushing!

Hi Janduro! Well done on further weight loss! Looking forward to your last Duromine month (not sure if you will get a prescription for another month) and hope you will push it as hard as you can to smash that goal of yours! Best of luck!

4 week update: 1kg loss
CW: 72

In one month I’ve lost 4.5kg. Very happy with that result, because I think when I’m off the Duromine, I will be able to maintain what I’m doing. I hope I get another month of it because the Xmas season is coming up!!

Perfect! Really, it’s so great that you are sure of your ability to maintain the changes that you introduced. It means that you are very serious about this whole Duromine thing and definitely don’t want to repeat it again. =)) Congratulations on your weight loss! It’s really great! Nice and steady. Fingers crossed on one more month from your doc. Cheers!

Hi, I'm a 48 year old mother of four - with three of my children aged between 5 - 9. My work means I'm at the computer most of the time, and I've always had problems controlling my sweet tooth (esp chocolate) etc. I started on Duromine on Thursday, so this is day 3 for me. I'm on 15 mg per day, and so far so good. Energy up, appetite down, and no side effects apart from waking up early and being a bit more wakeful at night. Already it's been amazing, and after so many false starts at trying to get the weight off I feel confident that I can now do it. Onwards!

Reactions: mystyblue
154 said:
Hi, I'm a 48 year old mother of four - with three of my children aged between 5 - 9. My work means I'm at the computer most of the time, and I've always had problems controlling my sweet tooth (esp chocolate) etc. I started on Duromine on Thursday, so this is day 3 for me. I'm on 15 mg per day, and so far so good. Energy up, appetite down, and no side effects apart from waking up early and being a bit more wakeful at night. Already it's been amazing, and after so many false starts at trying to get the weight off I feel confident that I can now do it. Onwards!

Hi 154, I am new to this forum too. I started Duromine on Thursday like you, so this is my 4th day today, also on 15 mg per day. So far all is good, like you, I'm waking up earlier and my appetite is down too. Hoping to lose about 14kgs and more would be great. Good luck!

Hi Fuzzybear - thanks for your message. It's really heartwarming and encouraging to hear from someone else who's started at the same time and having the same experience. I have absolutely non doubt that you'll do great, 14 kgs seems like a very reasonable amount of weight to lose with the help of Duromine (in my four days of experience lol). Good luck to you too!

Welcome to the forum, 154 and Fuzzybear! May your Duromine journeys go in a perfect pace and hopefully you will provide each other with some great support, just like all other users of this forum. Best of luck and keep it strong!

Hi Lisa! How are you doing? Still going on Duromine?

154, hi! How do you feel today?

Hi April - thanks for your message. I feel great. I had my first visit with the nurse today, it's been 7 days since I started on Duromine and I've lost 4.9 kgs. As you can imagine I'm over the moon about it. I've been doing everything right, in that I'm doing plenty of exercise and I looked back over my weeks logs and was surprised to see that for the first time in my life I ate completely healthy, small portions, and no sugary/fatty foods for a week. Who is this woman? It's amazing what's possible with the help of Duromine. Am working on developing those healthy habits so that it sticks once I come off. What a great headstart this is giving me. Yayyyyy!

Wo-ho-ho! Just look at you going! Amazing weight loss!! Sincere congratulations!! Indeed, you are doing everything correctly and I am really happy that Duromine helps you with that. You said it so correctly – developing and getting used to healthy habits is probably among the major things that you need to do while on Duromine. Keep it up! Whatever you do, it obviously works =)) high five!

Hi all! Forgot to post last week! Lost .7 and this week only .2

Sw: 76.5
CW: 71.1

Issues with this week: not going to the toilet since Sunday! I went out for Chinese (not my choice), ate a bit of everything and less than usual. And Monday was extremely bloated. I have smashed the water but to no avail. I’ve been stressed at work, which is definitely a contributing factor! I just really want to go to the toilet! Lol I’m hoping tomorrow being the weekend I can relax and reset! Will see how I go! I have the doctor’s appointment next Friday and I want the last month which I’m planning to take every second/ even third day. Also sleep has been a huge problem this week so I’m going to persevere this week and then reduce it. I just would really like the next month of prescription!

Hi there! The fact that you managed to lose anything while not cleansing your body of waste for almost a week is something unbelievable!!! Well done on that, BUT you need to get into the pharmacy and get a laxative. You should not wait anymore. Really, it’s been too long…

Stress, yes and Duromine – triple yes. It’s one of its common side effects.

Sleep issues also need to be addressed. Any mild sleep aid… tell the pharmacist that you are on Duromine and ask him to give you something that does not interact with Duromine. Stress and lack of sleep can end up bad.

Hopefully, you will get better during the weekend and fingers crossed on another month on Duromine and great results! Have a great weekend!

154 said:
Hi April - thanks for your message. I feel great. I had my first visit with the nurse today, it's been 7 days since I started on Duromine and I've lost 4.9 kgs. As you can imagine I'm over the moon about it. I've been doing everything right, in that I'm doing plenty of exercise and I looked back over my weeks logs and was surprised to see that for the first time in my life I ate completely healthy, small portions, and no sugary/fatty foods for a week. Who is this woman? It's amazing what's possible with the help of Duromine. Am working on developing those healthy habits so that it sticks once I come off. What a great headstart this is giving me. Yayyyyy!
Well done 154! 4.9kgs!! That's amazing! Keep up the good work!

Reactions: April