missclaire said:
Omg having little water while on duromine is the worst. My throat would feel so dry like dry sand lol. Ure a good mom keira :)

I myself have planned my meal for tomorrow as i struggled a bit these 2 days. Im planning to just eat the same thing for 1 week and try a new one for another week and then repeat the process until the end of september. Thank God i can eat the same thing over and over again. Im not easily bored if the food gets the job done especially on a diet.

My ex colleague she ate literally 3 apples a day without duromine and exercise and she lost a lot of weight but once she eats normal of course she gained all the weight back plus extra bcse she had ruined her metabolism from severe low cals. Now that kind of repetitive menu i will never follow lol

Gym - im on halt now for 1- 2 weeks. I want to focus on dieting so i only eat max 1100-1200 without exercise bcse with exercise we need to add a little bit more cals to avoid the starvation issue. I think at 1400 ull do just fine :) or maybe ill go back to running once my body hit a plateau and use running to push it further. I havent decided :)

And sorry to know about the headache ashley. I dont have any today maybe bcse i push myself to eat 1200cals. its hard but i chew hard and swallow hard lol. The thought of starvation mode really freak the hhhhhhh outta me.

Thanks missclaire, thats sweet of you! When you say you struggled, do you mean with not eating enough or were you still hungry? I started feeling hungry again after dinner even after a healthy meal, im wondering if its more my head telling me im hungry out of habit because thats when I used to snack haha. Your lucky you can eat the same thing without getting bored! The thought of living off 3 apples is horrible, how did she not get sick??
Im going to see a dietitian in a couple weeks so it will be interesting to see what she says about how many calories I should be having. Some sites said i should be having 1600 to 1800 but thats an insane amount of food so im sticking to my 1400 for now haha. Its a smart idea to leave ur running for when you hut a plateau, it could be really helpful. Im so unfit I cant run more than 10 minutes without feeling like im dying lol. Smoking doesnt help that tho :/

Good luck on day 3 to you both!!

Keira said:
Thanks missclaire, thats sweet of you! When you say you struggled, do you mean with not eating enough or were you still hungry? I started feeling hungry again after dinner even after a healthy meal, im wondering if its more my head telling me im hungry out of habit because thats when I used to snack haha. Your lucky you can eat the same thing without getting bored! The thought of living off 3 apples is horrible, how did she not get sick??
Im going to see a dietitian in a couple weeks so it will be interesting to see what she says about how many calories I should be having. Some sites said i should be having 1600 to 1800 but thats an insane amount of food so im sticking to my 1400 for now haha. Its a smart idea to leave ur running for when you hut a plateau, it could be really helpful. Im so unfit I cant run more than 10 minutes without feeling like im dying lol. Smoking doesnt help that tho :/

Good luck on day 3 to you both!!

I cant seem to be eating enough. And true to what uve said, some website will advise us to eat more and more cals and i got scared thats why i lay off gym for a while so i can just stick with 1100cals or max 1200cals lol. Im excited to know what your dietician will say, some people avoid them thinking they can just do it on their own and bcse the consultation can be somewhat expensive. Good to know ure doing it the right way! Keep it up :) today is already day 3 huh and moving up to 4 we’ll be a week sooooon. Cant wait to weigh on the 7th. :)

My doctor is really good, he sent through referals for me as part of the treatment plan, hes got me 3 free visits with them so Im lucky. Just have to wait a bit to get in with them. Struggled to make it through my smoothie for breakfast this morning so im hoping the appetitie supression part is working better for me today. Im just as excited to hear how you guys go after your first week! Its so nice to have people to talk to about it, thank you!

Reactions: missclaire
Keira said:
My doctor is really good, he sent through referals for me as part of the treatment plan, hes got me 3 free visits with them so Im lucky. Just have to wait a bit to get in with them. Struggled to make it through my smoothie for breakfast this morning so im hoping the appetitie supression part is working better for me today. Im just as excited to hear how you guys go after your first week! Its so nice to have people to talk to about it, thank you!

No, thank YOU for having the conversations :) I know how lonely it is sometime when we are fighting something and there is no one who we can relate to. I mean some may understand we’re trying to lose weight but they wont interest themselves much to know all the daily details like our silly concerns and all like why the headache the dry mouth the lack of energy etc etc u know, the complaining part lol its always easier to share it with someone on the exact same path :)

My doctor who is an endocrinologist is not that commited :( she just prescribed me the duro15 and tell me to eat only twice a day no snacking and only weigh when the whole strip is done lol.who can resist not weighing? Haha especially a woman on a diet pffft. I dont even know what to eat i had to google but its okay, as long as i have this forum i think i should be fine.

Ooh, maybe I should get into this calorie counting thing? I was just gonna stick with my 2 Lite n Easy meals a day, but maybe that’s not enough.. or too much, I have no clue, haha. I’ve lost 0.75kg since yesterday so I guess that’s something! Head feels much better today. I haven’t had any problems with insomnia which is the side effect I was worried about. Maybe taking the pill at like 3am really does fix that. Yay- day 3!! :)

Oh wow, it sounds like your doing amazing if thats all she told you, thats crazy! My doctor went over all the possible side effects and ways to help reduce them, sent off for me to see the dietitan and asked me to come back in two weeks to check how im going, earlier if I want to. Maybe Ive gotten luckier than i realised. You should be proud of how smart you've been about it!

Glad your heads feeling better Ashley! Thats a great result so far on the scales to, what a motivator. Might be a good idea to have a look at something like My fitness pal, even if only for a few days to give you an idea. I just looked up lite and easy meals on there and most of them are listed under 400calories, so id say your probably not getting enough out of two of them but i couldnt be completely sure. Woo for sleeping haha. Sleep was one thing i worried about aswell, i dont normally sleep the best as it is but iv been fine so far to. Heres to positive results!

Reactions: Rava and missclaire
Keira said:
Oh wow, it sounds like your doing amazing if thats all she told you, thats crazy! My doctor went over all the possible side effects and ways to help reduce them, sent off for me to see the dietitan and asked me to come back in two weeks to check how im going, earlier if I want to. Maybe Ive gotten luckier than i realised. You should be proud of how smart you've been about it!

Glad your heads feeling better Ashley! Thats a great result so far on the scales to, what a motivator. Might be a good idea to have a look at something like My fitness pal, even if only for a few days to give you an idea. I just looked up lite and easy meals on there and most of them are listed under 400calories, so id say your probably not getting enough out of two of them but i couldnt be completely sure. Woo for sleeping haha. Sleep was one thing i worried about aswell, i dont normally sleep the best as it is but iv been fine so far to. Heres to positive results!

I wont say that im that smart i still need her help like yours doing to u :( but guess i have to settle bcse its very hard to book an appointment with any of metabolic doctor or an endocrinologist in my country - kuala lumpur. Thank god for this forum and people like you both :)

Th way you've gone about it to educate yourself and make sure your doing it right has been smart! One thing Im reqlly thankful for here in australia is our healthcare system. Some of our waiting lists can be long if its not an urgent thing but alot of thing are covered under medicare where I live.
How are you both going with it all?

Keira said:
Th way you've gone about it to educate yourself and make sure your doing it right has been smart! One thing Im reqlly thankful for here in australia is our healthcare system. Some of our waiting lists can be long if its not an urgent thing but alot of thing are covered under medicare where I live.
How are you both going with it all?

Aww thanks for the kind words. Lucky you. My health care here is not that great. Unless i have a personal insurance of which not everything are covered. Need to really read the plan carefully before insuring or easily gets duped.

Day 4 today arent we? Yay. Im trying to find a decent bathroom scale that realy work. I bought 2 yesterday and both gave me weird reading. Seems like im always stuck at 65kg when at doc’s office ive reach 69-70kg. So crazy. I dont want to spend on expensive digital scale only to be fooled again. Maybe i should just move out of my house? Lol perhaps there’s problem with the floor or cement.urghh. I never put my scales on carpetings yet the readings are always off.

Yay, day 4! So I’ve lost 1.25kg in the last 2 days. Are either of you scared this won’t work, or is it just me? I have this fear I’m going to be like the only person in the world who is like, immune to the medication, ha.

AshleyDBO said:
Yay, day 4! So I’ve lost 1.25kg in the last 2 days. Are either of you scared this won’t work, or is it just me? I have this fear I’m going to be like the only person in the world who is like, immune to the medication, ha.

Wow!! Congrats! I dont even know how much i weigh now. My bathroom scales got issues lol just bought 2 of them! Urghh. On 2nd day i use a scale at the mall and i lost 0.5kg lol thats it i think hahahaa. Happy for u. Keep it up!

That sucks theyr not working for you missclaire! I know they say different scales can read slightly different but it shouldnt be by huge amounts :( half a kg in two days is still great! Well done!

1.25kg is amazing Ashley! Congrats. Nope your not the only one scared lol. First i was worried about side effects after reading some horror stories, now i havent really had any of that I worry about i sit here and think what if it doesnt help, maybe im some odd body that doesnt react to it. Haha. And where do I go from here if it doesnt?? With 1.2kg gone already for you it sounds like somethings working though, and thats great! Hopefully it keeps up

That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking! Haha. First scared it’d work too well and the side effects would be unbearable, now I feel fine and am like ‘maybe it’s not working...’

Cant win lol. I think I scares myself by reading to many reviews and stories before I started them. Outside of this site, so many were either oh its speed, itll kill you, itll make you so sick. Or the opposite saying it didnt do anything for them. This site was great to find lol

Same! Everyday I google it and read everything, and this is like the only nice/positive place.

Im still doing that every day lol. How are you going with drinking water?

Not very well.. I’m not getting this crazy thirsty thing like everyone says- that’s another reason I’m scared it’s not working. But I ran out of the orange juice I usually drink yesterday, so now I’m just drinking water with some lime juice. I’m a smoker so I always have a drink around to get rid of the taste. So I am drinking water, just not guzzling it like everyone else seems to :/ How about you?

Iv always been pretty good with water but iv gone from having 2 litres a day to 4 or 5 lol. I use an app that gives me a reminder every hour and tracks how much iv had. What im missing is my like 6 coffees a day id have with my smokes lol.

See- I swear I’m doing something wrong! Haha. I’m no more thirsty than I ever was. That’s a good idea about the app, that might help! What’s it called? I still have like 2 or 3 coffees a day :/ With soy milk though and just a sprinkle of sugar so it’s not as bad as it could be, haha, they’re not like caramel frappes with cream or anything

It effects everyone differently though, it must be do something because you've lost a decent amount the last couple days! I might be getting thirstier because Im on the 30mg, and i was already used to drinking at least 2l. Theres a fair few apps for it but the one i use is called "water drink reminder" made by leap fitness group...original name, huh? Lol. Im still having 2 coffees a day over the morning. I have it black but do like a teaspoon of sugar in it :/ I had a few over the whole day yesterday and slept quite shitty so limiting myself to 1 or 2 and has to be before lunch. Having herbal tea after that