Took my first pill at about 3am this morning, then went back to sleep :) Yay! Not feeling anything yet, though.

Reactions: April
Im glad ypu had a better night! Took my first one at 5am this morning, no side effects at a yet, making sure I drink alot of water and had a healthy breakfast so maybe thats helped, hopefully it stays this way. Went back to gym today for the first time sincw i broke my ankle a couple months ago and actually had more energy than usual so yay for that! Hope its been a good day for you so far

Last edited:
Hope your first day went well! I took my first one early this morning aswell. Good luck!

Oh, cool- we can do it together! Are you on 15mg as well?

That wpuld be awesome haha. How are you going so far? My doctor put me on the 30mg.

I don’t notice any difference yet! Don’t feel like I particularly have any more energy than normal or anything. And I still feel hungry How about you?

Pretty much the same. I have been more thirsty than normal but other than that nothing yet. Still quite hungry this afternoon but my dr did say it can take up to a few days to really stop the hunger in some people. I did notice that i had a bit of extra energy durning my time at the gyn today though. Heres to hoping tomorrow has more progress! Haha

I don’t even feel thirsty. I’m thinking if after a week I haven’t noticed much difference, I might start taking 30mg. How long did you spend at the gym? I gotta do some sort of exercise when I get home tonight.

Iv drank 5L of water today and its only 6pm lol. Thats double what I normally do. I spent an hour at the gym, its my first time there since I broke my ankle months ago and Im really unfit so it surprised me how much energy I had there! My doctor put me straight on to the 30mg because of the amount I need to lose, and he said in his experience they work better, and if i feel like theyr to much I can do one every 2 days instead. But I have read a fair few people say they were very successful on the 15s. Hopefully theyll start working for you over the next couple days. Iv still be feeling hungry today, but I found at dinner tonight I could only eat half what I normally do and I felt full, so I guess thats a win haha

Oh wow, it sounds like you’re doing great already! So exciting.

Thanks! How are you feeling today? Did you manage to get some exercise in last night?

Im on 15mg. Currently day 2. Feels good so far. I have mild headache but i just drink more water. My friend said she made herself broth soup. The salt/sodium in it will help ease the headache. I havent tried bcse its still bearable. im planning to start drinking green tea today instead of plain water just to amp up the metabolism a little bit in case i dont eat enough cals and my metabolisme starts to slow down :confused: i dont know if that make sense or gonna work but i think its worth trying.

All the best with your weight loss journey

I took 30mgs early this morning. I think I feel a little less tired than I normally do- I woke up earlier than I planned to.
Yay, we have someone else on day 2! Haha. I don’t even own scales :/ I’ll have to go buy some today. And I really wanna take a before photo, have you guys taken one?

Welcome to day 2 with us missclaire! Let me know how you go with the green tea? I might have to get some. The broth sounds like a good idea, might be good if we get to a point we feel like we really cant eat anything but we know we should have something.
I woke up really early today aswell, but still got a good 6 hours of sleep. Have a headache today, had to stop my morning exercise halfway through because of it -_- i think i need more water.
I havent taken a photo yet. I dont wanna see it lol. But i think i will, to have something to compare to. Might take some and put them in a private foldr on my phone lol. Hope today is a good day for you both!

Keira said:
Welcome to day 2 with us missclaire! Let me know how you go with the green tea? I might have to get some. The broth sounds like a good idea, might be good if we get to a point we feel like we really cant eat anything but we know we should have something.
I woke up really early today aswell, but still got a good 6 hours of sleep. Have a headache today, had to stop my morning exercise halfway through because of it -_- i think i need more water.
I havent taken a photo yet. I dont wanna see it lol. But i think i will, to have something to compare to. Might take some and put them in a private foldr on my phone lol. Hope today is a good day for you both!

I have tried some and i think its ok,i diluted it so i dont really taste the bitterness i dont want to feel jittery while having it.

My friend was on 30mg and she lost quite a lot with the green tea combo and she didnt even exercise. Im afraid to lose that quick bcse i dont have self control i might gorge on food and pile the weight back on once im off duromine. I want it to be slow and steady hehe.

Im planning to stop running for a week too bcse i dont want to eat more cals to compensate, if i dont eat to meet the more cals needed it’ll slow down the metabolism rate a bit and i dont want that. Im just gonna power walk for 10mins.

My doc said not to weigh at all but this morning i take a peek and im 68.5 now so crazy i lost 0.5kg overnight but thats just water weight lol. I know i eat little calories yesterday and i dont want to stall so im gonna try to eat exactly 1200cals today. Im doing intermittent fasting. Hows ur diet going on?

AshleyDBO said:
I took 30mgs early this morning. I think I feel a little less tired than I normally do- I woke up earlier than I planned to.
Yay, we have someone else on day 2! Haha. I don’t even own scales :/ I’ll have to go buy some today. And I really wanna take a before photo, have you guys taken one?

AshleyDBO said:

I havent planned to take photos. Im a shy person haha.

Last edited:
Sorry its taken so long to reply, been at a trampoline play place for a kids party. 3 hours without water was noooot a fun time lol. My kids forgot their drink bottles so I let them drink mine.
It may be water weight at first but it would still be so motivating, thats awesome! Slow and steady soinds good to me, seems more like it will be possible to keep it off once we stop the tablets. My diet was pretty up amd down until i started the duromine, im on a low carb, moderatly high protein plan now. Iv found having the plan written out has helped me make sure Im eating when today i really havent felt much like it. Im on 1400 calories and have started back at gym, planning to go 5 times a week.
How have you both gone with it today?

Wow, you sound so much more organised than me, haha. I’ve had a little headache all day that no amount of paracetamol will shake, so hopefully that’s a sign that it’s working- I’ve heard people list that as a symptom. I had a Lite n Easy meal for lunch and one for dinner, and that’s all I’ve eaten today. Wasn’t feeling particularly thirsty, though. And I bought some scales! Haha. So now I can weigh myself every couple of days.
I really wanna take my before picture but I’m terrified my bf will see it, ha. How embarrassing.

Omg having little water while on duromine is the worst. My throat would feel so dry like dry sand lol. Ure a good mom keira :)

I myself have planned my meal for tomorrow as i struggled a bit these 2 days. Im planning to just eat the same thing for 1 week and try a new one for another week and then repeat the process until the end of september. Thank God i can eat the same thing over and over again. Im not easily bored if the food gets the job done especially on a diet.

My ex colleague she ate literally 3 apples a day without duromine and exercise and she lost a lot of weight but once she eats normal of course she gained all the weight back plus extra bcse she had ruined her metabolism from severe low cals. Now that kind of repetitive menu i will never follow lol

Gym - im on halt now for 1- 2 weeks. I want to focus on dieting so i only eat max 1100-1200 without exercise bcse with exercise we need to add a little bit more cals to avoid the starvation issue. I think at 1400 ull do just fine :) or maybe ill go back to running once my body hit a plateau and use running to push it further. I havent decided :)

And sorry to know about the headache ashley. I dont have any today maybe bcse i push myself to eat 1200cals. its hard but i chew hard and swallow hard lol. The thought of starvation mode really freak the hhhhhhh outta me.

AshleyDBO said:
Wow, you sound so much more organised than me, haha. I’ve had a little headache all day that no amount of paracetamol will shake, so hopefully that’s a sign that it’s working- I’ve heard people list that as a symptom. I had a Lite n Easy meal for lunch and one for dinner, and that’s all I’ve eaten today. Wasn’t feeling particularly thirsty, though. And I bought some scales! Haha. So now I can weigh myself every couple of days.
I really wanna take my before picture but I’m terrified my bf will see it, ha. How embarrassing.

I have to be organised or Im shocking and will not eat all day, then snack way to much at night lol. i also have 2 young boys, one with mild autism and one with autism, anxiety and mild sensory issues, so if i can be organised and say yup this is on todays mealplan the ingregients are there for it all, it makes the day easier and helps stop me saying stuff it, lets just have an easy pasta bake or chips or something. Yay for getting scales! Haha. Hopefully todays a better day headache wise for you :( i found after I had something small to eat and a heap of water mine mostly went away. Do you use any apps to track your calories to make sure your getting enough? I use My Fitness Pal and its been great, im hoping once i get more of an idea of what i should be eating i wont need to use it anymore though. With the photos, can you make private folders on your phone? I have a samsung and you can make folders that can only be seen when the phone is switched to private mode through settings, and you need a password to do it. I think it will be great for us to have some form of photos for comparison after we lose the weight!