I have no idea, I didn’t even think about that. How much weight do you have to lose before you start getting loose skin??
I took the pill at like 11am today. I’m not sure if it’s because I took it late or just because I’ve gotten used to the medication or something, but I really noticed the appetite suppression today! Yay.
One week tomorrow! Let’s have a cake to celebrate! Just kidding :laughing:

Im glad its working! Do you think it will effect your sleep taking it at that time? Yaaaay for almost a week, but maaaaybe we'll skip the cake haha.
I just googled a bit, and alot of people saying losing the weight slow and steady gives you less risk of loose skin because it gives the skin time to regain its elasticity or something like that. But it seems theres alot if factors like age, how much weight and how quickly you lost it, if your a smoker, how quickly you put the weight on to start with....all way to confusing lol

Ah crap, one more thing to worry about!
Hopefully it doesn’t affect my sleep- we’ll see. I’ll keep you posted!

Sorry! Shouldnt have mentioned it. Hopefully it doesnt effect your sleep, good luck!

Reactions: missclaire
Woooo day 7! One week basically done and dusted. Weighed myself this morning and im down 4.7kg! Thats crazy, and more than the scales have moved for me in like 8 years when I had my youngest son haha. How are you guys going? Congratulations on making it to a week!

Reactions: Rava
Thanks , I spilt my self and made a pizza tonight.. cabbage base with only 6g of carbs .. was really good

Keira said:
Yesterday wasnt the best day for me, i dodnt sleep the best the night before and had a headache, i felt like i was hungry but i also didnt feel like eating which was weird. I did the same and stuck to my meal plan for the day. I had a few heart palpatations early in the morning and on amd off over the day and towards the end of the day i was a little dizzy. Today I've woken up fine so hopefully it was just a bad day. I use the app my fitness pal which says daily i should bre having 80gram protein, 46grams fat and 174grams carbs, but iv found im not hitting near the carbs goal most days, yesterday i only made it to half the carbs it says, but still hit my overall calorie goal. I should probably try to get a few more carbs so i dont stuff myself for when i stop the tablets. If the dizziness keeps up maube you should see a doctor, I was told that can be because of the duromime messing with your blood pressure. Hope it eases for you!

Wow keira! Ur reply above is exactly how i felt these past 2 days and its crazy how similar it was! I started to feel terribly dizzy for 2 days and i was feeling hungry at night which never was the case for me even while i was doing my regular intermittent fasting stopping eating at 5pm for 6 months. Maybe out metabolisme is revving up bcse we are eating at the correct BMR and not starving ourselves anymore? I dunno maybe.

And im even lower carber than u. I stick to below 40g for these past 7 days. Hey, we’ve reach 1 week mark! :) and yes i was so so dizzy i nearly had a blackout especially when i try to stand up so fast from sitting down. So since yesterday i upped my carbs eating more veges and nuts so the dizziness seems to wean off a bit. I think if i eat at least 60-80g carbs ill be ok but i dont want to retain water (i retain water so so easily eating carbs due to sluggish thyroid)

7 days i lost 2.7kg. Its slowing down a bit but 200g lost is still a loss and ill take it :)

4.7kg! Thats a lot! Yay! :) :)

Keira said:
Sorry! Shouldnt have mentioned it. Hopefully it doesnt effect your sleep, good luck!

I think ure right. Its my blood pressure. ill try to eat more carbs then. What type of carbs are u having? Wholeweat thing or just leafy vegetables? Or the starchy ones? Bcse i cant seem to reach at least 40g with veges lol and i think ive eaten a lot (i dont like veges anyway)

Bighorn said:
Thanks , I spilt my self and made a pizza tonight.. cabbage base with only 6g of carbs .. was really good
Sounds good! Iv tried zucchini for a base but not cabbage. I may have to try it!

They sell the caggabe one in woolies now , on 6g of carbs for half a pizza

Keira, that’s an amazing result!!! Congrats! That’s so great.
Sorry I’ve been quiet. I had a bit of a bad day yesterday. My scales kept saying a different number, but every number said I’d put on at least half a kg since the last time I weighed myself. I got a bit down. Then I ate pizza :/ But that’s ok, I’ll just keep going and hopefully the scales will be nicer to me in the future, ha.

missclaire said:
I think ure right. Its my blood pressure. ill try to eat more carbs then. What type of carbs are u having? Wholeweat thing or just leafy vegetables? Or the starchy ones? Bcse i cant seem to reach at least 40g with veges lol and i think ive eaten

Hi sorry for the late replies, been a crazy couple of days here. Bit down today becaude iv somehow put half a kg back on amd im not entirely sure how because it was such a crappy day yesterday I forgot to eat anything other than my breakfast smoothie! Ah well. All part of the learning journey right? 2.7kg down is great! How have you been feeling, any better?
For carbs i use a banana or blueberries in my smoothie. If i have bread i use whole grain, if im not having bread I try to have some oatmeal somewhere. And sweet potato instead of normal potato. If my app says i dont have enough for the day sometimes i add some type of beans into my salad aswell. As a snack I'll have an apple or an orange. I usually have to watch my sugar for the day with the fruit though, that adds up quicker than i realised lol. I think almonds and cashews are about 10 grams of carbs per 100gram of nuts.

AshleyDBO said:
Keira, that’s an amazing result!!! Congrats! That’s so great.
Sorry I’ve been quiet. I had a bit of a bad day yesterday. My scales kept saying a different number, but every number said I’d put on at least half a kg since the last time I weighed myself. I got a bit down. Then I ate pizza :/ But that’s ok, I’ll just keep going and hopefully the scales will be nicer to me in the future, ha.

Oh no Ashley, sorry you had a bad day! Thats me today, put on weight after a crappy day yesterday, but the thing is I pretty much forgot to eat with everything going on, And scales were still up this morning. It sucked. Back at it today, gonna make sure I hit my food goals! Haha. I really hope your feeling better. Glad your willing to keep on going. Thats all we can do hey? Its definitely been a learning curve so far. My Mum always used to say to me dont let one bad day ruin your whole journey, learn from it, pick up and keep going. Always annoyed me until now haha. Hope its a good day foe all of us!

Hey, sorry been quite too thes past few days. Im feeling better i even get the metallic keto breath on day 4 but im stalling now lol. Stuck at 3.7kg lost. And its been 15days now. Feeling a bit down. Dont know whats the mistake as ive been taking carb below 50g and mostly only from leafy green and no starchy food. I even watch my fat intake closely although we’re allowed to eat fats, i decided to really stick with clean fat like avo,nuts and lean meats but cooked in 1tbsp grassfed butter.

Thanks for the carb suggestion. Sounds great but i think im laying off fruits until 2nd or 3rd month as u say yourself fruits = sugar. But since uve been eating clean carb but now stalling, and ive been eating less than 50g a day im also stalling then i dont know what to eat now lol. Perhaps maybe 20h carbs per day? I dont think i can function that low i need to increase fattening food which im so traumatized of. Maybe ill try to stop eating nuts. But its only max 23pcs per treat which still is low in carb and cals in total. Im so confused now lol

Oh well, maybe we’ll see at the end of the month how far it goes. Im going to stop weighing myself now bcse i must admit it does feel kind of a bummer. Hope it goes well with u by now :)

Hi, Glad to hear from you! Im sorry to hear its not working aswell as ud like your feeling down about it, i really hope it picks up again for you! Well done for sticking it out and continuing to try different things. Iv decided not to weigh myself every day anymore aswell, i think its a good idea because I dont want to get obsessed or down when i have a day that it doesnt move. Once a week at most for me now. I lost 4.5kg in the first few days, then had a couple of shitty and stressful days were i ate horribly and put a kg and a half back on, then i seemed to stay at that weight for basically the whole week. Started again with a new diet plan that needs me to eat 1400calories a day, and although feels like a huge amount of food to me and i have to force myself to eat some of it iv started seeing the scaled move down again. It feels like its been ages but really only a couple of weeks, its crazy. I really hope if u stick at it it will start moving for you again to! I have read a few peoples post saying that some weeks they didnt lose any of much amd then the next week they did. Seems it can be a bit up amd down amd not always a constant. Guess we just have to find what works for us and keep trying when it doesnt. The biggest thing for me is i want to eat now how I will eat when i stop taking them, i dont wanna cut everything or not eat enough or i feel like it will have been pointless. I think 20g of carbs would probably be way to low wouldnt it? I just checked and the meal plan Iv started that seems to have the weight moving again has around 100g of carbs every day but it all comes from things fruit, veg and wholemeal. Theres very few to no refined carbs at all.
Even if your stuck at 3.7 loss for a little bit thats still insanely great progress for two weeks, and sounds like its not gone back up again either. Thats amazing and something to be proud of!

Keira said:
Hi, Glad to hear from you! Im sorry to hear its not working aswell as ud like your feeling down about it, i really hope it picks up again for you! Well done for sticking it out and continuing to try different things. Iv decided not to weigh myself every day anymore aswell, i think its a good idea because I dont want to get obsessed or down when i have a day that it doesnt move. Once a week at most for me now. I lost 4.5kg in the first few days, then had a couple of shitty and stressful days were i ate horribly and put a kg and a half back on, then i seemed to stay at that weight for basically the whole week. Started again with a new diet plan that needs me to eat 1400calories a day, and although feels like a huge amount of food to me and i have to force myself to eat some of it iv started seeing the scaled move down again. It feels like its been ages but really only a couple of weeks, its crazy. I really hope if u stick at it it will start moving for you again to! I have read a few peoples post saying that some weeks they didnt lose any of much amd then the next week they did. Seems it can be a bit up amd down amd not always a constant. Guess we just have to find what works for us and keep trying when it doesnt. The biggest thing for me is i want to eat now how I will eat when i stop taking them, i dont wanna cut everything or not eat enough or i feel like it will have been pointless. I think 20g of carbs would probably be way to low wouldnt it? I just checked and the meal plan Iv started that seems to have the weight moving again has around 100g of carbs every day but it all comes from things fruit, veg and wholemeal. Theres very few to no refined carbs at all.
Even if your stuck at 3.7 loss for a little bit thats still insanely great progress for two weeks, and sounds like its not gone back up again either. Thats amazing and something to be proud of!

Hi again kiera thanks for ur kind words. Maybe i too need to add more cals making it 1300-1400cals but like u said thats a lot and so hard to eat actually and i struggled at 1200cals lol.

Yeah 20-40g is pretty low isnt it. I think i may need to up it a bit. Maybe will start eating small cup of oatmeal. Im so so traumatized to eat even wholemeal i dont know why. Ive been avoiding bread and only do the 2 min microwaved low carb keto bread with coconut flour to bulk up my carb intake. Max will only reach 50. Im struggling lol.

I agree with u about not wanting to cut everything out bcse once we’re off it, we will find it difficult to cope. I wish i can make mysely eat more variety like u. I also been avoiding fruits! ill try again this week with 1400cals and see how whether or not the weight will shift

hi guys
you are all doing amazing work, keep it up!
always remember that Duromine goes where you want it to go..
in other words, it will take you anywhere you need to be in life.

all you have to do is show it the way.. x

hugs
Dre

Tomorrow morning I start my journey with 15mg Duromine. I'm hoping not to have to many of the listed side effects, and I'm hoping this forum has some good tips for me as I travel this road

Reactions: Rava
Hi lou lou... you will prob have a dry mouth just drink water and have gum or mints on hand...ive been on 40 mg 30 mg now 15mg i found the 15mg isnt as bad with the side affects... i started at 91 kgs now currenty 82.5 kg.. my goal wight is 70 kg.. still a long round but will get there... good luck and let us know how you go

Zelinda70 said:
Hi lou lou... you will prob have a dry mouth just drink water and have gum or mints on hand...ive been on 40 mg 30 mg now 15mg i found the 15mg isnt as bad with the side affects... i started at 91 kgs now currenty 82.5 kg.. my goal wight is 70 kg.. still a long round but will get there... good luck and let us know how you go
Thanks Zelinda, it will be great to journey with others headed in the same direction
Sometimes you don’t get a lot of help from your inner circle, so I’ve decided not to tell them in this occasion
Lots of firsts for me, first try of drug therapy, first time on a forum, heading for 70, and want to get the excess weight off and get stronger for this last chapter of my life
I plan on screeching into heaven yelling “man what a ride” none of this committing suiside by knife and fork and complacency I appreciate your post to me