I think the average dose is around 30mg, and a high dose is 40mg. You have done really well to lose 1.3 kg in under 1 week! Don't forget how extraordinary that achievement is! How often does anyone lose 1.3 kg in under a week by diet and exercise alone?

Everyone is different, and a loss is a loss! Keep up the good work :)

Thanks so much for the response. The only thing I do find is that I am still hungry . I was wondering whether I should try taking a double dose to see if that helps as I weighed myself this morning and I have now only lost 800 grams. I know your weight does change daily but its really disheartening. I don't really feel that the 15mg dose is doing much at all

mares13 said:
Thanks so much for the response. The only thing I do find is that I am still hungry . I was wondering whether I should try taking a double dose to see if that helps as I weighed myself this morning and I have now only lost 800 grams. I know your weight does change daily but its really disheartening. I don't really feel that the 15mg dose is doing much at all
Im sorry to hear that, Mares - that would be quite disheartening.

It sounds like perhaps 30mg might be needed, but I strongly suggest you see your doctor first before attempting to double the dose yourself. I hope you can get it sorted quickly!

I agree with Bam Bam - you shouldn't increase the dose on your own, besides, you can feel differently over time, one week is just the beginning. I suggest you to add more snacks between your main meals - apple, banana, nuts and drink more water. It helps to minimize hunger without adding too much calories. If you are afraid of consuming extra calories, try 'My fitness pal'. Helps a lot!
Btw, congrats on your successful loss, dear Mares! It is a result, 1.3 kg over a week is great! Little at a time is always better, than too much at first and after nothing. So, don't worry.

Keep up the good work! ;)

???? Why duromine

Your not that overweight? Sorry.

Reactions: Madaselle
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to loose thirty to forty kilos. Currently somewhere in the 110 region. Haven't started yet as to be honest, I'm not really sure what I'm doing. What do I eat? How much do I exercise? How on earth to I avoid gaining it back. ..? I don't think I could handle loosing it and gaining it again.
I'm really nervous.

I've always been a bad eater and exercise is essentially walking to the fridge for chocolate. Has anyone else done a long term, big number weight loss and maintained it? Can you give me some advice?

Good morning
I'm no expert but just eat healthy lovely. I'm trying to stay below 2000 calories a day and usually only end up eating 800 but I've just started duromine mine yesterday . But have found the last couple months I'd stick to that USUALLY.
I lost 40kgs but doing Dukan and kept it off but due to changing my ways unfortunately I had a knee op just over a year ago and gained 20 back only because I made wrong choice. Like you I love love love chocolate!! (Use to work at Cadburys years ago so I was in heaven lol)
As for exercise I jumped on the treadmill yesterday for half and hour and walk the shops every morning to get my coffee I was a gym addict before my knee op so stopping it would have also added to my weight gain.
I worked so hard to get the weight off and got lazy once I was there so hopefully I've learnt something ending up on Duromine.... I seriously could not stomach doing Dukan again it's a fantastic diet but I think I've had my protein overload for a couple years lol.
You'll do fine!! Don't stress too much everyone loses weight at different rates just stay positive and drink lots of water and as tempting as chocolate is use your will power .
Xxxxxxx

Hey all

I'm AB. So I havn't started my Duromine journey yet, I start tomorrow after a nice relaxing weekend away for my anniversary with my partner. I figured I would join up to this to get in touch with some people on the same path... Some support maybe.

I'm 101kgs 160 cm and actually hating. I haven't told my family about what I am going to do yet because I am worried about what they will think. After years of going to a dietician and pushing myself to go to the gym, I was always told that I should just accept things for the way they are.

My Dr gave me Duromine and told me that I didn't have to go it if I didn't want to or if I changed my mind. But after the weekend away with my boyfriend and the adventures that we tried to go on (exploring caves, I'm sure it would be more fun if I was more fit) I decided that I needed to make this change. I am a regular at my gym, and at home the only control I have over my food is my portions. I feel like I am stuck and have tried everything, I NEED TO FIX THIS.

So, because I'm nervous, I want to know how people are going with their Duromine or if anyone has any tips for me?

Xx

Welcome.
I'm the same height, but a couple of kilos heavier.. 3 weeks in and down 2.6kgs. First week I had dry mouth and a bit extra buzz but that's about all. Mostly I have just found its taken the edge of wanting bad food. It's hard to explain, but others have found the same. It's like it's stopped the craving for something bad when I'm hungry, and that need for food RIGHT NOW..I had trouble getting to sleep the first few night but I think I was more anxious than anything.. Sleeping fine now.

Mumo3girls said:
Welcome.
I'm the same height, but a couple of kilos heavier.. 3 weeks in and down 2.6kgs. First week I had dry mouth and a bit extra buzz but that's about all. Mostly I have just found its taken the edge of wanting bad food. It's hard to explain, but others have found the same. It's like it's stopped the craving for something bad when I'm hungry, and that need for food RIGHT NOW..I had trouble getting to sleep the first few night but I think I was more anxious than anything.. Sleeping fine now.

Yes I have been reading that everyone has different side effects and reacts differently. I took my first one at 5am (about an hour ago) and I havnt noticed a change. I don't feel like I'm buzzing or anything, I just feel normal.

Reactions: Mumo3girls
A.BsWeightlossJourney said:
Yes I have been reading that everyone has different side effects and reacts differently. I took my first one at 5am (about an hour ago) and I havnt noticed a change. I don't feel like I'm buzzing or anything, I just feel normal.
Good luck!

I totally know how you feel. I was so nervous and didn't want to tell my friends/family but I decided to just in case I had some severe side affects which thankfully I haven't. I'm on 15 mg every second day and I definitely notice the difference between on days and off days energy wise. I am still hungry and the first night I didn't sleep very well but that has passed. Good luck with your journey x

Hi AB!

I started at 102.8 7 weeks ago and weighted in at 93.9 on Monday.
I didn't tell my family either - mainly because they had heard it all before and more often than not rolled their eyes when I talked about "going back on a diet" etc. Personally, I think its not really any of their business how I make this change.
As I've lost weight, I've told them that i'm working with a personal trainer, a dietitian and my doctor. but that's about it.

Last edited:
Madaselle said:
Hi AB!

I started at 102.8 7 weeks ago and weighted in at 93.9 on Monday.
I didn't tell my family either (beyond my husband) - mainly because they had heard it all before and more often than not rolled their eyes when I talked about "going back on a diet" etc. Personally, I think its not really any of their business how I make this change.
As I've lost weight, I've told them that i'm working with a personal trainer, a dietitian and my doctor. but that's about it.

Im glad I'm not the only one that hasn't told their family. My partner knows but thats about as far as it goes and he is so wonderful about it all.

Reactions: Kc0212
I don't like the idea of people assuming i'm "cheating" by taking Duro.
Yes - it's helping, but i'm also eating a healthy diet with intensive calorie counting and spending an hour in the gym pushing my body to the limit.

Madaselle said:
I don't like the idea of people assuming i'm "cheating" by taking Duro.
Yes - it's helping, but i'm also eating a healthy diet with intensive calorie counting and spending an hour in the gym pushing my body to the limit.
Agreed.. I want people's support, not negative comments Thankyou very much..
I've only told a few understanding close friends, and hubby

I'm sick of people telling me it's like taking p and that's it's addictive, bad etc. My body, my decision.

Reactions: Vix and Kate
Hey everyone!

Thought I'd sign up so I have somewhere to track my progress and read other stories and tips from people.

Prescribed 30mg duromine by my doctor after telling him I need a jumpstarter for weight loss.

32 year old female residing in Brisbane.
Office worker with back issues due to a motorcycle accident late last year.
5ft4 (164cms)
SW:96kg
GW:70kgs

First day was interesting. I was full of energy and ate half a chicken burger with salad then 1/4 of a cheesy kababa sausage for dinner (don't judge me lol).
One of my biggest mistakes yesterday I think was not keeping dehydrated as I went to bed with a stinker of a headache and woke up with it. Dehydration or the fact my neck is out.

When the pharmacist filled my script, he told me that there have been studies done on duromine and there's a higher success rate if you take it once every two days. He stated reports show less side effects but higher weight loss figures. Has anyone else heard of this?

Welcome :)
I've never heard of that but some people do do it, Maybe there's some truth to it ? Would certainly make duromine last twice as long
Ohhh cheesy kababa sausage sounds bloody YUM!!
Yeah drink lots of water lovely, in saying that I don't I drink a ton of coffee!!
Headaches etc usually pass in about 4-5 days
How did you sleep??

Good luck and hope day 2 treats you well xxx

Vix said:
Welcome :)
I've never heard of that but some people do do it, Maybe there's some truth to it ? Would certainly make duromine last twice as long
Ohhh cheesy kababa sausage sounds bloody YUM!!
Yeah drink lots of water lovely, in saying that I don't I drink a ton of coffee!!
Headaches etc usually pass in about 4-5 days
How did you sleep??

Good luck and hope day 2 treats you well xxx
Thanks for your kind words Vixen.
I usually drink atleast 2-3 700ml bottles of water a day but yesterday I failed myself lol. Making a mental note to keep my water bottle with me at all times today.

As for sleep. I was tired from about 10 so went and laid down and scrolled aimlessly through facebook. I last recall the clock saying midnight. Woke up at 5.30 then fell back asleep at 6.30 and up at 8. I was very restless throughout the night.

Reactions: Mumo3girls and Vix