I would suggest - lots of water (obvious I know, but get used to always having a bottle with you to sip throughout the day). Exercise - I vary between 40-1:30hr a day (and I started at 120kg). Make the time, get up at 5am, and get it done. You'll get amazing results working with the pill, rather than sitting around waiting for it to do something. See a nutritionist - for me getting advice from a professional has completely change my view of food. Let me know if you have any questions, and best of luck :)

Hi, my name is tee and I'm from South Africa. I'm turning 22 in 4 day. I'm really tall, like 200cm tall. My starting weight was 92kg, my goal is 75. Today is my 4th day on the D. First day I was feeling good, with lots of energy but I didn't eat that much. Day 2 I was very tired and I slept 3hrs of disturbed sleep, sad, I know. Yesterday was day 3 and I felt like death. I was so weak and sweeting the whole day, I was nauseous, especially after drinking water. I wanted to stop taking the D, but at least I slept well last night. What could have caused such bad effects? I also experienced dizzy spells and heat flashes, I take forever to eat because food disgust me now. My mom said I was feeling so sick because I changed my diet so drastically and my body is in shock. Haven't been exercising because I was weak. Please help a sister up.

The first few days on Duromine can be hard for some people. Your Mom is also right - they usually are;). Your body need time to get used to the Duromine and then the side effects will get better.
You HAVE to eat - if you don't the side effects could get worse. Find something healthy that does not make you sick. Maybe light snack like tuna, cottage cheese, fruits, crackers, salads or a smoothie? If you really can not eat try having a GOOD breakfast and then taking the Duromine. Some oats, whole grain toast with cheese, eggs and a fruit.
Try to give it a week or 2 and I am sure it will get a lot better.
Just give yourself time to get used to it.

Reactions: Agobakwe
Thanks for replying. I'll try my best to eat all the healthy food. I think I'm eating less calories than I should. I'll try eating oats and cheese since I cancelled them from my diet, I also cancelled rice and potatoes.

I'll keep you updated. Today I feel much better but no energy.

The shock that you mum says makes a lot of sense. Whenever I start something new like a diet and I shock my system I normally get sick by the second week and have to go back to my normal ways. I hope this gets better for you. Also try having more Protein! I find that's where I get a lot of my energy from. I will usually simply cook some chicken or beef that's been diced and seasoned.... and I mean HEAVY seasoning. It gives it the best flavor and you then don't need sauce so you eliminate more foods. Just make sure that you check the seasonings labels and make sure Sugar isn't the first or even second ingredient. - Good Luck

Good advice. Protein certainly helps to give you an energy boost and keeps you fuller a lot longer.
It is a good habit to get into reading labels. You will be shocked to see what all goes into seasoning and sauces. Try lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic or red wine vinegar with lots of fresh herbs. Meat is expensive and if you do not want to eat that much of it add some veg or a salad.
JessV said:
The shock that you mum says makes a lot of sense. Whenever I start something new like a diet and I shock my system I normally get sick by the second week and have to go back to my normal ways. I hope this gets better for you. Also try having more Protein! I find that's where I get a lot of my energy from. I will usually simply cook some chicken or beef that's been diced and seasoned.... and I mean HEAVY seasoning. It gives it the best flavor and you then don't need sauce so you eliminate more foods. Just make sure that you check the seasonings labels and make sure Sugar isn't the first or even second ingredient. - Good Luck

Hi all

Im 28 and just started 30 mg duromine every second day as per drs instructions. Im currently 135kgs and my goal is to get under 100. Symptoms wise i am wide awake at 3am but managed a 2 hour nap at about 4pm.... had a dry mouth and slight headache thats it. Im now going to continue stalking the many different posts.o_O
Cheers
Elyse from Melbourne

Last edited:
Good luck on the exciting new journey you're beginning :)
Don't worry about the insomnia :eek: I was exactly the same my first night as wello_O but it does get better. Everyone is different and their experiences, reactions and side effects will vary, but for 'most' people the side effects lessen with time! :laughing:

I look forward to following your success!!
Xx

Good luck, Elyse!

Be patient and believe in yourself, weight loss requires time. But Duromine should help you to make this process faster.

Hey Everyone,

Doctor prescribed Duromine 30mgr for me last Thursday,

Been experiencing insomnia for first two evening, extreme dry mouth {which encourages me to drink more water}, calmness over me that I normally don't have and have more energy.

I'm just a bit worried that I'm doing something wrong...Took my first tablet on Friday morning and weighed myself {88kg on the dot} and have been avoiding all bad foods and fizzy drinks,etc. and been doing crossfit twice for an hour in the last 5 days. This morning when I weighed again, I lost 1kg...sort of disappointed, thought it would be a bit more actually. maybe I must be more patient with my body.

Since on Duromine, I would eat either a small yoghurt or small bowl of all bran flakes cereal. lunch would be watermelon/banana and some nuts and then dinner is what we usually have, like last night we had chips and chicken and I only had chicken {trying to avoid carbs}.
And I drink about 2-3litres of water a day.

SW 88kg
CW 87kg {Day 6}

Good luck on your journey! I'm in Adelaide, 38, current weight 93kgs, 5.3", looking to get to 70kgs.
I'm also new to this. I'm on 30mg. First day today - already I feel like my mouth is dry...perhaps its my mind playing games as I have read the side effects!
Look forward to seeing your progress! :)

Hi there, I am just beginning my duromine experience. Day 2 here. I weigh 98 kg and am 176cm tall. I have put on 26 kilos in just over two years due to another medication and trauma. I am 38. Due to the rapid kg increase I have begun to suffer significant & crappy health issues which is why I have been prescribed duromine. I have to stick with this for three months my gp thinks, that seems like ages with the side affects that have hit me. I suppose I'm looking for support if I may ☺️.

I am sweating soooo much, it's crazy! Is that normal? I'm talking dripping down back without much activity. Also I have been so nauseous that I couldn't eat yesterday and had to force myself to eat a tuna wrap before I took my 30mg this morning. I also feel totally spaced out, to the point where I was not comfortable driving today- 'smashed' if you will. I am drinking enough water. Does this all settle down soon? I am hoping someone can provide some advice or tips about the first couple of weeks to help me get through. I know I have to force myself to eat, but yesterday/today nausea is making it difficult. I'm also not used to feeling so 'out of it', & am a little worried. Cheers & thank you in advance.

Hi Spi, I have been taking 30mg for 8 weeks and my GP just increased me to the 40mg however I know the exact feeling you're talking about, the first 3-4 days for me I felt agitated, nauseous and completely hyped up and spacey!
Keep trying to eat small meals, this made me feel better, even just a piece of fruit and I drank a lot of water to help with the waves that came with Duromine, after those first few days my body adjusted, if youre concerned you shouldn't feel like this I would consult with your GP! Good luck

G'day! I'm a newbie also. Started taking 30mg on Wednesday last week. I was unsure of what to eat and how much as well, so I downloaded a calorie counting app. Because after some mad googling, I've read on many sites that your body will go into starvation mode and pack the kilos on, even if you are eating very healthy. Also down the track after you're off duromine, your body may pack the kilos back on and then some! The lowest (calorie wise) you should go is 1200 calories per day. I started on 1200 but have now changed to 1500 to be safe. I don't want the weight piling back on me after I'm finished on duromine! I've lost 2.8kg in just under a week doing this. I have a long way to go as my start weight was a whopping 116.6! I wish you all the best on your journey x

Reactions: JMA767 and jozigirl
Hi Ters,
How are you going now? I can't comment on you losing 1 kg as I don't know how much you have to lose but I do know that everyone loses weight differently and besides the obvious of it depending what food choices they make, the more someone needs to lose the faster they will lose those initial kilos than someone who doesn't have much to lose.

I kept reading comments about starvation mode and muscle weight and it got me so confused. Anyway I found this amazing article that explained it all in real 'in ya face stop making excuses' language.

If you have a spare 10 minutes its worth the read - aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode

But if you dont have time it essentially explains that "starvation' mode will NOT put on weight. Over a longer period of time it WILL slow down your metabolism which will effect how your body processes food and yes if you eat more (which is possible once you stop taking Duromine) then yes you probably would put on weight but thats just common sense.

It talks about if you are obese and you cut down of food quantities and crap food then you WILL lose weight!! It talks about how we think we are eating less but forget the random calories we consume without thinking and being honest with ourselves (a bite of this and a spoonful of that) and the things we think are ok but aren't.

It's a long read and I think if some one I knew said those kind of tackless things to me I would take offense and get my back up and probably get angry. But I really loved the honesty of the article and someone saying 'its not starvation mode or exercise or duromine not working its actually what I'm eating and/or drinking!!!" .... because THAT I can control and be responsible for!!!!

I agree with chookybee that getting an app that counts calories will become your best friend :)

Can't wait to hear how your past 2 weeks have gone and I'm wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey to a healthier you xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am a newbie to and just started Duromine 30mg on Tuesday aswell. I'm not having all these crazy side effects like everybody else. If I don't drink enough water I can get a little bit of headache. I wish it was giving me the energy like every else seems to get from it.

jane_o said:
Hi,

I am a newbie to and just started Duromine 30mg on Tuesday aswell. I'm not having all these crazy side effects like everybody else. If I don't drink enough water I can get a little bit of headache. I wish it was giving me the energy like every else seems to get from it.
Don't worry, the effect will come later most likely. I also had zero energy at the beginning, the most important thing is that you have no side effects and suppressed appetite.

Hey guys I thought id introduce myself my names mel im 24 yrs old, I have 2 small children under 4. I started this weightloss journey 12 months ago, my starting weight was 99 kgs I got down to 94 just by eating right and doing the 5:2 diet but I platooed really badly and ended up gaining 3kgs.
Which sucked, added the gym in and got down to 90 only just to get back up to 96 kgs. It was this point in time the doc suggested duromine, got put on 40mgs and dropped down 88.5 after the first month so lost 8.5kgs the first script, took a month break and got back up to 90.2 friday just gone. Im on day 2 technically day 3 seeing as its quarter to 4 in the morning.
my only side effects im not liking aratm is constantly needing to pee (timing) and not being able to fall asleep at night other then that im alright.
My ultimate goal is to get to 60kgs but my first small goal is to get below 80kgs. Starting at the gym again tomorrow after not going for 2 months.
Will keep everyone updated would love to hear ir success stories
Oh almost forgot im only 157cms tall so look really overweight

These are my stats
Height 157cms
Start weight 99kgs
Current weight 90.2kgs
Mini Goal 80ks
Second mini goal 70 kgs
Goal weight 65kgs
Ultimate Goal weight 60 kgs

Hi everyone, my name is Mayara or please call me May

Just want to lose some weight and have questions on how to use Duromine