yeah when I started my sleep was bad, had hot flushes and woke up often but again after about 4-5 days that settled and now I can sleep for 8-9 easily. So you may have another few days of that yet hopefully before it leaves.
God your sooooo good with water!! It's never been ever been my fav thing to do, was always Pepsi max lol now it's coffee.
Keep up the good work and yep carry your bottle with you
Xxx

Welcome.
No judging here thankfully. We have a great support network.
Yep lots of water..
I've been thinking when I'm nearing the end of my prescription I may go to taking my tabs every second day to stretch it out longer and to slowly wean off. But we will see when that's closer.
5 weeks in, 3.2kg loss. 8 weeks to go, hoping for another 10kgs.

Reactions: MissJD
MissJD said:
Hey everyone!

Thought I'd sign up so I have somewhere to track my progress and read other stories and tips from people.

Prescribed 30mg duromine by my doctor after telling him I need a jumpstarter for weight loss.

32 year old female residing in Brisbane.
Office worker with back issues due to a motorcycle accident late last year.
5ft4 (164cms)
SW:96kg
GW:70kgs

First day was interesting. I was full of energy and ate half a chicken burger with salad then 1/4 of a cheesy kababa sausage for dinner (don't judge me lol).
One of my biggest mistakes yesterday I think was not keeping dehydrated as I went to bed with a stinker of a headache and woke up with it. Dehydration or the fact my neck is out.

When the pharmacist filled my script, he told me that there have been studies done on duromine and there's a higher success rate if you take it once every two days. He stated reports show less side effects but higher weight loss figures. Has anyone else heard of this?
Hiya MissJD.. I remember being 32 :) have a few years up on you now.. but also a brisbane girl.. southside.. have had a few weeks off duromine. Only lost 3.5kg qith 2 scripts so disheartened.. but - as Mumo3girls has said.. its great support on bere and I am about to click into a third script. Will weigh in tomorrow morning.. expect to be 76 - 77 ish..
So... 153cm short
SW.. 78.5
Cw: tba but 76 - 77 ish
GW: 58
OMG GW: 52 - 54

I resemble the yellow M&M.. :confused:
But I would prefer to get back to being more of a slim 3 minute time glass (an hour glass is still too wide).. :laughing:

Will restart a blog tomorrow once i weigh in and reboot..
:oops:
Hi Vix and Mumo3girls
:rolleyes:

Hi lovely yellow M&M lol, my god you crack me up D
Xx

Deanna78 said:
Hiya MissJD.. I remember being 32 :) have a few years up on you now.. but also a brisbane girl.. southside.. have had a few weeks off duromine. Only lost 3.5kg qith 2 scripts so disheartened.. but - as Mumo3girls has said.. its great support on bere and I am about to click into a third script. Will weigh in tomorrow morning.. expect to be 76 - 77 ish..
So... 153cm short
SW.. 78.5
Cw: tba but 76 - 77 ish
GW: 58
OMG GW: 52 - 54

I resemble the yellow M&M.. :confused:
But I would prefer to get back to being more of a slim 3 minute time glass (an hour glass is still too wide).. :laughing:

Will restart a blog tomorrow once i weigh in and reboot..
:oops:
Hi Vix and Mumo3girls
:rolleyes:

Yellow m&m? Hehe..

Reactions: MissJD
Hey everyone. This first week has been shit. That's the nicest way to put it lol. From emotional High's and lows, to not being able to sleep lol, to taking myself to ER last night and being told I have a kidney infection! Not sure I can keep going with the duromine tbh. I've only been doing every second day. Hate to see how I'd feel if it were every day. Just not sure it's for me :(

MissJD said:
Hey everyone. This first week has been shit. That's the nicest way to put it lol. From emotional High's and lows, to not being able to sleep lol, to taking myself to ER last night and being told I have a kidney infection! Not sure I can keep going with the duromine tbh. I've only been doing every second day. Hate to see how I'd feel if it were every day. Just not sure it's for me :(
Doesn't sound good at all Hun..
Only you will know if it's worth sticking it out or not.. No judgement here, everyone has different side effects

The kidney infection may be totally unrelated to the Duromine. Mood swings are common though but it should improve. It takes around 2 weeks for your body to get used to the Duromine and side effects during that time is the worse. I also suffered terrible mood swings the first week.

As far as taking a capsule only every second day I am not sure. I know a lot of people skip a day or two over weekends to indulge a bit;)

If your body is not used to the Duromine I do not think it will work optimal and you may keep on suffering side effects. But that is just my opinion, follow the directions as prescribed.

How you going now MissJD?
Hope things are a little better xx

Hey guys,

I'm on day 2 of Duro for the first time. Trying not to weigh myself at this point to avoid disappointment/unrealistic expectations.

Anyway, I'm a 26 yr old female and I have a 1.5 year old daughter. I want to be healthy for her, and I'm getting married in 7 months. I've had a weight issue for nearly 10 years - it all started back in late '07 when I put on 20kgs in 6 months from Implanon. My Dr has watched this all unfold over the years (he didn't recommend or insert the Implanon), and was over the moon when I asked about Duro.

So far no real side effects, just a good amount of energy and a bit of thirst. I have been dieting on Optislim Platinum on and off and exercising for the last month in preparation for Duro and have already lost 2 kgs without it, so I have high hopes.

My SW 4 weeks ago was 97kgs.
Duro 30mg SW was 95kgs.

I've been lurking on the forum for the last month and a bit, and I'm looking forward to following everyone's stories and sharing experiences :)

Reactions: Teex
gmac said:
Hey guys,

I'm on day 2 of Duro for the first time. Trying not to weigh myself at this point to avoid disappointment/unrealistic expectations.

Anyway, I'm a 26 yr old female and I have a 1.5 year old daughter. I want to be healthy for her, and I'm getting married in 7 months. I've had a weight issue for nearly 10 years - it all started back in late '07 when I put on 20kgs in 6 months from Implanon. My Dr has watched this all unfold over the years (he didn't recommend or insert the Implanon), and was over the moon when I asked about Duro.

So far no real side effects, just a good amount of energy and a bit of thirst. I have been dieting on Optislim Platinum on and off and exercising for the last month in preparation for Duro and have already lost 2 kgs without it, so I have high hopes.

My SW 4 weeks ago was 97kgs.
Duro 30mg SW was 95kgs.

I've been lurking on the forum for the last month and a bit, and I'm looking forward to following everyone's stories and sharing experiences :)
Awesome! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Good luck!

Welcome. Im new from brissie too. Im on day 16 and lost about 3kg. Im on the 30g but it hasnt given me any increased energy or supressed my appetite so thinking of going to 40g. I am very careful of what im eating but im hungry lol. My daughter lives o/s and i recently saw her and couldnt believe how much she had changed. She is short and petite usually but has put on lots of weight and its because of the contraceptive in her arm. I just wanted to cry shes only 21 and never had a weight issue. I can understand your struggles from that. All the very best now on the duromine yay. Keep those results coming x

Hey another newbie joining in :)
I'm 27 and have just started today on 15mg Duro. So far I'm feeling fine (it's only been like 8 hours haha). But I am already wondering if the 15mg will be enough given what others are on?

I have two kids (5 year old and 2 year old) and just convinced the two year old to stop breastfeeding so now I can get help to shift this weight.

I weighed about 70kg before my first pregnancy and by the end I weighed 125kg because my thyroid went caput. I managed to get back down into the low 80's but that slowly crept up and then I fell pregnant again weighing 92kg and now 2 years on I'm stuck fluctuating between 90-100kg, and currently today I am 98kg.. so I could really easily lose a good 30 kilos and still be at the top end of the healthy weight range for my height (166cm).
I exercise regularly (5 times a week) and have put in a good solid effort trying to shift this weight so this is my last resort and I'm really hoping it helps.
I eat mostly healthy but given the weight hasn't budged in so long I also let myself eat a bit of crap every now and then haha :)

Good luck to everyone currently trying to lose weight!

Hi Gcmumma,
Glad to hear your first day is going well!
I am on day 1 also!
Need to lose at least 15 kg and would like it to be closer to 20kg.
Today I did a cardio session before work and so far I've had a bit of a dry mouth and a slight headache.
I took my tablet at 4am when my man left for work, so hopefully I'll sleep tonight.

Good luck xx

Sarah92kg30yo said:
Hi Gcmumma,
Glad to hear your first day is going well!
I am on day 1 also!
Need to lose at least 15 kg and would like it to be closer to 20kg.
Today I did a cardio session before work and so far I've had a bit of a dry mouth and a slight headache.
I took my tablet at 4am when my man left for work, so hopefully I'll sleep tonight.

Good luck xx

Good luck to you too! Hope we both get the results we want out of this ☺️

hello,

I am day 2 of Duromine 30mg.
My Dr told me to take it at 5am to stop insomnia, however I've been taking it at 4 am as that's what time my man gets up for work and last night I slept from 10pm until 12 am when I woke up extremely hot and sweaty & it was not a hot night at all. After that I could not get back to sleep. So laid in bed until 7am tossing and turning. I took today's tablet at 4am again.

Yesterday being my first day, I felt more alert and energetic, did 20 mins on the stair master (I am building up to 45 mins on it), went to work, developed a slight headache around 11 am so took panadol, felt good for the afternoon, headache started to return around 3. By 4 my head was pounding and I had NO ENERGY at all. I took more panadol and left work at 5. By 5.30 I was good again.
Came home, cooked dinner, cleaned the house, did washing etc - which I rarely do on workdays as cooking is hard enough.
By 8.30pm I felt so tired so went to bed at the same time as my man and fell asleep between 9.30 & 10 pm.

Today is day two and I feel a bit out of it. Probably due to lack of sleep - I usually need 7-8hours each night.
I start work late today so just laying in bed trying to rest as much as possible.

Would love to hear from other with their experiences etc
Especially in the Newcastle/ Hunter Valley area.

Oh my stats are
Height - 166cm
SW - 93.4 ( going off Dr scales day before I started Duromine, which I will go back fortnightly for accurate weight loss)
Day1- 92.25 (after taking first pill, on my scales)
CW - 91.40 as of this morning.

I'm also having PT sessions and she is tracking my measurements!!!

Hi.

I started on Monday so today is day 2.
I have had no bad side effects, just really thirsty and I hardly slept last night.
Anybody else struggling with sleeplessness and did it get better after a week or so?
Today I had a bit of a headache but I'm under the weather so it could be that and the lack of sleep.

SW 102.5
Goal1: below 100
Goal2: 95
Goal3: 90
Goal4: 85
Goal5:80.
Goal Weight: between 75 and 78

Looong way to go. Fingers crossed!!!

Lin30 said:
Hi.

I started on Monday so today is day 2.
I have had no bad side effects, just really thirsty and I hardly slept last night.
Anybody else struggling with sleeplessness and did it get better after a week or so?
Today I had a bit of a headache but I'm under the weather so it could be that and the lack of sleep.

SW 102.5
Goal1: below 100
Goal2: 95
Goal3: 90
Goal4: 85
Goal5:80.
Goal Weight: between 75 and 78

Looong way to go. Fingers crossed!!!

Hi! Fingers crossed everything goes well for you! I found my thirst subsided quite quickly. I haven't had the best sleep the last two weeks and I wake early. I'm about two weeks in now, I am finding it works well for me. Good luck :)