Hey Danica, sorry to hear about the heart palpitations! All I can recommend is to just try to relax and drink some water and maybe have something to eat. I have anxiety and get heart palpitations if i have an attack and I would find some nice music on youtube and calm down. Don't know if that would work because its from my brain not a pill though haha.
I'm glad you said that in your other post aboit binging being the same as starving because that is definatley true :) I hope you're eating, don't make me worry about you!
My second day was really good, as good if not better than my first. Its odd because when not on D I have trouble falling asleep and then cant get up in the morning, but not I fall asleep so quickly and wake up with energy and feeling happy, so not me!
Every thing else going really well too I think :)
Where are you coz its like 9.30am where I am!
Hope you feel better x

Hi KloBlo, nice to hear from you!
I have read like ha billion forums (haha) and what I've gathered if the pills side effects are worsened if you dont eat/drink lots of water, so even if you dont feel like it try to eat a little every meal!
I hope your hear beating and sleeping get closer to normal, so you have a catch up with your gp soon?
Congrats on your 30th (soon)!

Hey Bridget,,
Thinking of food makes me feel ill lol but I got some powdered shake stuff to get at least something into me as I'm not used to not feeling hungry all the time. Food was my best friend. Have a drs app tomorrow morning and will talk to him about all my side effects. Have a dry mouth 24/7,,drink water like a fish lol so where are you both from. I'm in South Australia and its freezing

I'm from south aus too! So cold right?
Glad you're seeing your gp, probably fine but nice to know for sure. I have dry mouth too, I am running to the bathroom like every hour with all this water.
Food was like my abusive best friend hahaha. I dont feel turned off by food at all on D but never hungry like before, and when I do eat I have had to slow down because if I eat even close to what I would have before I get really bad heart burn and feel like throwing up it makes me feel so sick! Definitely not a bad thing as its teaching me to listen to my body :)

Hi friends,

I am in South Africa.

Very happy to hear about your good progress Bridget, hope you are staying away from the scale lol... thanx for the advice I will try to relax and have some water. I've been trying to eat small meals but I don't have much motivation as the extreme hunger pangs have subsided. And when I come back from the gym I don't feel like eating at all just feel like I will undo all my hard work. This weight loss business is really hard. But I am trying to will myself into eating, remembering our previous conversation.

Welcome back KloBlo, sorry to hear about your symptoms. Good to know you'll be seeing your gp soon just to make sure everything is fine.
Hope you will find a solution for the sleepless nights and palpitations. I'm hoping I can find a way to keep mine in check too because as we speak I can feel my heartbeat is not regular. I decided not to take the D today, hope I won't be a zombie today hahaha! Coz it gave me energy. Do try to exercise it doesn't have to abything major start with a 30 minute walk increasing your pace as you build up your stamina, might probably even help you sleep and with the palpitations (maybe). Wish you all the best.

Howdy :) I've got my treadmill staring at me every mornin when I wake up lol and now have just found out we got approved for a house interstate 6 hrs away so Im super excited and even more motivated to lose the weight for summer time in a warmer climate. I hope ur side effects are subsiding soon as I know how annoying they can be. Still not feeling too hungry today and haven't done much either

Wow! Great news! Congratulations! That should really motivate you to work harder on reacching your goal weight. I am having breakfast now, really not that hungry but I'm tired and I know I need to eat and I will be sorted.

Hi everyone!
Today has not been a very good day. Everything is fine except my heartburn, which has continued for too long now to just be heartburn. I am going to take a day off D tomorrow and give my heart a rest. I'm thinking I might only take it every two days from now on, what do you think about this?
I just felt like the heart burn kind of built up from the occasional, eat too fast, heartburn to full on continuous chest pain. High blood pressure does run in my family, even though mine is perfect, and I had a heart scan before being prescribed, I don't want to do any damage.
I hope you guys are feeling good! Hopefully you've been good with your eating Danica! And I hope you're feeling better KloBlo, and sleeping well :)
Will update in a few days, would love to hear from you.

Hey Bridget, I'm really sorry to hear about the heartburn sounds terrible. I hope you get the help you need. I also think I'm gonna take ocassional breaks from D because of the heart palpitations. I had a rough day at work today and it made me want food so badly, I wanted junk food and not having access to it made me so miserable. I had two eggs and two bacon slices and a small portion of baked beans for dinner but I feel terrible about it. Today I actually felt like D wasn't doing what it's supposed to, I was extremely tired for hours after taking it and my appetite was back in full swing...Overall, it wasn't a good day, hope tomorrow will be better.

Hey guys,

It's been a while since we had a chat. Bridget hou will be proud to know that I'm finally eating, have cut out the white starches out of my diet and have been doing well so far. However:(, I've only lost 500g in a week which is kinda disappointing but I do look better so I'm wondering if I've gained muscle coz I've been working really hard at the gym. I really hope that's the case. I'm really exhausted this morning and I have a dull ache on my heart. Been having it for a few days now it's just a tiny bit worrisome.

Otherwise how have you guys been doing? KloBlo how did it go with the doctor? I hope you guys came jp with a solution to get your symptoms to subdide.

Hope to hear from you soon guys, I'm a lil down need a pick me up and I don't wanna turn to food for comfort. Hala when you have the chance;).

Hey hey
Food is all I can think about lol. The side effects seemed to have vanished and I feel like my normal self. :) Moving house in the next week so things are looking up. Hope you guys are all good

KloBlo said:
Hey hey
Food is all I can think about lol. The side effects seemed to have vanished and I feel like my normal self. :) Moving house in the next week so things are looking up. Hope you guys are all good

Must be really excited about moving, sounds great congrats again. I'm just plain hungry right now and I've noticed just now as I'm counting calories that my caloric intake, though I'm eating healthy, is increasing everyday. Not a good sign and probably why I didn't lose much weight this week....

hi everyone!

I just got my script filled (30mg)
I have just under 50kg to lose to be within "normal range"
I've been trying hard to do it on my own since my last baby was born 7 months ago (1200cal diet + very light exercise) but it's just not working, so I went to my doctor who prescribed the duromine... But since reading about side effects I'm so nervous!

Hi MTTS

Welcome, I too was a bit freaked out by reading others side effects. I'm on 15mg and only have a dry mouth now and than and I've been on it four weeks. I guess you won't know how your body reacts until you try them. Not everyone has bad side effects, hope your one of the lucky ones. When you do decide to take the plunge, take the pill early in the morning so it doesn't affect your sleep. Also make sure you drink plenty of water, keep up your calorie counting but from my experience low carb is the way to go. GOODLUCK!

Just curious if your doctor checked your thyroid? You would think eating 1200 calories would cause you to lose weight. My doctor checked mine prior to starting duromine.

Reactions: Crazyme
MTTS do not worry too much about side effects. You are under proper medical care while taking it so can always go back to your doctor if you are unsure. Most people have very mild side effects, most common dry mouth and feeling a bit jittery or even "high"the first few days.
Unfortunately a lot of the posts are about the bad side effects because people need advise and want to know if it is normal. That does not mean you would experience any of that.
Good luck and let us know how it is working for you and what your side effects are?

Thank you both!

I had my thyroid checked before my last pregnancy (Bub is 7 months old now) and all was fine :)

Just took my first duro! Ekk!! :laughing:

Reactions: Booty
Danica said:
Hi Bridget,

I'm happy to hear from you. I would love to offer my support and yours is most welcome. What strength are you on, the 15, 30 or 40mg? I am on the 15mg and I've lost 300g today which puts me at a total loss of 1.5kg in two days, pretty good. But I still get very hungry although I have no cravings, however, I feel like its not suppressing my appetite at all so I'm basically willing myself not to eat. I have a bit of a headache now n some dizziness sometimes especially when I get up from a seated or sleeping position. I have dry mouth but its not too bad. Otherwise it's been going ok I guess, although I don't think it gives me a lot of energy I am grateful that I don't get as tired as one would on a low calorie diet. By the way today I'm 59.9kg I wanna lose tge 9.9kg ultimately but for now I will be happy with a loss of 4.9kg to bring my weight to 55kg.

All the best with your journey to a more fabulous you...;)

Stay in touch
Hi! i weight a bit more than you & am pretty damn short haha, but cant seem to find a doctor who will prescribe me duromine. which doctor did u go to if you dont mind me asking?! x

Hi yld92, where about are you?

Hi ladies, KloBlo, Bridget; how have you guys been? It's been forever how's the weightloss going? Are you still on the D? Would love to hear from you.

Cheers for now.;)

Hey everyone, today is day one on 30mg. How long should it normally take for any side effects? its night time now so a whole day has passed and i havent noticed anything yet. im not less hungry and im not energetic. i feel tired if anything. the closest thing i have to a side effect is that i feel like im "tingling". So what else can you tell me about your first 7 days side effects? Thank you in advance