Mike77 said:
Thanks for your words.

Ive taken duromine for a week now and my weight has gone down from 86.5 kg to 83kg today. Surprisingly this time round I could sleep normally but I am always grumpy and down, and that affects my work performance a little. I took the pill continuously for 6 days but skip today just to give my body a break. Appetite is under control still which is good.

I am planning to take it alternate days for the coming week and see it if works for me without being grumpy all the time. Just worried that I might lose control and start binging on rubbish food again. Wish me luck!

and goodluck to you too. would like to hear your journey too.

I reckon alternate days is a great idea if that works for you. My dr says it can last up to 48 hours for some people. I skip a day every now and again just to see how it effects me. So far so good. Don't be worried cos if you feel like you are going to binge again just go back to daily until your new healthy eating becomes habitual.

I've been on it 10 weeks now and blog my results every week. This forum is my way of holding myself accountable.

I truely believe if you WANT to succeed you WILL!!!!
:):cool::laughing::)

very impressive weight loss you have achieved. well done you.

Im taking it alternate days now and yes, the effect seem to stay on as my appetite is still suppressed. I've lost 4kg now and its Day 10. Going to pick up gym on the days I am not on duromine now to tone up. I'll follow suit and update here weekly for the very least to hold myself accountable too.

keep up the good work peeps!:cool:

Reactions: Janine C
Well done Mike:):)
I am on week two and have lost 5.6. First time in many years that I am under the 120's. Still have a long journey ahead but trying to stay focused.
Mike77 said:
very impressive weight loss you have achieved. well done you.

Im taking it alternate days now and yes, the effect seem to stay on as my appetite is still suppressed. I've lost 4kg now and its Day 10. Going to pick up gym on the days I am not on duromine now to tone up. I'll follow suit and update here weekly for the very least to hold myself accountable too.

keep up the good work peeps!:cool:

way to go Janine! Well done you.

Its my 2nd week but Its an important week for me at work so I can't be zonked out hence i stopped duromine for now.
The appetite crawls back, have the desire to eat but you know what, its ALL in the head! Just gotta learn to control.
and I truly believe once you can get over this hurdle, you are good to go on a sustainable healthy lifestyle.
I have 5 kg more to go, will keep it posted.

Goodluck to all!

Reactions: Janine C
Started 86.5
Dropped to 82.2 in 7 days
Stopped taking duromine for a week
Its day 14 and weigh has been maintained at 83kg
Intend to incorporate exercise
Has been experiencing upset stomach and nausea. Argh

Literally just picked up a month's supply of 30gm metermine because the pharmacy was out of duromine.

I was on duromine awhile ago and was super successful - 15-20kg (i can't remember exactly!) over 6 months but I did exercise 5x and eat clean (foods with no oil, no treats) and managed to keep the weight off for 6 years.

I'm really looking forward tomorrow! Question: Should I take a "before" picture?

Day 1
Health: I feel very awake and energised. Focused which is awesome. I'm just ticking stuff off my list. I'm not the least bit hungry. I am drinking 250ml of water every hour or two. No headaches. Yay! Dry mouth alittle.

Emotions: I'm alittle but sensitive but it could be because I'm a week before my period.

I'll weigh myself tomorrow.

Journeying together Aurora.. I would love to shed 19.5kg... 15kg would be good but 22kg... OMG Amazing! Holding your cyber hand as the journey continues...

Deanna78 said:
Journeying together Aurora.. I would love to shed 19.5kg... 15kg would be good but 22kg... OMG Amazing! Holding your cyber hand as the journey continues...

Thanks for the support, Deanna! We can totally this! I don't expect to lose 22kg through duromine, it's my dream goal weight.

Dreams are good to have... 22kg down for me would be Oh.. Soooo wonderful.. I will be happy to reach 62kg.. (roughly 15.5kg from now) but my goal is 58.. 54 - would be a Dream... perhaps I should aim for 58 - but Dream 54... :)

Reactions: auroraB
x-posted from my blog

I've hit a wall - I'm struggling with EVERYTHING.

Eating - I was on a weekend trip so I decided not to take duromine so I could enjoy eating (note: It's eating, not OVEReating!) I've literally put on and lost the same 1kg. Not sure what that is about. I'm not really eating cleanly, I am simply not eating. I am struggling with being ok with that.

The gist is that, I've more or less eaten myself to this current state and is it that bad to keep my calories between 500-800 calories while ensuring I eat whole foods and very (simple) carbohydrates (I simply do better without it!) I don't know what to do to be very honest. The last couple days have been a write-off because I've been eating out.

Exercise - I can't exercise because my lower back has been playing up so it hurts to move around. What I do, do is walk. I walk about 10-15,000 steps per day. I have a fairly active job so I am on my feet ALL DAY, in addition to that I walk to work so that's about another 1.5km every day. It's not enough though.

Emotions - Work has been extremely stressful and my personal life is filled with anxiety due to a close family member. I have good and bad days, today isn't the best.

This is where I am. Should I continue with duromine and stick to a 500-800 caloric diet? That is simply what I eat when I'm on duromine. I've tried to eat more but it almost always leads to over eating.

Part of me wants to give up especially after I read a study about your body always wanting to be heavier than your heaviest weight before losing weight. It feels like an uphill battle.

Excuse me while I cry.

Hi Aurora.. I actually hear myself in your very words.. I have been so disappointed with my results on duromine that I have also considered giving them the boot.. I never over eat when at work anyway.. so I actually think I am consuming about the same amount.. .. and because I havent felt the effects of wanting to be busy at night or losing my appetite, especially at night- I know I have made awful choices...

I see my reflection in the mirror - or worse.. a large reflection in the glass sliding doors at night and I look and feel just as chunky as I did when I started this expensive journey on the 17th of June... I'm not making a pig of myself - but I am reaching for small treats.. yoghurt, chocolate... This is me - giving in.... to spite myself - as I always seem to do...

I feel truly disheartened... numbers - as you have seen too, seem to just fall off some people.. but not me. Like you, I am on my feet most of the day. I work extra long hours and eat lunch while I work.. I do sit during this time, but I utilize the time by getting a touch of computer work done.. then - back up and on my feet again. Exhausted from work most days- the gym isnt appealing at all. And walking before or after work doesnt happen.

I want- more than anything... to succeed in finding myself again. I need to remind myself that I am worth the continuous effort... despite how slow it is!!

This could very well be the pep talk Ibhave needed to give myself... the reboot...

I hope so!!! And I hope you don't give up either Aurora... fight with me... lets win this battle!!

Last edited:
Deanna78 said:
Hi Aurora.. I actually hear myself in your very words.. I have been so disappointed with my results on duromine that I have also considered giving them the boot.. I never over eat when at work anyway.. so I actually think I am consuming about the same amount.. .. and because I havent felt the effects of wanting to be busy at night or losing my appetite, especially at night- I know I have made awful choices...

I see my reflection in the mirror - or worse.. a large reflection in the glass sliding doors at night and I look and feel just as chunky as I did when I started this expensive journey on the 17th of June... I'm not making a pig of myself - but I am reaching for small treats.. yoghurt, chocolate... This is me - giving in.... to spite myself - as I always seem to do...

I feel truly disheartened... numbers - as you have seen too, seem to just fall off some people.. but not me. Like you, I am on my feet most of the day. I work extra long hours and eat lunch while I work.. I do sit during this time, but I utilize the time by getting a touch of computer work done.. then - back up and on my feet again. Exhausted from work most days- the gym isnt appealing at all. And walking before or after work doesnt happen.

I want- more than anything... to succeed in finding myself again. I need to remind myself that I am worth the continuous effort... despite how slow it is!!

This could very well be the pep talk Ibhave needed to give myself... the reboot...

I hope so!!! And I hope you don't give up either Aurora... fight with me... lets win this battle!!

Thanks for being so supportive! I've decided to stick to an 800 calorie diet until I can work out again in spite of how much I walk to work or am active at work. I'll have to give this a fair go and I can't control not being able to work out. I am bummed because the medication worked so well for me the first time around and I really need it to work.

Reactions: Deanna78
Hey Ladies,

I'm sorry you're both feeling so down. It's ok to feel sucky and like we aren't worth the effort - that's familiar, we've mastered it. It's how we got here. But remember (and I tell myself this when I feel like giving up), The months of exercising and dieting and life changing required to get to your goal weight ARE GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY. The question is, do you want to spend them staying fat?
My Answer is always a begrudging "no" and I think of ways to improve what i'm doing.

Have you spoken to your doctor about going up to a higher dosage?
You could also ask for access to an "Advanced Primary Care Plan" that would get you 5 free appointments with a dietician to discuss your food. (I just had my first one! it was such an eye opener)
In regards to exercise - it sounds like you're already walking heaps! What about swimming for 30 mins once a week or yoga on a Saturday morning just to shake things up.... if you can manage that, when you start to feel better, try and add another session? I'm just spit balling ideas here.

I'm a snacker too.... I distract myself with knitting and making sure when I sit on the couch I have a bowl of strawberries or grapes or something to reach for before I get up and go to the fridge.

I honestly believe that a weightloss journey is as emotionally draining and mentally traumatic as beating cancer. Give yourselves some credit ladies. You're here and you are determined to beat this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitchy and Deanna78
Hi girls.. thanks for the upbeat Madaselle!
I reluctantly weighed myself on friday.. 6 weeks in.. not much of a difference during first 3 weeks, so was lucky dr agreed to allow mw to try 40mg.. i have felt heavy, heavy, heavy - however evidently have lost a few kg in last 3 weeks.. a tad over 3.5kg i think.. but - omg i am soooo constipated its not funny! Hence the heavy brick feeling.. had this with 30mg but 40mg is worse. Drinking lots of water though likely still not enough.. Laxatives 2 weeks ago helped a little.. waiting for them to kick in again this weekend.. they had been waking me in the wee hours but its now 6am and - nope.. nothing yet! Looks like today will be stay at home day to get washing etc done.. (nice and close to the ensuite lol).. Madaselle is right Aurora.. we don't want to continue lugging around soooo much fat.. we need to trust in this journey and allow it the time it needs...

Your last time was amazing.. this time will be too - but maybe just at a slower rate.. not a bad thing.. its not easy looking forwards towards a goal.. hindsight always seems easier. We dont want to look back in October/November and see thatwe gave up on ourselves...
Thanks Madaselle and Aurora.. lets just do this! xo

Hello again! I'm back on duromine again after a month's break. I lost about 5-6kg on my first script, I won't say it's the first month because I took it on and off for a month, it ended up lasting about 6-7 weeks.

I had plans to get back on it which I did for about 2 weeks but life was crazy and I ended up flying overseas for two weeks because of a family health emergency. Gah! That's life, isn't it?

So here I am and I'll be giving this a 3rd go - I took my first tab from my 2nd script TODAY! Wish me luck (again!)!

CW:78kg

I made it down to 76kg but the last 10 days has been absolute madness with having to deal with family issues, not beating myself up but it hasn't been easy.

Reactions: Deanna78
Good Luck Aurora...!! I actually haven't yet filled my 3rd script.. been trying Swiss Hunger Control foe a few days.. just to see how it works as I found duromine wasnt so great for me.. seemed to be null and void at night when my problem time is.. will keep on with the swiss for another couple of weeks then may fill script #3..??
My weight is just a tad under yours at around 76.5 ish.. (goes to 75.5 and back to here).. am with you Aurora.. lets crack the 70's and kick into the 60s together

Hi all, i am starting again on duro, however this time i am going to combine with optislim. looking to lose around 15kgs. I have used duro many times and find i lose around 5-8kgs then overtime it all creeps back on, has anyone had success using meal replacement shakes and duro?
current weight 80kgs, goal weight 65kgs.

Hi, Melani :)
Good to know you've already had your experience with Duromine. What can I say, speaking of your gaining weight back, I guess you used to go back to your previous eating habits. It's always the answer. Gotta be honest with you: if you want to never gain extra weight again, then after the end of Duromine therapy you need to stick to the same diet and exercise plan as during the use of these pills. Otherwise you'll end up gaining weight back over and over again. That's the reality. I keep saying people, nothing in weight loss is temporary, especially with proper diet. You need to start over a new life chapter and never look back. At least that's what I did and that's what helped me.

When I got used to healthy eating choices, I realised I loved them and I learned to enjoy that healthy food. Believe it or not, I keep eating only healthy years after I finished my Duromine journey. It was hard at first, since there's too much temptation to join my friends' lifestyle during holidays and BBQs, but little by little I came to a thought that I have just one body and one life and I want it healthy. That's what matters the most. Sorry for such long intro, but I wish you reconsider what you were doing wrong/right during your past weight loss experiences. I wish you all the best and always willing to help. ;)

Melani said:
Hi all, i am starting again on duro, however this time i am going to combine with optislim. looking to lose around 15kgs. I have used duro many times and find i lose around 5-8kgs then overtime it all creeps back on, has anyone had success using meal replacement shakes and duro?
current weight 80kgs, goal weight 65kgs.

Hi Melani, how’s it going? Did you manage to lose any more weight? Hope you did. And I hope you will read Kate’s post. It is important that you use Duromine to develop new healthy eating habits. Unless you are planning to use optislim till the rest of your life. Otherwise, your weight will start creeping up again. However, I hope you have a good progress. Best of luck!