Hey all!
I'm new here. I'm from adelaide and im 25yrs
3 years ago i started taking duromine and was on it for roughly 2 months and manage to lose 13kgs ( back then i was 82kg down to 69kg).
Unfortunately bad habits crept up and I have gained it all back plus some!

Height:155cms
SW: 96KGS
CW : 94.4KGS
GW : 60 - 80KGS

I started on duromine 30mg 3 days ago and have noticed alot of changes
I have already started to lose some weight, I am eating healthy and exercising every day.
The bad part is that I'm having a horrible time of sleeping and I give up trying to sleep and sit on my phone. ( it's now 3am). I also have horrible dry mouth and jaw clenching, it's driving me bonkers.

I do not remember last time being like this
Please tell me this will go away?

Rae

Its been eight days since being on duromine and my side effects have decreased dramatically.
As of yet I havent weighed myself but will do it hopefully tomorrow.... fingers crossed.

I found over the weekend I was having horrible mood swings. One minute I would be fine, the next wanting to put my fost through a wall angry. I hope this doesn't last either, my poor fiancé.

I still cant manage to get my eating right, before duromine I wasn't much of an eater but when I did I'd eat the wrong things.

And now seeing as my appetite has completely gone I need to remeber to eat and try pick something healthy. I need to work on this.

My journey with duromine didn't start the way I'd hoped. I first started taking duromine on the 16th of December and took it up until the 6th of January when I had to go into hospital as I had blood clots on one of my lungs (not caused by the duromine, clots run in my family) but in the time was taking duromine I had gained over 6kg. I barely ate anything over the Christmas period and I just seemed to keep putting weight on, worst of all I bloated like crazy even though I was drinking dandelion tea (it's suppose to help with water retention). I'm not sure if my body was trying to reject the duromine or if the stress of having the clots made my body stack on the weight. So after staying in hospital for 5 days I lost all the weight I put on but was a little cautious of starting back on the duromine. I made the choice two days ago to give it another go seeing as I am back to my starting weight 99kgs and even though I've made massive changes to my diet (I can't do any cardiovascular exercises just cause I still have the clots) but I've taken up to doing yoga every morning as it's easy on my body. This time I'm going to do it a little differently, I'm not going to check the scales everyday and I'm not going to put pressure on myself if I don't lose heaps of weight. Sorry for the long story but I thought there was no better place to say this than on here :)

I'm sorry to hear of your recent health issues but I'm proud of you that despite this, you continue to persue your weight loss journey to become a healthier you.

Good luck this time around, and I look forward to hearing about your successful progress xx

Hi there! :)
My name's Annie, I'm in Adelaide too. I started taking D on Oz Day, and although I've been in a good mood and I think I'm losing weight (I haven't weighed myself yet, waiting till next Tuesday). I started at 86kg, I want to get down to about 72-75kg, which isn't an ideal weight for someone my height of 162cm, but its better than nothing.

I wanted to know what you did while on D? I am eating healthy and exercising 4-5 times a week at the gym, and every other night at home doing squats, lunges, planks etc. I drink only water, too, because apparently coffee and alcohol induces sleep problems.
And I have to ask, how long did it take for sleep to go back to normal?! I've had 8 hours of sleep in the last 3 days! Not ideal :( please help!

Hi annie!
Im now onto just over a month into it and am now down to 89kg! So that's a total 7kg!
My routine is fairly relaxed. I still am having trouble eating healthy, but I do try to work out 3- 4 times a week. Lately have only been getting in one pt session

Side effects are still there. I have found the insomnia comes and goes depending on what I've done during the day.
But it hasnt gotten better!

I jaw clench still and get horrible dry mouth But i see that as a good side effect as it makes me drink more water.

I went out drinking on the weekend and I felt fine. So im guessing it depends on the person maybe

Dr said I was doing well at my check up. BP and heart rate were absolutely normal.

How have you been going?

Reactions: FleetwoodMac
oh awesome :) thats great! I'm halfway through my first month, I'm on day 15 today and I haven't weighed myself as I dont want to do that until i see results myself (family have said I've lose weight in my face and thighs :) ) My insomnia went after 4 nights and I'm sleeping normally now. Dry mouth makes me drink more which is good :laughing:
Really?? hmm ok :) I also read this so I was a bit on the fence about it and chose not to drink: Duromine side effects with alcohol i guess it depends on the person then :)

good thankyou, getting ready for uni at the end of the month :) you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Raebow90 said:
Hey all!
I'm new here. I'm from adelaide and im 25yrs
3 years ago i started taking duromine and was on it for roughly 2 months and manage to lose 13kgs ( back then i was 82kg down to 69kg).
Unfortunately bad habits crept up and I have gained it all back plus some!

Height:155cms
SW: 96KGS
CW : 94.4KGS
GW : 60 - 80KGS

I started on duromine 30mg 3 days ago and have noticed alot of changes
I have already started to lose some weight, I am eating healthy and exercising every day.
The bad part is that I'm having a horrible time of sleeping and I give up trying to sleep and sit on my phone. ( it's now 3am). I also have horrible dry mouth and jaw clenching, it's driving me bonkers.

I do not remember last time being like this
Please tell me this will go away?

Rae

Hey Raebow. Maybe Duromine is not for you or maybe you don't need any pills at all. Did you think of running or doing cardio in the gym?

Raebow90 said:
Hi annie!
Im now onto just over a month into it and am now down to 89kg! So that's a total 7kg!
My routine is fairly relaxed. I still am having trouble eating healthy, but I do try to work out 3- 4 times a week. Lately have only been getting in one pt session

Side effects are still there. I have found the insomnia comes and goes depending on what I've done during the day.
But it hasnt gotten better!

I jaw clench still and get horrible dry mouth But i see that as a good side effect as it makes me drink more water.

I went out drinking on the weekend and I felt fine. So im guessing it depends on the person maybe

Dr said I was doing well at my check up. BP and heart rate were absolutely normal.

How have you been going?
Raebow90 said:
Its been eight days since being on duromine and my side effects have decreased dramatically.
As of yet I havent weighed myself but will do it hopefully tomorrow.... fingers crossed.

I found over the weekend I was having horrible mood swings. One minute I would be fine, the next wanting to put my fost through a wall angry. I hope this doesn't last either, my poor fiancé.

I still cant manage to get my eating right, before duromine I wasn't much of an eater but when I did I'd eat the wrong things.

And now seeing as my appetite has completely gone I need to remeber to eat and try pick something healthy. I need to work on this.

Hi. Im curious how you get this prescribed. No Dr Ive gone to will prescribe. They dont believe in it so refuse. Very frustrating. I used it years ago and it worked very well for me. It seems that alot of Drs just dont like these meds. Any ideas as to how I should approach them?
Regards Swan.

Hi swan :)
No they don't like it much because of the severe end results if you use it for too long (the most I've heard is 4 months). I'm on it for 4 months. They also don't prescribe it if you've lost weight naturally recently, they'll just say "oh well keep going with what you're doing!" Another factor is that they might not think you're able to handle the side effects, or that your body might not be able to handle it.

Im 19 and overweight for my height (not massively, but reasonably). When I went to my doctor I said to her (this is all true btw) "I've been really struggling to lose weight and I've been eating clean for 3 months, gym classes 4-5 times a week, really pushing myself and I'm not seeing any results. Because of no change, I'm feeling real crappy bout myself and my self esteem have bombed. Is there anything that I could get a prescription for that might help?"
She said right away that I could try Duromine.

Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: FleetwoodMac
Hi swan,
My dr never had a problem with me using it.
I just asked and took my measurements, weight and bp and said because my bmi was very over what it should be that it would bw fine.
They have suggested dropping the dosage down because of the side effects but I'm happy with how things are going

Some doctors don't like to prescribe it as the side effects can be harsh and that also if your not willing to have a lifestyle change as well then theres no point because once you go of youll put the weight back on.

Perhaps either have a bit more of an in depth chat with your dr or maybe try a different gp.

Tony666 said:
Hey Raebow. Maybe Duromine is not for you or maybe you don't need any pills at all. Did you think of running or doing cardio in the gym?

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week.
Cardio isn't my friend but I push to what my body allows.
Generally to weights etc.

Hi , what time do you take your pill? I take mine at 5am then go back to sleep till 7am . Wake up refreshed.. I've been asleep by 11pm everynight . :)

Hey raebow i had similar side effects plus more.
Day 1 slept 1 hour felt ok
Day 2-7 chest pain, nauseous, headaches, dry mouth, mood swings, was able to sleep after day 1 though as im low in iron and very tired often. Appetite wasnt suppressed as much as i expected but i dont get cravings anymore. I hated the side effects and was going to stop but all of a sudden on day 8 they were gone

Last year i started weight loss
Im 160cms tall weighed 84kgs and had a bmi of 31

After like 6 months of healthy eating and exercise i lost about 2 kgs and gave up after those shit results. Lost another kg somehow bringing me to 81kgs and still obese with bmi of 31.

I went to the dr and had bloods and physical examination.
He prescribed duromine 30mg but i declined because i was scared of the side effects and asked for orlistat. After a month on orlistat i lost 2kgs (79 kgs with bmi of 30) and wasnt happy as i worked hard and ate well. So i continued without prescriptions and lost another 1 kg in a month which brought me down to 78kgs and still obese so i went back to the dr to give duromine a try. Week one i lost 2 kgs and im currently almost finished week 2 and lost 1 kg. Im now at 75kgs with a goal weight of 55-60 kgs but will be happy to be under 65 again.

Last year in jan i was size 10 after having a baby in 2013 but ended up on medication that caused me to gain weight rapidly and as a result i stayed inside and ate in front of the tv because i didnt want to be seen. I want to be size 8 again which was my pre baby size.

I hope u keep blogging I want to hear about ur progress :)

Hi all

I'm 28 male, 178cm and 88kg. I was 95kg few months back and has managed to shed a few pounds through exercise and diet and duromine.

From my previous usage of duromine, Ive lost 5kg in 5 days. Great results but That also means 5 days of sleepless nights, jittering hands and constant bad mood. Its all worth it however the weight pounds right back once I stopped taking it. (Ive got a crappy diet- loves KFC)

For this time round my doc prescribed me 30mg 2 months supply of duromine. I intend to use it as a kickstart to lose the weight fast and sustain it thereafter. Sustainability is my concern now so if anyone has any advice that'd be much appreciated.

My goal is to reach 78kg, which will put me on a normal BMI. Today is my first day of taking it and apetite is gone but the side effects kicked in as expected.

Lets do this together I hope everyone can reach their ideal goal soon.

Cheers

;);)
Mike77 said:
Hi all

I'm 28 male, 178cm and 88kg. I was 95kg few months back and has managed to shed a few pounds through exercise and diet and duromine.

From my previous usage of duromine, Ive lost 5kg in 5 days. Great results but That also means 5 days of sleepless nights, jittering hands and constant bad mood. Its all worth it however the weight pounds right back once I stopped taking it. (Ive got a crappy diet- loves KFC)

For this time round my doc prescribed me 30mg 2 months supply of duromine. I intend to use it as a kickstart to lose the weight fast and sustain it thereafter. Sustainability is my concern now so if anyone has any advice that'd be much appreciated.

My goal is to reach 78kg, which will put me on a normal BMI. Today is my first day of taking it and apetite is gone but the side effects kicked in as expected.

Lets do this together I hope everyone can reach their ideal goal soon.

Cheers

Hi Mike

My advice to you, and yes I had success lost 17kg and kept it off so far(3months)

Eat now how you plan to when you stop taking Duromine. Don't exclude the foods you love, just eat smarter. Smaller portion of the food you love with salad or low carb veggies. Eg. One piece of kfc chicken or one fillet with salad. Make only half a sandwich, or pull the dough out of a roll to fit more salad and meat. Party pie instead of a whole pie. One piece of pizza, filling the plate with salad. Eating with a knife and fork slows you down, you feel full quicker.

It's so much easier to set good habits whilst on Duromine, after 2 months you should be in a really good routine and be able to maintain your new diet with a little self control.

Start exercising now, because you will need to exercise regulary just to maintain your weight after Duromine. For me it's walking for an hour a day/ 6 days a week. You might not feel like exercising but just get moving, 10mins in you'll be full of energy and glad you made the effort.

If you are having too many side effects, take your capsule every second day. My doctor advises every second day, she said it lasts two days. She actually uses Duromine herself. I think it helps mentally, knowing you didn't take it in the morning but still controlled your eating.

Also eating low carb is key!

GOODLUCK;)

Reactions: Kelly
Thank you for the advice!

Cultivating good eating habits while on duromine seem to be a good idea. The thing is I have pretty high blood pressure so I am not too sure about working out as I can feel my heart racing already. Don't want to go over the top.

I'll probably stick with the good eating habits, smaller portions and start working out when I stop taking the pills.

I was 86.5 when i started and now I am at 84.3 on DAY 5. seems pretty good.

Thanks again , and good luck to you too!

Good luck Mike from me too! I totally agree with Bringingskinnyback.
Good eating habits are a must for life! They will help you to maintain your achieved weight. Smart habits help us a lot!

Reactions: Mike77
Good Luck on your road to a happier and healthier version of you Mike :)

I find real encouragement in reading people's positive and honest accounts of their Duromine journey and I look forward to reading more about yours in the weeks to come :)

Thanks for your words.

Ive taken duromine for a week now and my weight has gone down from 86.5 kg to 83kg today. Surprisingly this time round I could sleep normally but I am always grumpy and down, and that affects my work performance a little. I took the pill continuously for 6 days but skip today just to give my body a break. Appetite is under control still which is good.

I am planning to take it alternate days for the coming week and see it if works for me without being grumpy all the time. Just worried that I might lose control and start binging on rubbish food again. Wish me luck!

and goodluck to you too. would like to hear your journey too.