Duromine Month 1

Hi Guys

I've been on the 30mg duromine for nearly a month now (about threee weeks)

I've drastically reduce my food intake to 1200 calories per day, so three meals and two snacks per day, making sure I eat a lot of veggies and some fruits while also making sure each meal is filling and nutritious.

In the first week I lost about 4kgs, and since then I havent been able to shift any weight. Im feeling helpless because I am 114kg with a height of 159cm so I am in the obese category.

I do go to the gym, or at least walk in the park, sometimes for one hour sometimes for 30mins. I also eat really lean foods, like 97% fat free turkey or chicken breast (no skin) and or salmon and I only eat one of them per day and always under 110grams worth.

I havent eaten dairy at all either. No milk (except almond milk) and no cheese etc. If I do eat bread its always multigrain or its made out of corn (no gluten)

I dont know if im excercising wrong, like I do yoga, pilates, some weights and walk a lot. Sometimes im on the elliptical and on the stationary bike. I cant do the treadmill for long as I have a knee injury but I can do anything else.

Can anyone share any of their tips, like what I can do to improve? These pills are quite expensive and I really just dont know what im doing wrong :( I dont want it to be a waste. Im still going pretty strong but im scared ill lose hope..

^ Just to add that I go to the gym nearly every day, if I miss out then im walking in the park

marrissaevans said:
Hi Guys

I've drastically reduce my food intake to 1200 calories per day, so three meals and two snacks per day, making sure I eat a lot of veggies and some fruits while also making sure each meal is filling and nutritious.

In the first week I lost about 4kgs, and since then I havent been able to shift any weight. Im feeling helpless because I am 114kg with a height of 159cm so I am in the obese category.

I do go to the gym, or at least walk in the park, sometimes for one hour sometimes for 30mins. I also eat really lean foods, like 97% fat free turkey or chicken breast (no skin) and or salmon and I only eat one of them per day and always under 110grams worth.

I havent eaten dairy at all either. No milk (except almond milk) and no cheese etc. If I do eat bread its always multigrain or its made out of corn (no gluten)

I dont know if im excercising wrong, like I do yoga, pilates, some weights and walk a lot. Sometimes im on the elliptical and on the stationary bike. I cant do the treadmill for long as I have a knee injury but I can do anything else.

Can anyone share any of their tips, like what I can do to improve? These pills are quite expensive and I really just dont know what im doing wrong :( I dont want it to be a waste. Im still going pretty strong but im scared ill lose hope..
Hi Marrissa :)
Awesome news about all the exercise you are doing ;)
I'm going to be really blunt ok because you asked xx
You are consuming more calories than you think you are. Plain and simple.A 159cm woman weighing 114kg exercising everyday consuming only 1200 cals would be losing weight. If I were you I woukd take a real hard look at EVERYTHING you are consuming and recheck the calories. I think you will be surprised that you are counting sonething WAY less than it actually is.
It can only help xx

Reactions: gwenie75
marrissaevans said:
Hi Guys

Use the appetite suppression of Duromine to get onto the habit of eating less, find the foods thay work for you and set a meal plan you can stick to long after D stops. I know it is a lot of extra work for a busy person but you are worth that extra time planning and prepping. And tbh I have found I am actually saving time during the week with a little extra time spent food prepping. I agree with the last commenter 110g of salmon is about 230 cal alone and 110g of turkey is about 110 cal 110g chicken breast is 180 cal. 1 measured cup of almond milk is 60 cal. What I found has been helpful and extremely eye opening is keeping a food list every day and calculate the caloriea as you go, it works best if you can record food as you go but not alway that easy on a busy day. You may be surprised about how many calories you are having. I would forget limiting carbs and gluten unless of course you have a diagnosed intolerance of course, those are gimmicky weightloss theories, your body qill benifir more from a variety of low calorie whole foods. Personally I keep weightloss shakes as a backup also I don't use it daily as a meal replacement but if it is late after a busy day at work and putting fam to bed and I know I need a meal I will have a shake - shakes are high calorie for their volume so they really are a meal replacement - the one I am using is about 170 cal for 250ml but they are fortified wirh vitamins and minerals and I believe better to have shortly before bed than a meal for digestion. I hope this has been useful and I agree losing 4kg is still a win as long as you keep losing whether 100g/week or 1kg/week it oa all a step in the right direction.

Reactions: IWantToBeHappy
I have never counted calories in my life until recently all you need is the internet and google or a reputable site like calorieking it is easy and I have actually become quite fascinated about how many cal in a food even things I am not going to eat personallyit have put sense of fun in it and that makes it easier and it is valuable information you will have the rest of your life

Have you measured yourself? Bust, waist and hips. Since you are going to the gym you may be losing fat but gaining muscle.

try using the app myfitnesspal you can scan your packaging to see your calorie intake and see your progress seeing is what keeps the motivation and keeps you in check hope this helps good luck

Hey Marrissa, stop trying too hard - believe that you can do this and get your arse into gear and let the medications do the job - eat only when you feel like eating - not when you think you feel like eating - and eat small portions only IF you feel like eating - Duromine works but you have to let it work and don't crowd your mind with OMG's - try cycling the tablets with a 4 days On and 4 days Off then 3 days On and 3 days Off - don't try too hard to lose the weight - relax into the program and let it happen - kia kaha and stay focused...

Hi. I'm in my 4th week of using duromine. Started on 15mg then 30 now taking 45mg a day. I have only lost 4kgs but have lost a dress size am now a nz size 16. Going to the gym 4x a week twice with a personal trainer. Eating porriage and 2 peices of vogel for breakfast. And a chicken and veggie wrap for dinner. No side effects in fact not feeling any effects from duromine. Trying not to get down in regards to not losing more weight on the scales and focusing on how good my body feels instead. Currently 172cm and 103kg. Can't seem to reach that mini goal of 99kgs! Needing some encouragement to stay focused on getting healthier and not obsessed with the scales!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazaiese
Hi Lisa, I searched to link with you since your post on Bam Bams thread... I'm just 154cm short and my SW: 78.5kg was just 18 days ago.. On day 16, I weighed in at 75.8kg.. so down a mere 2.7kg. Ive just taken the weekend off (30mg) and I know I ate too much.. but I wont check sales until week 3 is finished.. I don't want to lose focus/patients/heart so.... wait for a least a week between weigh-ins. I want to reach 58kg.. not feeling effects of duromine as many others say they do - will head to dr over the week sometime for script #2 and will ask if he will boost it to the 40mg.. worth a shot, (hopefully).. ohhh.. i just want so much to be free of feeling so fat! Tired of a sore back and legs and of my tummy sleeping next to me.. lol Looking forward to hearing of your progress, thoughts and feelings along the way..

Hi Deanna! Thanks for sharing your journey thus far. Hopefully it went well at the doctors? I love your sense of humor! I know I need to lighten up somewhat aND not be so obsessed. Great to connect! Keep up the good work. We got this!!!

We've got this.. We're getting there gram by gram . Nice to keep each other focused on the goal..

Reactions: Lisamk72
I have been on Duromine for 2 months and lost 8kg but a LOT of cm's. Went from size 18 to a size 14 so take measurements people. Weight is not everything.

Reactions: Lisamk72
Thanks Trudi... and you are absolutely right! Good to be reminded of such truths along the way.. 8kg is a good amount to have lost in 2 month's.. nice and steady.. I've heard it said that it takes roughly 4 weeks for the person losing to see/feel a difference, a further 4 for rhose closest to us to notice and a further 4 again for everyone else to notice...
I have taken measurements at start and just once again so far - half way through my 3 weeks so far.. miminal was to be seen at that stage - but definately plan to measure both with scales and tape..
Please do share your journey as it continues!!

Good luck Lisa! Looking forward to your next update :)

Very sage advice, Trudi. It's so important to remind ourselves that the scales aren't everything :)

I just had a week off due to having the flu (did NOT want to risk mixing duramine with pseudo cold and flu tablets lol) and am super stoked to find that I havent put anything back on during that week! Excited about our journey, ladies :)

I reached my first mini goal today *happy dance*. My aim was to get down to under 100, I weighed in this morning at 98.9kgs! Very excited XD (if you couldn't tell haha)
My next goal will be 95.
Currently I'm on both metaformin (for my PCOS insulin resistance) and duromine. The duromine I take whenever I wake up ( it doesn't really affect my sleep) and the metaformin is supposed to be taken 3 times a day with meals, but i often forget the lunch and/or dinner pill.
I have been logging my meals and exercise on My Fitness Pal, which is a really great tool btw, and exercising 2-3 days, 2 days are Tae Kwon Do, 1 day for aquatherapy. It's this exercisng that has really helped me the most, especially because I have to go to them (rather than do it by myself). I do have exercise dvds that I try to follow, but I really suck at following routines by myself so these group exercise activities really work for me, even when I am not motivated to go. Just thought I'd share that for people who might be like me in that respect, it is really the most helpful thing for me atm.

This week, my goal is to wake up earlier enough to do an exercise routine before work, for at least 2 days. Hopefully, I can report back with a success story next week!

Congrats with your first mini goal, Paole'!
I hope you'll reach your next one as desired!;)

Reactions: Paolè
Kate said:
Congrats with your first mini goal, Paole'!
I hope you'll reach your next one as desired!;)

Thanks Kate! I really hope so :laughing:

So I'm posting this comment a little later than I achieved this mini goal of mine. 1-2 weeks or so ago, I weighted in at 94kg, earning my second mini goal with a headstart for my third mini goal. This week I weighted in at 92.8kg, almost half way to MG#3.
It is so funny how fast the weight comes off sometimes, though it doesn't make up for the other times when it doesn't ever seem to budge.
I think my diet is playing a big role in this process too. Since being on duromine, I find that eating larger meals is not as comfortable as before, in fact, I feel queasy as I begin to feel full.Sometimes this fullness comes well before it is due and so, sometimes I find myself worried enough, that I don't take the tablet the next day. I have also been eating a lot less pasta and bread, which does seem to be helping a lot too.

Reactions: Gwynedd
Hello, hello Paole! SO happy for your new achievement!!! Congratulations! Keep going towards your goals and may all these mini goals lead you to your Major weight loss goal!

I am sure that less pasta and bread, as well as smaller meals did help you lose weight. What about the physical activity? You can start walking 30 minutes a day, if you find it uncomfortable to join a gym or have any other reasons for not exercising. Any activity will surely benefit your weight loss and overall condition. Best of luck!!! Away you go to the 3rd mini goal!