Good on you. We are similar in height and weight. Try drinking soda water it helps with the sick feeling for the first week. Just after I take my tablet at 7amish I get the dry mouth a little so the soda water gives you that little bit of a fizz in your mouth. You will probably find that you will loose a little at a time because you have only a little to loose. You get what I mean. Make sure you do eat some food regularly. There has definitely been days where I have forgotten to eat because my brain does not want to raid cupboards but to prevent the light

Thanks for the advice Release Me, I'll try the soda water thing, I'm not sure if I like the stuff but I'll give it a shot, today wasnt as bad with the dry mouth but still enough to irritate me. Yeah I understand I'm not going to drop 5 kilos in a week, because like you said, we dont actually have all that much to lose, but I'm still going to stick with it, even if I only lose 1 kilo or less, its still a loss.

Day 2 - September 11

I actually slept really well last night, Im not usually one to sleep through a whole night without getting up, walking around a bit, maybe a visit to the fridge or two :p but last night, I slept the whole night and actually woke up feeling really good and revived. I had a green tea and grapefruit for breakfast after I took my tablet, but about half hour later I was feeling really faint, so I had a small piece of toast with vegemite, made me feel a lot better. For lunch I had a beef and salad sandwich with no butter or mayo, and for dinner, I had fried rice. but Im still yet to feel at all hungry, also, the food doesnt taste good, I sort of feel like I'm forcing it down, and I can barely finish the smallest of meals. I also did the 100 workout today for the first time, my god, I wanted to die, Muscles I forgot I had have turned to jelly.

for those who dont know the 100 workout, its;
100 Jumping Jacks
90 Crunches
80 Squats
70 Leg Lifts
60 Jumping Jacks
50 Crunches
40 Squats
30 Leg Lifts
20 Jumping Jacks
10 Minute Run

Going to be sore as hell tomorrow,
wish me luck
:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the 100 workout im so so so unfit but will try my best with it today!

Start of day 14 (tomorrow start of week 2)

How exciting, I am 76.6kg. That is -4.1kg.
For all those people who tell you to your face you don't need to loose weight, hello that is 4kgs of my fat ass GONE.

Week 3 goal
Personal trainer, daily exercise and bike riding.

Great effort!!

It's a good feeling and also good motivation as the weight comes off!

:)

@MRSCMC That's not a problem :), I actually have a few more workouts that I've been meaning to try, I'll post them here when I do them.

day 3 - 12th september

I had less of a sleep last night, woke up a handful of times, but still better than usual I guess, I woke up with a crazy dry mouth but after I guzzled a glass of water that went away for a while. I had another Grapefruit and Green Tea for breakfast, a bowl of fruit for lunch and then a small portion of lamb for dinner, I havent felt hungry but I could actually eat a little more today without feeling sick. I've still been drinking my 2+ litres of water a day. My legs were too dead from yesterday's workout to move too much so I decided to have a day off. I went to a mate's house to watch a few movies and ofcourse he brought out the chips and soft drinks, as hard as it was, I didnt fall into temptation - quite proud of myself actually.

Im completely knackered and going to bed
goodnight all.

day 4 - 13th september

These entries are going to start getting boring so I think Im just going to post every few days.

Today was a bad day, not for the diet, just for me. I have felt really depressed today, its because something that happened recently, it just really hit me hard today and well, I felt like shit. I took my tablet and had a peice of toast with just vegemite and a green tea, a mandarin for lunch and nothing as yet for dinner, my mood all day has prevented me from eating because I just dont feel like it at all. I did go for a 2k run this morning, it started off as just a walk to get my mind off things and that didnt work, so instead I just ran. For someone who has never really been able to run more than 3 or so minutes, I think I did pretty well, I was literally about to collapse afterwards though.

On a brighter side of life, me and my best friend booked our cruise, it's in early February next year, so that is my new motivation, I want to be by the ship's pool and on the beaches of Isle of pines, confidently in a bikini.

Have a good one.

I am writing tonight as right now I am preventing myself from raiding the fridge. Omg, I have noticed a pattern that on a thursday and Friday I mentally want to raid and constantly thinking about food. Today being Friday I have had a sugar cravings bad.
Feeling really fat and super tired. I stopped drinking my usual soda water and have found that I am only drinking a liter of water, so off to the shops tomorrow.

I just picked up my new bike and am looking forward to my first ride.
I am wondering if it is normal to feel NO side effects and have cravings right now. Wonderingr if the tablets are absorbing without effect. But I am probably just thinking way too much.

OVER AND OUT for me.
So Friday I took my tablet in the morning as usual, still feeling like raiding cupboards but held back. Felt so so unwell all day with severe headaches and soon after changing to terrible moodiness. The light was just killing my eyes and I had to have a coffee. Similar to the worst hangover ever x 10. weighed myself and disappointingly was up too 79kg
So on Saturday my doctor advised me to stop for a day, no pill Saturday and OMG I was way to irritable to be around. My head was bulging and it was like I was having bad withdrawals from coffee.
On Sunday when I woke again with no pill, I felt great, had energy and went for a 10km bike ride. Took it easy, got home and felt great all day and fortunately I had no headaches or mood swings.

So Monday I took my pill as the doctor said that this would be how I could confirm if it was the product that was effecting things.
Omg headaches started a couple hours after and I started feeling really sick. I had my personal training session at 1pm.

Go to the gym, my blood pressure was reasonably high but nothing to concerning. Started my session and my heart rate was at 202 after 2 minutes on a rower. Well I went dizzy, almost threw up and felt like I was going to die. NO JOKE. I am reasonable fit and have never experienced that before. So the trainer did my heart rate after 2 minutes of rest and it had dropped to 160. Was very scary.
Got home Monday afternoon and was feeling really sick, like bad morning sickness. Had some food and water, also a home made juice. Told my man to look after my 3yr old and I went to bed.
It is now 2am I am so tired but wide awake, having those stupid crazy day dreams of weird things and have not slept since I crawled my ass into bed at 4pm.
I have the worst headache and now have like a head cold and my heart is slightly pumping out of my chest.

So for me, I have decided to stop taking duromine. I have learnt allot though during the past two weeks.
Motivation does not come from the duromine. The food craving definately did not disappear as much as expected. My bowel and constipation issues are now resolved thanks to ALL BRAN every morning. I do believe it is purely a mental state. Sleep deprevation is and will be the killer of any relationship,lol.
I have a beautiful 3yr old boy and have been very impatient with him during this time.
But mostly, I actually can do this without duromine as I personally need to invest in a person to mentally push me through a training session. I need to plan my meals and get organised. Much of my problem is pure lazziness and not having a routine. Much like those on the biggest loser.

So I am starting week 4 (which starts wednesday) drug free, weighing in at 77.7kg.
I am going to post how I go for the next couple weeks.

Good morning. Yes 5am.
Day 2 NO DUROMINE. Yesterday I stayed in bed til around 8ish. I was expecting headaches and withdrawals but to my surprise and pleasure NONE. So I started my new journey, getting organized, sitting down for 10 minutes and preparing a shopping list. Can't believe that I actually did all my house works and nurtured my little 3yr old in a happier state.
Was sore from Monday's personal training session but felt like exercising so was surprised with that too.

Took my list to the shop and for the first time only got what was on the list. Also got myself a wrist watch that tells me how many calories I burn a day so I can start to understand calorie intake vs energy output.

I can honestly say YES I have felt like a kit Kat over night but I don't have anything like that in this house anymore, not for me or the man.(he is struggling with that concept, but tough titties).lol
Also NO BREAD in the house. We would eat 2 loafs a day with butter so that's where a lot of my intake is from.

Although it is early day 2 no duromine. I can feel that my head space is clear, nice not to have a lingering headache and I am focused on how tough I have to be to achieve.
I am also fresh juicing breakfast for each morning tea.

7am Breakfast = all bran and Hilo milk plus 1 fruit
9:30am Morning tea = fresh juice and peanuts (carrot,apple,lemon,ginger and beet root)
12 midday = salad, 30g Kraft cheddar cheese and soda water
3pm = forcing myself to eat kiwi fruit and something else maybe
5:30 to 6:30 dinner = home made spinach and ricotta lasagne with salad
Bed 8:30 with glass of water and water bottle beside bed.
Will calculate calories today to get a rough idea.

Must say after being on the duromine for the 2 weeks it definitely gave me a sense of excitement, disappointment and moody, irritable etc. was great getting the first HIT of energy that comes with shocking your body with the ingredients of the pill, but I am what scared me the most other than my experience with my heart rate was that if I need a BRAIN BLOCKER now to motivate my own success then how will it actually change my habit for the future.
Every diet out there has the same result if your mental state remains the same. Does duromine actually change that mental state long term NO. But hopefully for some it will change HABIT. My guessing would not be very many as I have read many article where people have been on and off it.
Ever time I think about food I am going to stick a piece of chewy in my mouth to try and re train my brain, so keep posted and we will see how weigh in goes on Monday.

Google Fatsecret or Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal on MyFitnessPal.com

They have lists and lists of foods with all its info - so e.g you buy a can of coke - it gives you everything that is in there

You can create a profile daily record what you eat and it calculates your intake for you giving you a breakdown of your fat/salt/prot/carb etc...

I am on Fatsecret.co.za

Day 11 - 20th september

so its been a week since my last post, I thought I would do an update.

So when I weighed in on Friday, I had lost 2kg, I was stoked. But then, idiotic me, went out drinking Friday and Saturday night.
I weighed in again on monday to see what the damage was, I put on 1 kg, but that still left me -1kg :laughing:
I know its not a lot, but considering I havent been able to lose anything for the past few months, its a good start.
I also used the measuring tape and I have lost several cms around various body parts, woo.

Its the middle of my second week and I'm feeling good, still getting dry mouth a lot but I can deal with it. Ive been doing the 100 workout (see above) every second day (monday, wednesday,friday, fuck doing it on weekends ;P ) and going for walks/runs every other day. My legs have been hating me for it, but I think I can see some improvements in the shape of my legs, maybe Im just seeing things but they dont look as flabby, and the top of my inner thighs arent a jelly like :laughing:

Diet side of things, Im not sure if I'm being very healthy, I mean everything I eat is completely natural and healthy, but I'm still concerned about the amount im eating. My appetite has changed more than I thought it would, I can barely eat a few small bites of a salad roll or wrap, I just get too full. Im making my breakfast the largest meal of the day, Usually a piece of dry toast with vegemite, a Grapefruit and a green tea. That, for me, is a big meal. For lunch I'll have a small portion of lamb, chicken, turkey or another lean meat with salad (which I can never finish because I am so full) and by dinner time, I'm not hungry whatsoever and maybe Ill have a single piece of fruit or a yoghurt tub. So Im barely consuming 300 calories a day and I feel so full, If I eat anymore than that, I feel disgustingly bloated and horrible. Because I have such a dry mouth all the time, I reckon I'm consuming in excess of 3 litres of water a day. My god, Ive never gone to the toilet so much in my life. >.<

But yeah, I need advice on the whole eating thing.

Day 2 of Duromine - I am down 2.2 kg
I know its just water for now but to see something happening on the scale does something mentally

I do still feel hungry but last night at supper I could not finish my whole plate of food like usual !

So Friday tomorrow and still a couple days until weigh in.
I can't believe how good I feel. Since I stopped I have been on a 10km bike ride each day and each morning have completed 15minutes skipping, 5 minutes cross trainer and a floor workout with stretching.
I have not had any sweets or bread (just can't believe that).
I realized that I can not drink full cream milk at all, I actually chuck it up.
Best thing is I have been going to bed at 8pm and waking at 8am, sleep all night. Weirdly per duromine I was up until 1or 2 am. Since I have come off it is the best I have ever slept, I basically put it down to doing a 10km ride at 5pm.
Completely off food, but maintaining a healthy diet.
Will be happy and am expecting half a kilo lose on Monday but we will see..

wow, your journey is very interesting. I had pretty similar side effects my first week as you did. I love my sleep and im hating not being able to get to sleep at night feels exactly like you explained your mentally still awake and my 2nd night i felt my heart was pumping out of my chest. Did you ever experience chest pains or pressure?

@blondey209

Hi Blonde209.
I was feeling pretty ok until the end of the second week. Ended up in hospital with my heart rate so high. Doctor said that if I did it again and I kept exercising I could have done damage to my heart and high blood pressure was caused from it too.
Everyone has different reactions I suppose. It made me realise that with no euro mine if you increase activity and eat the right intake you will loose weight unless you have a thyroid problem. And food issues are an addiction so what would happen at the end of duromine, would it be no different to every other diet.
My advise would be to check your blood pressure and heart rate. To check your heart rate time beats for 15seconds then x 4=heart rate per minute.if its over 100, maybe see your doctor

Ok thanks so much for your advice. And sorry to hear about your side effects.

WOW, can't believe it!!!
1week since I gave up taking duromine.
No side effect, although my heart rate and blood pressure is still slightly high. Doc advised that it would take about 2 weeks to return back to normal.
Feeling great, went to my PT session yesterday and truly cannot move this morning,lol.
Sleeping like a dream and bowel movements are great due to water and food choices.

I have had no cravings other than a BEETROOT juice when I was out riding around Perth city on the weekend.
My mode is happy, relaxed and focused.
I am really happy that I decided to come off the duromine pill.

Ad the best thing this week for me was WEIGH IN:
Last week (no duromine) 77.7kg
Week later: 76.4kg
Total loss: -1.3kg through good food choices and exercise.

Weeks lesson: get your headspace right and you can achieve.

Day 19 - 28th september

so its been just over another week, I have not been at all happy with the results, It seems my body has done it again. I swear after the first week of any diet, my body becomes immune and suddenly is like 'nah, you're not losing anymore weight, in fact I'll make you gain a kilo, just because I can, sucked in.' Ive been doing everything the same, eating healthy, drinking a lot of water and doing my exercises, but yes, I gained a kilo. :mad: :confused:

Ill still stick to it because I'm sick of giving up, but the motivation is quickly escaping me, It's really demotivating to see the scales not only not go down, but infact go up.

Ill let you know how I go next week.

thanks.

:(dont give up ...keep in there i still on my first week i havent weighed in yet but i hope i have lost guess time will tell