Duromine And Exercise

Kaylouise, I lost 1.7 kg the first week, no exercise, only because I was scared I would gain weight or plateau in the first week, as that is the usual pattern of my life ,execrcing and eating right , so it helped me to keep going then the second week I added exercise in only 20-30 min, for the 3x a week, still lsot the next week, 1.2.. but then the following week the dreaded plateau arrived, and I was not eating all my calories due to the D working so well and not feeling hungry , and skipping brekkie,and I learnt over the last two weeks that it is not my exercise that is hindering me only but my to little calories intake too, so it was about me getting my balance ratio of food intake and exercise output right ,it is the end of week 6 for me tomorrow and so far so good ,I have found what is working for me so far, and will continue till I hit a plateau, or feel fitter to add more to by routine like weight training, and swimming in summer, but for now, I am a firm believer in doing exercise and weight management, as the body tones better this way, as you lose weight , and one feels, sleeps and thinks better too .. Some people do not need both, or cannot do both for personal reasons but if one can I HIGHLY recommend it ,, each one of us is unique, and the more i read on this site the more I can see how each person needs to find their own thing that works for them, even though we on the same weightloss journey , and path , it does not matter HOW we get to the goal{finish line } but that we CONTINUE to achieve it at the end ..GO .. GO ..GOAL .. see you all at the finish line !!....

Reactions: Melmo
Thanks Leigh. I think I am not eating enough though, as I haven't lost any weight since week 1 3.5kgs. I'm now on week 6 & on 40mg now. I really need to focus on eating enough as even my measurements are not changing.
So I've got my exercise sorted, now for my food. Well done on working out what's working for you. I change up my group classes but have to stick to the classes I can get to really. I struggle to remember to eat when I'm not etimg so hungry, do will make up some snack food to see If that helps. Keep us posted on your journey.

Hi, Im doing 40 mins a day on a stationary bike as well as some stretching. this is my second day on duramine, before I started I could do 20mins and felt tired but I think the tablet gives me extra energy to do more. I am keen to find some low impact strength training to add in too :)

I've been very lethargic lately, perhaps it's just my body adapting to not eating high sugar or fat food.

My boyfriend is being really supportive even though I'm starting to get a little irritable, so he's suggested that tonight we go play squash. I'm looking forward to doing something fun but also knowing it counts as exercise. I think he'll have me running ragged

KaylaLouise said:
A lot of people on the forum loose impressive amounts a week or in the total time they are taking duromine and I wonder what exercise are they (you) doing?

What works for you best?

Or are you not exercising and still losing?

:)
I have lost 8-10kg since mid June, and I don't have time for exersize, because I simply don't have time for it. I have 3 kids, I work Monday-Friday, and don't have a domestic. I walk about 3000 steps per day on average (walking at work) - and then the running after kids, cleaning, doing washing etc is what I do to burn energy!

KaylaLouise said:
I've been very lethargic lately, perhaps it's just my body adapting to not eating high sugar or fat food.

My boyfriend is being really supportive even though I'm starting to get a little irritable, so he's suggested that tonight we go play squash. I'm looking forward to doing something fun but also knowing it counts as exercise. I think he'll have me running ragged
Hi Kayla, have a look at this article, regarding low carb... (while still comsuming the correct fat). Interesting read.

If you haven't read my thread a little bit about me, I successfully lost around 20kgs a few years back, and after plateuing around the 8 - 10 kgs mark that's what I did ate clean but a high protein low carb diet. I have always tried to go back to it as I know it worked for me but lacked the discipline to do so. But I really should give it another crack that I'm on duromine and have a clear head space to make decisions and not be fuelled by my cravings. I shall give it a read though I played squash yesterday for an hr and really enjoyed myself, I was puffing and going really read but had fun. Feeling in a much better head space today!!

ChelseaPearshape said:
Hi Kayla, have a look at this article, regarding low carb... (while still comsuming the correct fat). Interesting read.

I can't see the article :(

KaylaLouise said:
I can't see the article :(
Oh dear, I'm going to insert a few spaces here and there (just delete them so that there are no spaces)...
I'm wondering if it is the way I pasted it, or if perhaps the Admin removed it, if we are not allowed to paste links into the comments. Hope I'm not doing something wrong/getting us into trouble...
or you can google:
Novel Dietary Ideas Runnersworld - and you should be able to find the page then. (a South African page)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey…
Guys what do you think Is exercise necessary with a diet plan..?? According to Tacoma Personal Trainer yes exercise really important
share your opinion with me…

They say weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. ..

Some of us need both.. unfortunatly .... AND IN THIS DAY AND AGE we do NOT move as much a we should, so not just for weight loss but for health reasons ,we SHOULD ALL be moving a whole lot more, be it gym, or walking ,compared to all our average hours a day of sitting ....

Crazy pace of life and human progress both do not let us move more. In this modern life it is very hard for a woman to find time for herself, especially for gym. House, kids, work....No time for anything else sometimes. But you can move (for example) by bicycle instead of car for a change, if your roads are in a good condition and if you don't have to go to the store for groceries.

It is both, nutrition and exercise equally. By diet and exercise combined you can lose more weight sustainably. While I agree with the old 'you cant out train bad nutrition' statement, I know you can out train a bad day :) If you know your calorie requirements and you have gone over it, you can most definitely burn off the excess with extra cardio. I did this recently after a bad nutrition day, which consisted of a day consuming a lot of pizza and coke. I knew what I was over, and had an excess of 4000kJ! which made me panic! But I did a few extra half hour sessions on the exercise bike for the next few days until I burned it off, and came back to my weekly kJ goal. I even lost weight that week, which I didn't expect. In short I think, while exercise alone wont get results, diet alone will get unsustainable results. But both in partnership, that works really well and gives you more control. With diet alone, if you slip up with what you've eaten you cant get it back. Doing both, if you eat something extra, you can work it off :) x

agree Melmo. but because I know it takes 3 to 5 hard sweat and exercise days , to just get back to that weight you gained because of "bad " food choices, for the day or just 1 meal, not always worth it in my book.. If you at goal weight and you have a bad eating day or pig out day, sure no worries taking 3 days of exercising hard to lose it again, but if you still got 30 kg of weight to lose, not good to be playing around with your food choices right now ..lol but that's just me and my head space right now,...

Absolutely in no way was I condoning eating more than what is in your kJ allowance, but inevitably it happens from time to time. I think that its awesome to be able to work off that excess with exercise rather than admit defeat. My diet is 1200 cal a day and has been for over a year, so my food choices are extremely healthy for the most part in order to meet my macronutrient targets. So when I went over my daily kJ allowance, I chose to burn it off on my stationary bike rather than do nothing. I don't have a fitbit or heart rate monitor so I erred on the side of caution and used estimated kJs burned based on my age, height and weight. I found it wasn't hard at all to make up the excess and regain a calorie deficit for the week, and have a loss as well. I also now know that dominos pizza is not a worthy option lol and to log a new food before I choose to eat it. I am proud I did the extra hour and a half in the end instead of just wearing it, so to speak. Also the more cardio I do the more I can do :) Anyway my point was that with diet alone, if you slip up with what you've eaten you cant get it back. With some extra effort and some extra exercise, if you eat something extra, you can work it off :) x

Reactions: christine V
Hi, firstly great to see you on the treadmill - any exercise is better than none! I've been on 30mg for 28 days now and have found a lot more energy to get off the lounge and be more active. I've been doing high intensity cardio and/or weight resistance training for 6 days a week since starting Duromine without ever feeling ill as you described. I have felt hungry though. Very hungry! I try to eat some protein (eg a handful of nuts) and simple carbohydrate (fruit) immediately post exercise, maybe that could help you too? Everyone finds different activities that work for them. If you hate the gym, a treadmill or bike will do just fine. Just up the intensity as your fitness improves. Good luck.