Weight Loss Motivation

IWantToBeHappy said:
I love this forum because I get so inspired by reading everyone elses posts so :) Thank you!!!!

I'm going to set myself a mini goal for the rest of the month. And check back in on the 2nd April for progress (1st of April - April Fools Day - just seemed like tempting fate to me!!! Lol)

Anyway, I thought it could be a cute idea if others wanted to join in too?

Could be any little goal you want. A kg amount? A daily water consumprion amount? A weekly excercise target? Cuting out a particular food or drink from your diet? Anything ;)

I also don't mind if I'm the only person who comments o_O. Lol :oops:

My mini goal is to loss 5kg in the month of March :p

What's Yours?

Xx
Yep I'm up for the mini goal of three litres of water per day... And a minimum of a 40 min walk everyday this week, done 20 mins already...

Lidz said:
Yep I'm up for the mini goal of three litres of water per day... And a minimum of a 40 min walk everyday this week, done 20 mins already...
They are great mini goals :) your 20 mins walking is WAY more productive than my 20mins trying to drink sour lemon juice o_O lol
Xx

o_O Ha ha ha oh my gosh, sour lemon water and funny face pulling :p love it!

The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around, that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area - just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same - your perception is just different! And you’ll never see the inside, if you aren’t patient while the outside is coming off!

This is such a simple explanation yet i never thought of it this way. This is a great little motivator for those of us who struggle to see where our hard work has gone lately. Its there. And the harder we work. The quicker our results will turn physical.

FIGHT THE FAT LADIES!!!

weight-loss-posters-motivation.gif

Xx

Weight Loss? This is one of the hottest and all topics that many of them look over internet When it comes to weight loss my research has generally led me time and time again to find the "good" and the "bad" in all these dieting fads. It is not easy to sort through all of them in order to find out what works. However, I have found Tips to Lose Weight Fast: Simple Steps, Based on Science that actually work.

My friend, Tracy and I had a run in with a couple of mean girls at the gym yesterday. We were on treadmills, and these two girls jumped on the two treadmills closest to my friend. They set the speed to around 3km/hr, and were looking at their phones and reading magazines etc.

My friend and I were both jogging on a slight incline, breathing hard and dripping sweat something crazy (anybody else sweating more than usual on Duromine?) when all of a sudden my friend stops her treadmill, looking very upset and gets off and walks towards the change room. I follow her and she tells me that the two girls had been making fun of us. One of them apparently had said; "Run fatties run!", to which the other replied "I wonder why they bother, they're just going to have Maccas for dinner tonight" And then they just laughed and laughed.

Now my friend has NEVER eaten at Maccas, and has always eaten really healthy. I'm talking quinoa, sprouted beans, flaxseed oil etc. She had pregnant with twins (after having several miscarriages and spending thousands of dollars on IVF) and lost them both within weeks of each other after birth. Then six months battling severe depression, so bad that at one point she didn't leave her bedroom for weeks. So knowing how bloody HARD it was for her to put her kit on and come with me to the gym, seeing her sobbing in the change rooms like that because of those effing morons, I was livid, I was so mad I was shaking.

Had it just been me, I would've let it go...like they're idiots and my mother taught me never to argue with the likes of them...and yeah who am I kidding, I used to go to Maccas, two - three times a week when I was doing shift work. But not Tracy.

I had seen these two in the gym before, usually lounging around on the stretch mats near the weights section (hello boys!), "stretching". Never actually seen them workout, unless you call re-applying lip gloss exercise. On several occasions, I caught them looking in my general direction, whispering and giggling but just chalked it up to being extremely self-conscious (you know when you think everyone is looking at you and talking about you but they're actually going about their business)...

At this point one of the gym staff had come into the change rooms and was with Tracy...so I make my way back to the gym area but they're gone. Probably a good thing not sure what I would've done. I was SOOO angry. Anyway Tracy and I made a formal complaint.Though it remains to be seen if anything will be done...never going back there though. I was thinking about it today and I just thought I would ask, has anyone else dealt with any "gym trolls"? If you have how do/did you deal with it? What happened, what did you say?

Here are some things I thought of after the fact:

" Hi, you don't know me or my friend but for some reason you think you know what we're going to have for dinner because we're fat. Because ALL fat people eat at Maccas, because that's how we all got fat in the first place. Right? I mean it's a scientific fact. NOT!"

"Do you have a problem with us being fat, does it offend you that we FATTIES are invading YOUR space? If you have such a problem with us being fat then, maybe you should be applauding us that we're in the effing gym trying to do something about it? Maccas your treat?"

" So after that little joke of yours at our expense, did your life change for the better? Did you get an all expenses paid trip to France, was money magically deposited into your account, did your boobs grow two cup sizes?"

But I probably would've just said;

"Eff off you skinny effing b****s!!"

People are rude, and yeah, for such 'species' like you described - making jokes of us overweight people does bring joy and elevates their self esteem unfortunately. I believe those 'ladies' only had eyes and big mouth, no brain though, otherwise they would have thought of how it made them feel, if someone else was laughing at their stupidity or some other defect, which I'm sure they have plenty. We all have our good and bad days - thoughts as well, but POLITE and educated people usually keep their opinion to themselves, like you did. And I think it was for the best that those creatures disappeared and you had no chance to vent your anger on them.:cool:

I know it hurts and I understand how hard it was for you both to join the gym that day, it is always difficult for the first time. I thought everybody was looking at me, in fact I caught a couple of unpleasant glances...but in my case, my trainer was near me and I felt confident, trying not to pay attention to anybody else. He just kept me busy all the time, showing exercises, how to breathe, etc. So, after a few sessions, I stopped noticing any negative reaction. I am certain, if there was at least one coach standing behind you, nobody would have been joking about you aloud. Still, everybody has the right to feel safe while exercising, since it is a public place and you paid money for it equally.o_O

I believe the policy of the gym (any) should have some reglament, stipulating certain behavior rules and those girls, not you should have been 'punished'.:mad: But in reality, money is the main thing for places like that, so they don't want to lose ANY clients. On the other hand, they lose much more clients, because many overweight and obese people are too shy and scared to start workout at gym in front of other people. So sorry that you had to stop visiting that gym, you shouldn't give up! It is your health, don't let such stupid people beat you. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do in this situation is stop paying attention and do what you need to do. If it happens again, try to speak with gym managers and change the time of sessions to avoid meeting those ladies (for example). Or join special yoga, pilates, tai-chi, etc. class - there are only people who actually want to improve their bodies working hard, not for fun.

I hope your friend recovered and you support her these days, as close friend's words can really help. I wish you both to fight and find your own way to a healthier body, don't give up! Bad people exist and will always be there, but you must be stronger, because it is your life and you should live it happily!

Many many hugs to you guys! Sending you good vibes!:)

Reactions: sandy19
Thank you so much, Kate for your reply and for the hugs and good vibes :) I am going to print it out and give a copy to Tracy. She has withdrawn into herself and I'm afraid it will be a while before she works up the courage to leave her house again. Until then, I'll be heading over to her house with a selection of workout DVDs that we can do together. Hopefully your message will help a bit. Make her feel less alone.

Regarding the gym, I'm taking part in the Premier's Active April and as an incentive to move more, once registered you get 10 free gym sessions at one of the participating gyms. I have (sorry had) like three sessions left but not going to bother. I figured that's why the gym management didn't do much, its not like I'm paying them or anything so why hassle paying members even if they are total numpties.

I generally do ignore negative people like that, there's only so many hours in my day and I sure as hell don't want to waste a minute of it engaged in a senseless argument/fight/altercation with someone I do not know, who I do not care about and who will probably never see again. I surprised/scared myself storming out of the changerooms like that. That was so not me...I clearly was not thinking straight. (Now as I type this I'm thinking maybe that was a side effect from the duromine? Some people report becoming more emotional, quicker to anger? o_O).

Thanks again for reaching out. I really do appreciate it.

Hey Sandy,
Having previously worked at a gym as a membership consultant/Admin, bullying is something that is absolutely not tolerated by most fitness clubs.
Your best bet would be to speak to the club manager and raise your concerns with them, most Club staff are aware of 'muscle heads' or 'gym trolls' and that behaviour is not welcome and is generally addressed immediately, it could result in a warning to the member(s) or, depending on how serious they take it, example if its been an ongoing issue with the member, they could terminate the membership.

Be assured that most normal people at a gym who see larger members working out usually respect that you are there. It seems like you just had a very misfortunate run in with some immature, shallow girls.
Hope this helps, keep up the good work.

Reactions: Kate
sandy19 said:
Thank you so much, Kate for your reply and for the hugs and good vibes :) I am going to print it out and give a copy to Tracy. She has withdrawn into herself and I'm afraid it will be a while before she works up the courage to leave her house again. Until then, I'll be heading over to her house with a selection of workout DVDs that we can do together. Hopefully your message will help a bit. Make her feel less alone.

Regarding the gym, I'm taking part in the Premier's Active April and as an incentive to move more, once registered you get 10 free gym sessions at one of the participating gyms. I have (sorry had) like three sessions left but not going to bother. I figured that's why the gym management didn't do much, its not like I'm paying them or anything so why hassle paying members even if they are total numpties.

I generally do ignore negative people like that, there's only so many hours in my day and I sure as hell don't want to waste a minute of it engaged in a senseless argument/fight/altercation with someone I do not know, who I do not care about and who will probably never see again. I surprised/scared myself storming out of the changerooms like that. That was so not me...I clearly was not thinking straight. (Now as I type this I'm thinking maybe that was a side effect from the duromine? Some people report becoming more emotional, quicker to anger? o_O).

Thanks again for reaching out. I really do appreciate it.

You're welcome! I wish my words could help your friend, I really do! Please tell her that she did the first great step forward by going to gym with you - nothing else matters. She feels weak now, it is OK to feel like that, but she is not alone! We are here for you and for her. Completely strange people, but people who care about her, because I myself was obese long ago and had my issues with belief and depressed moods. It was sooo difficult sometimes to even get up in the morning and keep trying to change my usual routine to become who I am now. Tell her that it took me almost two difficult years to see the changes, but my friends and family helped a lot. And today, I am totally different person, I look in the mirror and see a new person - slim, confident, strong and proud of myself. And now I know that everything is possible if you have a strong faith in yourself.

Tracy, I am adressing this message to you - you CAN achieve what many of us here achieved, what we dreamed about for so many years! Please accept your friends' help, I am saying friends because you have many new ones here, including me! You are not alone, you did nothing bad, you can move forward, little steps at a time, but please just don't give up! Your journey may seem slow, but with every single day and effort you are coming closer to a new slimmer you! In the end, you have one body and one health, it is all that matters. Prove yourself that you can have anything you want, because you deserve it! :):):)

Kandice said:
Hey Sandy,
Having previously worked at a gym as a membership consultant/Admin, bullying is something that is absolutely not tolerated by most fitness clubs.
Your best bet would be to speak to the club manager and raise your concerns with them, most Club staff are aware of 'muscle heads' or 'gym trolls' and that behaviour is not welcome and is generally addressed immediately, it could result in a warning to the member(s) or, depending on how serious they take it, example if its been an ongoing issue with the member, they could terminate the membership.

Be assured that most normal people at a gym who see larger members working out usually respect that you are there. It seems like you just had a very misfortunate run in with some immature, shallow girls.
Hope this helps, keep up the good work.
Thank you Kandice for your honest reply. It is very important to know people like you do care and do their best to support other people. I was pleasantly surprised that your club (hope others too) take measures to prevent incidents like Sandy described. I totally agree with you - it is not acceptable to behave in such a way, especially in the place where people try to improve their health.

sandy19 said:
My friend, Tracy and I had a run in with a couple of mean girls at the gym yesterday. We were on treadmills, and these two girls jumped on the two treadmills closest to my friend. They set the speed to around 3km/hr, and were looking at their phones and reading magazines etc.

My friend and I were both jogging on a slight incline, breathing hard and dripping sweat something crazy (anybody else sweating more than usual on Duromine?) when all of a sudden my friend stops her treadmill, looking very upset and gets off and walks towards the change room. I follow her and she tells me that the two girls had been making fun of us. One of them apparently had said; "Run fatties run!", to which the other replied "I wonder why they bother, they're just going to have Maccas for dinner tonight" And then they just laughed and laughed.

Now my friend has NEVER eaten at Maccas, and has always eaten really healthy. I'm talking quinoa, sprouted beans, flaxseed oil etc. She had pregnant with twins (after having several miscarriages and spending thousands of dollars on IVF) and lost them both within weeks of each other after birth. Then six months battling severe depression, so bad that at one point she didn't leave her bedroom for weeks. So knowing how bloody HARD it was for her to put her kit on and come with me to the gym, seeing her sobbing in the change rooms like that because of those effing morons, I was livid, I was so mad I was shaking.

Had it just been me, I would've let it go...like they're idiots and my mother taught me never to argue with the likes of them...and yeah who am I kidding, I used to go to Maccas, two - three times a week when I was doing shift work. But not Tracy.

I had seen these two in the gym before, usually lounging around on the stretch mats near the weights section (hello boys!), "stretching". Never actually seen them workout, unless you call re-applying lip gloss exercise. On several occasions, I caught them looking in my general direction, whispering and giggling but just chalked it up to being extremely self-conscious (you know when you think everyone is looking at you and talking about you but they're actually going about their business)...

At this point one of the gym staff had come into the change rooms and was with Tracy...so I make my way back to the gym area but they're gone. Probably a good thing not sure what I would've done. I was SOOO angry. Anyway Tracy and I made a formal complaint.Though it remains to be seen if anything will be done...never going back there though. I was thinking about it today and I just thought I would ask, has anyone else dealt with any "gym trolls"? If you have how do/did you deal with it? What happened, what did you say?

Here are some things I thought of after the fact:

" Hi, you don't know me or my friend but for some reason you think you know what we're going to have for dinner because we're fat. Because ALL fat people eat at Maccas, because that's how we all got fat in the first place. Right? I mean it's a scientific fact. NOT!"

"Do you have a problem with us being fat, does it offend you that we FATTIES are invading YOUR space? If you have such a problem with us being fat then, maybe you should be applauding us that we're in the effing gym trying to do something about it? Maccas your treat?"

" So after that little joke of yours at our expense, did your life change for the better? Did you get an all expenses paid trip to France, was money magically deposited into your account, did your boobs grow two cup sizes?"

But I probably would've just said;

"Eff off you skinny effing b****s!!"
I'm so sorry this has happened and its so uncool. Those type of girls are the reason why so many of us don't like to go to the gym. I belong to a gym which was done up about 2 years ago. Before it changed I used to love going there was an absence of girls like that. Since it was done up, it looks great and the equipment is first quality but now all these what I call gym waifs are all turning up. Granted they don't appear to be mean but I get intimidated looking at skinny waifs with swishy pony tails and boney shoulders who don't even work up a sweat. I rarely see an overweight person in my gym (other than I) but when you're u do they get looked at. So unfair. My husband says it looks good for the gym to see fit looking people there but it's also off putting. I've seen new girls get upset and leave after a few minutes because they're so uncomfortable. I don't know what can be done.

I was reading one of ur other posts but can't find it. How much have you lost now? I'm 99 kg and 171cm tall and starting tomorrow.

Reactions: Madaselle
Wow Laura Kate.. you must feel Amazing!! I feel so heavy - my back and legs hurt with 25kg to lose.. how wonderful for you!!

Reactions: Aaliyha_Rose
My mini goal for this week is to gym x 3 a week. I'm not really feeling like it today. Melbourne's dreary weather has gotten to me so I'm still convincing myself to go.

Hey Laura, are you concerned about putting weight back on when you stop?
I also have a big number to loose (35kg) so not as big as your, but enough to scare me shitless about the possibility having a lovely body for only the time it takes to gain it back without the tablets.
I've only just started (2 days) but have a clear plan regarding changing my diet, exercising more and seeing a dietician. I just worry it might not be enough. Would love to hear your thoughts.

that's just disgusting