Weight Loss Motivation

Thanks! So is 2kgs!

I am not doing any special diet other than counting calories using the myfitnesspal app. Generally eat around the 1200 calories per day mark. I have still been eating carbs, just not a lot (like one piece of toast at breakfast, or 1 piece of garlic bread at dinner).

I walk my dog for 40mins-1 hour most mornings which is my exercise.

I had actually already lost 12kgs in the last 5 months on my own, but had started getting back in to bad eating and drinking habits again so needed something to give me a kick and to curb my appetite!

Are you sleeping any better now? I find I can get to sleep okay now, but still wake up at 4.30am everyday bright and chirpy, lol

What country are you in?

Hey ladies - I find exercising in the afternoon has really helped me get sleep at night. I'm getting around 8 hours now, doing 30mins walk in the morning and around 40 minutes at the gym at night :)

Reactions: Louise70
Thanks for the tip Lemonsweets. Might have to give that a try once my new treadmill arrives. The last one was faulty so waiting on a replacement.

Pammyz said:
Thanks! So is 2kgs!

I am not doing any special diet other than counting calories using the myfitnesspal app. Generally eat around the 1200 calories per day mark. I have still been eating carbs, just not a lot (like one piece of toast at breakfast, or 1 piece of garlic bread at dinner).

I walk my dog for 40mins-1 hour most mornings which is my exercise.

I had actually already lost 12kgs in the last 5 months on my own, but had started getting back in to bad eating and drinking habits again so needed something to give me a kick and to curb my appetite!

Are you sleeping any better now? I find I can get to sleep okay now, but still wake up at 4.30am everyday bright and chirpy, lol

What country are you in?

Hey Pammyz,

Thank you... It has motivated me a lot.

Actually, i am sleeping a lot better now since i started taking D early in the morning right after my workouts. I take it at 5am now. This has drastically improved my sleep. Although today im feeling a bit drained. Im not sure if I'm overdoing it with the workout. I think i should have at least on rest day. My body feel tired.

I am 32 years old and i live in South Africa, Durban.

What country are you in?

LemonSweets said:
Hey ladies - I find exercising in the afternoon has really helped me get sleep at night. I'm getting around 8 hours now, doing 30mins walk in the morning and around 40 minutes at the gym at night :)

Hi LemonSweets,

Thank you for the tip...i admire your energy!! exercising twice a day wow...i will give it a try once my energy levels improve.

I am also 32 and live in New Zealand.

Just weighed myself being the end of the week and nothing has changed really in the last couple of days. I am going to try and stay off the scales until this time next week. 3.6kgs for the first week isn't bad.

From what I have read the weight loss will slow a bit now. I suppose it would come if quicker if I was eating hardly anything, but i am trying to make sure I have small healthy meals that I can continue with after duromine.

I didn't gain the weight over night, so it won't come off overnight! Dammit, lol

I day off won't hurt you. I didn't do any exercise yesterday other than cleaning the house as the weather was pretty awful. I still slept fine last night.

I keep telling myself the same thing, that i did not gain the weight in a day or a month so I will not loose the weight in a day or month...

I weigh myself once a week, I fear the scale lol because previously it has caused me a lot of heartache. But this time I am looking forward to going on it I do feel a lot different and i am really committed to eating healthy. Lately, my appetite is non existent especially in the evening supper is a mission to get down so i keep it light.

I also had a good night last night my sleep patterns are improving.

Sunday will be my rest days i should learn to listen to my body!!! Somehow I fear the weekends because usually weekends are when temptations strike!!! i will have to be strong.

Weekends are the worst! I always want a bourbon which leads to snacking.

Well I have decided duromine is not for me. Just got sick of the ups and downs all day, and not feeling like myself. I didn't take any this morning and I already feel normal which is great.

I know I can do this on my own. I think the last week has helped though. Got me back into good eating habits.

Hi Pammyz,

Was so busy I haven"t logged in for a very long time.

I hope you are well.

You have to do what you feel is right for yourself. If you feel that it is no longer good for you then stop. I admire you seems like you have a lot of self control. It has also helped me get my eating in check.

Side effects have gone down drastically. I am sleeping through the night. The dry mouth is still there though.

I feel very rested this week. I stayed indoors all weekend and just slept. My body feels brand new. It helped me so much.

PicMonkey-Collage.jpg

Reactions: Kate and Kezza65
I love this forum because I get so inspired by reading everyone elses posts so :) Thank you!!!!

I'm going to set myself a mini goal for the rest of the month. And check back in on the 2nd April for progress (1st of April - April Fools Day - just seemed like tempting fate to me!!! Lol)

Anyway, I thought it could be a cute idea if others wanted to join in too?

Could be any little goal you want. A kg amount? A daily water consumprion amount? A weekly excercise target? Cuting out a particular food or drink from your diet? Anything ;)

I also don't mind if I'm the only person who comments o_O. Lol :oops:

My mini goal is to loss 5kg in the month of March :p

What's Yours?

Xx

Thank you, IWantToBeHappy!
You chose the most motivting pictures for today. I really hope they can help many people here.

Reactions: IWantToBeHappy
Kate said:
Thank you, IWantToBeHappy!
You chose the most motivting pictures for today. I really hope they can help many people here.

Thanks Kate :)
They're not for everyone but I hope afew people will like them. I used to send similar types to my staff during times of stress (not weight loss ones but motivational ones none the less) and they used to tell me they appreciated them and it made them just stop for a second and rethink things. I hope they may have a similar effect here :).
Xx