April said:
This is exactly what I was thinking. You already were eating pretty well and exercising. This is why the weight isn’t moving. You need to try something like alternating the caloric value of your menu. You ate 1200 calories yesterday. Up this amount by 200-300 calories today and tomorrow, and continue with 1200. So sorry that Duromine did not help with the cravings. Still, we should not lose hope, because I know cases where its effect developed in full only by about day 9. Fingers crossed you will get this effect. Any other effects? Hunger suppression?

Boxing classes are great! They help you build muscles quite effectively, so you might be noticing changes in the way your body looks, and not changes on the scales. Did you do any measurements?

I hope everything will go nice and smooth. Just don’t be nervous about the weight loss. Focus on good changes you have introduced in your life and how good these changes are for your health. You will surely lose weight, don’t get discouraged. Chin up!

Thanks for the advice and support! I don't have any recent measurements, but maybe I'll take some.

No hunger suppression, it's weird! I feel like I've been given a placebo or something! I might make an appt with my doctor after week 2 if nothing changes and see if there is anything she recommends.

Try not weigh yourself until the script runs out, I just started on duromine 30 again. weighed myself at the doctors and was shocked when 8kg had fallen off me. Now on month two.

lucindle said:
Thanks for the advice and support! I don't have any recent measurements, but maybe I'll take some.

No hunger suppression, it's weird! I feel like I've been given a placebo or something! I might make an appt with my doctor after week 2 if nothing changes and see if there is anything she recommends.

Hello Lucindle. Any progress? Any changes?

April said:
Hello Lucindle. Any progress? Any changes?

nope!
But I'm not giving up, trying out different meal plans to find what suits me!

lucindle said:
nope!

Darn! Are you still visiting the boxing classes? Did you take any measurements in addition to the weigh ins? Are you sure you eat 1200 calories and not less or more? Hunger suppression might work in a different way by still keeping you hungry several times a day, yet making you feel full from small amounts of food. May be, it is your case? Try to listen to yourself when you eat and don’t eat too fast. Idk what else to think… hoping you will start seeing results soon. The weight has to move if you do anything well and have no serious problems with the hormonal profile.

lucindle said:
nope!

Hello Lucindle! Dropped in to see how you are doing and send you some positive vibes! Hope the weight finally shifts. Have a fun and active weekend!

Hi guys,
I started duromine 30mg on Saturday. 6 days in and I have lost nothing nor feel any symptoms beside very dry mouth. I'm 62kgs and 157cm tall (or short should I say)
I went on duromine about 9 years ago and lost nearly 5kgs in 2 weeks and i was only 48kg!!!
Does it just not work for some people?
Kind of disappointed as I was expecting the weight to just fall off

You do need to diet to loose weight. I am using myfitnesspal app to count calories and its working. I'm losing 1K a week which is what the experts recommended. I am having 1200k a day.. I am big and tall and they put me at 1420k a day at first but it was too much. It always gets harder than it was last time too.. sadly. Keep it up.

Reactions: Meangirl and April
Thank you:)
I haven't been eating a great deal and trying to cut carbs out as much as possible. Although I do enjoy a beer which could be a part of the problem.
I guess I will just have to hold out and see how it goes:)

It's not a magic pill unfortunately, you still need to eat healthily and watch your calorie in take. Alcohol has a lot of calories in it so might be a good idea to keep track of your calories and how much you are consuming.

Yep I know that now. I was just expecting it to work like it did for me years ago.
Thank you, I will look into the calories side of things.

Good luck with it Emie! It's a hard balance finding what works for you. Remember though you want to be able to maintain the weight loss longterm, so try and use the duromine as an aide to instill good eating habits!

Thanks so much. Yep it's helping me not eat as much and avoid carbs more to. Which is good for me. I'm a type 1 diabetic so my insulin is pretty much like eating 2 meals :/. Hopefully I can lose some weight, good luck to you also and thanks for the reply :)

Hello Emie! I hope that you start eating healthy, frequently and avoid beer. Did you hear that bear is liquid bread? Products with high GI are the worst thing you can give your body in the evening, if your aim is to lose weight. Keep it strong! You can do it!
PS. find exercises that you like and do them. If you like to dance, get into Zumba sessions... there are plenty of good workouts on youtube. Choose the ones you like the most. good luck!

Emie said:
Hi guys,
I started duromine 30mg on Saturday. 6 days in and I have lost nothing nor feel any symptoms beside very dry mouth. I'm 62kgs and 157cm tall (or short should I say)
I went on duromine about 9 years ago and lost nearly 5kgs in 2 weeks and i was only 48kg!!!
Does it just not work for some people?
Kind of disappointed as I was expecting the weight to just fall off

Hi Emie, just wanting to know how you got your prescription. I went to the docs today and asked for it since it did wonders as a kickstarter a few years ago. She said no. I'm 155cm tall and 65kgs Don't they realise it'll be harder the longer I am this way? So frustrating. I just want 1mth worth then revisit but nope . Got any advice? Should I see another doc?

Hi Novalei87,

I actually thought the doctor wouldn't give it to me either, he couldn't check my heart rate as it was through the roof cause I was so nervous. If you look up a BMI calculator, for our height and that weight we are just over the healthy BMI so maybe mention that to her. If she still declines giving it to you it might be worth going to another Doctor:) My Doctor happily gave it to me and I just made a follow appointment a week later so he could monitor how I was going. Where abouts are you located?

Thanks for your reply April:)
I eat healthy, which is why I am always confused as to why my weight always stays the same :/. Although I don't do a great deal of exercise, I am active through out the day. I work with children so I'm always out for walks with them or playing a parks. They keep me on my toes. I am going to start doing the YouTube programs at home and hopefully see some results (and hopefully stick it out lol) :)

Emie said:
Hi Novalei87,

I actually thought the doctor wouldn't give it to me either, he couldn't check my heart rate as it was through the roof cause I was so nervous. If you look up a BMI calculator, for our height and that weight we are just over the healthy BMI so maybe mention that to her. If she still declines giving it to you it might be worth going to another Doctor:) My Doctor happily gave it to me and I just made a follow appointment a week later so he could monitor how I was going. Where abouts are you located?

Hi Emie,
I'm in Cairns QLD. Will ask another doc. I said I know I'm in the overweight category for bmi and would like to do something abpit it before getting worse. I've been very good with eating and exercising 4 days a week (1hr x2 days 2hr x2days) ans I nees some encouragement to continue as I'm not seeing results. I've had B12, Iron and Thyroid checked and all fine. Think I must have got a hard arse so will try another medical centre. Thanks for replying and good luck on your weightloss journey.

Hi Novalei87,

Wow your doing good with your exercise. That's one thing I need to start doing. I'm always on my feet walking and park play with kids but I never exercise on my own - your doing a great job!
Yes, definitely go and see another doctor. I'm sure you'll be able to get it.
Would be nice if it was as easy to lose as it is to gain.
Good luck, let me know how you go :)

Emie said:
Thanks for your reply April:)
I eat healthy, which is why I am always confused as to why my weight always stays the same :/. Although I don't do a great deal of exercise, I am active through out the day. I work with children so I'm always out for walks with them or playing a parks. They keep me on my toes. I am going to start doing the YouTube programs at home and hopefully see some results (and hopefully stick it out lol) :)

Oh good! I am glad that you have decided to get into exercising. I would advise you to get into exercises that build strength, since you already have a great deal of cardio (walking and running in the park with kids). As for healthy nutrition.. if you really want to figure out what is going on and have 5 minutes, I would appreciate you telling what and when you eat, each bite. Either way, I hope that the weight starts shifting. A great day to you!