Hi April,

Of course. Breakfast is the same everyday - 2 cups of tea with milk. I have never been a breakfast person which I know isn't good. Lunch varies from a salad with meat, a salad and meat sandwich on low carb multigrain bread, cruskits. Sometimes I don't even eat lunch. Dinner is always some kind of meat and lots of veggies. I have cut out potato though, I rarely eat it anymore. I find myself not eating as much as that way I don't have to take as much insulin. I downloaded my fitness pal yesterday and I was way under my daily intake of calories. So maybe the issue is im not eating enough? I obviously have cheat days where I'll eat a hamburger or a white bread roll. Or if I'm out for dinner I'll have steak chips and salad. But that's not something that happens regularly. Ever since I was diagnosed with diabetes, I haven't been able to shift any weight :/

Emie said:
Hi April,

Of course. Breakfast is the same everyday - 2 cups of tea with milk. I have never been a breakfast person which I know isn't good. Lunch varies from a salad with meat, a salad and meat sandwich on low carb multigrain bread, cruskits. Sometimes I don't even eat lunch. Dinner is always some kind of meat and lots of veggies. I have cut out potato though, I rarely eat it anymore. I find myself not eating as much as that way I don't have to take as much insulin. I downloaded my fitness pal yesterday and I was way under my daily intake of calories. So maybe the issue is im not eating enough? I obviously have cheat days where I'll eat a hamburger or a white bread roll. Or if I'm out for dinner I'll have steak chips and salad. But that's not something that happens regularly. Ever since I was diagnosed with diabetes, I haven't been able to shift any weight :/

Hi Emie. That is exactly what I thought. You don’t eat enough… That’s the problem. You need to try and introduce breakfast into your life. Really… oatmeal/eggs/cottage cheese – you can cook so many varieties of dishes with these products and enjoy them in the morning. If you don’t mind, I would suggest you taking a closer look to the DASH diet. Your aim is not just the weight loss, but some health benefits, as well. And while losing weight already implies positive changes in your body, you might consider getting a bit more of those. =) Hopefully, this article will help you understand what and how much you should eat during the day.

Did you give a good thinking and choosing to exercises? Did you chose anything? Need any advice?

Have an amazing day!

Last edited:
Hi April:)
So due to not eating enough I would not lose weight? It's so strange the way the body works hey. I could eat toast for breakfast (I only eat a low carb multigrain bread) or yoghurt. I can't have egg and I'm not a fan of oatmeal.
I'm just going to try stick to the YouTube site I found for now with exercise on the days I don't work full days where I'm out with the kids.
But I'm very open and happy for you to suggest things for me to do

Emie said:
Hi April:)
So due to not eating enough I would not lose weight? It's so strange the way the body works hey. I could eat toast for breakfast (I only eat a low carb multigrain bread) or yoghurt. I can't have egg and I'm not a fan of oatmeal.
I'm just going to try stick to the YouTube site I found for now with exercise on the days I don't work full days where I'm out with the kids.
But I'm very open and happy for you to suggest things for me to do

Hello Emie! I am sorry for not answering right away. Yes, our bodies are too complex to understand them without trials and errors. However, many people report of losing a lot more weight in a higher pace, when they begin consuming more calories from healthy foods and exercise at least moderately, instead of eating under 1000 calories.

No oatmeal, ok, fine.. there are so many cereals that you can use to make a good hot porridge that will fill you up and add up to the amount of your calories and healthy carbs. Toast is good (whole grain)… adding avocado+tuna+tomato or something you like will help you enjoy a delicious breakfast and make your metabolism going faster. I am not saying of building a pile of products on a piece of bread =)) moderation is our everything! =) Hope that you’re doing well and enjoying your day!

I am much the same
Exactly one month taking duromine and am down 4.6kg but I lost 2.5 in the first week and then 2in the third week and nothing else
I am following My Fitness pal and eating healthy 1200calories a day and walking 5km x 5 days a week. Why is it not falling off faster? I’m feeling defeated.

Riss said:
I am much the same
Exactly one month taking duromine and am down 4.6kg but I lost 2.5 in the first week and then 2in the third week and nothing else
I am following My Fitness pal and eating healthy 1200calories a day and walking 5km x 5 days a week. Why is it not falling off faster? I’m feeling defeated.

Hi Riss, you need to change something in your routine.
  • Increase or decrease your daily caloric value by 10-20% for 1-2 days, and continue with your usual menu
  • Add new exercises or increase the intensity of the ones that you do now.
It is not falling off faster because your body gets used to the same things and needs a good shake at times, or because you are close to your goal weight. Best of luck! Congrats on the weight loss! Well done!

Hi everyone. I'm on day 3 of taking Duromine. I have weighed myself. And I have actually put on 0.5kgs instead of losing weight :(
I need help! Would anyone know the reason to gaining weight??

The reason to weight gain can be:
  1. Water retention (side effect)
  2. Water retention (because you drink too little water)
  3. Water retention (this time of month)
  4. Incorrect nutrition
  5. Your body is adapting to Duromine action
  6. You consume insufficient amount of food, and your body tries to store every little crumble that enters it
  7. You started any other medication that makes you gain weight
  8. You are pregnant (=), just listing all the possibilities)
  9. You moved the scales/used other scales when weighing for the first time
  10. Your weight is normally fluctuating (fluctuates seriously during the day)
  11. Ran out of ideas, but still hope that everything starts working as it should.
Best of luck!

That's odd because I also don't eat much. I'll have a small bowl of cereal in the morning, maybe an apple in the evening, and usually like eggs or chicken at dinner, but I really don't eat much. And I don't drink a lot of water and ice lost 3kg in 4 days.. Is this normal?

Hi everyone, Ive been on Duromine for 16 days. I started with 88.2kgs and now currently 85.7kgs. I went on Duromine for 16 days straight and the effect of the pill had stopped I was eating like I used to before, so my appetite was back and since day 1 I had no side effects at all. So I stopped and gave myself a 3 day break. Today is the 30th and I took Duromine again at 8:30am. It has absolutely made no effect again.

Whats going on?
Someone please help! need to lose 10kgs by 5 weeks!!

Like I said… the dose might be insufficient for you, or your body might develop tolerance to the action of Duromine. Or you need to be more attentive to your nutrition and exercising. I hope that someone else comes and also gives you a good advice.

April said:
Like I said… the dose might be insufficient for you, or your body might develop tolerance to the action of Duromine. Or you need to be more attentive to your nutrition and exercising. I hope that someone else comes and also gives you a good advice.

Hi April, yes i did stick to what you told me before hand with the nutrition and exercise. I was switching up my calories from 700-1200 with high intensity training.
Not sure why its stopped its effect it hasnt even been 3 weeks.

Did you consider the possibility of switching to 40 mg? probably, your body developed tolerance to it… sorry

April said:
Did you consider the possibility of switching to 40 mg? probably, your body developed tolerance to it… sorry

Hi, i went on the 40s. Ive been taking it for two days now. See how it goes though. Still no side effects other than a dry mouth.

I hope everything goes well. Not having side effects is a good thing. If it suppresses your appetite and does nothing bad to your body, it’s a huge advantage! Use it and enjoy weight loss. Best of luck!

Hi April, im still going with the 40g. However I just put on 0.5kg instead of losing anything this whole week. I am currently on my periods. Would that have any affect on my weight loss?

Hey.. Period always affects your weight, whether you are on Duromine or not. However, when it’s over, please try another trick. Instead of lowering the calories to the critical level for a couple of days, increase them. We need to find a sort of lever to make that ball rolling… have a great week!

Hi there

I've been on Duromine 30mg for 10 days now and haven't had a decrease in hunger. My energy has increased a bit and sleep was sh*t the first 3 nights but normal now.
Still no weight loss and I exercise regularly and see a PT. I still have bad food cravings and I would say I eat well 80% of the time. I started Duromine as I have PCOS and already struggle to lose weight even with regular exercise and healthy eating. If anyone has had similar experiences I'd love to hear. Thank you.

oh my... still didn't kick in... your body might need a higher dose. What's your weight, if it's not a secret?

Hey my weight is 86kg and I'm 164cm