wow, that's great!! 6kg in 3 weeks! I hope I have the same sort of success! Your goals sound achievable so I'm sure you'll have no problems & be on your way to a more healthy & happy you very soon! :)
I'm on the start of my 3rd day. I'm still not having any real side effects- dry mouth isn't so bad anymore (not sure if I've just got used to it or what.) Sleeping between 5-6 hours. I feel awake but I don't feel overly energetic....& that is the main reason I wanted the duromine as appetite & over eating wasn't really my issue. I'd always been a fit person doing bootcamps, gym etc & loved it. However moved & started a new job one where I'm on my bum all day & dont have a lot of opportunities to move, then when I get home I'm just tired & can't be bothered....so the weight crept on til I was out at a family dinner & someone snapped a pic of me & put it on Facebook .....yeah well let's just say I really hated myself for the next few days I couldn't stop looking at it but at the same time it made me feel so angry, ugly & sick! :-( So initially when I weighed myself after that pic I was 76kg the heaviest I've ever been I'm 168cm tall...I then lost 2.5kg on my own just through diet. I'd been toying with the idea of duromine for a while but didn't think I'd be given it & didn't want to be embarrassed by being told no & to work harder by a doctor....randomly I just found GP2U thought oh well if he starts saying no I'll just cut my losses & end the phone call ha ha.
Sooo I'll just put my stats below
Height- 168cm
CW- 73.5 (haven't weighed myself since starting but I doubt there'd be a loss in 3 days haha- wishful thinking!)
GW1- 67kg by the start of Aug
FGW- 63.....hopefully by October
I best get ready for work. I hope you have a great day :)

Sunshines said:
wow, that's great!! 6kg in 3 weeks! I hope I have the same sort of success! Your goals sound achievable so I'm sure you'll have no problems & be on your way to a more healthy & happy you very soon! :)
I'm on the start of my 3rd day. I'm still not having any real side effects- dry mouth isn't so bad anymore (not sure if I've just got used to it or what.) Sleeping between 5-6 hours. I feel awake but I don't feel overly energetic....& that is the main reason I wanted the duromine as appetite & over eating wasn't really my issue. I'd always been a fit person doing bootcamps, gym etc & loved it. However moved & started a new job one where I'm on my bum all day & dont have a lot of opportunities to move, then when I get home I'm just tired & can't be bothered....so the weight crept on til I was out at a family dinner & someone snapped a pic of me & put it on Facebook .....yeah well let's just say I really hated myself for the next few days I couldn't stop looking at it but at the same time it made me feel so angry, ugly & sick! :-( So initially when I weighed myself after that pic I was 76kg the heaviest I've ever been I'm 168cm tall...I then lost 2.5kg on my own just through diet. I'd been toying with the idea of duromine for a while but didn't think I'd be given it & didn't want to be embarrassed by being told no & to work harder by a doctor....randomly I just found GP2U thought oh well if he starts saying no I'll just cut my losses & end the phone call ha ha.
Sooo I'll just put my stats below
Height- 168cm
CW- 73.5 (haven't weighed myself since starting but I doubt there'd be a loss in 3 days haha- wishful thinking!)
GW1- 67kg by the start of Aug
FGW- 63.....hopefully by October
I best get ready for work. I hope you have a great day :)
Ah the dreaded Facebook photos! I hate photos of myself right now too. And it sucks as I have 2 young kids who I'd love to have photos with more often but my weight puts me right off!
You are lucky to not have many side effects. I slept so shit for the first week and my bowel movements, even now are pretty ordinary. I didn't get the dry mouth but am thirsty all the time. I hope you have a good day too and I hope you get the burst of energy you are looking for.

April said:
Hello Melonhelen! First of all, congratulations on that win! I am so happy for you! You managed to achieve the weight you wanted, and I am sure you will get back there!!!

Again… way to go! You’re doing very well with your current results! I hope you will find some time to share a bit of your routine, so that other users, those who go through the course now, and the newcomers, could get the inspiration and the idea of how they can achieve their goals. You’re great! A lovely day to you!
Thanks April! I hadn't even thought of putting my routine here, so here's what I do and what I've changed.

Ok so first of all I was a big coffee drinker, sometimes 6 a day if I'm catching up with people. I have 2 sugars in my coffee so that's a lot of sugar in a day. Now I'm only having one coffee in the morning, still with 2 sugars. That's one thing I won't change as I need to make realistic changes for it to work out in the long run. The rest of the day I just drink water and have a cup of tea in the afternoon. I've cut out bread, potatoes, rice and pasta. I will start reintroducing them slowly after another month.
My average day is like this
I wake up around 6am to do a workout. I just find one on YouTube that I like and do that 6 days a week til I'm comfortable with it then change to do a different one. I'm doing low impact high intensity til I lose a bit more weight. I do about 35 minutes 6 days a week and have one day off to rest. I have breakfast after I cool down and it's usually some oats, sultana bran or poached eggs. For lunch I usually have a mountain bread wrap with a heap of spinach and other salad and some chicken. For dinner I have a small piece of meat, rump chicken or fish with salad or a heap of vegetables. For snacks I eat a handful of prunes to help my bowels and I'll have some corn thins with avocado or tomato. Sometimes I'll make a shake with coconut milk, berries and half a banana.

Hello Melonhelen! Thank you very much for sharing your routine. God, I love your attitude to changes! Right, they should be the ones you will be able to stick to for the rest of your life. And I like your exercising routine. If you have the forces and a couple of minutes, you can slightly enhance the effect and do plank exercises in the evening. About 5 minutes, yet the effect is great.

Love your menu! Only thing I would change is to add up some seeds and nuts to the menu. Not too much. Some sesame seeds on the chicken or some pumpkin seeds in salad, a couple of nuts along with the prunes. I always advise these, because they bring so many health benefits to the female body. A great day to you!

Reactions: Melonhelen
Hey April, I'm not a huge fan of nuts and seeds as they get stuck in my teeth! I do add pine nuts and walnuts to my salads as they are nice and soft. I do planks in some of my workouts, but I know they are so good for you're whole body so I'll take that on board thank you :)

Reactions: April
Hey there! How’s it going? Pine nuts and walnuts in salads – great choice, I am calm now =)) Girls should never forget about good things they get from food that benefit their appearance.

Happy to hear you plan to introduce planks on a regular basis. You will be proud with your achievements, I am sure. Have a great day and enjoy a great mood!

Hey April, all is good here thanks. I don't take duromine on Sundays and that's my day off exercise too so I had a nice rest day yesterday. Got straight back into it this morning before my kids woke up and I'm really starting to notice changes. When I started working out, all my core exercises that I do laying down, I would have to do the modified version. Now I can just follow what the instructor is doing and I can feel my muscles coming back (under the flab haha) my only real downfall in all this is the fact I can't go to the toilet properly without using something to help. The chemist has said it's fine for me to use a mix of movicol and less frequently, laxatives for the time that I'm on duromine as upping my water and fibre is just doing nothing for me. Looking at the big picture it's not one of the worst side effects so I can't complain too much. Thanks for checking in :)

So I did my measurements yesterday and so far I have lost
10cm from my bust
12cm from my waist
12cm from my stomach
7cm from my hips/bum
7cm from my thighs-yay
I'm pretty happy that I've finally lost a bit from my thighs as that's usually my trouble area. Anyway I'm off to do my exercise before my kids wake up so have a great day :)

WOOOOW!!! The stats are fantastic! My congratulations to you and keep it up! A great day to you, too!

Hello Melonhelen! How are you feeling today? Still going strong and forward, like an express train? Hope you do and would love to hear from you! Have a great day!

April said:
Hello Melonhelen! How are you feeling today? Still going strong and forward, like an express train? Hope you do and would love to hear from you! Have a great day!
Hey April, I am well thanks and still going strong! I've been doing HIIT workouts the last couple days, just for something different. They get my heart rate going like no other workout that's for sure! I can do burpees now for the first time in a long time so I'm pretty happy about that :)

Sunshines said:
Hi there :)

I literally just got off a call with a online doc who has given me duromine (will pick it up after work) I can't share anything yet, obviously, but I'd love to chat be your support buddy if that's what you're looking for :)
I'm a bit nervous after ready the side effects I'm already a moody cow since putting on this weight!! Anyways I'm here if you'd like to chat.
Sunshines

are you able to share what online doc you used?

Melonhelen said:
Hey April, I am well thanks and still going strong! I've been doing HIIT workouts the last couple days, just for something different. They get my heart rate going like no other workout that's for sure! I can do burpees now for the first time in a long time so I'm pretty happy about that :)

Well done! Changing the physical activity is always a nice thing, especially if you go for the HIIT trainings. Gosh, I love these! Make your body work like craze. Careful with the heart rate though, don’t forget you’re on Duromine, so monitor it thoroughly, ok?

Sounds so nice to see you happy about making burpees. That’s the spirit! Have a great day!

Hi Melonhelen! How is it going? A month passed since your last measurements. Did you measure yourself again to see the difference? How is it going in general? Still motivated to continue? Hope you are doing great and wish you a fun weekend!

April said:
Hi Melonhelen! How is it going? A month passed since your last measurements. Did you measure yourself again to see the difference? How is it going in general? Still motivated to continue? Hope you are doing great and wish you a fun weekend!
April said:
Hey April I'm still motivated and chugging alone slowly. I hurt my back quite badly 2 weeks ago so I haven't done any physical activity except for walking. I also went to a 4 day music festival and drank a lot of alcohol so didn't take duromine for a few days. I'm back on it today and start exercising tomorrow as I'm still recovering! I did my measurement a couple weeks ago and there were some losses but I forgot to post. I'm a bit scared to weigh myself but I'll do my measurements today and post them later x

Hi Melonhelen! How are you feeling? Did your back get better? Hope so…

Glad to know your measurements please you again and I am sure you will manage to lose quickly everything that you might have gained during the music festival. =) Chin up and don’t give up no matter what the scales have shown you then. A great week with great results!

Hey April, my back is much better thanks. It's taken a bit to recover so haven't been too active lately. I started exercising again on the weekend. I did my measurements and they were still the same and got the courage to hop on the scales, and happy to say that there was only half a kilo gain :) It definitely hasn't got me down! I went to my first fitness class last night, it was a boxing/boot camp and I really enjoyed it. So I've committed to doing that every week and am looking at doing a body bar class a couple times a week if I like that too. Just to change things up a bit before I get sick of working out at home :cool:

Melonhelen said:
Hey April, my back is much better thanks. It's taken a bit to recover so haven't been too active lately. I started exercising again on the weekend. I did my measurements and they were still the same and got the courage to hop on the scales, and happy to say that there was only half a kilo gain :) It definitely hasn't got me down! I went to my first fitness class last night, it was a boxing/boot camp and I really enjoyed it. So I've committed to doing that every week and am looking at doing a body bar class a couple times a week if I like that too. Just to change things up a bit before I get sick of working out at home :cool:

Hi! How did this week go? Any nice active plans for the weekend? =)

April said:
Hi! How did this week go? Any nice active plans for the weekend? =)
Hey April. I’ve stopped the duromine now. It wasn’t working anymore. I tried having a couple weeks off and started again, but all it was doing was keeping me awake. The appetite suppressant wasn’t working at all. I’ve now joined Crossfit and it is amazing. I’m eating well, training hard and feeding my body what it need so no need for duromine now. I ended up losing 10kg on duromine so it gave me a good kickstart. Thanks for your support x