Welcome! Good luck on your journey!

Good luck, Elleisme
Your results are awesome and you can do more! You can do it! :)

Hi CK :)

Day one for me and I am very keen to follow along with others starting out on this journey too.
My plan for the first week is to try to eat in a healthy way and then see how that pans out calorie wise on average at the end of the week. I'm also going to try for 5 x 30 minute walks this week.
I figure that it's best to see what can be sustainable and improved on for the first couple of weeks and ramp it up where necessary.
My start weight is 102.2kg
I have underactive thyroid - currently on thyroxine
41 years old.

Good luck to you xx
VS

Last edited:
Reactions: Aus-iwi
Hi, New to this and on day 4, have lost 2.7kg. Start Weight was 84.4 and goal weight is 64.0.
Happy to share our journeys to keep us all motivated and on track

Good to see so many people just starting as well..
Just a quick question!
When is the best time to excersize in the morn when Duromine is strong or afternoon?

Hi like you l have started this weight loss journey, on day 2. Feeling positive and want to get motivated to do more exercise. I'm going swimming and doing aqua class. I'm waiting for knee replacement so that limits some things. So mornings are best for me.

Reactions: Nassa and Tara2016
Hey! I have just just started using Duromine a few days ago, but plan to be quite active on this forum haha. I'm going to write a daily blog, kinda like a diary, to help keep me motivated and accountable! :)
How has your weight loss gone since you started?

Hi everyone, I started using duromine just over 3 weeks ago. The first week was the worst with the side effects. Crap sleep, constipation, found my self itching without even noticing! I've made a lot of changes to my diet. I never used to eat breakfast and then eat pretty badly right up until I went to sleep at night, bedtime being the worst eating ice cream and chips and whatever else I could find. Duromine has helped me so much with cravings as I know what I should be eating to stay healthy, but the cravings would take over. It has also helped me get off my bum and exercise again. I do it first thing in the morning as I get out of bed with so much energy. So far I have lost 2 kilos each week so 6 kilos all up.
I would love to have a bit of a support network on here as it's nice to chat to people going through similar things. Please let me know where you are at, whether you have just started or have been going at it for a while. I would love to hear other people's stories x

Reactions: Haylz and Leah11
Hello Melonhelen. Why are you feeling down? You are going so great! Sorry, my Duromine story is over long time ago, so I just dropped in to tell you that you are doing just great! Please, keep it up and reward yourself with something nice (not food). You deserve small rewards for each new mini goal reached. Smile more and enjoy each new day that brings you closer to your goal. Cheers!

Reactions: Riana
April said:
Hello Melonhelen. Why are you feeling down? You are going so great! Sorry, my Duromine story is over long time ago, so I just dropped in to tell you that you are doing just great! Please, keep it up and reward yourself with something nice (not food). You deserve small rewards for each new mini goal reached. Smile more and enjoy each new day that brings you closer to your goal. Cheers!
Thanks April, I'm ok! I was just feeling a bit shit and really just looking for someone to chat to who is going through the same thing. None of my family or friends are overweight so they just don't get it! Thanks for your kind words

Hi there :)

I literally just got off a call with a online doc who has given me duromine (will pick it up after work) I can't share anything yet, obviously, but I'd love to chat be your support buddy if that's what you're looking for :)
I'm a bit nervous after ready the side effects I'm already a moody cow since putting on this weight!! Anyways I'm here if you'd like to chat.
Sunshines

Hi Melonhelen, it’s ok. Feeling bit shit is a totally normal thing. I am glad you decided to post about this. I hope you will continue feeling the same free to discuss anything you feel on this forum. Weight loss process is a very difficult one from all sides and aspects. Having a possibility to just spill it all out or get any support might be essential. SO always feel free and I know you can cope with all the stuff that makes you down.

As for the fact that your family and friends understand your worries or mood swings, this also should not let you down. Don’t let yourself get yourself into the feeling that you’re ‘all alone, no one understands you, nobody cares…’ YOU CARE! You don’t have to prove anything to anybody, but you yourself! And you will prove to yourself that you are a strong woman! No other options! The harder it gets, you only have to push even harder. Measure your success with small achievements and make each of them become your own victory over everything that tries to interfere with your success! Always!

Have a lovely cheerful day and hope you did enjoy your walk or exercising! =)

Reactions: Melonhelen
Sunshines said:
Hi there :)

I literally just got off a call with a online doc who has given me duromine (will pick it up after work) I can't share anything yet, obviously, but I'd love to chat be your support buddy if that's what you're looking for :)
I'm a bit nervous after ready the side effects I'm already a moody cow since putting on this weight!! Anyways I'm here if you'd like to chat.
Sunshines
Hey Sunshines, I would love that thank you!! I like just being able to check in a couple times a week with people who are doing it too, and my friends and family (as supportive as they are) can't really relate to what's happening with me. At the moment, I'm focusing all my energy on losing weight, eating healthy and exercising. And all those things are a massive change for me so it consumes all my thoughts and it probably bores them to hear about it all the time. So it is nice to have people to talk to that are going through similar things.
I hope your first week goes well, for me it was the week I had the most energy and the most unpleasant side effects. None were that bad that I wanted to quit though. I think I had my moody outburst in the 2nd week and since then my mood has been fine and I'm guessing it's because I'm back to getting a good nights sleep.

Reactions: April
I totally understand about losing weight consuming all your thoughts!! It's all I think about too. I haven't got anyone to talk to about it as no one knows I'm taking it, so I'm glad to have found this forum.
Day 1 for me has gone great (well it's 9:15pm so we'll see if I get any sleep) ;-) I've had no appetite but still managed to eat & exercise (light) the only side effect is a dry mouth but I'm drinking lots of water & chewing sugar free gum.
What sorts of things are you thinking about when you do think about your weight loss, are you thinking about your goals or ways to lose more? :)

April said:
Hi Melonhelen, it’s ok. Feeling bit shit is a totally normal thing. I am glad you decided to post about this. I hope you will continue feeling the same free to discuss anything you feel on this forum. Weight loss process is a very difficult one from all sides and aspects. Having a possibility to just spill it all out or get any support might be essential. SO always feel free and I know you can cope with all the stuff that makes you down.

As for the fact that your family and friends understand your worries or mood swings, this also should not let you down. Don’t let yourself get yourself into the feeling that you’re ‘all alone, no one understands you, nobody cares…’ YOU CARE! You don’t have to prove anything to anybody, but you yourself! And you will prove to yourself that you are a strong woman! No other options! The harder it gets, you only have to push even harder. Measure your success with small achievements and make each of them become your own victory over everything that tries to interfere with your success! Always!

Have a lovely cheerful day and hope you did enjoy your walk or exercising! =)
Wow April thanks for all the positive words. You should be a motivational speaker! I really appreciate your support. I am feeling really positive. I had to have a week off exercise as I had sinusitis. I knew I wouldn't have a loss, and I didn't, and I got back into it yesterday and I'm feeling quite proud of myself for not letting it get me down like it usually would. Right now I've lost 6 kilos in my first month and that was my goal so I just keep reminding myself how good I am going. I know if I keep doing what I'm doing then I will get the results I'm after x

Reactions: April
Sunshines said:
I totally understand about losing weight consuming all your thoughts!! It's all I think about too. I haven't got anyone to talk to about it as no one knows I'm taking it, so I'm glad to have found this forum.
Day 1 for me has gone great (well it's 9:15pm so we'll see if I get any sleep) ;-) I've had no appetite but still managed to eat & exercise (light) the only side effect is a dry mouth but I'm drinking lots of water & chewing sugar free gum.
What sorts of things are you thinking about when you do think about your weight loss, are you thinking about your goals or ways to lose more? :)
I just keep thinking about my goals, the end goal really. I hate being overweight and I'm just looking forward to being happy in my own skin again. I've been overweight just about my whole life til about nearly 4 years ago. I did a weight loss challenge with a group of ladies and I actually won the competition for the most percentage lost! I kept it off until both my parents got really sick and stacked all the weight back on plus more. So I know I can do it again and just keep reminding myself how good it feels to not be overweight and tired all the time!

I hope you get a good sleep tonight sunshines :)

Wow you won a boot camp challenge that's awesome, obviously shows that when you put your mind to something you'll smash it. I have no doubt you'll reach your goals! :)
I got just under 6 hours sleep usually only sleep 6.5hrs anyway so not too bad :)
You have probably already put this somewhere but what are your goals? Have you set yourself any mini targets? Anyway I hope you have a great day :)

Yes I did, it was the first thing I had ever really wanted to win and I did it! Such a good feeling. Ok so my starting weight was 91kg (I'm only 160cm tall) I lost 2 kilos each week for 3 weeks so I'm down to 85. Last week I had sinusitis so still kept up my healthy eating but couldn't exercise so I lost nothing! I have PCOS so my metabolism is slow so I need to exercise to lose weight, healthy eating alone won't do anything for me. My mini goals are to lose 6 kilos each month. So my next mini goal is to get to 79kg. My ultimate goal is to be below 70kg. I've been 62kg before and I looked terrible as I'm quite broad in my shoulders and hips. So anything under 70 and I'll be happy. What are your stats and your plan of attack?

Reactions: astarr21
Hello Melonhelen! First of all, congratulations on that win! I am so happy for you! You managed to achieve the weight you wanted, and I am sure you will get back there!!!

Again… way to go! You’re doing very well with your current results! I hope you will find some time to share a bit of your routine, so that other users, those who go through the course now, and the newcomers, could get the inspiration and the idea of how they can achieve their goals. You’re great! A lovely day to you!