Hey :)

I'm similar to you, on day 12 and have lost 5.3kg. Only 13kg until I reach my goal weight of 65kg!!

I've had a few side effects but only an occasional headache now and a dry mouth most days! But it helps me drink lots of water!!! :cool:

Hi there! :)
My name's Annie and I started taking D on Australia Day (26th of Jan), and although I've been in a good mood and I think I'm losing weight (I haven't weighed myself yet, waiting till next Tuesday) my sleep is TERRIBLE. I started at 86kg, I want to get down to about 72-75kg, which isn't an ideal weight for someone my height of 162cm, but its better than nothing. I'm on 30mg.

I wanted to know what you did while on D? I am eating healthy and exercising 4-5 times a week at the gym, and every other night at home doing squats, lunges, planks etc. I drink only water, too, because apparently coffee and alcohol induces sleep problems.
And I have to ask, how long did it take for sleep to go back to normal?! I've had 8 hours of sleep in the last 3 days! Not ideal :( please help!

Heya!!

I am 3 weeks into my weight loss Journey - and 5 days into incorporating Duromine (30mg). I also use xenicle which i have been using since the start. (highly recommend by the way).

So far, i have lost 8kgs and 13cm from my waist. YAY! 3kg and 4cm has come off since starting duromine. Must say im pretty much stoked with the outcome so far.

I do have to force myself to eat, as it just does no enter my mind at all - what a change that is!

The only real negative side affect that i cant shake is the REALLY dry mouth - which in turn makes exercising HORRIBLE. I didn't sleep great in the beginning but my body seems to have pretty much adapted now and it has no real impact on my moods, energy level etc.(I would LOVE the energy everyone speaks of lol) I do seem to get headaches around 7pm, which is probably more so from the huge decrease in food then the Duromine.

I would love to hear from others re their journey and any advice they may have for me in order to get the most out of Duromine. :laughing:

Reactions: JulieH
What is xenicle?

My mouth is so dry it makes me feel sick o_O

Xenacal is another weight loss pill, but it makes you eat healthy cause if you eat unhealthy you WILL no about it. You will have fatty Orange stools.

Hello from some who has been on duromine for a month now. Waving back hi!!

Hi Yella, I had been on Duromine 30mg for a bout 5 months (forgotten pills made my 4 month prescription last a little longer). The dry mouth is terrible but constantly sipping on water helped a lot. I have lost 16 kg on Duromine (so far). I went back to my doctor today to ask if he would let me do another course and he said yes! Im very excitied as he has given me 2 months worth - I am a little nervous though as he has bumped me up to the 40mg. I was a little skittish on the 30mg at times so will have to keep an extra watch on myself - I found eating something took away the skittish behaviour.

How are you finding the process so far? Duromine is honestly the best thing I have ever come across and wish I had found it sooner. I have no problem maintaining my weight but cannot lose weight unless I eat like a rabbit and live at the gym, so this little pill is like gold!

Hope all is all goes well for you ;)

Reactions: Joycee
Hi I am only on my 3rd day, but I am amazed I don't have any sugar cravings, I can walk past cakes, chocolate and lollies and not blink and eye.....I hope I stay like this.lol

Hi everyone,

Im new here love reading everyone's journey. So I have 2 toddlers 3 and 16mths. During both my pregnancies I managed to get up to 146kg just before I gave birth. After having my second I managed to loss 30kg due to healthy eating and going to the gym but I seemed to plato after that so decided to try duromine again (I went on duromine about 6yrs ago before I got married and worked amazingly). In the last 3 weeks I have lost 7kg my starting weight was 117kg and im now 110kg. I am struggling with eating mainly because im just not hungry but im also scared that I wont loss enough weight if I eat. Im currently taking 30mg but my gp has said if I do well in the first month he will give me the 40mg. At the moment I am trying to have meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch (usually just one a day) and something small for dinner, also drinking about 3liters of water a day. No real symptoms apart from dry mouth and an awesome amount of energy (my husband says I talk alot now but im pretty sure I always have haha)

Last edited:
You are doing well!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

mumma of 2 said:
Hi everyone,

Im new here love reading everyone's journey. So I have 2 toddlers 3 and 16mths. During both my pregnancies I managed to get up to 146kg just before I gave birth. After having my second I managed to loss 30kg due to healthy eating and going to the gym but I seemed to plato after that so decided to try duromine again (I went on duromine about 6yrs ago before I got married and worked amazingly). In the last 3 weeks I have lost 7kg my starting weight was 117kg and im now 110kg. I am struggling with eating mainly because im just not hungry but im also scared that I wont loss enough weight if I eat. Im currently taking 30mg but my gp has said if I do well in the first month he will give me the 40mg. At the moment I am trying to have meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch (usually just one a day) and something small for dinner, also drinking about 3liters of water a day. No real symptoms apart from dry mouth and an awesome amount of energy (my husband says I talk alot now but im pretty sure I always have haha)

WOWZA! Congratulations on all you have done so far!! You've smashed it!
I can understand where you are coming from - as a person with a big number to loose (40kg), I know I get stuck with the numbers a bit too much.
I hope I don't cause offence with what I'm about to say, but I think you might be getting into your own head. it's not right for you to be afraid to eat because you are concerned about the scales.
The whole point is to develop better, long lasting habits to loose weight and KEEP IT OFF.
You can't do that in your current head space (Or with water/shakes as 90% of your diet) going up to the 40mg may not make a difference, it suppresses hunger ..... and it sounds like you aren't really eating anything..

Have you considered speaking to a counsellor? maybe as a way to help you overcome the fear of weight gain?
If you ask your GP for a Mental Health Care Treatment Plan, the government will fund you up to 10 appointments with a psychologist.

Jessholt said:
hi everyone,
So I im on day 20. So far I have lost 5.6kg on the 30mg tablets. I have been eating extremely healthy and power walking 5km each day on the treadmill.
I have noticed my clothes already are easier to put on and I'm feeling more confident about how I look. (Even though it's a meer 5.6kg so far), but still...

I had a rough time with side affects at the start but most have seemed to go away now. It's just trying to hide the shakes while I'm at work now, and I always seem to have a bad taste in my mouth and sore throat. Still have no appetite, but seem to get peckish around dinner time.

Hope everyone is feeling confident and excited with their journeys!!

Keep up the good work!
That's awesome! how are you now? Also when you say you had a rough time with side effects did that include bad rashes? I'm on day 4 with a bad rash...I'm hoping it calms down as everything else is ok and it really is suppressing my appetite!!

Cindy123 said:
That's awesome! how are you now? Also when you say you had a rough time with side effects did that include bad rashes? I'm on day 4 with a bad rash...I'm hoping it calms down as everything else is ok and it really is suppressing my appetite!!

Hi Cindy,

My doctor told me that if a rash appears you could be having an allergic reaction to the tablets and to go back straight away. Good luck

So it's been 22 days since I started (on and off, was sidetracked a few times). So far I've lost 5.4 kg in 3 weeks. Not a lot but I'm happy since I was off it some days and had lots of pizzas and cakes. Only used up 16 pills so far so I guess can also be considered 16th day? :p

SW: 82
CW: 76.6
GW: 43

My small goal is to get to below 70. It's been so long since I was below that.

Wish me luck guys. I will update more on this :)

Last edited:
5.4 kilos in 3 weeks is an AMAZING loss!!! Feel proud, own it!!! May I ask how tall you are? Simply because 43 kilos is such a very light weight?

TheOriginalBeauty said:
5.4 kilos in 3 weeks is an AMAZING loss!!! Feel proud, own it!!! May I ask how tall you are? Simply because 43 kilos is such a very light weight?

Thanks :) I'm a shortie, only 156 cm. With my height I have to be at most 60 kg to be of normal weight according to BMI. 45 kg is definitely more sensible for my height but I wanted to target for 43 ;)

Hi Everyone.

Excited to find this forum. I started duromine on19.10.16 and have lost est 5kg. I don't have scales and my exercise physiologist dose not weigh me every time I see him. I was 89kg (34bmi) when I started and aiming to get into the normal bmi range (22bmi/60kg). insane that I could still lose more and be in the normal range.

I am starting to see visual results, boyfriend notices the change however they are small at this stage; slightly smaller waist and thinner face.
looking to share experiences and hear about what works for others.

Ck.xx

elleisme said:
Thanks :) I'm a shortie, only 156 cm. With my height I have to be at most 60 kg to be of normal weight according to BMI. 45 kg is definitely more sensible for my height but I wanted to target for 43 ;)

Even at 45 kilos your BMI would only be 18.5 any less would be underweight? If you want to be healthy maybe aim for a little higher? Maybe 50 kilos? Even that the BMI is 20.5 :)

That's awesome to hear you are getting results. What excercise have you been doing?