Hi, your story sounds so very similar to mine! I start my first round of Duromine tomorrow and I would be interested to see how your weight loss goes with your metabolic condition. I have often wondered if I should see an endocrinologist to see why my body is so completely out of whack! Hope we can stay in contact :)
Cheers

Reactions: Rava
So it's the end of week 4 and today I started the 30mg tablets, I've been quite busy with work and haven't weighed myself until today and I'm currently sitting at 122.5kg that's 1.6kg lost in the last 2 weeks and 4.5kg lost in total yay! I think I could've lost more if I went to gym more often but I just haven't had the time the last week but I'm back to normal life this week

hello myweightlossjourny
i thought i recoginsed you my dear!
welcome back..

Hugs
Dre

@Spring wondered how you were doing hun?

Hope you check in and post, as I would love to read more of your journey!

myweightlossjourny said:
So it's the end of week 4 and today I started the 30mg tablets, I've been quite busy with work and haven't weighed myself until today and I'm currently sitting at 122.5kg that's 1.6kg lost in the last 2 weeks and 4.5kg lost in total yay! I think I could've lost more if I went to gym more often but I just haven't had the time the last week but I'm back to normal life this week
@myweightlossjourny - fantastic result!

How are you doing this week?

@myweightlossjourny - hey hun just wanted to see how you were doing?

Hope you are able to check back in and update.

Hey sorry I haven't been updating regularly, I've had alot going on this month. So ive just finished my 30mg pack )I didn't take them everyday and had a whole week off at one stage due to gastro ) but I've been consistently with exercise and have even started added running to my warm up to get ready for netball season next year (I had this year off after breaking my foot and it feels so good to run again and not have my foot aching afterwards) so here are my stats

Starting weight 127kg
10 week update 117kg total loss of 10kg and my clothes are fitting so much better!
My measurements are
Starting chest 120cm currently 112cm
Starting waist 122cm currently 109cm (mu boobs now stick out further than my waist yay haha)
Starting hips 137cm currently 134cm
Total loss of 24 cm in total.

I will also start 40mg next week and will continue taking them every 2nd day again so they last longer, I dont feel the effects wear off on the 2nd day so i dont feel like i need to take them everyday even if it means I lose weight at a slower pace I dont mind, the doc gave me a repeat of this dosage which i may not need but if i do i will take it at most every 3 days to wean myself off of it.

My gastric sleeve surgery is in may so my head will be in the game with my body being able to recover alot quicker being active and healthier than what I was, I'm taking these pills as a head start and so I dont gain anymore weight as I wait until surgery, this isn't a quick fix for me this is the start of my new life :)

myweightlossjourny said:
Starting weight 127kg
10 week update 117kg total loss of 10kg and my clothes are fitting so much better!
My measurements are
Starting chest 120cm currently 112cm
Starting waist 122cm currently 109cm (mu boobs now stick out further than my waist yay haha)
Starting hips 137cm currently 134cm
Total loss of 24 cm in total.

@myweightlossjourny - Whooo Hoo a 10kg loss is absolutely fantastic and those measurements are amazing!!

You must be feeling on top of the moon!!!

myweightlossjourny said:
I will also start 40mg next week and will continue taking them every 2nd day again so they last longer, I dont feel the effects wear off on the 2nd day so i dont feel like i need to take them everyday even if it means I lose weight at a slower pace I dont mind, the doc gave me a repeat of this dosage which i may not need but if i do i will take it at most every 3 days to wean myself off of it.

My gastric sleeve surgery is in may so my head will be in the game with my body being able to recover alot quicker being active and healthier than what I was, I'm taking these pills as a head start and so I dont gain anymore weight as I wait until surgery, this isn't a quick fix for me this is the start of my new life :)

Love your approach @myweightlossjourny and absolutely think you are being practical about how you wean yourself off them when you come to the end of your Duromine!

Just remember that if the hunger resumes you have the option of taking them every day to jump start yourself once again.

As a person who has had a partial GS (my lap band eroded into my stomach and I needed to remove the part where I wasn't having correct blood flow) that the first 18 months is kind of the "sweet spot" in regards to loss.

I hope you keep checking back in and updating as I love reading how you are going :)

And once more congrats on your amazing loss in the kg's and cm's!!!

Hello Everyone!

Happy new year! I don’t think I have been on this forum for about 2 years, back when I was still at Uni. I started a Duromine journey then, and unfortunately it got cut short because I fell ill with Glandular fever and It took a long time to recover (I’m 35 with 2 kids - it hit pretty hard).

But I took my first 30mg tablet this morning. I wouldn’t call this a New Years resolution - I have been gearing myself up to taking my health more seriously for a month or so. I bought myself a new Fitbit, smart scales and exercise mat before Christmas. I saw my doctor yesterday to get a new Duromine script, set my alarm for 5am this morning to take the tablet and will be joining Tony Ferguson later today.

I used to be very fit and active, but towards the end of my Uni studies, I really let myself go. I guess it was a combination of high stress (so, comfort eating), lack of sleep and poor time management. I do easily gain weight, but I really can’t blame my body this time considering how I was treating it. I now have a post-uni career which involves a lot of strenuous field work (I am a geologist), and it’s time for me to get my body healthy so that I can actually do my job AND not cause myself an injury. But also, I want to feel good in my own skin again. I am embarrassed about my body, and I only have myself to blame for that.

So! I have a few plans I want to start over the next week:

1. Making sure I exercise 5/7 days a week, even if it’s a short 15min intense workout;

2. Start getting up at around 5am-ish and taking my dog for a walk around the block - hopefully added energy from Duromine will help me with this;

3. Joining and sticking to Tony Ferguson - I have trouble eating enough calories in the first 2/3 of the day, then make terrible choices when I am “starving”;

4. Keeping my weigh-ins to once a week - as a trial, I weighed myself every day for a week and fluctuated by 3kg! It’s definitely a mind game;

5. Keep a semi-daily blog on here to not only keep myself accountable but to track my progress;

6. Become active in this amazing forum community to celebrate everyone’s successes and build a circle of support.

I am feeling pretty good about this all at the moment. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone on here, and seeing where this Duromine journey V.2 takes me.

Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• 3B66C5A6-EAD6-475F-BE26-8B8DAE223167.jpeg
    3B66C5A6-EAD6-475F-BE26-8B8DAE223167.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Reactions: BigKnickers
HNY Bam Bam!! Good luck with V2 of Duromine. It sounds like you have everything in order to begin this journey again. Having been on Duromine before you will be fully prepared for what’s ahead ... I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight!!
I’ve just completed 3 months of Duromine and finished 5kg short of my goal and am waiting for my Doc to give me the go ahead to start again ... she’s advised a break from it for a month or two. I’ll be trying my best to lose the weight in the meantime (who knows, I might not even need it).
Good luck again ... I’ll keep checking in on your progress.

Hi Jazz! Thank you very much for your support! And I really wish you all the best with those final 5 kg - you're almost there so hold in there!!! You've done an amazing job!!

My Fitbit says that I managed 6hrs and 10 min sleep last night, with the sleep stage percentages within regular ranges. Still a bit short of my normal 7.5-8 hrs that i'm used to haha. Again, I set my alarm for 5am this morning for my tablet - I was going to get up then too and walk my dog (my plan I set yesterday) but I was so tired that I rolled over and went back to sleep until the Duromine woke me up at 7:30am. I woke up feeling extremely tired, but instead of it lasting for the rest of the day, it only lasted for around 15min and I was the wide awake! Can't be too unhappy with that. I am hoping to get to bed a little earlier tonight, maybe take 1/2 of an OTC sleeping tablet and get a decent sleep.

I hope you have an amazing week - I would love to hear how you get on with the rest of your journey xx

In 2014 I started duromine 40mg and went great for the first week lost around 4kgs but then I had an arthritis flare up and used it as an excuse to stop! After a few years of trying to get the meds right for my psoriatic arthritis that effect most of my body, I've become bigger than I've ever been before!

But now I'm back to take on this challenge with a great motivation..... I get married in 60 days! I'm also hoping that now the arthritis is under control I can start exercising without being in pain and start to work on some strengthening exercises.

My biggest struggle will be shift work. I work 12.5 hours shifts doings days and nights so finding the right time to take my tablet so I can sleep will be a challenge. Any advice from shift workers out there?

I'm coming to the end of day 2 as I write this and haven't seemed to have had any side effects (touch wood). I do feel abnormally hot after I've finished eating though but not sure if that's a side effect or that it's 40 degrees outside! Lol.

SW 110KG
Height 161cms
Mini goal 105kg
GW 75kgs

Reactions: Rava and Bam Bam
Hello Crazydoglady! I wish you all the luck on your way and hope that you will enjoy your reflection on your wedding day, no matter how everything goes with Duromine!

As for the dosing schedule... you need to take Duromine carefully, when alternating day and night shifts to avoid overdosage. The dose is high, and overdosing is quite possible. Make sure that you don't take more than 1 pill in a 24-hour period, ok? it's better if you have a longer pause than shorter. Take notes when you take D, and adjust the use according to the notes.

Reactions: Rava and Dre
It’s been a while since I posted, I have Been so busy. I haven’t made a blog post in over a week. BUT!!! I come with exciting news!!! (Well, exciting for me, anyway haha)...

I HIT MY FIRST MINI-GOAL!!! I am officially (as of this morning) under 90kg!! 89.8 kg, actually. This is a total loss of 5.7 kg so far this month. I’m stoked!

Weight loss started slowing down in my 3rd week, with days where I seemed to gain a few hundred grams, but the total of the week was still a loss, so that’s a win in my book! I am definitely feeling the weight loss, in my clothes and the way my body feels. People at work have started noticing my face is slimming.

I had an appointment at the Brisbane Allergy Clinic yesterday, and it is looking like I have some sort of auto-immune issue, so they will be rechecking my thyroid and general hormone levels. Hopefully we’ll get an answer soon.

I hope everyone is well and having a wonderful week - lots of love to you all! Xx

Reactions: Jane
Thanks April. I actually didn’t take the tablet on my sleep day inbetween the 2 shifts.

Week 1 update...

4kg down!!!!!!

I do get hunger pangs ever now and then but I’m finding myself craving vegetables so eating plenty of them. Haven’t been calorie counting this week... I kept loosing track! Will try harder this week!! I have noticed that I’m not craving sweets for dessert after eating, and don’t complete a full meal as I’m full half way through!

I’m used to having a dry mouth from other medication I take and I’m trying hard with water but I’ve always struggled to drink enough fluids my entire life! Yep I’m that person that has half drunk bottles and glasses everywhere! I’ve now set an alarm to remind me to drink a bottle of water every 2hours, hopefully I can get better!

I’m loving the energy I’ve had this last week and have walked more that I normally would!

SW 110kgs
CW 106kg
Weight loss 4kgs
Mini Goal 105kgs
GW 75kgs

Reactions: Rava and April
I have used duromine a few years ago when I probably didn’t need to when I was a lovely 60-65kg ( hate how we don’t appreciate what we have until we don’t :z)
I have had my 3rd child 9months ago and I was close to the 3digits if not on it! I had put on about 30kg! Which in my previous pregnancies I was not even close to maybe gaining 20kg and I was younger (I’m 29)
Last few years been struggling with anxiety and depression which I was on lexapro 20mg but have now stopped recently (unintentionally lol just forgot to take them till I was withdrawing so I decided to try and stop) I believe my weight has contributed to my feeling of disgustingness and don’t want to look in mirrors don’t even want to get my hair done because I have to sit in front of a mirror and try and tell the hairdresser my hair looks great when all I want to do is crawl into a ball and cry!
So I really really need to lose this weight for my own mental health.. but the first week was great loss of appetite but I still had very small meals x2 sometimes I would skip dinner then I missed one day and since then I’m still hungry and have sugar cravings :( I’m on day 14 I think but don’t want to look at the scales because I’m scared and I no I haven’t be doing the best I can.
Next week I’m going to try out a mums and bubs fitness class and fingers crossed that kicks my body into gear and gets a wriggle on with getting rid of this suit that’s on me- I just want to feel like me and bring back that very small bit of confidence I had left.

I feel you!!

Your having great results though. Already 5kgs down so hang in there!