Hi girls.. yep i do tend to mix things up to see what happens.. wasnt a rough night.. i was hoping for a night time blitz but nope- i fell asleep.. woke a few hours later thinking about work.. but - back to sleep within the hour (i think).. its just gone 10am Saturday and so i was okay with whatever might have happened.. ready now to get up (yep.. been awake for about an hour but still in bed :laughing:).. will shower, have a coffee, something small to eat and take another 30mg...

I guess phase 2 of my experiment :confused:

My job is something I am reassessing at present... thinking of out stretching and seeing where I might land.. instincts say i will leave and be well gone within the next few weeks... wonder how in tune I am woth that...?!?..

Reactions: Vix
Deanna78 said:
Hi girls.. yep i do tend to mix things up to see what happens.. wasnt a rough night.. i was hoping for a night time blitz but nope- i fell asleep.. woke a few hours later thinking about work.. but - back to sleep within the hour (i think).. its just gone 10am Saturday and so i was okay with whatever might have happened.. ready now to get up (yep.. been awake for about an hour but still in bed :laughing:).. will shower, have a coffee, something small to eat and take another 30mg...

I guess phase 2 of my experiment :confused:

My job is something I am reassessing at present... thinking of out stretching and seeing where I might land.. instincts say i will leave and be well gone within the next few weeks... wonder how in tune I am woth that...?!?..

Thank you so much everyone for your wonderful support.
I forget sometimes that i'm in the process of changing my life, which is not a small thing. We are all working pretty hard and have all the usual life stress on top of this deeply personal experience and the insecurities/fears that go along with that.
I can't thank you enough for your encouragement. I'm not giving up - but I am definitely having a break. I took a week off from the gym to relax. it's been nice waking up at a normal time and getting home before dinner. Today was the first time in 6 weeks I've been able to move around and do normal things without soreness or twinges of muscle strain.
I see now that I was pushing myself too hard. But i'm back on on the exercise wagon Monday & I'm actually really excited about it. I realised that I can't manage now because when I first started, I wasn't working as close to as hard as I am now during each workout. I fluffed around with the weights a lot and took breaks when I got puffed during cardio. I didn't really push myself too far out of my comfort zone. Whereas when I got out walking/jogging or workout now - I give it 100% - pushing myself to beat myself from the workout before. Of course I burnt out - doing that 12 times a week is mentally exhausting as well as physically.
I spoke to my trainer and we are going to develop a more manageable exercise plan so i'm working smarter not harder.
Let my doctor know my mental health was slipping and we've agreed to meet once a week to monitor where i'm at. (Just in case). He was a bit shocked I lasted as long as i did

I'm feeling much better in the last 2 days. definitely trending upward.

you guys are legends.

Last edited:
Lisamk72 said:
Hi Madasell. I completely relate. I hit the wall a few weeks ago, actually I became emotionally unstable! Even suicidal, so I stopped the duromine after pressure from my therapist and husband. However I think I've gained at least 3kgs (too scared to weigh myself) I can't stop eating! Bingen in fact. So today I started again with the duromine. I am in my 3rd month so have to make this count! I understand and hear your frustrations and hope things get better for you! Xxxx

How have you been doing?! are you ok?!

Madaselle said:
Thank you so much everyone for your wonderful support.
I forget sometimes that i'm in the process of changing my life, which is not a small thing. We are all working pretty hard and have all the usual life stress on top of this deeply personal experience and the insecurities/fears that go along with that.
I can't thank you enough for your encouragement. I'm not giving up - but I am definitely having a break. I took a week off from the gym to relax and spend some quality time with my hubby. it's been nice waking up at a normal time and getting home before dinner. Today was the first time in 6 weeks I've been able to move around and do normal things without soreness or twinges of muscle strain.
I see now that I was pushing myself too hard. But i'm back on on the exercise wagon Monday & I'm actually really excited about it. I realised that I can't manage now because when I first started, I wasn't working as close to as hard as I am now during each workout. I fluffed around with the weights a lot and took breaks when I got puffed during cardio. I didn't really push myself too far out of my comfort zone. Whereas when I got out walking/jogging or workout now - I give it 100% - pushing myself to beat myself from the workout before. Of course I burnt out - doing that 12 times a week is mentally exhausting as well as physically.
I spoke to my trainer and we are going to develop a more manageable exercise plan so i'm working smarter not harder.
Let my doctor know my mental health was slipping and we've agreed to meet once a week to monitor where i'm at. (Just in case). He was a bit shocked I lasted as long as i did

I'm feeling much better in the last 2 days. definitely trending upward.

you guys are legends.
Boy... am I lazy im comparison to you.. maybe I dont believe in myself enough!?!?!..

Reactions: Mumo3girls
Hey deanna, it's almost as though your body doesn't react very well to duromine, I'm so surprised... I'm only on 30mg and still can't sleep without sleeping pills (only taking one now instead of two tho) and I take the duromine between 6-8am, so can't believe you can sleep taking one at night time! I find it odd that you aren't losing much weight :( must be a bit discouraging. But hang in there! Hope it starts working better for you.

Hi Zoelee... At first- I was awake alllll night long.. had limited suppressed appetite- but now.. not so much

.althoughhhhhh... indidnt take one today and i didnt eat at work (too busy to stop) but as soon as i left.. whoops - yep.. I ate alright.. so, they MUST have SOME effect.. i just need to bump up my attitude and stomp the footpath.

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm on day 7 and I do feel like I get hungry still, but I don't really think it bothers me as much to feel hungry maybe? Not really sure what it is but all I know is it definitely somewhat stops me from eating haha so that's good enough I guess. But still takes will power to not eat things you know taste good.. But good luck, hang in there, I know you can do it! :)

Zoelee said:
Yeah I know what you mean, I'm on day 7 and I do feel like I get hungry still, but I don't really think it bothers me as much to feel hungry maybe? Not really sure what it is but all I know is it definitely somewhat stops me from eating haha so that's good enough I guess. But still takes will power to not eat things you know taste good.. But good luck, hang in there, I know you can do it! :)
I'm exactly the same..
I think it's more that the craving to eat something bad right now cause I'm starving, has gone.. But that's about it.
Can easily over eat, and easily sleep or be lazy..
But I'm managing to stay on track ish.. Haha

Reactions: Deanna78
IM BACK DUDETTES!
ANNNNNNNNNNNNND - I cracked my plateau! 94kgs this morning!!!!!!!
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Back at the gym (much less hectic regimen) and eating lovely healthy food

Missed you lovelies!:p

Madaselle said:
IM BACK DUDETTES!
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yay, so glad to hear all is well and scales are moving along nice and steady.. You can do this girl!!

Congrats Madaselle!!
I know I'm not here posting very often, but I always notice the good news :laughing::laughing::p
Very very happy for you!

Madaselle said:
IM BACK DUDETTES!

WooooHoooo

SW 82,9
CW 78.9
GW 65/70 kg i'm happy with any as long as i don't go back in the 80 zone again !!

Last edited: