Duromine Day 4

Day 8
Today I "officially" weighed myself and if I was to say I'm happy with the result would be a lie, I'm a little disappointed that I haven't lost as much weight as I was hoping for. I have given my body a week to get used to any side effects and such of Duromine so now it's time to start being a little more active, well as active as being sick will allow me.

Todays weigh in is 90.1

Don't get discouraged. It is very normal to have "slow" weeks. And the further you get the less the loss will be. Any loss is a GOOD one!;)
MissMaxee said:
Day 8
Today I "officially" weighed myself and if I was to say I'm happy with the result would be a lie, I'm a little disappointed that I haven't lost as much weight as I was hoping for. I have given my body a week to get used to any side effects and such of Duromine so now it's time to start being a little more active, well as active as being sick will allow me.

Todays weigh in is 90.1
't

Reactions: Toby and MissMaxee
Looking at your earlier posts make sure your eating enough as in not less than 1000 calories a day otherwise your body will go into starvation mode. Drink lots of water and good luck the results will come!!!

Reactions: MissMaxee
Audrey3 said:
Don't get discouraged. It is very normal to have "slow" weeks. And the further you get the less the loss will be. Any loss is a GOOD one!;)
't
Thanks Audrey. Being sick makes things a little difficult and getting bad news about a family member during the week, I was hoping for a little more but I guess with the bloating with my period on top just not a good week

Toni63 said:
Looking at your earlier posts make sure your eating enough as in not less than 1000 calories a day otherwise your body will go into starvation mode. Drink lots of water and good luck the results will come!!!
Thanks @Toni63 I'll keep that in mind

I feel so sorry for you!:oops: If you are not feeling well please take it slow. It is quite dangerous to exercise when sick.

Menstruation certainly bloats the most of us. There are some simple herbal diuretics you can get to help with that. Not necessary though unless you feel uncomfortable.

Everyone have good and bad weeks, we are all just human. Do not be to hard on yourself.

Hope it gets better for you real soon;)
MissMaxee said:
Thanks Audrey. Being sick makes things a little difficult and getting bad news about a family member during the week, I was hoping for a little more but I guess with the bloating with my period on top just not a good week

Thanks @Audrey3

Day 9
Started pushing myself to eat a bit more today. Weirdly I have noticed that if I eat I get hunger pangs after I have eaten o_O Does anyone else get that?
Started being a little more active, not pushing myself as work has picked up a bit and that is demanding as well.

Yes, my stomache gurgles and makes grumbling noises. Maybe gas?

No, @Kat1783 these are actual hunger pangs

Kat1783 said:
Yes, my stomache gurgles and makes grumbling noises. Maybe gas?

Well, the end of day 9 and it wasn't a good day. I've tried eating 3 meals a day and snack and I feel like I've been eating all day, non stop.
I went for a 30 minute walk earlier on top of all the walking that I do for work.
My daughter wanted McDonald's for lunch so I had a Garden Salad for lunch from there. I've had a medium banana, 4 rice cakes (1 serve) with sour cream and chives cream cheese on it and 3 strawberries as snacks throughout the day. I also had a Mediterranean Salad for dinner along with drinking 1.5ltr water today (That in itself is a big thing for me).
I have been getting quite a few hunger pangs today and I don't know why :(
Oh well, stick with it!

I get the hunger pains as well, I eat 5 times a day and when I eat I feel full but then 10 mins later I get the hunger feeling again, I just ignore it lol.

If you eat right - meaning small regular meals - you up you metabolism and that is probably the reason you get hungry. So it is a good thing, do not worry about that.;)

Reactions: KaylaLouiseHeyen
Make sure you have some protein in each meal which will keep you fuller for longer and also will help build muscle. And more muscle means burning more fat :)

Well that was a bit of a let down :(
In the month that I've been taking Duromine 30mg I've only lost 5kgs.
I currently weigh 87.1kgs now

I have lost 24.5kg in 4 weeks

Unfortunately for some reason I have plateaud on 87 :(
6 weeks later and I'm still on it and I'm exercising more too

Hey everyone.
Sorry it's been a while since I've been on here but life got a bit hectic and unfortunately my father in law lost his battle with cancer just recently.

Anyways, it's coming to the end of my second month on Duromine and unfortunately this whole month I have plateaued at 85kgs :(
No matter what I do I can't seem to shit anymore weight and it is really starting to get to me.
I don't eat junk food, the only take away I have is Subway maybe once every two weeks. I don't eat a lot of pasta potatoes may be once a month and they're boiled. I eat a fair bit of yoghurt, poached chicken and salad, chicken with capsicum and onion with a small amount of honey, soy, garlic sauce. I keep my calorie intake to 1000 calories a day, sometimes a little less.

Could someone please tell me a way to kick start the weight loss again...PLEASE

Hi Miss Maxee :)
For myself I find I have to work quite hard cardio wise to lose weight. Therefore I use interval training on a bike or treadmill, cross trainer or rowing machine to do so. I do 1 hour sessions 5 times per week, then alternate days with weight or toning exercises. I also have cut out all wheat and choose low sugar/no added sugar foods. Check your yoghurt as they can be high in sugar therefore sabotaging you when you think your being healthy. This is what has been working for me, you many be different, but it may be worth trying something different. I've also read where ome people increase their calories to 1500 for 3 days then cut back to 1000 again to reboot their weight loss.
Good luck with your journey x

di
Bringingskinnyback said:
Welcome

That sucks, hope it's not the 3-4 week flu that I got a few weeks into my journey. I was stressing because I couldn't eat enough and exercise hurt my chest. Turns out that those weeks were some of my best losses, hope you have the same experience;)

did you get the flu from duromine!? i dont know did i got it as a side effect of duromine or just normal one. cause as soon i take duro no flu.. by the night getting worse.. anybody comment???

Just taken my day 4 (30 mg) pill and feeling great, I am always up early but set my alarm for 5.30 so I can take my tablet early. My starting weight was 130kg and after 3 days have dropped 4kg. Concerned about the amount I've lost in 3 days although excited at the same time. I've had minimal side effects, a little spacey, but buzzing and heaps of energy and of course dry mouth. At the moment l'm managing 30 minutes on exercise bike but will increase exercising by day 7 just wanted to give my body time to adjust to this medication. Have taken time to read all the posts which is very motivating and informative. The effect of this drug certainly changes the thought process on foods.... not craving bread, sweet stuff etc. really really happy. Happy hump day

Yes! Great to hear another beautiful lady have lost some weight! Congratulations :laughing::laughing::laughing: Be proud of yourself and read more motivation posts from IWantToBeHappy
she nails it!

Last edited: