Duromine Day 2

Hang in there. Don't give up!! It had I be hard with 2 little ones. You also need to look after yourself though! I wish I had of done this years ago when my son was little . Try and eat some healthy meals today. :)

I started sleeping better from the 4th night. Maybe buy some sugar free lollies to suck on (as well as water !) I wouldnt say that i have the energy boost some people mention either . All the best !!

Reactions: JennyGordonii
I join the ladies - small meals are best for your energy and sleep.
Just wait for a couple of days till your body gets used to it
What helps - a regular plan: eating, drinking and sleeping at one and the same time if possible.
Althout it is hard with babies...
But I am sure you're going to be fine soon!

Day 6 update

I didn't take my pill yesterday as I was so exhausted from a bad night with the baby and I was just being a sook. I found the reverse symptoms were instant. I fell off the wagon and pigged out! :(

Had another bad night with the baby..

Took my pill this morning at 8 and it hasn't kicked in yet with regards to suppressing my appetite. I've ate all day and nothing good. Lots of soft drink which is my biggest weakness.

I am so depressed how quickly I fell back into old habits and also how quickly the pill wares off from only missing one day.

My advice to anyone new starting.. Don't skip any. Eapecially if you're just starting because you have trained your eating habits yet and it's easy to fall into the eating crap trap.

I won't be missing any from now on and already have a big walk planned for tomorrow.

Can't get a babysitter to go to the gym so that made me less motivated yesterday too.

I didn't weigh myself today. I can see already my bloat has returned from all the coke. But now I can see the diff between being on duromine and not being on it.

I choose on.

Haven't trained ***

Good on you for getting back on!! At least you can see the difference now, ill be tempted in the holidays when I go away....living 300klms from maccas has helped me I tell you.

Try and make sure none of your favourite naughty things to eat are in the house, that's helped me so much. When I was home alone or partner on night shift that's when I was really bad and just wouldn't stop eating, but now that its not in the house I cant.

Wishing you all the best for the week ahead :)

Reactions: Kate
Sorry you've had a set back. A lesson learned is a lesson earned. At least you've found out something about yourself. Sending encouragement your way.

Ladies ladies ladies, you have to remember the whole point of being prescribed duromine is to "kick start" your weight loss. Regardless duromine will help you lose weight, its like speed, and like some have commented you'll clean the whole house or work really hard but you need to take full advantage of the energy and work out because once you're off duromine you will put all the weight back on.

I talk from experience and there is no point going through the side effects if you're not going to change your lifestyle. Your doctor won't prescribe it for you forever so you need to make a change.

I've also found going for a big gym workout, walk or run will help you sleep at night because you're exhausting your body. Also the earlier you take it the better!

You'll also lose more weight if you work out aswell. Trust me make the most of it, if you search the results most people who do nothing will always end up putting on more weight then what they started with because they don't make the most of it and still have their old habbits.

Also the reason you may not get the energy boost on 15mg is because its the lowest dose, 30mg will give you the energy and 40mg will send you crazy!

Feel free to ask me any questions, I love helping :)

Calli, I'm on 30 mg and I have NEVER gotten the energy boost they talk about. I think it affects different people differently. If you go over to the Week In Review you will see we ARE exercising. And I for one, am eating healthier than I ever have. I'm pretty sure we are aware that we need to adopt a healthy lifestyle.

Reactions: Kate
Calli, can you please share your experience with us? At least briefly. Anyway people are different, body reaction and metabolism are different, side effects too.. The whole point of the forum is to give motivation to other people, support and help with some advice. Don't worry please, we know what we're doing here:p

Reactions: Scribbles
Sorry I didnt mean to offer offend anyone I was honestly just giving advice to those who hadn't had duromine before. I haven't searched through every thread here so I am unaware of all the other conversations going on but like i said I would love to help those who are new to duromine and may not know how to handle it.

I had a prescription for duromine and started with the dry mouth, dizziness and loss of appetite just like everyone else. I worked out alot because I started before duromine and lost almost 10kgs in 3 weeks unfortunately I wasn't prescribed for duromine further and ended up putting it all back on plus more. I have recently started duromine again and want to make sure it's done the right way.

It's just unfortunate people who waste the month/two months losing weight but end up bigger than before. The weight loss is definitely addictive but when you're not in the right frame of mind it's hard to change your habits.

I get where you're coming from Calli. At over $100 a pack I sure wouldn't want to spend that kind of money and not take advantage of their purpose. Like you said...they're a kick start. I for one DON'T intend to go back to buying the biscuits and foods that made me this size in the first place. I lost just over 20 kg in 2008-09 and put it back on plus 10 kg. Not using Duromine mind you. It's harder every time you try again. And I didn't seem to have the same resolve I did back then. The Duromine has given me the edge I need to stick with it in the first 2-3 months while a new lifestyle is taking shape. I've learned from the last big loss and then re-gain to keep the garbage out of the house and don't get back into eating all that stuff that triggered binges and such. And I am making myself go for a walk even though I don't feel like it some days. The longer I do it the easier it becomes and the more enjoyable it becomes as well. Once the grandkids have gone home after visiting us for Easter I'm starting some dumbbells and other weights related exercises. I know you're just wanting to help and I thank you for that.

Day 14 and I've lost nothing. Not even 1kg.

Just read the above comments.. Yep I've been working out. Maybe I need to step it up a notch ..

Ive also noticed the appetite suppressing part has worn completely off :(

Ok. Tell you us what you're eating? I would totally feel exactly the same way you do if the same thing was happening to me. You're not having a good journey so far. No crap talking from me. You must be feeling so down and frustrated about this. Tell us just what you're doing. Even if you weren't doing any exercise you should have lost something. What do you think is happening? Or is it that you should be losing because of what you're doing and the scales aren't budging?

Its only my 2nd day but I'm feeling real weak, spaced out and tired. Last nite I got home and immediately crashed into bed woke up at 12am and felt like I slept for hours!!! Eventually dosed off again, but woke up this morning starving I am still eating as usual but using the toilet much more for #2 (sorry TMI) is this all normal? Please help

what strength are you on? are you eating enough and drinking enough water? I was getting like that but I realised I wasn't eating enough....because I wasn't hungry I forgot about eating but once I started eating more, I was ok....I think you are meant to eat healthy snacks twice a day (that's what I got told...could be completely wrong though)

Reactions: JennyGordonii
Thanks for your reply. I am using 30 mg. I am actually okay today I no longer feel spaced out or that tired. I just never slept a wink last night but after taking the pill this morning I am like a duracell bunny LOL. Very thirsty and using the loo every 30 minutes. I take the pill at 4:30 in the morning but still cannot sleep. What do you suggest I do?