Duromine Day 2

Oh and if anyone would like to add me to My Fitness Pal, my name is Samlimmy I've made my food diary public.

Hello there! Glad to hear you managed to sleep well at night and the caloric value of your menu sounds quite right, based on your high physical activity.

You know, many people take Duromine every other day, so it might work quite well for you. You need to try and see how it goes. Duromine acts differently for every person who uses it. Fingers crossed that it works great for you! cheers!

Yesterday I was exhausted all day even though I took a duromine tablet! Very unusual! I ended up going to the gym in the morning and then having a day nap, and then I went to bed at 5:30pm!! It is midnight now and I am awake but I am still super sleepy.

I've noticed that I'm not constantly thinking about food and my sugar cravings are gone. Although yesterday I did eat some chocolate that I could have done with out. It was so good but kind of pointless to have since I wasn't craving it!

This journey is quite lonely. I haven't told many people in real life that I take duromine, it feels like it is something that is taboo.

I haven't updated much with my progress yet because I'm trying to only weigh myself once a week. Hoping to lose 500g a week. I want to lose it slowly as don't want to risk putting it all back on and being ravenous when I stop taking it.

Anyway, that was my day 3 of the journey! Got such a long way to go still.

Day 5 of my journey! Yesterday I had a duromine, today I won't. Been doing okay I think. Back into my regular exercise routine which is great. I am supposed to be going away next week which is a bit scary because it means not exercising and probably indulging too much, but if I can stick to my calories that is the main thing.

Side effects seem to have mostly worn off and I've been sleeping fine at night. Will see how today goes without a tablet though. Wonder if I'll be super emotional. Might try and do the whole weekend without any duromine.

nobodybutme said:
Day 5 of my journey! Yesterday I had a duromine, today I won't. Been doing okay I think. Back into my regular exercise routine which is great. I am supposed to be going away next week which is a bit scary because it means not exercising and probably indulging too much, but if I can stick to my calories that is the main thing.

Side effects seem to have mostly worn off and I've been sleeping fine at night. Will see how today goes without a tablet though. Wonder if I'll be super emotional. Might try and do the whole weekend without any duromine.

Hello there! Sorry I was a little bit away. Now I ready your last two updates and I am smiling, because I like your approach to this weight loss journey VERY MUCH! slow and steady – very good. The main thing is to remain consistent as you go.

Will you have at least a possibility to walk… I am talking about the next week… Half an hour of walking may be. It will be sufficient to not totally stop the weight loss process. And, of course, take good care about your nutrition. Don’t let this week drop you back or make you relaxed. Staying focused and in a great mood – that’s what you should do! Have a nice weekend! Hope, it goes well!

Okay so officially one week in on duromine and I've lost 1.6kg over the week! I'm stoked! So since recommitting to my weight loss journey I've lost 4.6kg in 6 weeks! Got about 13.2kg to go!

Didn't do great yesterday as ate an entire block of chocolate and some biscuits. Really got to get out of that mindset, but am working on it! Did a big meal prep yesterday too and made 26 meals.

Today is a non duromine day and I didn't get a good sleep last night so am hoping to have a nap.

Was meant to be going away this weekend but not sure if my car will be back from the smash repairers so might not be able to go. But if I can't go I am just going to enjoy the time at home decluttering and going to the gym.

Going to write down my goals:

SW: 87.9kg
CW: 83.2kg
1st GW: 82kg
2nd GW: 78kg
3rd GW: 75kg
4th GW: 72kg
GW: 70-72kg

Hi! Sorry you had to eat this large amount of carbohydrates… Something is going on with you and you truly need to figure out what it is. Why you need them, why you can’t stop after enjoying the taste… And. One of the most important things is to figure what things can help you replace food when you have such feelings that make you jump on them. This might sound boring, but it really helps… to listen to yourself… discuss the problems and understand how you can solve them. Don’t accumulate negative emotions and don’t let yourself get bored. Take care and enjoy moving forward in suc ha great pace! Congratulations on your weight loss!!!

Oh I overeat because I'm greedy and have little impulse control. Especially with chocolate! It's the same with spending money. I don't think long term, just spend or eat instantly! I totally own it though and am working on it.

Good for you! You know the problem and are trying to cope with it! spending money is a lot more difficult to control… I think… Well, it was a lot easier for me to give up sweets, than give up impulsive shopping. =) However, it is amazing when you get the control over your actions. Feels really different. From the bottom of my heart, I wish you to gain that self-control and find a nice hobby that might help you get over this.

Did you manage to sleep well? How was the day without Duromine all in all?

I seem to be struggling with my non duromine days. Ate bit great on Wednesday and Thursday but have been trying to get it back in control now. Weigh in tomorrow but I think I will have gained weight. Mostly because my period is due and also I've been doing a lot of weights so my muscles are retaining water. Need to get a tape measure and go off my measurements though! Feeling a bit flat and sick of this weight loss roller coaster!

Hi! Yes, period seriously alters the numbers we see on the scales, so I hope that you will not get discouraged if the result is far from the expected ones. Besides, like you said, you have been building muscles lately. I am sure that everything is going well. Keep it strong! I know that it’s very hard, but you will get used to it. Slowly… non-Duromine days will get easier, when you see higher results and your body gets used to lower food intake. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Stay consistent as much as you can. Do not give up on your goal, even if you fall of the track. Just convince yourself that you have to go all the way through this journey, no matter what. Have a nice day!

Hi nobodybutme, do you think your body is struggling to get into a routine because you are taking Duromine some days and not other days? If you're on 30 mg, could you ask your doctor for 15 mg instead so you can take it every day? It might help with mood and sleep issues. Or not! But you do say you are struggling on non-Duromine days and it's a roller coaster. Taking a dose every day could help smooth things out. Most people do take it every day.

Reactions: April
I took the 30 mg caps both days at 6 am to avoid sleep issues. Both days I've been absolutely starving, more hungry than usual, despite having 2 boiled eggs for breakfast and an apple mid morning. I got up at midday, having no extra energy whatsoever. Aside from the dry, sandpaper mouth and extra hunger, no change. Does this mean it's not the one for me? I already exercise daily, eat fairly healthily, but was drinking more wine and being immobile after an accident (subsequently losing my job) I have gained quite a few kg in a few months. Should I be patient? People seem to say it kicks in immediately.

Hi all,

I'm a T4 Paraplegic using a manual wheelchair.
As you can imagine not much exercise options other than pushing laps at local netball courts etc. Also getting to a stage where the shoulders are gone and may need reconstruction surgery.

I'm seeking some Aussie blokes success stories as motivation, (there isn't many males on here by the looks), especially for when times get tough to carry on.
Food advice or tips for a calorie counting app, or recipes sites etc.

I've just started yesterday 28 Oct 2017 at 116kg and searching a target weight of 90kg is this an optimistic goal weight?

Would love to hear any feedback.

Cheers

hi kaystrong, welcome to the club!

I am on also on 30mg. I am now on Week 2 Day 1 and I never felt better. Last week was crazy, my body was adjusting to the drug and the side effects. I did not sleep the first night but now I sleep like a baby. The only side effects that persist till now are the thirst, dry mouth and the bland appetite. I guess that is something that I have to deal with so long as im on it.

Different people has varying side effects and results. I lost 2kilos last week, others may lose more or less. It depends on the individual. What is most important is to listen to your body. I tried doing pushups today and it felt like the insides of my stomach is twisting and churning. It was painful, I had to stop.

I believe it will take a while to lose weight, we didnt gain it all overnight did we?

Sarziee said:
hi kaystrong, welcome to the club!

I am on also on 30mg. I am now on Week 2 Day 1 and I never felt better. Last week was crazy, my body was adjusting to the drug and the side effects. I did not sleep the first night but now I sleep like a baby. The only side effects that persist till now are the thirst, dry mouth and the bland appetite. I guess that is something that I have to deal with so long as im on it.

Different people has varying side effects and results. I lost 2kilos last week, others may lose more or less. It depends on the individual. What is most important is to listen to your body. I tried doing pushups today and it felt like the insides of my stomach is twisting and churning. It was painful, I had to stop.

I believe it will take a while to lose weight, we didnt gain it all overnight did we?
Hi Sarziee, thanks for taking the trouble to contribute and your words of wisdom. I'm not in a hurry to lose the weight, more concerned with the drug etc, being one who never normally takes any medication whatsoever, even my asthma unless I'm desperate! Most people I've read have said it works instantly but there's not enough information on the drug Web site, my doctor told me nothing and there was no leaflet. If someone said it could be a week before you notice an effect (not the outcome ie loss), that's great. Third day today: pill, breakfast of 2 boiled eggs, hungry by 10 and tired so had a trim coffee, starving more than normal by 12, so had some chicken and avocado salad, starving again at 4 so had a bowl of grapes, (drinking lots of water, ), hungry again at 6 and ate dinner - a small steak with tomato salad, 2 new potatoes and natural yoghurt dressing, with soda and lime cordial to drink. It's 8.30 pm now and I'm in bed because I'm worn out. Walked 13,000 steps today but that is not at all unusual. What is unusual is the lack of energy.

Hi Kay

I have asthma too and it can be pretty bad when there's haze here. I was also concerned of the drug particularly as I do have a condition of SVT (rapid heart rate), believe you me there are many things I have to consider before taking it. But I told myself that I will stop if it proves too much. Like I mentioned, last week was crazy and I have this "simmering" anxiety, it makes me feel moody and restless ..it was awful. Still, I persevere. I guess maybe you need time for it to work on you for you to conclude if its the right med for you.

Perhaps you should relook into your diet and see if you are eating enough. For me 2 boiled eggs for breakfast is a pretty sad meal. Why dont you have a salad as a side and hardboiled eggs with a healthy dressing? Or maybe toast with avocado and egg...maybe you need more food for energy? I am just speculating, as you know I started Duromine last week, and I was doing everything 'backwards', I did my research while I was on it, I started learning how to eat well, experimenting here and there. For example, I thought calorie counting was good for me but it makes me more depressed so I do away with that. I make it a point to look at food in another perspective, like looking at it, its colours, texture, taste, chewing food longer instead of just gobbling it up.. I see food as nutrition. So when I see it that way, I want more than just 2 hardboiled eggs. I want a meal of protein, veggie and carb. I did a lot of self-talking lol, makes me feel like im in control of my diet. And I had 1 litre of water for every meal. I snack only if necessary because drinking 1 litre of water takes time. Warm water.

if something doesnt work you then tweak it. You could also keep a diary or a blog like I do. there's always something new everyday to discover and learn and apply..it's a journey, Kay. and im more excited than before.

Reactions: April
Well done, you do seem to be on the right track all round. And thanks for your advice.

Kaystrong said:
Well done, you do seem to be on the right track all round. And thanks for your advice.

Thank you! I still have a long way to go ;)

Also, there's nothing more sexier than getting your body in shape while your man cheers you on:p