Duromine Day 2

Great job on the loss so far. Seems like you are doing really well!

I've been having pretty deep sleeps this week too, not sure why though, but I've been loving it!

Reactions: DiaryofADuroDamzel
Day 8-first day of the 2nd week!

I had a big night last night and today with food. We went out to dinner and I unfortunately ordered a chicken parmigiana with chillies. I figured that I could have something unhealthy for one meal, I'm feeling pretty upset that I didn't choose a healthy alternative. However, I would normally finish this meal, and still look for dessert. I couldn't finish it all though, I was stuffed!

We also went out to breaky and couldn't finish it either. I also noticed that I go from having breakfast and don't think about eating until night time, which is not good. I want to have a balanced diet throughout the day and don't want to fast for long periods between meals. I'm going to try and at least have some fruit during the day.

I didn't weigh myself today! Simply because this weekend has been crazy busy and I just forgot. I want to weigh myself in the morning to see how bad I messed up over the weekend though. Hopefully I'm not back to my pre duromine weight

Hi Kiara,
I'm also hoping to reach my goal weight before our wedding in March. I'm currently 82kg. My goal weight is 65kg. I've been prescribed 15mg for 1month to begin. I've been going to the gym doing both cardio and weights for 1year now and my weight and measurements have not budged so clearly I'm eating terribly. I started duromine 3 days ago. From day 1 I noticed my appetite was less, some head aches and sleep was u effected. If I can drop ~5kg by my Dr weigh in in 4 weeks I'll be happy. I haven't been in the 70s since before I was pregnant with my now 1.5 year old.

Hi Kiara dont beat yourself up about the occasional bad food choice. As long as you are back on track that is the main thing and you knew to stop when you felt full. I feel great when I cant eat a full meal anymore and know when to stop. I have the same problem when I have a big breaky I can go all day without eating sometimes I have to force myself to have dinner. Who would have we could go all day without food and still survive ;-) I have my fingers crossed for you for the morning weigh in - you will be fine. T xo

Reactions: Kiara
tanlucer said:
Hi Tan. I thought the same 3mths was all you could be on D. When I had my initial app with my very understanding and supportive Dr he said that I could use D for as long as I needed to. At my 2mth check up my Dr said that as I had no major side effects and that I was loosing my weight slowly and sensibly he gave me my 3mth script with another 3 mths of repeats.
That's fabulous!! Hopefully I can do the same ;) and you've done so well! What great weight loss, go you!!

Reactions: tanlucer
Hi Kiara!
What great weight loss you are having!! I'm up to about wk 6 and have gone from 97.5 to 93.5, Its coming off slow and steady for me :/ I can't wait to get back into the 80s!!! And then work my way down from there. Pre baby weight I used to think when I got to 75kgs I was big now that's my goal weight!!! Lol
That sucks about that rude sales lady at the bridal shop! I hope you will take your business wlsewhere. Some people should just not be in customer service! I hope by now you have put it behind you and moved onwards and upwards! I'm sure by the results you are already having you will do really well on duromine

Tan said:
Hi Kiara!
What great weight loss you are having!! I'm up to about wk 6 and have gone from 97.5 to 93.5, Its coming off slow and steady for me :/ I can't wait to get back into the 80s!!! And then work my way down from there. Pre baby weight I used to think when I got to 75kgs I was big now that's my goal weight!!! Lol
That sucks about that rude sales lady at the bridal shop! I hope you will take your business wlsewhere. Some people should just not be in customer service! I hope by now you have put it behind you and moved onwards and upwards! I'm sure by the results you are already having you will do really well on duromine

I am so excited to get back down to the 80s, hopefully I achieve it in the next two weeks! I really need to make more of an effort to exercise more though.

Definitely taking my business elsewhere! I have left a review for her and found many ppl had the same experience as I did. It just sucked because I felt I came so far in weightloss, just for me to brought down a couple pegs in the space of a few mins.

Since I live in a smallish place we are going to travel to visit more stores, so my revised mini goal for the 8th of August is to be 88kgs, fingers crossed to be under the 90s mark! Going to be some hard work but I need to do this for me.

Reactions: Yols_69 and Pat
Kiara said:
I am so excited to get back down to the 80s, hopefully I achieve it in the next two weeks! I really need to make more of an effort to exercise more though.

Definitely taking my business elsewhere! I have left a review for her and found many ppl had the same experience as I did. It just sucked because I felt I came so far in weightloss, just for me to brought down a couple pegs in the space of a few mins.

Since I live in a smallish place we are going to travel to visit more stores, so my revised mini goal for the 8th of August is to be 88kgs, fingers crossed to be under the 90s mark! Going to be some hard work but I need to do this for me.
I'm liking ready your updates. Our goals are very similar. I'm also from a smallish town, Albury. Reading these posts gives me encouragement that I can do it too. I weighed myself this morning, so day 4 and I've lost 1kg. Hopefully I can keep the numbers going down. My mini goal is getting back to 70s. Then 75 then 60s. My biggest challenge is preparing food in advance. I need to be more organised and I think I would eat a lot better.
Good luck with your 80s goal.

I'm so sorry to post this in here but this is my first time on the forum. Can someone please tell me how to do a post??

JWebb said:
I'm so sorry to post this in here but this is my first time on the forum. Can someone please tell me how to do a post??
If you go back to the first page "my experience with...' There's a pink tab up the very top.

JWebb said:
Just go to the home page, choose the topic where you want to post and choose "Post new thread". You can then decide on the subject line and go from there.

Thanks Kiara!

Ok so today was day 6, day 7 tomorrow which I will weigh in.

I haven't felt like posting the last few days, Ive been so lethargic and SO grumpy. Like hulk, wanting to pick things up at smash them kind of hulky :\ Im hoping its PMS (AF due tomorrow!) otherwise big re-evaluation coming up!

Pat said:
I'm liking ready your updates. Our goals are very similar. I'm also from a smallish town, Albury. Reading these posts gives me encouragement that I can do it too. I weighed myself this morning, so day 4 and I've lost 1kg. Hopefully I can keep the numbers going down. My mini goal is getting back to 70s. Then 75 then 60s. My biggest challenge is preparing food in advance. I need to be more organised and I think I would eat a lot better.
Good luck with your 80s goal.

Congrats on your loss so far! Hoping your Journey goes quickly (hoping mine does too hehe).

It is lovely to read such a bubbly, positive account of your journey. I am sure it will inspire a lot of people who are scared of side effects. Thank you, can't wait for next post!:):)

DiaryofADuroDamzel said:
Thanks Kiara!

Ok so today was day 6, day 7 tomorrow which I will weigh in.

I haven't felt like posting the last few days, Ive been so lethargic and SO grumpy. Like hulk, wanting to pick things up at smash them kind of hulky :\ Im hoping its PMS (AF due tomorrow!) otherwise big re-evaluation coming up!
Stay calm darling:laughing: PMS definitely
It happens with everybody from time to time)))
Good luck for tomorrow! We are waiting for your great results.

Thought I'd update on my symptoms this week. I am noticing that I have dry mouth all day, it's not too unpleasant, just a tiny bit annoying.

Another thing is I think I am having more stomach upsets while on duromine. I think I've mentioned before that I'm prone to getting stomach upsets, it just seems that I get it more often on duromine. It might just be a coincidence though of course!

I weighed myself last night after work and I'm still the weight I was on saturday. Today I jumped onto the scales since I had sickly morning and was curious to how my body is reacting, and im actually 1.5 kilos heavier. Just a bit strange as I was on the toilet all morning tmi haha. I'm not taking it seriously but though.

Really keen to buy a treadmill in a couple weeks time (after the expensive bills are paid ) to increase my exercise. Thinking of going to Sydney to try on wedding dresses in 3 weeks so I'm hoping to be under 90 by the time we go. That would be a fantastic boost of confidence!

Reactions: sharon71
I had a sneaky weigh in -400g.

I'm feeling like my weightloss will not be nearly as amazing as my first week (as a lot of people have documented). I might just missed the 1 kilo loss this week.. I'm not really surprised tbh, after having a big weekend with some alcohol and bad food choices and being sick yesterday I don't have high hopes for my weekly weigh in. I think I may have thrown up my duromine yesterday morning while I was sick.

I'm gonna stay positive and hope that I get down to 93kg by Saturday but we will see...

Kiara said:
I had a sneaky weigh in -400g.

I'm feeling like my weightloss will not be nearly as amazing as my first week (as a lot of people have documented). I might just missed the 1 kilo loss this week.. I'm not really surprised tbh, after having a big weekend with some alcohol and bad food choices and being sick yesterday I don't have high hopes for my weekly weigh in. I think I may have thrown up my duromine yesterday morning while I was sick.

I'm gonna stay positive and hope that I get down to 93kg by Saturday but we will see...
Stay positive. You'll soon enough be in the 80s. 1 day at a time.