Can Your Body Become Immune To Duromine?

Hi Brooke
I am only in Week 3 and I felt that some days after exercise and get up the next morning I can fell my tummy starting to get a bit rumbly for food
So when I feel that I had the pill and a weight loss shake for breakfast (around 7am ish) and a couple of big glasses of water and then had a black tea or coffee with a snack around 9 or 10AM
I feel like the caffeine also surpresses the appetite too but if I have more than one coffee I wont sleep at night
Hope this helps

Reactions: Anapolis
Oh thanks for the reply Mumo3girls. I will take note of that. A bit nervous to go to my Doc, not seeing him, as h knows me well, but just the thought of it all

Reactions: Mumo3girls
Hi, Karin:)

It's totally fine to have no side effects. Please do not think that if you have none, then the pills don't work (if that's what you think). I'd say you are lucky:p
Wishing you best results ;)

Hi everyone - I just have a quick question in regards to your body becoming immune to duromine.. I'm 25 and have been taking 30g duromine for the last 2.5months! My journey has been amazing so far.. I've lost a total of 10kgs in the first 2 months of taking it. Unfortunately though I have noticed in the last few weeks I haven't lost any weight but also haven't gained anything either. I haven't done anything differently since starting.. I'm still on a healthy diet and I'm still working out 3 days a week.

As this is my first time taking duromine I'm not sure if this is a common thing?? I haven't had any problems - the only side effect I suffer from is the 'dry mouth' you get used to that

I was wondering if anyone else has had this obstacle before? And how did you kick start duromine to start working again?

I'm wanting to lose another 10kgs which will bring me to my goal weight but for some reason my body just won't budge from my current weight.. this has been a problem in the past when I was just dieting.. I can get to a certain weight but can never drop under that weight number no matter how hard I try... It's driving me crazy

Good job on losing the 10kg that is such a great loss you should be proud of that!

I don't think you could become 'immune' to Duromine in 2 months, generally, the closer you get to your weight loss goal the harder you have to work with or without the Duromine. Measure yourself as well, while you might not be losing on the scales you may be gaining muscle and losing cm's.

Did your Dr test for thyroid/hormone problems? These can make it difficult to shift weight.

I would say it's time to take it up a level. Up your workouts to be more frequent and more intense, perhaps change what you're doing or add in more of what you're missing such as more cardio or more and heavier weights. Weights build muscle and the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn. Also look really closely at your diet and see if there is anything you can fine tune, clean it up in a sense of try not to eat anything processed and make sure you're getting in lots of veg.

I feel your frustration as this is the exact reason I'm on Duromine, it's really disheartening when you work hard and just can't shift the weight but don't stop trying. It is really worth it once you break through the plateau :)

I think your body do build up a tolerance. I have been on Duromine for 5 months and the weight loss was great the first 3 months but it not nearly as good now. Still have at least 20kg to go so it is quite a bit. I am thinking of trying something else. Or maybe double the dose but I am not sure if that is safe?
Have anyone taken a double dose. I have the 30mg. Or maybe take 2 capsules every second day?

YES! the first month is magical! The second is ok and the third sucks. I recommend taking breaks between prescriptions so your body can have that first magical month again!

Today is the first day off taking it I took it at 7am and feel no different compared to normal does it mean it's not working it's been a few hours since 7am this morning when should it start to kick in the only symptom I've had is a really dry mouth that's all so far or keep drinking water please help me I am on the 30mg tablet would it work by tomorrow or today thanks I really wanna get down to 65 kilos so not much to lose thanks

I've been on and off duromine for 5 years now and yes your body does build a tolerance to it but that's after long term use.

You may need to look at increasing your exercise or review your calories to make sure you're not eating too little.

Long term Dr can up you to 40mg.

That's what I take now and always have since my body has to effect on 30mg after long term use

KyJB said:
Oh thanks for the reply Mumo3girls. I will take note of that. A bit nervous to go to my Doc, not seeing him, as h knows me well, but just the thought of it all

Hello KyJB. Did you eventually go to your doctor? Are you already on Duromine? I would appreciate if you share your experience, and everyone on this forum will gladly support you on your way! Did you make any serious lifestyle changes? Wish you all the best and good luck!

Hi All,

I started Duromine earlier this week and was curious as to when everyone's side effects started? Was it instant? Or a few days/weeks later?

Also, how do you feel about food? Do you still get hungry but not as hungry as you used to be or are you not interested in food at all?

My side effects have been almost non-existent. I sleep really well and only have a slightly dry mouth. I have always been a big water drinker though so I imagine that helps.

I'm finding with food I'm not really hungry but know when to eat if that makes sense. I also don't have any binge urges which is great.

NaomiR87 said:
Hi All,

I started Duromine earlier this week and was curious as to when everyone's side effects started? Was it instant? Or a few days/weeks later?

Also, how do you feel about food? Do you still get hungry but not as hungry as you used to be or are you not interested in food at all?

My side effects have been almost non-existent. I sleep really well and only have a slightly dry mouth. I have always been a big water drinker though so I imagine that helps.

I'm finding with food I'm not really hungry but know when to eat if that makes sense. I also don't have any binge urges which is great.

Hello Naomi! Side effects, just like all possible good effects of Duromine manifest in every person in a different way and time. There is no certain schedule or list that your body should be following to know that Duromine works for you. Some people manage to go through Duromine course without suffering from any adverse effects.

The way your relationship with food is – it’s actually the best option of appetite suppression that you can get on Duromine. I prefer this one to total absence of hunger. You do get hungry and get full from small amount of food – PERFECT! Now you need to make sure that these small meals contain only healthy foods and, of course, you need to exercise, if you want to lose weight at a high and consistent rate. Best of luck!

Hi guys, I’ve been on duromine for the past 10 days, I started off at 156kg and lost on 600gm in 10 days?

However every time I weigh myself I feel like my weight is going up instead of down some days I’ll be 154kg and when i wake up I’m 155kg?

I’ve been gyming 5 days a week doing cardio for 45min followed by weights 5min.

I’m eating well, I don’t follow a specific diet but have been counting calories to about 1200 per day. Normal day I’d eat
Morning - oats
Lunch - 2 boiled eggs with chicken Brest
Dinner green salad or boiled veggies!

I drink over 5L of water every day cause I find my mout to be dry.

PleSe help me where can I improve? Cause I really need to get rid of all this weight as I’m only 25

Hey Kacha, welcome into this Duromine community! I can understand your frustration… You exercise a lot and eat quite little. In fact, your menu does not sound like 1200 calories at all. Not sure of the portion size though. However, I am sure that they are not too big. So you might be:
  1. Eating insufficient amount of food
  2. Building muscles
Both will not show as a weight loss on the scales. First, I would advise you to make some measurements with a measuring tape, and use it in addition to the scales – to measure your results. And, of course, I would advise you to very carefully monitor your nutrition. It seems to be low in calories…

With the dry mouth.. you can also find it helpful to chew some gum. Water is good. However, extreme amount of water can cause imbalance in your body and wash out necessary substances. So be careful.

Hi,

I started my weight loss journey in September last year without the help of duromine. I lost 12kg just with healthy eating and exercise. In December my weight loss stalled so I went see my doctor for help.

I started taking Duromine about 2 weeks ago. In the first week I lost around 3kg but now I have completely stalled on week 2 losing absolutely nothing. I am eating small, very healthy, 3 meals a day and exercsing for at least half an hour everyday.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any tips on what I can do to get better results for week 3?

Hi Nadia! Welcome to the forum and my applause for your successful weight loss before Duromine! Great job!

As for the plateau in week 2 – it’s quite a common thing. When is your weigh in day, or you weigh yourself every morning? Isn’t “this time of the month” approaching? As a rule, the weight starts shifting again the next week.

If it really bothers or discourages you, you can give your body a “shake”. I mean, make a day or two, when you consume by 20% more calories than you do every day, and then continue eating as you were eating all the time. This should kick start the weight loss. OR you can increase the intensity of your exercises OR add strength exercises to your usual routine. In two weeks, our body usually gets used to everything we do, so we need to change something to break the usual pattern.

I hope this helps. All the best to you!

Nadia, how is it going? Did the weight begin to move? Any changes?

Hi Kate,
My father is 50+.
Can he use duromine to lose weight?
What is the dosage for him?