Hi Mrs B

How exciting moving house... also very stressful and a lot of hard work if you move it yourself I hope your settling in well

Sorry to read about the trouble your having... but I am pleased to read you have a plan....they do say the last 4 or so are the hardest to loose... looks like April gave you some good tips
Oh tabata and boot camp that should move those stubborn 4kg I feel confident that you will loose that 4 just may take a little longer than you hoped... but even if it does.... the main thing is you do loose it

I look forward to your next update

Dee:)

Reactions: April
Mrs-B, sounds like you’ve been a very busy bee these days. Hope you moved your house to a really nice place and already are enjoying the results of your hard work. And now get back on that wise eating, please!!! I know how it is, when you’re on the road. Now it’s time to get back on track. Wish you all the best and hope these stubborn 4 kilos start giving in in the shortest possible time!

I always had a weight problem since I was a child.
But it got out of hand when I started university and post that I got diagnosed with BPDII whilst doing my internship.
I was placed on a cocktail of horrible medication in 2011 which skyrocketed my weight by 10 kg's in a few months.
All because they were trying to figure out if I suffered from anxiety, or some mood disorder.
After that in 2013 I was placed on the last cocktail -- Seroquel and Epilim.
Quite a high dosage but this changed my life for the best, and for the worst too.
I now suffer from "old weight" that I've accumulated during my horrible years.
I tried everything-- diets, gyms, personal trainers, karate, pilates, you name it I have been in it.
And all it did to me was make me spend money and make me pick up weight.

However, last year June I got a wake up call with my weight that was at a horrid 95kgs. [I was at 97kgs before].
I decided to change my life drastically and cut out sugars, salt, starch etc. All the bad "stuff". Permanently.
I went on a serious healthy eating lifestyle for good.
I lost 10kgs, and then 12kgs. But the problem then arose -- A "plateau".
I wasn't losing a thing. My weight is now at a stage of going up and down within a week.
To be honest I just think it's because I'm on medication that makes my journey of weight loss a little more difficult.
It's not an excuse but a reality.
Which led me to this pill. Something to aid me in getting back on track again.
To lose this weight and reach my goal of being a healthy person and within a good BMI range.

In short: I start my first 15mg Duromine tomorrow morning and this will be a tracking tool for me.
I hope I can keep it consistent. And I'm going to be as realistic as possible with my expectations too.
Because I've hoped in so much and it never returned much which left me disappointed, I'm a little bit of a prude.
But I know that this is something new and with that, I'll see things new and start new.

Stats:
Current weight:
86kgs
Short term goal weight: 80kgs
Long term goal weight: 74kgs (apparently my magic weight)

Will update soon with the feedback in a few days. :)
Fingers crossed.

Hello nth and very very very welcome here, to the forum! I am happy to be the first who wishes you a successful Duromine journey. From the bottom of my heart I wish all your excess kilos to go away once and for all. Gaining weight because of treatment is a horrible thing, and, in fact, quite hard to fight afterwards.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that Duromine will be the kick-start pill and you will manage to keep it consistent. After all, you are taking a strong drug for quite a restricted period of time, and your task is to do all you can (and can’t) to get as close to your goal, as possible, or reach it. So, no playing around, just serious stuff and high motivation! =) Good luck to you and I am looking forward to your updates.

Feedback.

Today is day 3 and my feedback is as follows:

SW: 86 kg
CW: 84 kg

After three days I've lost 2 kgs.
I never thought this would happen to me.
I lost all faith in almost anything weight-loss related.
But when I got on the scale tonight something told me don't look.
And when I did, there it read "84".

I'm pleased. And very excited.
My next weigh in will be on Wednesday.
I cannot wait for the results.

Overall, I feel good, a little headache here and there, I'm drinking water like mad, and my appetite is very minimal.
It's all very overwhelming to me, because of the disbelief, but reality is, I lost 2 kgs after 3 days.

Round 2 to go.
:)

April said:
Hello nth and very very very welcome here, to the forum! I am happy to be the first who wishes you a successful Duromine journey. From the bottom of my heart I wish all your excess kilos to go away once and for all. Gaining weight because of treatment is a horrible thing, and, in fact, quite hard to fight afterwards.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that Duromine will be the kick-start pill and you will manage to keep it consistent. After all, you are taking a strong drug for quite a restricted period of time, and your task is to do all you can (and can’t) to get as close to your goal, as possible, or reach it. So, no playing around, just serious stuff and high motivation! =) Good luck to you and I am looking forward to your updates.

Thanks a lot. I'm glad this site exists for all those who need support.

Oh that's wonderful, nth! I am so glad for you, for your first noticeable result!

See, if you really want something it happens to you, and you deserved this weight loss I am sure:) From now on, don't even dare doubt yourself:laughing:

Wooohoooo!! What a great start! Keep it up, nth! There’s so much more you will achieve if you preserve the same decisive approach. I am so excited to know what your weight loss plan is. Do you mind sharing it? I wish you a great new week ahead and new exciting figures on your scales! Fingers crossed =))

Hello nth, how is it going? Did your gastrointestinal issues subside? Hope you are feeling better and managed to adjust your nutrition to perfection.

I am very happy that Duromine works so well for you and you managed to withstand the KFC temptation. You can be proud of yourself!

I know how hard it can be to start eating in the morning and adding one more meal into the afternoon. But you have to, and you will do it right.

Make sure that you eat just enough to reach the 1000-1200 daily caloric value with only healthy foods, and you’ll be just great! I wish you a lovely day!

April said:
Hello nth, how is it going? Did your gastrointestinal issues subside? Hope you are feeling better and managed to adjust your nutrition to perfection.

I am very happy that Duromine works so well for you and you managed to withstand the KFC temptation. You can be proud of yourself!

I know how hard it can be to start eating in the morning and adding one more meal into the afternoon. But you have to, and you will do it right.

Make sure that you eat just enough to reach the 1000-1200 daily caloric value with only healthy foods, and you’ll be just great! I wish you a lovely day!

Hi April, I'm still dealing with a little noise.
Seems like my stomach doesn't like the change in eating.
But I will have to make it get used to this new way of life.

I've implemented a mini cereal in the morning, a light sandwich in the afternoon and a healthy protein and veg meal at night.
Fruit as snacks and water as my dominant liquid.
Only other liquid intake I have is decaf, sugar free coffee.
Sounds boring but it sustains me.

Thanks!

Update.

Today is day 6 and my feedback is as follows:

CW: 82.4 kg

Overall loss 3.6kgs.
Might sound little but a miracle for me.
It took me three weeks or literally a month to lose that much when I was without this medication.
Just proves that you need to help yourself too.

I'm not sure if water is the major factor of this loss but it doesn't matter.
I feel lighter, I can wear my smaller shirts again and I just feel like something is right.

In terms of energy surges like the rest, mine isn't very prominent.
It's probably due to the counter medication I have, Seroquel and Epilim which promotes a sedation effect.
Doesn't matter, I am a fairly busy person and I'm not supposed to be on a high anyway.
Inflated highs can give rise to mania and I really don't have time for that now.

In all, I'm pleased with this medication. It surprises me every day, and I hope that it does the same to everybody else
even if it's in the slightest of ways.

Will give another update on Saturday.

Keep going!

Reactions: April
Hello nth. Wow! Congratulations! That’s a fantastic result in 6 days! Being able to wear smaller shirts and feeling lighter gives you wings and incentive to continue working even harder, doesn’t it? ;))

I hope you will keep going and pushing as hard as you can to get even better results! Have a wonderful day and looking forward to your Saturday update!

Hi Mummaj! How is it going? Three weeks on Duromine… How are the results? How do you feel? Eating healthy and exercising? =) Have a great day and I really hope on hearing from you very soon!

Mrs-B said:
Not so good... I seem to have stopped losing for the last few days. I'm not sure what more I can do to be honest, I've been putting the effort in at the gym, every second day during the work week and every day on break. I'm barely eating and it's healthy when I do with the occasional small treat, not 1 drop of alcohol and I've cut down to 1 coffee a day with skim milk and no sugar... I'll keep going though and hope I break through. If not when I go back to the Dr I'll ask for another script and have a week or so off and see if that can kick start getting these stubborn 4kgs I have left

Hello Mrs-B. How’ve you been? Is everything ok? Are you still fighting these last nasty 4 kilos? Keep my fingers crossed for your success and wish you a great day and weekend!

Hello there Mummaj! Where’ve you been? What are you doing in this lovely day? Are you still on Duromine or decided to try and change your life without it? Did you use these shakes you mentioned? I am so excited to hear your news. Hope, these will come very soon.

Have a great day and write soon!

nth said:
Update.

Today is day 6 and my feedback is as follows:

CW: 82.4 kg

Overall loss 3.6kgs.
Might sound little but a miracle for me.
It took me three weeks or literally a month to lose that much when I was without this medication.
Just proves that you need to help yourself too.

I'm not sure if water is the major factor of this loss but it doesn't matter.
I feel lighter, I can wear my smaller shirts again and I just feel like something is right.

In terms of energy surges like the rest, mine isn't very prominent.
It's probably due to the counter medication I have, Seroquel and Epilim which promotes a sedation effect.
Doesn't matter, I am a fairly busy person and I'm not supposed to be on a high anyway.
Inflated highs can give rise to mania and I really don't have time for that now.

In all, I'm pleased with this medication. It surprises me every day, and I hope that it does the same to everybody else
even if it's in the slightest of ways.

Will give another update on Saturday.

Keep going!

Hello nth! How is it going so far? Two weeks on Duromine, right? Did you get any more weight loss over the last week? How do you feel? Did your stomach get used to the eating changes? I hope on hearing from you soon with some news. Fingers crossed for that mini goal of yours to be close.

A great day to you!

April said:
Hello nth! How is it going so far? Two weeks on Duromine, right? Did you get any more weight loss over the last week? How do you feel? Did your stomach get used to the eating changes? I hope on hearing from you soon with some news. Fingers crossed for that mini goal of yours to be close.

A great day to you!
Hi April,

I've been rather quiet indeed.
My job requires a lot of my time and I've been extremely busy.

At the same time, my results have not been good.
I've lost zero weight.
I'm going back and forth on 82.4 - 82.8 etc.
This is annoying, and very upsetting as I am on my 2nd week.

My eating habits have changed dramatically [in a good way], and my cravings have gone away.
But I do not know, it seems like this 15 mg is too weak.
At the same time I am starting to wonder if it isn't my Seroquel and Epilim delaying this process as I am on a very high dosage of both these medications.
I'm at a very confused point in my life where I feel that my mental medication is just ruining my efforts to lose weight completely.
I am planning to visit the psychiatrist soon to discuss this with him.
And at the same time I'm going to see my GP to have him assess as to whether I should increase my dosage on Duromine to 30 mg because I have been putting in my bit and I cannot starve or eat any more than I do.

It's a constant battle with oneself when you're stuck in a rut and not knowing what to do.
The first 2 days were the only days I lost weight and from there nothing.
I am not blaming the Duromine but I am considering the effects of my other medication on the Duromine's potency.

I will not give up. I'm continuing this 30 month batch I got, but I am surely going to have a look into what is going on.

Last time I weighed, was yesterday: 01.03.17
So here's my stats;

CW: 82.8 kg (after 2 weeks)
Disappointed, but I know why at least.

Will get back to this as soon as I have time, and get my answers.

Thanks! :)

nth said:
Hi April,

I've been rather quiet indeed.
My job requires a lot of my time and I've been extremely busy.

At the same time, my results have not been good.
I've lost zero weight.
I'm going back and forth on 82.4 - 82.8 etc.
This is annoying, and very upsetting as I am on my 2nd week.

My eating habits have changed dramatically [in a good way], and my cravings have gone away.
But I do not know, it seems like this 15 mg is too weak.
At the same time I am starting to wonder if it isn't my Seroquel and Epilim delaying this process as I am on a very high dosage of both these medications.
I'm at a very confused point in my life where I feel that my mental medication is just ruining my efforts to lose weight completely.
I am planning to visit the psychiatrist soon to discuss this with him.
And at the same time I'm going to see my GP to have him assess as to whether I should increase my dosage on Duromine to 30 mg because I have been putting in my bit and I cannot starve or eat any more than I do.

It's a constant battle with oneself when you're stuck in a rut and not knowing what to do.
The first 2 days were the only days I lost weight and from there nothing.
I am not blaming the Duromine but I am considering the effects of my other medication on the Duromine's potency.

I will not give up. I'm continuing this 30 month batch I got, but I am surely going to have a look into what is going on.

Last time I weighed, was yesterday: 01.03.17
So here's my stats;

CW: 82.8 kg (after 2 weeks)
Disappointed, but I know why at least.

Will get back to this as soon as I have time, and get my answers.

Thanks! :)

Hello nth. I can understand how annoying and upsetting a weight loss plateau can be, especially when you manage to lose not such a considerable weight. on the other hand, quite a lot people tend to have 1 week of “nothing”, i.e. no weight loss, and some even have a weight gain of around 0.5 kg. It usually happens during week 2 or 3. Hopefully, your weight starts lowering during the next week.

Now, I want to tell/suggest/discuss some things, and before I do , I must warn you that I am not a doctor, so these are just points to think over, and, if they make any sense, to discuss them with your doctor.

1. About your Duromine dosage. Yes, 15 mg is the lowest possible dose, and it works perfectly for many people. Indeed, many people manage to lose weight while on this dose. However, practically the same amount of people notice that 15 mg is too little for them and switch to 30 mg, where they start losing weight a lot better. You might try to discuss with your doctor the possibility of switching to 30 mg and leaving your remaining 15 mg pills to gradually exit Duromine course by lowering the dose, and then the frequency of use, so that you avoid any withdrawal symptoms. In fact, it’s a perfect way to exit Duromine therapy.

Again, you might be contraindicated to take 30 mg dose because of the mental medication you are taking, AND because Duromine might aggravate your mental condition, if used in higher dosage. No idea, these are just my suggestions.

2. I did some search on your mental medication. Possible side effects of both drugs include weight alternation/gain + appetite alternation/increase. However, it doesn’t mean you have them, so I would strongly advise not to focus on these. Our brain can do miracles both good and bad, so you might convince yourself that these drugs have nothing to do with your appetite and weight, and just go on with your weight loss plan. (do you still stick to the same eating regime? What about exercising? At least add some walks in brisk pace, pleeeeeeaaaaaseeee!!!!!)

From the bottom of my heart, I wish you success in this story. You have to fight with so many things, and you have to grab yourself, and say in a very strong and self-assured voice that you can do it and you will do it. Don’t give up and don’t let any minor misfortune break you. If you feel tired and sad, give it a good try, let it out. Then stand up, wash your face, put on comfortable shoes and run like crazy to let the bead mood come out with sweat and breath. Never forget, I am here for you. Have a very very good day!

Hello nth. How are you feeling? Did you manage to introduce any changes? What I have to tell you is that you don’t have to force you to introduce each and every change you need at once (though, of course, it would be great, if you could). You are going through a thorny road and, if you can take just one step at a time, go that pace. It might happen so that after you take a couple of slow steps, you will be able to make 2 or 3 at once, then start running and reach your goal. I often think of your situation, and I am praying that you don’t give up. I wish you a lucky day and a wonderful mood!!!

Hello there, Mrs-B. Any news? How are you doing on this lovely day? Hope everything’s fine and you will soon share your update. So looking forward and so keeping my fingers, hands, legs and everything else crossed for your success in fighting the last, most stubborn 4 kilos! Best of luck!

Reactions: Dee2017