Hi I wanted to wish you all the best on your weight loss journey :) I hope this month is what you need to kick start your loss

How did you go on your first day?

Dee

Last edited:
Thanks Dee, I did surprisingly well. I suffer from mild anxiety so was worried I'd be a a bit of a mess by the end of the day but I feel great, I am so excited to have help to shift this weight so I think that helps. I had a good workout this morning and was super energised.

So I weighed myself... I couldn't help it, I was super happy to have lost some weight already! I'm 64.4 today, I haven't been under 64 in 2 years so I am SO excited to see my weight in a couple of days.

So far I've been pretty good on the duromine, minimum side effects really other than trouble sleeping and this morning I went to do a 5km run and got 5 min in and had to stop because my heart was racing really badly but I did have a bit of anxiety which would have exaggerated that (normal for me) so I did an ab circuit instead. I've been at the gym every day, my workouts are generally weights with bursts of cardio in between for about 1-1.5 hours and once a week I'll do cardio only like HIIT or a run. I work an 8/6 roster so am on days off ATM, my workouts won't be as intense while I'm at work because I do 12hr days, have quite a physical job and have 3 kids at home so its usually just 1hour 3-4 days.

My diet has been pretty much like this;
Small amount of All Bran with milk and honey
An apple
2 rye cruskits with low fat cottage cheese, avocado and tomato
A few raw nuts
Meat and salad
Lots of water

I've had a muesli bar and a couple of fun size chocolates but I blame my hormones for the sweet cravings

I think the exercise is what has helped. I love to workout. I haven't always, after my son was born in 2010 I was about 85kg and did no form of exercise at all...so I bought a really cheap treadmill from gumtree and did the couch to 5k as well as the 30 day shred DVDs I would pop him into a porta cot and do my 30min a day my hubby was FIFO so I was a bit restricted and didn't have the confidence to join a gym. I got down to 58kgs and maintained that until the IUD. Since then I have grown to love it, I am so much more happy, I'm a better mum, a better wife and my house is more organised when I workout. I still get nervous going to the gym because there are some really hardcore people there but I keep telling myself that at least I'm there, even if I'm not training for a body building comp my time there is worth it. I could be at home on the couch.

Wowsers that's a long post. I hope you're all feeling great

Hi

WOW :laughing: that's a fantastic loss!!! you must be so pleased

Oh I loved reading your post I hope I too become a lover of exercise :) you are so right about the gym.... at least you are at the gym!

I know when I have seen a very obese person exercising (riding a bike on the road etc) I am inspired and think gosh I take my hat off to you because that must be so hard and your giving it a go and your not worried about what people think you are just working out for you....

I will be home tomorrow so I will be able to dance like no one is watching because they wont be... ha ha

I love cottage cheese... um I love all cheeses :eek:

I am looking forward to hearing about your next reading on the scales

Have a great night Dee

So my first week is done and this mornings weigh in has me sitting at 63.3 so a loss of 3.2 kgs in one week!

I'm feeling pretty good on the duromine, if I have something on my mind I have a hard time sleeping but other than that I feel good.

Start Weight 66.5
Current weight 63.3
Goal weight 58

Hey, Mrs-B, how’s it going so far? Seems like it’s time for another weigh in and another happy smile on your face! Hope, you did go to the gym this week and worked your… bottom... up and did enjoy it even more, knowing how close you are to your goal weight now. Hope on hearing from you soon. And have a great weekend!

Reactions: Mrs-B
Hey Mrs-B! Wow, I loved reading your posts!
I also quite like to exercise & go to the gym, and I like finding someone else who shares a common interest!
Like you, I have worked for years to try to lose weight (however, I'm needing to lose about 30kgs!) and am hoping the duromine will give me th kick-start I need :)

Hi Amy Liz,

Thanks. I have really grown to love a workout and I would probably even go as far as saying it's my only hobby. Hopefully duromine works as well for you as it is for me, my Dr said to me to keep training because that is the key to helping it work.

Good luck and I'll keep an eye out for your updates

Reactions: amyliz93
Thanks April, today is my weigh in day

So today is 2 weeks on duromine, I am still having pretty minimal side effects, work has been really stressful so I've been losing some sleep and on Thursday I didn't drink enough water (I live in a part of Australia where we have lots of 40+ days in summer) and I had a bad headache for most of the day yesterday as a result.

Diet has been average to be honest, not enough veg for lunch in the last 4 days as I wasn't prepared and I was eating on the run at work. I have trained every second day during my work week, mostly weights with a cardio warm up and bursts in between sets. My workouts are not as intense and weights are lighter in my work week, after doing a 12hr day and this week busting my a** at work I am not very strong.

My hubby said he might go get duromine too I was like no way, you have to at least try to lose weight first I've been trying for ages. So in the last two weeks he's been hitting the gym with me every time and is looking great! He hasn't lost much on the scales but is toning up, and looks like he's lost lots.. all he needed was a bit of consistency to his training (which I have been telling him) and its made so much difference so we are both loving our results.

stats are:
Start weight: 66.5
Current weight: 62.5
Goal weight: 58

I've lost 4kg exactly since starting and I am super happy with that. I can't believe how easy it has been with the duromine after me trying so hard for 2 years. I know the weightloss will slow now which is going to be tough but I will keep pushing. I think if I can get to 60 by the end of the next two weeks I'll be satisfied and have a week or two off to see if I can lose any without the duromine.

I've also lost 4cm off my bum, 1.5cm off each thigh and 4cm off my stomach. Maybe 1-2 off my waist but I'm very lucky because my waist seems to always stay quite small. I lose from my stomach and upper body easily. My thighs are my hardest place to lose from as you can see from that measly little 1.5cm loss but I know they will start to shrink soon... I hope.

Thanks for reading and keep the updates coming, I love reading them all :)

That's a fantastic result! I'm really looking forward to my first weigh in which will on Wednesday!
What do you do for a job? :)

Oh thats wonderful news....4kg loss in 2 weeks, you must be very happy with that :) 12 hr days are hard....:(

ha ha too funny about hubby sounds like he is doing well at the gym :laughing:

Are you up in Darwin? Sydney's been hit hard with some warm weather.. I'm in Melbourne and lucky we have had one hot day then a cool day very spoilt this year and no bush fires (touch wood).. but February hasn't hit us yet ... so I hope it stays that way
have a great weekend!

Dee

Thanks guys, I live up north in WA so I am used to the heat but it's been humid because there is a small cyclone off the coast which makes us all nice and sweaty!

I have a very glamorous job ;) I work in a warehouse on a mine site in a role as a kind of 2IC. Its very physical but there is also a huge aspect of it which is administrative based so I do get some time to sit. 12 hour days can be tiring but I work an 8/6 roster so it's not too bad.

Mrs-B, hi! Happy to know you keep struggling with these nasty last kilos even when you have hard days. Most people would probably had a bunch of truly unhealthy things. I am sorry to hear about your headache, but you already know why it hit you. So I am sure you won’t forget to drink your water again. I know, you are a very responsible person.

Hope, your weather gets milder on you very soon. I am sure that you are aware of the fact that the last extra kilos never go away without a fight. So, you should be hoping for the best and expecting for something a liiiiitle slower. Either way, you’re doing a fantastic job. Would be better, though, if you had at least something healthy with you for snacking.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your progress!!! Keep it up!

Reactions: Dee2017
Newbie to the Duromine Craze. So excited to start. will keep posting progress over each week or month.
Stats:
S.W: 123.5kg
G.W: 70 - 75kg
Height: 167cm
Starting on 30mg (Months Worth)

I already eat healthy just have the occasional sweet treat haha its exercise thats my enemy.. i walk, light jog and bike already so hope just sticking to these will help out then start with toning exercise when weight loss is reached. So excited and if anyone has some pointers or tips it will be great to hear from you
Wish me luck

Goal to that Bikini Bod hay and a way Healthier ME

Last edited:
Hey welcome Mumma

I wanted to wish you all the best... your doing really well by already by excising, Ive only really started since I started d and have kept that up everyday since.. whats helped me is writing everyday..set yourself small goals that you can keep and increase on those goals... that may not be for you, but for me I felt accountable and when I didn't feel like riding etc I did it because I said I would on my post.. and since I want to change this helped me stick to it and make that change a reality

I was also able to see and get advice/suggestions from others if they could see something that may not be the best for me food etc or if i was over eating I could see it.... I remember the first day I was at work and started to snack like I always do... then I stopped and thought what are you doing... dont you want to change you don't need to eat all of this... I put the lid back on and now I am mindful of what I eat.. I am not one who has lost her appetite but D has helped me control it and stay away from most of those sweets... like you I am a sweet lover i have brought some yummy sugar free protein bars/biscuits and lollies (eat too many and you will get the runs) so I set myself a few a day at first to help me control that want for something sweet and I have 2 biscuits max (sugar free) at night if I really need to treat myself

I also set myself a small loss for the month.... one so i wouldn't be dissapointed and 2 I dont want to stop d and put it on because I wasn't eating while on it, lots of people that loose huge amounts of weight don't mention what they are eating (maybe one out of 10 etc)and i was afraid if I set myself a huge weight loss each week and didn't reach it i would be dissapointed so I read posts on those that listed there meals and I could see they were eating and loosing weight regularly... besides a small loss ends up being a huge one eventually...o_O

Oh and take measurements too... i waited a week i think before I did... sometimes you may not loose on the scales but you will see it in measuring legs waist and comparing etc

Im sure others will have tips for you too... how ever you do it it must work for you :cool:

I look forward to reading your updates :laughing:

Dee

Hi Mrs B

Oh good money in the mines, 8/6 is great days to work... lucky you ;) except for the humid weather

How are you going with your loss?

Dee

Wow. Thats a big help thank you for your advice and tips. For the past 2 months i have been on Fat Blaster protein shakes with 1tsp of garcinia powder. Asked GP if this affected duromine at all he says no it wont.. would love to know if anyone or yourself has mixed the 2. Yes will be stocking up on protein bars haha really prepared and cant wait to see results

Not so good... I seem to have stopped losing for the last few days. I'm not sure what more I can do to be honest, I've been putting the effort in at the gym, every second day during the work week and every day on break. I'm barely eating and it's healthy when I do with the occasional small treat, not 1 drop of alcohol and I've cut down to 1 coffee a day with skim milk and no sugar... I'll keep going though and hope I break through. If not when I go back to the Dr I'll ask for another script and have a week or so off and see if that can kick start getting these stubborn 4kgs I have left

Hello Mrs-B. There is one thing I can suggest, though it might sound crazy and weird… Not every nutritionist supports this theory. I know that it works for one and doesn’t work for the others. Right now you are:

1. At the weight when the last kilos are very hard to lose

2. In the weight loss plateau stage, when you have to do something unexpected to your body.

The unexpected things I can advise you are just two:

1. Include cheat meals once in a while, or make a caloric value cycling, i.e. one day you eat more calories, and continue having your usual amount for further 3-5 days.

2. Increase the intensity of your exercise.

Another important things is that you take a notebook and take it with you wherever you go, and note down every single bite you have. Don’t limit yourself. Eat as you normally do and note it down. Then count the caloric value. Let’s try to do this for the following 3 days and see what we get. Good luck and chin up! You knew it won’t be a simple way, and I know that you are ready to fight!

Reactions: Anapolis
Hi guys, I've been MIA because we have just moved house, my visits will be incremental because we haven't got our phone/internet connected yet.

4 weeks on duromine
Start weight 66.5kg
Current weight 62.2kg
Goal weight 58kg

I have only lost 300gms in the last 2 weeks (boo) I'm down to 62.2 so am very very slowly losing now. I have a repeat and will take a few days off the duromine then start again and hopefully can kick start the losing. Still training hard, upping my weights and intensity and over the next couple of weeks I'll be adding in tabata training and boot camp. Diet for the last week has been very average because we are moving, lots of food on the go and I've actually been really really hungry? I think it's hormonal which usually happens anyway leading up to getting my period (I call it my hungry week sorry if that's tmi)

I'll go and catch up on the posts I can't wait to see everyone's progress