Candice28,
The best way if you have much weight too lose - take the pills for 3 months in a row WITHOUT BREAKS! (visit doctor, if he is positive and you have no severe side effects)
keep eating low-calorie, healthy food, no excuses, no sorries for yourself!
regular workouts - walking, jogging, gym, yoga, stretch, cardio, lift weights, etc. Anything is good if regularly.
But best of all - STRONG WILLPOWER.
Nothing else is working, believe me. Because we gain weight and extra fat during years, our body simply cannot lose it all for a month, as most of you ladies expect. There are no miracles in weight loss. I met so many people, who say: "But I don't like exercising, plus my knee, spine, arm, etc..hurts, bla, bla bla.." Excuses. I know, there are situations, when you are diagnosed some injury, so you better avoid physical stress. So what? I used to have knee pain, was weak and couldn't lift a kilo. But my trainer offered other exercises that was directed to other group of muscles. Depends.

And one more thing. Please never look at other people's results. NEVER. This forum is made for motivation, support, advice and everything positive that may help any user to overcome this difficult weight loss journey. We do our best.:) But people are different and the results are different. If you expect to lose exactly the same amount as others do, I'm sorry - you might be disappointed with time and stop doing it all... but you never should. You should go on until you reach your goal, no matter what. And I wish you that!

Reactions: Viktor
hay all weighed myself yesterday and the end of my 3rd week and i have lost a total of 5.3kgs, keep strong girls you r all doing great!

Reactions: Viktor and Kate
Well done mum2hilli 7 kg that's amazing I'm sure you will reach your goal for christmas
Candice you and I have almost had same loss great news
Not sure how I will go this week had to attend a couple of work Christmas functions I have been ok not 100 per cent true though and exercise fallen away but on annual leave now will make it all about now
Keep up the good work all it will be worth it I am sure

Fitby40 said:
Well done mum2hilli 7 kg that's amazing I'm sure you will reach your goal for christmas
Candice you and I have almost had same loss great news
Not sure how I will go this week had to attend a couple of work Christmas functions I have been ok not 100 per cent true though and exercise fallen away but on annual leave now will make it all about now
Keep up the good work all it will be worth it I am sure

Even a little loss of 200g is still good, a loss is a loss. I had one week in there where I only lost 150g and then the next week I had a big loss. I assume it's the body trying to balance itself a little. Keep at it your doing great!

Reactions: Kate
Mum2hili said:
Even a little loss of 200g is still good, a loss is a loss. I had one week in there where I only lost 150g and then the next week I had a big loss. I assume it's the body trying to balance itself a little. Keep at it your doing great!
That's right! The body transforms itself during this period, so it knows better how much to lose weight. Don't forget about stress, housework, kids, work, etc. These also provide some effect (positive or negative) on your body.

Reactions: Mum2hili
It's really interesting reading all the stories on this forum and understanding other peoples struggles with weight loss. It's something I've been struggling with myself for about as long as I can remember so it's nice to know ohers are in the same boat. Recently I've been looking into plastic surgery brisbane and had an appointtment with this one place but now I might check out duromine as an alternative option

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone

I have slowly been putting on weight ever since the birth of my first child, almost 13 years ago.

I was 70kg when I fell pregnant, and have since had 2 children.

I now weigh 130kg and to say that I have not been myself for over 10 years now, would be an understatement.

I have been prescribed Duromine and I am collecting my script on Monday.

Since gaining weight, I have lost confidence, I avoid social situations, I agonise over what to wear for fear of judgement, and I have really just thrown everything into my husband and kids and have forgotten about my own needs over the years.

I have finally decided that enough is enough and I would really be grateful for your support.

If i were you i would get some blood work done first and a good check of your heart and blood pressure. If you already have high blood pressure it will go up a bit more in the first days, you don't want to suffer a stroke.
My blood pressure is always low so it did not matter much that it was raised .
Make sure your iron levels are right , cause you don't want to get sick. It brought down my iron levels and i felt unwell on the second week.
If you are a diabetic make sure to keep up with your meds and eat a diabetic diet cause the diabetes numbers will fall and you could get a hypo.
I am not diabetic but when i felt unwell i checked my glucose levels and i was having a hypo so i had to have jelly beans to make it better.
The last thing you want to do is become diabetic for the sake of looking good. Make sure you don't skip meals and always have a bottle of water handy. It also dehydrates you , and you loose fluid , not fat. Hope you have better luck that i did.

Hi Diamond Fan!

I ust started this week as well and am not far off your starting weight.

I dont have kids though, but I gained 17kg since meeting my husband and I want to lose weight and become a sexy wife and avoid any issues in the future if we decide to start a family.

I started to see a PT back in November 2013 but didnt take it too seriously until I signed up for a health retreat $1000 later I invested too much in it not to make an effort.

My start weight in November was 129.8kg and I currently weigh 116.9kg but it hovers between 116-119kg.

I saw my Dr on 28/4 and he suggested I give Duromine a go and I am starting on 30mg for the first month to see how it goes.

I have been going through these forums and everyone is talking about starting at 70-80kg so im glad im not the only one with a big hurdle ahead of me.

Hopefully we can support each other :)

I hear what you are saying.....I was always so skinny and active and then had my boy 6 years ago and then was a single mum and we found out he was autistic.....so I have thrown everything into him and completely forgetting about myself. I have now found a wonderful man and we are getting married....im just so miserable in myself and so ashamed of what I have done to myself......so I did start on 15mg but just gone up to 30mg, I am determined to do something for myself for once and be a happy, healthy , ENERGETIC mum and soon to be wife.
wishing you ladies all the best, keep us updated
jo1387, there was one post on here and she was only 60kgs and was on the pills to be 55kgs....

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and looking to loose weight with the help of duromine. I have tried everything on my own and not loosing much... I'm 23 years old my height is only 152cm and I weigh 97kg... Doctors have said I need to try loose weight so I'm seeing my GP next week to start duromine.. My ideal weight should be 55kg but I'd be happy with 60kg. So I gotta try loose 37kg. I'm going to Las Vegas for holiday next year march and hope to loose at least 30kg by then with hard work of eating healthy and going to gym at least 3 times a week...any advice would be great thank you!!!

Reactions: Smick
Hi
I am also new, I started D today
CW 89.2
GW 74
Nothing unusual as far as side effects go, am off to bed now,so hopefully I will sleep, I feel tired so here's hoping

Hi, Kyles:)
It's not easy to start, but if you have enough motivation and support (our forum for instance:p) you will get used to your new life soon!
Good luck with that dear!

Reactions: Kyles
Renae said:
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and looking to loose weight with the help of duromine. I have tried everything on my own and not loosing much... I'm 23 years old my height is only 152cm and I weigh 97kg... Doctors have said I need to try loose weight so I'm seeing my GP next week to start duromine.. My ideal weight should be 55kg but I'd be happy with 60kg. So I gotta try loose 37kg. I'm going to Las Vegas for holiday next year march and hope to loose at least 30kg by then with hard work of eating healthy and going to gym at least 3 times a week...any advice would be great thank you!!!
Welcome Renae! I do hope your GP is understanding. Some people suggest you go there armed with the research you have done on Duromine - pro's and cons - and convince them to give it to you if they are skeptic. Also put it clearly that you do understand it is not a magic pill, but just an aid to start eating right. I think your goal weight is realistic in the period leading to your holiday. Have a look at all the posts and advise on the forum - it will help you when you get started.
Please keep us posted and good luck!

Thanks guys I pushes forward my appointment to today. Doctor was a bit skeptic until she did my weight and height to do bmi. She then realised yea I need to loose weight for my well being so starting tomorrow at 94kg GW 60kg

Reactions: Smick
Good luck Renae :) I look forward to reading your progress x

Hi Renae,
How has you journey gone so far? My first two days were a bit anxious but ony 6th day and feeling good. Hope duromine works for you and you get to your goal.