Hi and welcome :)
we are very similar in age, height and weight ( sw) its not a magic pill and you still have to work hard at it, do all that and you will lose that weight:) the course is for 3 months but your doc will let you go longer, thats awesome, just keep getting monitored . Good luck

Reactions: Melmo
Hi Audra, the mild side effects I got were in the first week only and were tolerable. I haven't seen anyone here suffering from the bad side effects, if that helps to ease your mind.
I was like you, I tried unsuccessfully to lose the weight and so my dr prescribed me duromine. So far, so good. I haven't lost huge amounts in comparison to others on here, but I wasn't losing anything with calorie counting and moderate exercise.
I think for some of us, this is our only hope of kick starting our weight loss. Duromine actually helps to metabolise the fat and suppress the appetite, so for some the main benefit comes from eating less, for others like me its the burning off of fat. :) x

Welcome to the forum, Audra!
Just keep in mind that you will have to stick to a diet and make some exercises (increase your physical activity) while taking Duromine pills. This will help you lose faster and healthier. Good luck and don't be afraid of side effects beforehand.

Thanks for the welcome and advice everyone. I fully intend to eat properly and be active and hopefully the pills will help me shed. It was always disheartening to me do be doing all that and still not move the excess weight.

Today is my second day and I feel great never got any side effects just not feeling hungry at all, and I drink a lot of water yesterday I finish X3 bottles of 750ml at work, and when I got home another bottle. I really feel great, I am currently weighing 76kg my Goal weight is 50kg buy the end of November so I am hoping to loose a lot of weight. :( I weighed 45kgs before my kids but its part of being a mom to pick so much weight. And I am 25 years old, haven't measured my CMs as yet will do soon:);)o_O

Hi there,
Started yesterday with my journey to getting my body back and need to loose 30kg. Have a few side effects, feeling the dry mouth and high energy levels and have increased my water intake . On day one I felt a bit faint and un easy but carried on , today I was at work and kept on with the water. I had fruit for bf and salad for lunch and normal chick and veg for supper . I am not on a strict calorie counting eating plan but have increased the fruit and veg intake and cut out the junk food and alcohol. If you have any advice or sugestions , please do share as I have not exercised , so does it still work if I do not go to gym? I love the fact that I feel good when I wake up in the morning with this new energy level but its still early days.
If there is anyone out there that would like to start and share the journey with me I would be greatful....I am detemined to make this work so I can have that to die for body in summer.
SW 100.00 kg
GW 70.00 kg

Will monitor weights weekly and record every Sunday.

Any advice welcome! Lets do this

Reactions: KaylaLouise
Wishing you the best of luck on your weight loss journey xx
I'm also interested in hearing if people have dropped big numbers without exercising! I know one of our members, VEE, managed to drop alot of weight with no exercise. But not too sure if that's the norm?? I always hear losing weight is 80% food and 20% exercise.

Reactions: latashas
Thank you Christine V, im super excited and determined to shed this unwanted weight. I have been on many diets before and hope this one works and that I am able to handle the side effects as it is still early days . I can feel a difference in my body so I will see if I can adjust and maybe add exercise later. Well it certainly does keep you awake, I have been awake since 1am but felt like a slept a full night and it 2h22am now
Cant wait to see my 1st weeks results.
Has anyone else done this without exercise?

Anyone out there done the journey successfully without exercise?

I have lost my weight so far through healthy eating and only exercising here and there really. And when I have it has been more for fun rather than must burn calories. So it is possible but I definitely do encourage exercise it definitely helps me when I'm down but will also help tone that body.

Hi Kayla, thank you , I will try to add some activities so that the weight can drop as I have so much weight to loose. What does your healthy eating consist of ?

My stats are pretty similar to yours now that I've lost some weight already. I started at 111.6kgs and when I last weighed myself I was 100.5kgs. I am looking to get down to 68 kgs which is what I have been before after losing weight.

This is what I eat and what I find works for me. I like to have a high protein diet although I'm not super super strict on it like I was when I lost weight a few years ago. I'll save that for when I plateu.

Breakfast: I have 2 poached eggs and with short cut bacon with fat cutoff (because I don't like it) that is cooked between a price of baking paper on a sandwich press, no oil.
*I know some people will gasp at my breakfast but it what i used to eat as part of a high protein diet and it works for me*

Lunch: i have a small serve of chicken and veggies or salad. As i only way chicken sometimes I'll just have a big bowel of veggies if I'm bored of the chicken.

Afternoon snack: either some fruit or almonds

Dinner: usually some form of chicken in a wrap or stirfry etc

I try not to eat after dinner anymore. Sometimes I will treat myself to a low calorie hot chocolate with a biscuit.

I try to drink at least 2 ltrs of water daily but I've been bad lately.

The reason I like to follow a high protein diet although it's not that high at the moment as it worked for me in the past and in the past I did of weight lifting to lose the weight so need the protein to help with muscle repair. I used to have additional protein supplements to get my intake level up as I don't eat red meat or fish. In limiting your carb intake especially all processed carbs your body needs to get energy from somewhere else and rhat somewhere else is your fat stores. This is called ketosis.

I also really encourage weights for females. Your are not going to get big or bulky, we don't have enough testosterone in our bodies what it will do is develop and build muscle to help your burn more calories when recovering from workouts and also when resting. It will help create shape and tone you up and also help fill some skin. I only lifted weights last time with cardio only for warm ups as I hate it and I had an amazing body, we'll I think so anyway. If i can find some photos of how I looked then after losing 20 kgs I'll post them on here if you are interested.

Last edited:
Thats great , yes please do thanks... Off to my braai now, wish me luck, packed in huge salad with lotsa fruit, non alcohol beer , water and some ice tea too keep my glass full so people wont notice lol.

Update: Feeling rather tired and weak today, I dont feel hungry but I feel the urge to snack and snack all the time... I keep fruit, almonds nuts and bought veggie crisp to nibble on . And increased the water intake . Weight in after braai day was no good , weight went back the the previous day. Dont feel to do anything and too tired to even think... seems like my body use to the pill as I dont have the same energy as on monday.? How long does it take to kick in ... anyone? I have not started exercising so im wondering if it will work?

Hi I started my duramine 30ml journey yesterday, after dealing with children with disabilities and drug abusing partner for the past 10 years I decided to sell my house and move states, and now that I'm settled I've decided it's time for me to actually concentrate on myself and be the healthy active mum I once was, I currently weigh 94 kilos and am 158cm in height, I'm got little goals to start with so my next goal is to be in the 80s.. Oh and I must mention I've been separated from my partner for nearly 12 months and lost almost 16 kilos and it just stopped.. So fingers crossed guys, and Goodluck to everyone :)

hi all. Weighed in after 5 days n lost 4 lbs but weighed myself today which is a week since I started and am the same but I have my period so hopefully that's the reason now no loss?

I've been very disciplined this week with food and been to the gym 5 times! Any feedback appreciated x

Hi I started 3 days ago, which was also conveniently the same day I started my period, I've also been exercising and only eating very small portions of food, I've been drinking lots of water and haven't lost a thing, I'll be glad when my period finishes just so I know I'm on the right track.. Keep in touch and Goodluck

Hi, ladies. Yes, no worries, your periods are the reason of no loss. Because our body collects much more water during this period, hence the weight. Go on like you did and soon your weight loss comes back.

Have a great day!

Reactions: Doingitforme
Hello....Iam Kay iam 23 years old, today was my first day taking duromine. I must say I've been nervous about starting this journey, after having read all the possible side effects It made me rather sceptical. I finally got the courage to start duromine .

Day 1 is done and dusted, it wasn't so bad just had that 'cotton mouth' side effect and bucket loads of energy oh and i was very hormonal today not to sure why. But either then that So far so good.Over the last couple of months I've become some what of an exercise junky so hopefully that works in my favour. I've been eating healthy and exercising for the passed seven months and I've lost 7kg in seven months I know it's an achievement but I feel like i need something help me loose weight a little more rapidly.

I currently weigh 111Kg, my height is 1,69 I am basically doing this because I want to have a normal Bmi Iam tired of being classified as obese... I don't know what thin feels like because I've always been over weight so this is a whole new realm for me hopefully this is the key I need to unlocking my self confidence and just helping me become a better and healthy person.

Reactions: Typical_Jules
Goodluck Sugafoot;)... is the Cotton mouth as bad as they say? I'm starting my journey tomorrow :p whoop whoop