I am on Day 4 of Duromine 30g and am having some side effects. Really dry mouth which is tolerable and now I have a sore throat so feel like I am getting sick. Had a bit of nausea the first day but that has ceased. I am feeling so tired and have little energy which makes it difficult as I have 2 kids to look after and I am pretty dizzy with some blurred vision also. Will it take some time for my body to get used to the tablets or will these side effects likely stick around? I am on a shake program (Isagenix) and I had lost 15kg with that in the past but am just doing 2 shakes a day which is filled with good stuff and super low carb and I also eat 1 healthy meal for lunch (meat/veg/salad etc) but am not snacking as I am not hungry at all. Didn't have much water yesterday but the day before I had around 2l and today so far I have had 1l. Last night I also had anxiety and my jaw was a bit sore (probably from clenching during the day without realising) I do have a history of anxiety and I have that under control but was hoping that it doesn't come on more often now that I am on these tablets....? Any advice is appreciated :)

Hello Lozzajane! Welcome to the forum! I am sorry you are having such harsh side effects on Duromine. You know, it often happens so that people start taking Duromine, then they ā€œhave a fluā€ and stop taking it and re-start once they get better. I am already sure that this ā€œfluā€ is the side effect of Duromine. However, if itā€™s not and you got sick, you should probably stop taking Duromine, get well and then continue with the course.

It always takes time for the body to get used to Duromine. In some people, it takes just one day, while others have to bear the side effects for 10 days (these are two extremes. As a rule, the side effects subside by day 4-6), yet no one can guess what it will be like in your particular case. I am worried for such strong and multiple side effects. Did you check your BP?

Try to have more water. This might help you alleviate the symptoms. As for the shakesā€¦ I am really not a fan of them, but thatā€™s just my own opinion. The only question I have is Are you going to have them till for the rest of your life?

Either way, I wish you best of luck and hope you feel good very soon, start enjoying the journey and introduce some physical activity, as well!

Hi, thanks for the advice. Good to know that the side effects more than likely will subside! I don't think the dizziness is as bad today but I still feel quite tired too :( Is it a worry to have multiple side effects then? Dr didn't check my BP but I have a newborn and my BP was checked a few weeks back and it was fine, I never have any issues with that. Will try and have more water, that sounds like it may help a little. The shake system I am on (hubby is too) will most likely be a permanent thing. Once I am at goal weight I can do 1 shake which should maintain my weight. We started it a year ago and he lost 20kg and I lost 15kg and he has managed to maintain his weight but I fell pregnant and stopped the program altogether so just ate pretty much whatever I wanted haha! They are not for everyone that is for sure, but we both love the system and felt absolutely great whilst doing the program. I am hoping using the duromine will just kick start my weight loss and I can continue with exercise and the shakes afterwards. I have about 35kg to lose.

Hello Lozzajane! How are you feeling today? How did the weekend go? Having multiple side effects is not a reason to worry, if they are not severe. Bravo on your previous weight loss! Sounds like you know what you are doing. =)

Just one question. I hope you are not breastfeeding? Duromine does penetrate the breastmilk. Just to make sure you know thisā€¦

Have a wonderful day and a successful week!

hi,
My doctor prescribed me 40mg of duromine, but I don't know if it good
Because I am 16 years old, (100kg) have really bad racing heart sometimes feels like my heart just stop. Feeling like I am going to faint all, food literally taste really bad, but when I do eat I feel like I am going to vomit, can't really walk that far without feeling faint also have been feeling really down but I don't if that's just because I have depression. Also have been feeling really hot and have red mark on my body and face.Just around feel really shit.
P.s only been on it for 3 days
If anyone could help me, would be much appreciated xx

Last edited:
Louisexoxo said:
hi,
My doctor prescribed me 40mg of duromine, but I don't know if it good
Because I am 16 years old, (100kg) have really bad racing heart sometimes feels like my heart just stop. Feeling like I am going to faint all, food literally taste really bad, but when I do eat I feel like I am going to vomit, can't really walk that far without feeling faint also have been feeling really down but I don't if that's just because I have depression. Just around feel really shit.
P.s only been on it for 3 days
If anyone could help me, would be much appreciated xx

Stop taking it and immediately go to your doctor. Drink more water until then to help your body get rid of it. The dose is too high for you.

lozzajane said:
I am on Day 4 of Duromine 30g and am having some side effects. Really dry mouth which is tolerable and now I have a sore throat so feel like I am getting sick. Had a bit of nausea the first day but that has ceased. I am feeling so tired and have little energy which makes it difficult as I have 2 kids to look after and I am pretty dizzy with some blurred vision also. Will it take some time for my body to get used to the tablets or will these side effects likely stick around? I am on a shake program (Isagenix) and I had lost 15kg with that in the past but am just doing 2 shakes a day which is filled with good stuff and super low carb and I also eat 1 healthy meal for lunch (meat/veg/salad etc) but am not snacking as I am not hungry at all. Didn't have much water yesterday but the day before I had around 2l and today so far I have had 1l. Last night I also had anxiety and my jaw was a bit sore (probably from clenching during the day without realising) I do have a history of anxiety and I have that under control but was hoping that it doesn't come on more often now that I am on these tablets....? Any advice is appreciated :)

Hi there. I know your post is quote some time ago, but I just saw it and I am also on day 4 and I feel EXACTLY as you did apart from the dry mouth - also mom of 2 (single mom) and I am so drowsy and tired. Everyone seems to be talking about having TONS of energy and cleaning cupboards at 3am.... why am I so EXHAUSTED then?

Hey I personally think that dose is way to high to start on. My Dr started me on 15mg and it decreased my appetite almost immediately. I drink around four litres of water lol but it helps.
Stop taking them and ask about a smaller dose if u can xxxx

I also feel similar.

I agree the dose sounds very high! Especially for your age.
I suggest you revisit your doctor or one that you trust and mention what you have said here. Xx

Ok So I started Duromine 30mg yesterday again after a verrrrry long time, before I became a mom (of two) I had different side effects. Before I just had a really dry mouth, this time round Insomnia and I am surprisingly hungry, very strange. Not sure if it is all in my head.... mmmm anyone experience/d the same?

Hello Shants. Welcome! Well, some Duromine users do report of increased hunger. The exact reason for this is not known, but I guess it happens because Duromine does provide a certain boost to your body. Besides, insomnia also can promote hunger, when your body is trying to get energy from food since it couldnā€™t get it from sleep. You can try to eat and check your sensations. I mean, you can get full fast, from smaller portions. As for insomnia, it usually subsides by day 3-5, but I am not sure that you will be able to wait for too long to sleep. Besides, lack of sleep hinders the weight loss. So you might need to take something (before you buy any sleeping pills, inform the pharmacist about Duromine), or may be these tips will help you fall asleep faster. Best of luck and have a nice day.

PS. If hunger does not disappear, you might need to stop taking Duromine for 3-4 days and then start again ā€“ this might help.

I found the same thing.
Took duromine about 2 years or so ago. Got dry mouth, insomnia, anxiety and extra energy. Also completely lost my appetite, never felt hungry and lost 5kg in the first week!

This time around insomnia to begin with which wore off. Hungry a lot. Like almost more than when off Duromine and no weightloss whatsoever!!

Very disappointed it didn't work like last time.

I can assure you, the research is on point... There is a negative drug interaction with these two.. Of course each person is different but it is with caution that its prescribed.. See your dr, I have had serotonin syndrome and it was a horrible experience..and the fault of my doctors.. I do hope you're feeling well.. Do your own research, cross reference with a good competent compassionate dr.. āœŒ

Today is day 6. The first 3 days were ok, I'm on 15mg. The past 3 days dizziness has been getting increasingly worse. I have been prescribed stemetil to combat the dizziness, it helped the first day I was dizzy, the second day a bit and today I am hungry, tired and dizzy. I feel awful, my head is swimming. I am drinking water and eating meals, just smaller.
Has anyone gone to every second day and ditched the side effects but kept the positive affects of the duromine? Has anyone had side effects and they have passed? Mine do seem to be getting worse though. Any advice would be great!

Reactions: Fetalia
hello alacrity
nice to meet you lovely.

stay strong you are doing a great job!
i often take duromine every second or even third day,
and i find that when i am off it, that they can be some of the best weight loss days.

i have had experience with several doctors over the years and it sounds like
you might want to get a second opinion on the dizziness?
do you trust your doctor?
have you been seeing him/her for long?
it seems strange that the same doctor that gave you duromine also prescribed another pill?
duromine is a strong enough drug without adding something else to it,
do you know what i mean?

it's up to you lovely but in my experience,
for every good doctor out there, there is a bad one also..

hugs
Dre

Reactions: Fetalia
Dre said:
hello alacrity
nice to meet you lovely.

stay strong you are doing a great job!
i often take duromine every second or even third day,
and i find that when i am off it, that they can be some of the best weight loss days.

i have had experience with several doctors over the years and it sounds like
you might want to get a second opinion on the dizziness?
do you trust your doctor?
have you been seeing him/her for long?
it seems strange that the same doctor that gave you duromine also prescribed another pill?
duromine is a strong enough drug without adding something else to it,
do you know what i mean?

it's up to you lovely but in my experience,
for every good doctor out there, there is a bad one also..

hugs
Dre
I often have to use medication to stop dizziness, I am not a stranger to it, but it looks like the duromine may have triggered it, I'm just not sure why, and why 3 days in. I had 2 days off, which didn't go so well food wise on the 2nd day. Today I have taken 7.5mg and I'll be taking that for
awhile and see how I go.
How long have you taken it for for? How are your results?

Hello alacrity, you should try switching to taking Duromine every second day. It might help with the dizziness. Besides, if you changed your diet significantly, may be cut all sugars and reduced the calories to a critical level - all these can cause dizziness.

Reactions: Xiaoyue and Dre
Hi all, I'm really needing some help /advice. I had no side effects up until day 7 ,only dry mouth.

When all of a sudden I woke up one morning feeling SUPER spaced out, dizzy, almost like my head was floating (best way I can describe it) , I have now had 3 days off work because I'm feeling so unwell. I'm so tired, lethargic, got the sweats throughout the night lastnight and now slept til 2pm today, also now getting slight lingering headache today and off feeling.

I'm starting to feel crazy and cant keep doing this :( I'm about to stop taking my duromine, I can't have it impact my life like this.

My dr thought I might be getting a virus and be genuinely sick as she believe if it were to be side effects they would've come much sooner than a week in.

Has anyone else experience this!? Please help!? :(

It sounds more like a virus than side effect. I've had the super spaced out happen 3 weeks in but it turned out that my thyroid meds were too high, now that they have been adjusted I havent had that happen again. Sweats during the night also sounds like sick, I sweat more on duro esp when exercising but not like sweats when your sick where you feel cold but are actually hot.