:p:p:p When I started D sex drive was also through the roof. Husband walked around with a constant smile, so do not feel weird!
Went down after a few weeks but since I felt better with the weight I lost it did not make a big difference. I would say it is a "pleasant"side effect:laughing:

Hi everyone,

Going into week 4 and my chest feels like I am winded. I felt this from Friday last week until today, it eventually goes away but I am getting a little worried. I did drink a lot on the weekend when I shouldn't have so that could be contributing to it, but I didn't drink on Friday so not sure. I haven't felt this before.

Has anyone else felt this? I am going to give it a couple of days and see if it was the alcohol, if I still have it I will see the doctor.

Has anyone else had this and it went away?

If I were you I would rather stop with the Duromine and see a GP to make sure everything is OK. You health is more important.
If I know I am going to socialize and have a few drinks I do not take a D that day. Could also contribute I think but please be safe and rather get medical advice.

I ended up in hospital yesterday but they found nothing wrong, so put it down to being a virus. I suggest if anyone does feel pain in their chest that they definitely get it looked at. The doctors couldn't even say that it was the duromine or not. So hopefully my GP does let me go back on duromine in a couple weeks and I will make sure no alcohol is consumed.

KaylaLouiseHeyen said:
I ended up in hospital yesterday but they found nothing wrong, so put it down to being a virus. I suggest if anyone does feel pain in their chest that they definitely get it looked at. The doctors couldn't even say that it was the duromine or not. So hopefully my GP does let me go back on duromine in a couple weeks and I will make sure no alcohol is consumed.

Hey Kayla...
am really sad to hear that but i can help you...
regarding duromine and alkohol pls dont mix it.. first it will not work and y just spend money ,second you can get really fast heart beats.
Maybe that was the reason of chest pain. if its not ,then unfortunally i know what i going on. can you just tell me first on how many mg are you perd day and how long???i assume you are not the first time user,maybe im wrong .
Unfortunally chest pains can apear if you have very high pressure and by that also you are somehow addicted to duromine :( if your pains stoped when you took duromine then its 100% that.In that case,i propose you to visit dr. If you are alone home when it again happen and no time for dr,drink a lot of water,take something sweet in mouth like a spoon of sugar. If you are going to pass out,tell somebody or call ambulance ,if not in worst case take a sedative... i dont propose this to anybody ,but if you are going to die can be serious withdrawal effect .

manna1108 said:
Hey everyone, i started taking duromine 40mg last friday..

*My current weight was 74.8kg my height is 5.2.. first 3 days were goin perfect wasnt at all hungry but was eating atleast 2*smaller meals a day (smaller then usual) I *had no side affects just*first night was a bit restless but im use to not getting much sleep...

Anyways as i said first 3 days were perfect then last night i started having heart palpitations about 2 am i looked it up on the net to ease my mind (big mistake) i had read some horror stories which seem to of made my heart race even more, i begun to have chest pains i went to bed an just as i was nodding off my body just jumped (which has so before) but this time it really scared me i sat up for a few minutes i felt my heart race more an more then all of sudden it slowed right down never felt my heart rate feel so low which was strange because by this stage i was really starting to panic, i started feeling really dizzy i felt like i was goin to die!

After what felt like a life time (really sbout 5-10minutes) i was trying to calm myself down and evetually i did.. I was still having chest pains and the heart palpation's but not as bad.. *i tried distracting myself by watching tv which helped but no sooner i turned the tv off i started to panic again i thought id just close my eyes an think postive thoughts but everytime i closed my eyes id see flashes of dark colours an i felt like was on a rollercosster, I was really *scared an was worried about goin to sleep an not waking up.. *5 minutes had passed and again*i pulled myself out of it an eventually went to sleep...

So far ive lost 2.5kg i really am wanting to keep with it for few weeks but really worried about the side effects, i have taken duromine in the past an had heart palpations an chest pains but never to this extreme... Has anyone had similar side effects to this? Im thinking its because i started stressing an caused myself to have a panic attack? I didnt take duromine today as im undecided on weather or not to keep taking it, i was thinking of taking it every second day?
*Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks x*

Hi dear..
I can tell you that you did had a small panic attack. And more over its connected with duromine cleanse as i would say... i have this chest pains every day...unfortunally that means that either your body is giving it self to duromine or its soo strong so it process duromine more quick. What i do to pass them its lots of water! And eat something when it happen. just a bite or two it helps really. also try to go to gym every day!! IT HELPS THE MOST!!!! cause you will spend the energy from duromine and sleeep like a baby.. you have to make yself tired in order to sleep. if you dont exercise you will be awake most of the time... i exercise every morning and sometimes night as well.. i sleeep every day around max 12 and wake up at 8... when i say exercise dont push too much. i find myslef really happy and pleasent feeling walking fast on treadmill around 7km/h for an hour! You will not feel tired and you will feel really like you are siting. its a crazy feeling like a super power! :laughing: also please no more then max 2 cups coffee...other then that try supplements of Mg,K,Ca and vitamins of B group... this is what i take. It keep syour body and mind in peace and helps with pain :) hope i helped

Reactions: MARETTE
Hi I ended up finding out it was from a panic attack but all fixed now :)

s
KaylaLouiseHeyen said:
Hi I ended up finding out it was from a panic attack but all fixed now :)
how y got panic attack? what dr told y? and do y still take duro? i have sometimes the same but i really dont know from what... :/ i guess duro cleanse but not sure. whats y feedback from dr?

I have anxiety and depression and I was in between doses of anti depressants and duromine does cause anxiety as well so it was a mixture of both together as was having some trouble at work. I stopped taking it until I got my other dose correct and have been using it for a week but haven't weighed in because haven't been exercising much. Doctor said its okay to take again now but to monitor it and I will only be allowed one more month which sucks but I might be able to squeeze out another prescription hopefully!

i feel with you... but i am scared to say my dr cause am afraid will take me off duro :/ and i am investing everything in this journey

Reactions: MARETTE
Hi, I've started Duromine in September 2015. Bought 2 months' worth of it and still left with one more pill since I'm eating that irregularly now. I easily lost 5 kg within a week. But I ended up with a stiff shoulder and being cranky all the time. I'm worried about gaining the weight back once I stopped completely. Right now, I'm taking 2 pills per month (only when my weight is above 52kg, height 5"4) since I'm worried about the side effects as my bmi is currently 19 and it may be overdosed for me to take duromine 30. The weight fluctuates between 1 to 2kg max.

My heart is always beating really quickly and I always can't sleep on the first day, but the effect is big, I can lose 1kg in just one day's time. The price to pay is high though ,I'm worried about the blood pressure, the risk of stroke and heart diseases. I used to weigh between 60 to 62kg during my school days before hitting my peak at 70kg when I hit adulthood before losing weight till 56kg on sheer will. I was not overweight during my school days but on the chubbier side, even then I was called names and made fun of. Losing the weight gave me the confidence I never had, I can wear nicer clothes ( can't fit in many) and never looked good in it. The praises from people around me plus the feeling of being thinner can shut those so called friends who made fun of me back in the school days. I feel happy when I look at how fat they have became, no how much thinner I am compared to them now. (Yes. This is sick but that is limited to those who made fun of me or made some snide or rude remarks on a daily basis only-most are guys and girls whom I thought were my friends but talking behind my back about how fat I was). Even the sales girls also said I was too fat for the clothings the shop sells. Believe me, it hurts. It hurts way more when I'm a sensitive teenager then a young adult now.

I started on Duromine when I'm at 56kg since I can never lose the last few kg. My target is between 46 to 48kg. I'm Asian so everyone tends to be smaller. It's not uncommon to find people with bmi lesser than 18 walking around my country and incase you think that's underweight,it's not for Asians since we have smaller bone structures. I can still look a little flabby even at 51kg with a height of 5"4.

I feel that I'm too obsessed with weight now. Should I crush the last pill and move on? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:
Catharina said:
Hi dear..
I can tell you that you did had a small panic attack. And more over its connected with duromine cleanse as i would say... i have this chest pains every day...unfortunally that means that either your body is giving it self to duromine or its soo strong so it process duromine more quick. What i do to pass them its lots of water! And eat something when it happen. just a bite or two it helps really. also try to go to gym every day!! IT HELPS THE MOST!!!! cause you will spend the energy from duromine and sleeep like a baby.. you have to make yself tired in order to sleep. if you dont exercise you will be awake most of the time... i exercise every morning and sometimes night as well.. i sleeep every day around max 12 and wake up at 8... when i say exercise dont push too much. i find myslef really happy and pleasent feeling walking fast on treadmill around 7km/h for an hour! You will not feel tired and you will feel really like you are siting. its a crazy feeling like a super power! :laughing: also please no more then max 2 cups coffee...other then that try supplements of Mg,K,Ca and vitamins of B group... this is what i take. It keep syour body and mind in peace and helps with pain :) hope i helped
Hi catharina. Are you still taking duromine i find that the only side effect i get is late at night. I feel wide awake/insomnia and my body feels exhausted. I think this causes me to panic and feel like i will die if i fall asleep. I would like to drink camomile hoping it will help relax me at night time. I find your advice is helpful and will start to do more exercise and take berocca.

I have the very same feeling today I thought I was going to faint. Extremely dry lips been licking them the entire day. Only on day 4. Have been drinking plenty water , so I don't know what is causing this dryness or thirst.

Super worried

Hey Kazi and Buddy Baby
If you are concerned, definitely stop and talk to your GP before starting up again.

I experienced similar issues in my first 2 weeks. I still have the dry mouth and lips in week 7 - however it was manageable by week 2.

RE: dizzyness and feeling flat and yucky - for me, it was the lack of sugar.
I was drinking 3L soft drink and highly sugared food most days and when I stopped (due to taking Duromine) my body spazzed out.
I cried, I got headaches, I was fatigued and dizzy but then - it went?!
I still went to my GP though and double checked!

Hi. I've been on 15mg for 10 days. Just have the dry mouth. I am also taking Fluoxetine 20mg daily. When I started taking Duromine I had been trying to reduce my fluoxetine and was taking it 2 days on and 1 day off, but last couple of days I have gone back to taking it every day.
Tonight I started to feel a little off, started sweating and my blood pressure was high.
I often sweat badly (obese and perimenopausal) but that coupled with being a bit irritable tonight and the high blood pressure I wonder if the duromine is adversely effecting my serotonin levels? My blood pressure has come down a bit now but I'm not going to take my fluoxetine tonight or my duromine tomorrow.
Has anyone had experience with this. Am I just feeling the "normal" side effects of duromine or could this be a serotonin problem?

Just want to add that my GP who prescribes my Fluoxetine is the same GP who prescribed the duromine after a long discussion with me etc so I am under proper medical care.

Duromine can raise your BP. I would strongly suggest you discussing this issue with your GP.

15 minutes later my BP was normal and I felt fine....I think maybe I was having a little panic episode. Haven't had a problem since

Either way, you have to closely monitor your condition. If this happened, you should be careful, ok? You were right.. I did some search and found out that Fluoxetine can interact with Duromine and result into the serotonin syndrome. Hope, this is not the case. Either way, if something happens, immediately address to the doctor.

Reactions: Deadheart
Hi lovely people,
I've been on the 40mg tablets for 9 days now and have lost 4.1kg down from 104.7kg. That's great, but the side effects are absolutely horrid. Dry mouth, nausea, feeling 'low' constantly (stopped taking Zoloft for depression months ago) i can't sleep or stand up without being dizzy! I'm thinking I should switch to the lower dose?? So my question is: has anyone lowered their dose and the side effects lessened? Thank you!!

Hello Ladybug! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the first weight loss results. I can’t tell you anything about to your question based on my own experience, because I only used the 30 mg dose, but judging from various weight loss stories, a very small portion of people don’t have drastic side effects while starting on 40 mg. And yes, side effects do subside, as a rule, when you go down to 30 mg. best of luck to you and hope you feel better!