Determined93 said:
End of week 8 weigh in from yesterday ..
this week with anything for reasons I’d rather not go into. I see my doctor tomorrow for my third and final script before a 3 month break. Still very nervous about how I will do without duro and even how cutting them back will effect me but I plan to make this last month count which will hopefully help me stay motivated throughout my 3 month break.
Wanted to add, that I hope all is ok with you? *hugs* I know you don't want to go into anything, but if you ever want someone to chat to IRL, happy to message you my mobile number.

How did you go with your Dr?

Thanks for the support @Rava, it’s great to hear from you your presence lately has definitely been missed :) and info on the supplement you mentioned would be great :laughing:

My doctor seems confident in me and she was blown away with my progress (I don’t think she expected me to do as well as I have done). I asked if she wanted me to check in with her after my final month before my break but she said that based on my progress she’s comfortable with just seeing me in 3 months time when my break is up. I asked her about the whole vitamin thing too and she recommended a multi with added B vitamins and minerals, she agrees that my natural lack of energy could well and truly be due to lacking certain vitamins in my diet as I am quite a picky eater and although I do eat healthy a lot of the veggies I eat really don’t have much nutritional value to them at all (not a big veggie fan), so off to the chemist at some point today.

No problems whatsoever in regards to what I find out re the supplements!

Seriously consider Swisse multi for women, for me personally its one of the better ones, if not the best one I have found - even if the tablets are huge!

Thanks chicky! Not being able to post actually did my head in a little lol! Love being able to write down my thoughts and read and receive advice from others - makes the journey not so lonely :)

@Rava the chemist I went to didn’t have women’s multi in Swisse so I just spoke to the pharmacist and ended up with Cenovis Women’s multi & Healthy Care Mega B. Hopefully they work out okay.

@Determined93 glad you got some :)

Just thought I should let you know, some brands made me sick if taken on an empty stomach. I would probably err on the side of caution and take them with food!

I haven't tried Cenovis so you must let me know how they work out for you :)

@Rava thanks for the heads up, I did read some reviews about it making people feel sick so I made sure to take it with a little bit of food. I haven’t taken the Cenovis one yet as the pharmacist advised me to take the B’s in the morning and the multi at night but I will definitely let you know how I go with it :)

Determined93 said:
@Rava thanks for the heads up, I did read some reviews about it making people feel sick so I made sure to take it with a little bit of food. I haven’t taken the Cenovis one yet as the pharmacist advised me to take the B’s in the morning and the multi at night but I will definitely let you know how I go with it :)

Glad your pharmacist was able to advise you! Thats great :)

How are you feeling today with the vitamin B? Have you noticed any change in energy levels or focus? Sometimes I think they make me feel a tad "rushy" but its not an everyday thing....

Could be cause I tend to swap between B3, B12 and then Nature's Own Super Complex B - (these ones I take 2 a day) who knows lol.

Hi @Determined93 , love reading about your progress! I am about to tryh Duro for the first time next week an I was wondering what advice you might have an typically what your diet and exercise plan while on duro were.

Rava said:
Glad your pharmacist was able to advise you! Thats great :)

How are you feeling today with the vitamin B? Have you noticed any change in energy levels or focus? Sometimes I think they make me feel a tad "rushy" but its not an everyday thing....

Could be cause I tend to swap between B3, B12 and then Nature's Own Super Complex B - (these ones I take 2 a day) who knows lol.

Sorry @Rava I didn’t make it back on yesterday, I felt more or less the same with the vitamin B, same as today really.. actually today I am feeling completely exhausted due to all of about 4 hours sleep each night for the past 3 nights (sick and teething toddler) so hopefully when I get a decent nights sleep again I will notice a difference.

I had my multi with dinner last night as instructed, no problems with feeling sick but I did gag on it a bit as they are a lot larger then the B’s. Again felt pretty much the same after that until this morning which may be completely unrelated but from about 5am this morning I was tossing and turning and couldn’t get back to sleep, I was feeling really restless like my body wanted to get up and move yet my eyes were so incredibly heavy. I did take it pretty late last night due to a late dinner which makes me think it may have been related to that but I’m going to take it with dinner again tonight and if it happens again tomorrow morning I think I might start taking it with lunch instead.

What’s the strengths of your Super Complex B if you don’t mind me asking? Just wondering whether I should be taking 2 of mine as I’ve only been taking one. The pharmacist did tell me that you can’t have too many B vitamins so I assume it wouldn’t be a problem to take another one other then it possibly affecting sleep but since I take it in the morning you’d think that wouldn’t be too much of a concern.

When you started taking your vitamins did you feel the effects straight away or was it something that had to build up over time? Not really sure what I should be expecting, I am just so super tired right now haha.

Reactions: Rava
phenyel94 said:
Hi @Determined93 , love reading about your progress! I am about to tryh Duro for the first time next week an I was wondering what advice you might have an typically what your diet and exercise plan while on duro were.

Hi @phenyel94 thank you :) I am going to straight up apologise if I don’t make a lot of sense because I am lacking in sleep right now but my advice off the top of my head would be to ..
make sure you take it early in the morning until you work out how it will affect your sleep and then you can adjust timing accordingly.
Expect to have poor or little to no sleep in the first few days and if it gets too much you can try an otc sleeping aid every few days to help you get some rest.
Have a plan .. Are you counting calories? Food tracking? How many meals you want to eat? Intermittent fasting? Also planning your meals in advance helps a lot with temptations.

So my diet and exercise has fluctuated quite a bit ..

Diet wise I told myself at the start that I was not going to follow a diet but focus on portion control and everything in moderation because I’ve tried diets in the past and failed miserable with a huge junk food binge after a few weeks and I wanted to do something that I could maintain.

For the first few weeks I ate a lot of protein and salads, then I started to add in more carbs and now I just mix it up, I just stick to the recommended portion size and will leave out or substitute something if I think it has too many calories.

I also typically have a “cheat day” once a week, which I don’t go crazy with I actually usually still only just hit my calorie goal for the day on my cheat days, I think the worse I’ve done is gone over by a couple of hundred calories (usually if we have gone out for dinner).

I also do intermittent fasting of an 8 hour eating window and 16 hours of fasting. So because of that I usually only eat lunch and dinner.

My exercise could be better ..
I was doing water aerobics once a week, following interval workouts on YouTube a few days a week and just basic things to try and keep myself moving on the other days. The past few weeks however has not been that great, mostly just running around after my kids and cleaning.

I think I may have mentioned some other things I was doing in other posts or possibly on my blog but I honestly can’t remember right now, sorry :(

Anyways I hope what I have put together helps you out a bit and I’m sorry I can’t be of more help right now, I’m usually more detailed but my lack of sleep is really knocking me around today.

Best of luck on your journey, looking forward to reading about it :)

Reactions: phenyel94 and Rava
Determined93 said:
Sorry @Rava I didn’t make it back on yesterday, I felt more or less the same with the vitamin B, same as today really.. actually today I am feeling completely exhausted due to all of about 4 hours sleep each night for the past 3 nights (sick and teething toddler) so hopefully when I get a decent nights sleep again I will notice a difference.

No problems whatsoever! Geez I do remember teething toddlers and its no fun at all :(. I remember freezing whole banana's as it seemed to be the only thing that would give them some relief. Bonjella just didn't work on my kids!

Hope you are able to get a decent nights sleep in soon *hugs*

Determined93 said:
I had my multi with dinner last night as instructed, no problems with feeling sick but I did gag on it a bit as they are a lot larger then the B’s. Again felt pretty much the same after that until this morning which may be completely unrelated but from about 5am this morning I was tossing and turning and couldn’t get back to sleep, I was feeling really restless like my body wanted to get up and move yet my eyes were so incredibly heavy. I did take it pretty late last night due to a late dinner which makes me think it may have been related to that but I’m going to take it with dinner again tonight and if it happens again tomorrow morning I think I might start taking it with lunch instead.

@Determined93 I refer to them as the bloody horse tablets! and still to this day I can gag when trying to take them, so I definitely sympathise.

I think your plan is sensible, if your tossing and turning again, switch it up! For me the multi and B's are first thing in the morning. The multi also has vitamin b's so it could be playing a part in you not being able to get back to sleep.

Determined93 said:
What’s the strengths of your Super Complex B if you don’t mind me asking? Just wondering whether I should be taking 2 of mine as I’ve only been taking one. The pharmacist did tell me that you can’t have too many B vitamins so I assume it wouldn’t be a problem to take another one other then it possibly affecting sleep but since I take it in the morning you’d think that wouldn’t be too much of a concern.

The Natures Own "Super Complex B" contains 50mg B1, 30mg B2, 100mg B3, 50mg B5, 50mg B6 and 50mg B12 and I take 2 every morning. The B12 rapi-melts (dissolving tablet) are 1000mcg and I just have the 1 of those.

The reason I have the B12 as well is that for a time my body was deficient, and I was getting injections every 3 - 4 months for basically a year. Even then the GP told me to start the B12 rapi-melts and that it wouldn't do any harm. Your B's are all water soluble and what your body doesn't need and absorb it will just pee out, so I wouldn't worry at all about having two a day. My husband has sometimes 2 in the morning and 2 at lunch lol!

Determined93 said:
When you started taking your vitamins did you feel the effects straight away or was it something that had to build up over time? Not really sure what I should be expecting, I am just so super tired right now haha.

Honestly took about a good 5 - 7 days of having them regularly - but I did increase my tablet intake of B's nearly straight away. The reason I asked is that when taking Duromine and starting up my vitamin routine again I did feel quite "buzzed" and its still happens - though not every day. I think it does depend on whether I am having a normal sized breakfast with them or as I sometimes do just a couple of spoons of yoghurt. Will take better note and let you know :)

I really do hope your able to get a good nights sleep in tonight! I would be telling the hubby its his turn if you want me to be able to cope tomorrow :laughing:, have a lovely bath, take and OTC aid and get in a well deserved rest!

Rava said:
No problems whatsoever! Geez I do remember teething toddlers and its no fun at all :(. I remember freezing whole banana's as it seemed to be the only thing that would give them some relief. Bonjella just didn't work on my kids!

Hope you are able to get a decent nights sleep in soon *hugs*

Yes teething is definitely not fun, we’re not having a good run in my household at the moment, on top of my toddler teething my son was up with an earache last night and I’m pretty sure I am getting sick again. Hoping to have an early night tonight after only getting an hour and a half sleep last night :(

Rava said:
@Determined93 I refer to them as the bloody horse tablets! and still to this day I can gag when trying to take them, so I definitely sympathise.

I think your plan is sensible, if your tossing and turning again, switch it up! For me the multi and B's are first thing in the morning. The multi also has vitamin b's so it could be playing a part in you not being able to get back to sleep.

They are horrible aren’t they haha. I actually ended up just taking my multi at lunch time yesterday instead of seeing how I went. I really didn’t want to risk the tossing and turning again which I supposed wouldn’t have mattered since I barely got to sleep anyway haha. I’m not sure exactly why I was told to split them up and not take them at the same time, but I think I might just start doing as you do and take both in the morning.. less chance of me forgetting about the multi that way.

Rava said:
The Natures Own "Super Complex B" contains 50mg B1, 30mg B2, 100mg B3, 50mg B5, 50mg B6 and 50mg B12 and I take 2 every morning. The B12 rapi-melts (dissolving tablet) are 1000mcg and I just have the 1 of those.

Hmm my “Mega B” seems to not have as many B’s as yours. It has the same amount of B1, B6 & B12, slightly less B2 but no B3 or B5. Might have to look into what B3 & B5 do and think about getting a different brand.

Rava said:
Your B's are all water soluble and what your body doesn't need and absorb it will just pee out, so I wouldn't worry at all about having two a day. My husband has sometimes 2 in the morning and 2 at lunch lol!

I’m glad you said that because I took 2 this morning before I read your response haha. I have a Birthday party on today (which I am hosting) so I figured I’d try taking an extra one and see if it helps me get through the day. Might even take a walk in your husbands shoes and take another couple at lunch if I feel the need :laughing: I’m actually surprisingly not feeling as completely out of it as I was yesterday, not sure if this is due to the extra B vitamin this morning or if it’s because I only had my 1.5hr sleep not even 4 hours ago or possibly it worked in the same way that power naps do and is making me feel with it for now. Downside, I have a throbbing headache which I’m guessing is from lack of sleep as I wouldn’t imagine I’d be dehydrated as I drank so much water last night.

Rava said:
Honestly took about a good 5 - 7 days of having them regularly - but I did increase my tablet intake of B's nearly straight away. The reason I asked is that when taking Duromine and starting up my vitamin routine again I did feel quite "buzzed" and its still happens - though not every day. I think it does depend on whether I am having a normal sized breakfast with them or as I sometimes do just a couple of spoons of yoghurt. Will take better note and let you know :)

Hopefully it works out for me the same as you with 5-7 days. I did actually end up with that kind of “buzzed” feeling yesterday but it was after I took my multi at lunch, although my “lunch” consisted of a coffee so maybe you’re onto something with how it affects you differently based on how much food is consumed with it.

QUOTE="Rava, post: 39091, member: 28486"]I really do hope your able to get a good nights sleep in tonight! I would be telling the hubby its his turn if you want me to be able to cope tomorrow :laughing:, have a lovely bath, take and OTC aid and get in a well deserved rest![/QUOTE]

Thank you, me too haha. I just informed him that since he only just got out of bed that it’s my turn to either go to bed early tonight or get a sleep in in the morning haha. Whether this actually happens or not is another thing as even if he gets on board with it, he’s a deep sleeper so never wakes up to the kids.. but it’s nice to have hope :)

@Rava thank you again for all of the info on the vitamins and your experience with them :)

Determined93 said:
Hmm my “Mega B” seems to not have as many B’s as yours. It has the same amount of B1, B6 & B12, slightly less B2 but no B3 or B5. Might have to look into what B3 & B5 do and think about getting a different brand.

Just a quick response @Determined93 before off to do some cleaning.

All of the "B's" help break down carbohydrates, fats and proteins and turn them into energy - hence the boost you can get from them :)

B3 - is basically "Niacin" though it comes in several forms, including niacinamide (nicotinamide) and inositol hexanicotinate.

Some reports suggest it raises good cholesterol levels, whilst lowering the bad. It also plays a role in gland and liver functions, by producing certain hormones in the adrenal gland that helps remove harmful chemicals from the liver.

B5 - called is pantothenic acid. This helps your body make red blood cells and assists the adrenal gland to make certain hormones. By breaking down the fats it also helps our body rebuild tissue and muscle.

I have always been told that if I was specifically targeting a specific "B group" to make sure I also took a "Multi B or Complex B" so that ALL the B levels were supported and were not thrown out of whack :)

Rava said:
Just a quick response @Determined93 before off to do some cleaning.

All of the "B's" help break down carbohydrates, fats and proteins and turn them into energy - hence the boost you can get from them :)

B3 - is basically "Niacin" though it comes in several forms, including niacinamide (nicotinamide) and inositol hexanicotinate.

Some reports suggest it raises good cholesterol levels, whilst lowering the bad. It also plays a role in gland and liver functions, by producing certain hormones in the adrenal gland that helps remove harmful chemicals from the liver.

B5 - called is pantothenic acid. This helps your body make red blood cells and assists the adrenal gland to make certain hormones. By breaking down the fats it also helps our body rebuild tissue and muscle.

I have always been told that if I was specifically targeting a specific "B group" to make sure I also took a "Multi B or Complex B" so that ALL the B levels were supported and were not thrown out of whack :)

Thanks @Rava for the info, I did some research today and worked out that my mega B does actually have B3 & B5 in it, it was just under a different name. Today I took 2 of my B’s and one of my multi’s together in the morning and an hour or so later I experienced that jittery feeling you mentioned .. it actually lasted most of the day. It was good because I found that I wanted to get up and move a lot more but I found myself getting irritated this afternoon whilst shopping with the kids because they were moving too slow and it felt like my body was in rush mode (despite not actually being in a rush) if that makes any sense. I only took them with a coffee not any actual food so I’m thinking maybe this is why I felt that “go go go” feeling more today, no problem with feeling sick taking them on an empty stomach though which is good.

Reactions: Rava
So I thought I posted my end of week 9 weigh in on Saturday but apparently I didn’t so here’s how I did ...

End of week 9 weigh in (16th June)..
Start weight - 97.4kg
Current weight - 84.4kg
*1.2kg loss this week
*13kg total lost to date

I was stoked to see that I had a 1.2kg loss this week but also very surprised as I allowed myself to have a few treats this week (although I did still stick to the serving size). I also struggled with my late night munchies returning which despite snacking on fruit I still thought would negatively effect me eating late into the night. I kind of had the “oh well, i’ll Just work it off tomorrow” attitude which I knew was wrong and I only actually pushed myself to do more 2 days out of the week and the rest was pretty slack so despite what the scales say I’ve lost I kind of don’t believe it.

My sleep was also pretty terrible this past week and I actually ended up sleeping for 13 hours straight on Saturday night through to Sunday :eek:

Determined93 said:
So I thought I posted my end of week 9 weigh in on Saturday but apparently I didn’t so here’s how I did ...

End of week 9 weigh in (16th June)..
Start weight - 97.4kg
Current weight - 84.4kg
*1.2kg loss this week
*13kg total lost to date

I was stoked to see that I had a 1.2kg loss this week but also very surprised as I allowed myself to have a few treats this week (although I did still stick to the serving size). I also struggled with my late night munchies returning which despite snacking on fruit I still thought would negatively effect me eating late into the night. I kind of had the “oh well, i’ll Just work it off tomorrow” attitude which I knew was wrong and I only actually pushed myself to do more 2 days out of the week and the rest was pretty slack so despite what the scales say I’ve lost I kind of don’t believe it.

My sleep was also pretty terrible this past week and I actually ended up sleeping for 13 hours straight on Saturday night through to Sunday :eek:

@Determined93 Congrats on your loss :) and I am so glad you got some sleep in!

Maybe your intake this week tricked your body with the variance of calories?

@Rava thank you :) I’m thinking that must be it.

So that jittery energised kind of feeling I had yesterday turned into just full blown awakeness last night .. I actually didn’t even realise that I had pulled an all-nighter until I finally started feeling a little sleepy and looked at the clock and it was 4am! By that point I figured it wasn’t worth going to bed for a couple of hours before the kids got up, so here I am still awake. I actually didn’t feel too bad today though, I just felt really motivated to keep moving which I haven’t felt since the beginning of starting duromine. My step count was the highest it has been in a long time too which was great because I wasn’t even aiming for that, I just could not stop moving around.

I’m not sure whether this is a side effect of duro showing up again or if it’s due to the vitamins. I am kind of hoping that it’s the vitamins kicking in because if they can give me this much energy and motivation then I’m pretty confident that I will be okay on my 3 month break from duro.

I’m honestly feeling really great about my day, even with no sleep. I do feel tired now but no more then what I was feeling a week ago by this time of night after having sleep the night before.

Reactions: lembu07 and Rava
13kgs! whoop whoop!! Keep up the great work @Determined93

Determined93 said:
So that jittery energised kind of feeling I had yesterday turned into just full blown awakeness last night .. I actually didn’t even realise that I had pulled an all-nighter until I finally started feeling a little sleepy and looked at the clock and it was 4am! By that point I figured it wasn’t worth going to bed for a couple of hours before the kids got up, so here I am still awake. I actually didn’t feel too bad today though, I just felt really motivated to keep moving which I haven’t felt since the beginning of starting duromine. My step count was the highest it has been in a long time too which was great because I wasn’t even aiming for that, I just could not stop moving around.

An all-nighter! Go you lol! (You gave me a good giggle then :laughing:) I'm just happy you managed to get a good sleep in before you did this! @Determined93 !!!

Determined93 said:
I’m not sure whether this is a side effect of duro showing up again or if it’s due to the vitamins. I am kind of hoping that it’s the vitamins kicking in because if they can give me this much energy and motivation then I’m pretty confident that I will be okay on my 3 month break from duro.

I’m honestly feeling really great about my day, even with no sleep. I do feel tired now but no more then what I was feeling a week ago by this time of night after having sleep the night before.

I'm glad for whatever the reason that you have more energy and motivation! For me personally I honestly do think it is part of the vitamin's. I know with myself, and like you, I tend to get that jittery feeling and just have more energy in general. I think with the Duromine, yes - I do get this effect every now and then, but with taking the vitamins as well it seems to be more regular if that makes sense. I definitely have noted if I take extra vitamin B12 then I do get the jittery/energized feeling back, and like I mentioned before it does depend on if I have them with food or not.

Did you mention before that you stopped taking the Duromine, to kind of reset yourself? I know that April has mentioned in some threads if the hunger increases etc..... that it could be a good idea to stop for 3 - 4 days and then start again, and the effects of the Duromine will kick in again?