Thanks @skinnymee I am looking forward to the next 10kg but I’m also starting to get a bit worried that once I finish my course of duro that my losses will stall or that I will put some back on. I skipped a day the other day due to having a sleep in and although I still stayed under my calories for the day I made all the wrong choices food wise. Also haven’t really done a lot of exercise in the past couple of weeks so I’m thinking that this rate of weight loss is more so due to taking duro then the changes I’ve made in my lifestyle. The whole idea of 3 months off of duro while I still will have so much left to loose honestly terrifies me.

Updated Measurements - Week 6 - 28/05

Bust - 101cm
- 5mm loss since last week (5.3cm Total loss)
Chest - 90.8cm
- 2mm loss since last week (6.5cm Total loss)
Hips - 108.4cm
- 3mm loss since last week (6.9cm Total loss)
Waist - 91cm
- 1.8cm loss since last week (7.4cm Total loss)
Bicep - 34.7cm
- 1.8cm loss since last week (2.3cm Total loss)
Forearm - 28.5cm
- 5mm loss since last week (1.7cm Total loss)
Calf - 39cm
- 8mm loss since last week (2cm Total loss)
Thigh - 67.9cm
- 7mm loss since last week (3.9cm Total loss)
Midsection- 108cm
- 3cm loss since last week (9.3cm Total loss)

Would also like to add that my BMI is down by 4.

I took a good look at myself in the mirror this morning and noticed that my waist has a good indentation to it, it always had a bit of an indentation but now it kind of looks like a little chunk has been taken out. I think my problem when looking at myself and trying to notice the difference is that my love handles stand out a lot more now because of the shrink in my waist so when I look at myself in the mirror my eyes are automatically drawn to that area rather then looking at my whole midsection.

Reactions: April and Rava
Determined93 said:
Thanks @skinnymee I am looking forward to the next 10kg but I’m also starting to get a bit worried that once I finish my course of duro that my losses will stall or that I will put some back on. I skipped a day the other day due to having a sleep in and although I still stayed under my calories for the day I made all the wrong choices food wise. Also haven’t really done a lot of exercise in the past couple of weeks so I’m thinking that this rate of weight loss is more so due to taking duro then the changes I’ve made in my lifestyle. The whole idea of 3 months off of duro while I still will have so much left to loose honestly terrifies me.

Well, I had a few unexpected months off and even went away on holiday and ate dessert every night and only put on a couple of kgs - which I lost immediately after starting D again. My biggest concern for you is weaning yourself off of such a heavy dose. Do you have a plan? While you are winding down make small changes - baby steps - like removing all the junk food from your cupboards so you won't be tempted. If it's not there you can't eat it. And then, my best advice, during your break, is to keep weighing yourself and taking measurements. You can't manage what you don't measure. This way, if you see your weight creeping up again, you can take action :)

Reactions: April
Determined93 said:
Would also like to add that my BMI is down by 4.

I took a good look at myself in the mirror this morning and noticed that my waist has a good indentation to it, it always had a bit of an indentation but now it kind of looks like a little chunk has been taken out.

Holy cat balls! BMI down by 4 is awesome!!

I relate to the chunk lol! I am used to seeing myself as straight up and down and now that I have a little bite taken out when there was nothing there before it just looks freakin odd!

Gave me a good giggle reading that :)

Determined93 said:
Also haven’t really done a lot of exercise in the past couple of weeks so I’m thinking that this rate of weight loss is more so due to taking duro then the changes I’ve made in my lifestyle. The whole idea of 3 months off of duro while I still will have so much left to loose honestly terrifies me.

I think you answered your own question IMHO. Start adding in some exercise here and there. Make a promise to yourself to do 15 minutes a day, 3 x a week and build from there. Take notes and see what changes... (but please don't focus on just one exercise like I did - it really screwed with my head last weekend!)

I honestly don't think I would have lost more than half a kilo a week if I hadn't embraced the exercise part of it.. My metabolism is so screwed that I can only go off my notes for calorie intake from what my surgeon gave me over 5 years ago..and I really don't know now if it is correct or even applies..

I understand the whole feeling terrified bit. I leave in just over 28 days for Europe and I know my Dr doesn't want me to take them with me... She's actually already mentioned the fact that I can restart them after Europe (2 month break) and I am freaking just a little that she won't give me another script for the 2 and a bit weeks I have remaining once this months supply is gone. Due to run out on the 9th of June. I am just trying to focus on changing the little things first... and hopefully will be more prepared to deal with any fall out later.

I have even considered looking at the selling threads here, but am nervous about
1. Being ripped off
2. Would I receive them in time.

Determined2try said:
28/29 May 2018
Exercise - 45 minutes on the treadmill.

Today (Tuesday) baby actually slept for 5 hours last night so I got about 4 hours WOOOOHHHOOOO! It's amazing what a difference even that much sleep can make. I had my duromine at 7am this morning. At this point, the thirst has kicked in and I've got the impatient buzz. I feel anxious but I'm attributing that to mental health and not just the duromine. In the last week I did feel like the duromine does intensify emotions so anyone who is in a challenging mental health space really needs to be aware of this.

I also weighed myself this morning and I've picked up 700g which I guess is the burger/wine making its appearance. It's not what I wanted to see but I had a chat to myself and I will not be held slave to the numbers on the scale. I have to keep trying and not give up on account of a difficult few days. I hope this week I can keep it together and l will see the numbers go back down.

I found a quote which I liked and thought I'd share with you. Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Firstly, love - love the quote :). How very appropriate chickie!

You did so well with your food! the frozen veg pack portions are so easy to use, and have become a bit of a staple for me. 4 minutes done and dusted ready to eat lol :)

Great work on your exercise and I wouldn't worry about your weight right now. Exercise itself can make you retain your weight for a little, so just focus on your food and water and you will flush that gain away :)

So glad you managed to get in some sleep! I am a person who needs a certain amount of hours, so I definitely hear you!

Hope your day is going well xx

skinnymee said:
Well, I had a few unexpected months off and even went away on holiday and ate dessert every night and only put on a couple of kgs - which I lost immediately after starting D again. My biggest concern for you is weaning yourself off of such a heavy dose. Do you have a plan? While you are winding down make small changes - baby steps - like removing all the junk food from your cupboards so you won't be tempted. If it's not there you can't eat it. And then, my best advice, during your break, is to keep weighing yourself and taking measurements. You can't manage what you don't measure. This way, if you see your weight creeping up again, you can take action :)

Thanks, that gives me some hope that hopefully if I do gain that it won’t be too much. I think the hardest part will be finding the energy to just make it through my normal day. Before duro I was constantly tired all of the time and although the really noticeable energy boost that duro gave me at the beginning has well and truly worn off I still think it helps me function normally especially on days after I had a crap sleep. I was hoping in the beginning that whatever weight I lost during my course of duro would help with my energy levels but so far I don’t think it’s had any impact.

Yes my doctor and I spoke at my last appointment about using my last month to wean off of it. So the plan is to cut back to every second day in the first 2 weeks and then every 3rd and then every fourth.

Unfortunately I can’t remove all of the junk food in my home due to the kids stuff and also my partner buys a lot of junk too. My plan for any sugar cravings will be to try and always have fresh fruit available as I’ve found that if I’m going to binge on something sweet then fruit is definitely better then some other high calorie junk food.

Yes great advice, I definitely plan to keep weighing myself, taking measurements and counting calories. At the moment I feel like I am in the right frame of mind to stay on track, the problem I think will be when my weight loss stops or slows right down as that’s been when I have failed and given up during previous attempts at weightloss. I do plan to keep visiting this site though to hopefully keep me motivated.

Reactions: skinnymee and April
Rava said:
I think you answered your own question IMHO. Start adding in some exercise here and there. Make a promise to yourself to do 15 minutes a day, 3 x a week and build from there. Take notes and see what changes... (but please don't focus on just one exercise like I did - it really screwed with my head last weekend!)

15 mins a day seems like it would be easy to get in so I honestly don’t know where I am going wrong as of lately, the days just seem to to fly by and although I am usually quite active around home cleaning and chasing my hyped up toddler around I really struggle to find time to fit in any planned exercises. My whole routine I had at the beginning of my journey went out the window when my toddler decided to drop her daytime nap recently and turn into a little terror. I have started trying to play around with my days to find a new routine that works but no such luck yet but hopefully I will figure one out before everything changes again (the joys of having young children and routines forever changing).

Rava said:
I have even considered looking at the selling threads here, but am nervous about
1. Being ripped off
2. Would I receive them in time.

I understand your hesitation. I’m very paranoid with buying that kind of stuff online, you never really know what you are getting / if anyone has tampered with it. It crossed my mind at first when I found out my doctor wanted me to have a 3 month break at the end of my course rather then the standard 1 month and I was convinced that 3 months without the help of duro while still having so much to loose would be a disaster but I decided the potential risks of buying online wasn’t worth it. Maybe have a talk to one of the admins first and see what they recommend?

Reactions: Rava
29/30 May 2018

Hello all

@Rava oh my I used to be one of those people who couldnt function if I didn't get 8 straight hours of sleep and now I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 hours.

Anyway, last night it was only 2.5 hours of broken sleep. Bubs finally fell asleep but I was wide awake thanks to my friend D. So I decided to skip the tablet today and have one tomorrow.

Food was pretty good according to me.

Breakfast was a boiled egg and a rice cracker as I really didn't feel like eating.

Lunch, leftover baked chicken and steamed veggies.

Dinner was a big mixed salad containing carrot, apple, orange, cucumber, kidney beans, spring onion, pomegranate, tomatoes, lettuce and spinach.

Water - I was dying of thirst yesterday and managed to chug down 4.5 litres! My mouth permanently felt like it was stuffed with cotton wool and my throat was parched.

Exercise - 60 minutes on the treadmill.

I'm going to try eating a bit more today as I've read that that can help kick start weight loss again.

Have a wonderful day everyone and remember to smile :)
screenshot_20180522-232516_instagram-jpg.860

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180522-232516_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20180522-232516_Instagram.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 421
Wish you a lovely day and a finally sound night’s sleep! Stay strong, dear, you’re going so great!

Reactions: Determined2try
Determined2try said:
29/30 May 2018
I used to be one of those people who couldnt function if I didn't get 8 straight hours of sleep and now I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 hours.

My minimum is definitely 6! I am a cranky butt without it! Don't get me wrong I can do the 4 hour sleep here of there, but more than 2 days in a row - no bloody way! My mood becomes vicious, and the family better not even look at me the wrong way!

Determined2try said:
Anyway, last night it was only 2.5 hours of broken sleep. Bubs finally fell asleep but I was wide awake thanks to my friend D. So I decided to skip the tablet today and have one tomorrow.

So hard with a little one. Is there any way you can organise a schedule with your Mum to help you out every couple of days? Even if its just for you to catch a bit of shut eye during the afternoon?

Determined2try said:
Breakfast was a boiled egg and a rice cracker as I really didn't feel like eating. Lunch, leftover baked chicken and steamed veggies. Dinner was a big mixed salad containing carrot, apple, orange, cucumber, kidney beans, spring onion, pomegranate, tomatoes, lettuce and spinach.

Water - I was dying of thirst yesterday and managed to chug down 4.5 litres! My mouth permanently felt like it was stuffed with cotton wool and my throat was parched.

Exercise - 60 minutes on the treadmill.

I think you are doing fine :). Are you using any type of calorie tracker? I use one and it really helps me a lot! and go you on the exercise :). You will be kicking butt!

Determined93 said:
15 mins a day seems like it would be easy to get in so I honestly don’t know where I am going wrong as of lately, the days just seem to to fly by and although I am usually quite active around home cleaning and chasing my hyped up toddler around I really struggle to find time to fit in any planned exercises.

My whole routine I had at the beginning of my journey went out the window when my toddler decided to drop her daytime nap recently and turn into a little terror. I have started trying to play around with my days to find a new routine that works but no such luck yet but hopefully I will figure one out before everything changes again (the joys of having young children and routines forever changing).

Its hard with little ones, and then they change their routine on you! You poor thing, *hugs*. I hope it gets better for you soon!.

The only thing I can think of suggesting is maybe grabbing 10 mins before your shower when your hubby is home? Get in the bathroom, do some squats, lunges? and go from there?

Determined93 said:
I understand your hesitation. I’m very paranoid with buying that kind of stuff online, you never really know what you are getting / if anyone has tampered with it. It crossed my mind at first when I found out my doctor wanted me to have a 3 month break at the end of my course rather then the standard 1 month and I was convinced that 3 months without the help of duro while still having so much to loose would be a disaster but I decided the potential risks of buying online wasn’t worth it. Maybe have a talk to one of the admins first and see what they recommend?

I'm seriously thinking about it. I counted my tablets today, and have 2 weeks left (forgot about last week, where I was only having every other day) so next week I think I will do the same but this time 2 on, 1 off - just to try and make them go a little further. I see my Dr, this Friday week, so then I will know for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Determined93
Rava said:
My minimum is definitely 6! I am a cranky butt without it! Don't get me wrong I can do the 4 hour sleep here of there, but more than 2 days in a row - no bloody way! My mood becomes vicious, and the family better not even look at me the wrong way!

So hard with a little one. Is there any way you can organise a schedule with your Mum to help you out every couple of days? Even if its just for you to catch a bit of shut eye during the afternoon?

I think you are doing fine :). Are you using any type of calorie tracker? I use one and it really helps me a lot! and go you on the exercise :). You will be kicking butt!

Hi hun

I'm using fitnesspal to track calories. I absolutely agree with you - it definitely helps alot to track every single thing going in. It's so easy to lose track otherwise.

Reactions: Rava and April
Rava said:
Its hard with little ones, and then they change their routine on you! You poor thing, *hugs*. I hope it gets better for you soon!.

The only thing I can think of suggesting is maybe grabbing 10 mins before your shower when your hubby is home? Get in the bathroom, do some squats, lunges? and go from there?

Thanks for the tip, I think I will start trying to do this. My mind is very fuzzy from yesterday, I actually hit my step goal and calories burned goal for the day but I’m sitting here trying to think back to what I actually did yesterday and my mind has gone completely blank. I remember going up to the school in the morning and then cleaning out my car but the rest of the day is just blank. I do however remember that in the morning (from the time I had my coffee) while I was getting the kids ready, instead of walking back and forwards through the house like a zombie doing things I kind of jogged/sped walked. So I guess that’s a start haha.

It is really starting to bug me that I just can not remember what I have done lately. I really need to keep on top of writing things down.

End of week 7 weigh in ..

Only down 500g this week but I’m not letting that discourage me as the last time I had a smaller loss over a week the following weeks were pretty good.

Start weight - 97.4kg
Current weight - 86.3kg
*500g lost since last week
*11.1kg total lost to date

SW: 59Kg
CW: 56.4Kg
Height: 1.6M
Lost: 2.6Kg
Mini Goal: 52Kg
GW: 49Kg

Hello!

I'm 26 years old this year. Currently facing weight management issue. My weight has been hovering at 58-59Kg for the past few months. Even with times when I started a running and hula-hoop regime, my weight loss was only about 1Kg. To be fair, I didn't control my diet that much then. But I am not a big eater, except that I do supper fortnightly.

I have heard of Duromine since years ago, but I haven't thought of using it previously as I could still manage to lose weight when I was younger. I used to weigh as high as 63-64Kg. And I managed to lose 10Kg and maintain the weight of 53Kg for many years too. (I wish to lose further, but my weight won't budge after I hit 53Kg).

So now at this stage, I decided to go on Duromine. That very day, I went to a clinic nearby to get a prescription to aid in my weight loss journey. Initially, I was afraid that the doctor wouldn't prescribe me, as I'm actually healthy and my weight was just barely overweight. But luckily he did!

I've started my Duromine journey on 22 May 2018. Fast forward 2 weeks +, now, I have lost 2.6Kg. It's pretty slow compared to most of the post I saw here, but I'm glad that I'm finally at the 56Kg range which I couldn't achieve a few months back. And I wanted to start this thread, to serve as a motivation to myself (& possibly to anyone who are in this with me).

I'm glad that I didn't suffer much side effect from it. Except for the 1st three night, I suffered very bad insomnia. I was energetic on the very first pill, and slowly after all insomnia, I was really in a bad shape. Luckily, by the 4th night, I could finally sleep in. By day 5, I have decided to take Duromine on alternate days so that I would not be too reliant on the pill. On the first day without the pill, I was pretty skeptical too, I was afraid that I couldn't control my diet again.. but alas! I did well.

What exercise regime do I have in the past 2 weeks? - I would do 30 crunches every morning (this is what I've been doing for the past 6 months in fact). After I come back from work, I would do static exercise and cycling (at least 5 times per week). I would try to play some intensity and resistance training while at it.

What diet I'm having in the past 2 weeks? - In the morning I usually have a cup of Milo before I leave home. Once I reached the office, my breakfast varies, sometimes I would have fruits salad consisting of some grapes, kiwi, tomatoes, and strawberries. Sometimes, I eat yogurt, and sometimes, bread from some bakery store.

For Lunch, it varies from a salad meal, consisting of lettuce, oranges, strawberries, an egg, and tomatoes. Or a home cook food like pasta or stir-fry noodle.

For Dinner, I would eat a small portion of a meal cooked by my mum or sometimes just fruits or maybe some soup stew where me and my boyfriend would cook.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me some tips on what improvement could be done to my diet and exercise regime, if possible.

I will be back to update my CW on my third-week progression on Tuesday!

End of week 8 weigh in from yesterday ..

Start weight - 97.4kg
Current weight - 85.6kg
*700g loss since last week
*11.8kg total lost to date

Not a great week this week with anything for reasons I’d rather not go into. I see my doctor tomorrow for my third and final script before a 3 month break. Still very nervous about how I will do without duro and even how cutting them back will effect me but I plan to make this last month count which will hopefully help me stay motivated throughout my 3 month break.

*hugs @Determined93 * you are going and great! Its an average loss of just under 1.5kg a week! That is awesome!

I feel your fear but I also know that you will be fine gorgeous! You can do it :) and please make sure you update here whilst you are on the 2 month break.

Don't know if it helps, but I was having a convo with a lady that I have only recently found out was on Duromine also. She actually turned to natural supplements during her break! The one she mentioned to me was Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite. She has 4 tablets a day (2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon). Now I know these are caffeine based, but not much more. I also know they are an appetite suppressant, and obviously can give you a boost in your energy levels due to the caffeine, but I haven't had time to research much as yet.

I am going to go down to my health food store on Wednesday (have a lady who works there that I trust) and get her opinion. Will definitely post the info once I have it x

I haven't been able to log on for a week and was wondering how you were going @Determined2try ?

Reactions: April
Time to lose said:
I'm 26 years old this year. Currently facing weight management issue. My weight has been hovering at 58-59Kg for the past few months.

Hiya @Time to lose *waves*

Glad you started to post :)

I see you only have about 10kg to lose and are quite active :). The first thing I wanted to mention is don't be surprised if you don't lose a big number! A lot of us expect it when starting out, due to the marvellous posts we read - but the less weight we have to lose the harder it is to shift - as I can see you know :)

Time to lose said:
I've started my Duromine journey on 22 May 2018. Fast forward 2 weeks +, now, I have lost 2.6Kg. It's pretty slow compared to most of the post I saw here, but I'm glad that I'm finally at the 56Kg range which I couldn't achieve a few months back. And I wanted to start this thread, to serve as a motivation to myself (& possibly to anyone who are in this with me).

Still I think its a great result! Your averaging out at 1.3kg a week! You only have 7.4kg to your goal!!!

Time to lose said:
What exercise regime do I have in the past 2 weeks? - I would do 30 crunches every morning (this is what I've been doing for the past 6 months in fact). After I come back from work, I would do static exercise and cycling (at least 5 times per week). I would try to play some intensity and resistance training while at it.
All I can recommend is to change it up. I've spoken to a lot of people since starting Duromine and just like calorie intake days (where you can vary them) I was told to vary my exercise. Some days I am doing cardio for an hour and a half straight. The next day I might do 45 minutes in the morning cardio, 20 minutes of resistance around lunch and another hour of cardio in the late afternoon. I also give myself an active rest day - where I try to get in half my 10,000 steps or 500 calories but I am not using any type of intensity.

Time to lose said:
What diet I'm having in the past 2 weeks? - In the morning I usually have a cup of Milo before I leave home. Once I reached the office, my breakfast varies, sometimes I would have fruits salad consisting of some grapes, kiwi, tomatoes, and strawberries. Sometimes, I eat yogurt, and sometimes, bread from some bakery store.

For Lunch, it varies from a salad meal, consisting of lettuce, oranges, strawberries, an egg, and tomatoes. Or a home cook food like pasta or stir-fry noodle.

For Dinner, I would eat a small portion of a meal cooked by my mum or sometimes just fruits or maybe some soup stew where me and my boyfriend would cook.

I would look at your carb and sugar (natural as well) intake as well as your coffee/tea/milo intake.

• If you are having full fat milk - swap it out for skim.
  • If you are having sugar in your hot drinks - start reducing the amount.
  • If you need the carbs for energy - introduce some low GI carbs instead like rolled oats for breakfast with skim milk.
  • I would try not having carbs at all after breakfast.
  • Making sure the carbs you do eat after breakfast are all the rich green leafy ones.
  • You could cut out your fruit - you are having quite a bit of natural sugars.

Fructose

• It, too, seeps through your small intestine into the bloodstream, which delivers fructose straight to your liver.
  • Your liver works to metabolize fructose—i.e., turn it into something your body can use. But the organ is easily overwhelmed, especially if you have a raging sweet tooth. Over time, excess fructose can prompt globules of fat to grow throughout the liver, a process called lipogenesis, the precursor to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
  • Too much fructose also lowers HDL, or "good" cholesterol, and spurs the production of triglycerides, a type of fat that can migrate from the liver to the arteries, raising your risk for heart attack or stroke.
  • Your liver sends an S.O.S. for extra insulin. Overwhelmed, your pancreas is now in overdrive, which can result in total-body inflammation that, in turn, puts you at even higher risk for obesity and diabetes.
  • Insulin also blocks production of leptin, the "hunger hormone" that tells your brain that you're full. The higher your insulin levels, the hungrier you will feel (even if you've just eaten a lot). Now your brain directs your body to start storing glucose as belly fat.