Duromine & Insomnia

FIRST DAY
Hii guys so gna get right into it and start blabering away as I'm desperate for replys . I am not a large person always have been a slim size 8 till my baby girl came along and transformed me lol. I have been dieting for 3 years now . Reallllllly trying and i have made progress but its taken soooo long! I am not wanting to loose alot of weight 6 -7 kilios ill be up in the sky with happiness! I just want to get my tummy used 2 eating healthy and SMALL.
So day one and other then... walking into the mens bathroom my daughters swimming school!

i have been ok loving how i feel towards food ! BUT here is the turn off went to bed at 10pm its now 6am and i havent had a wink of sleep!!!!! I read on here to take the pill at 6am to help get sleep pattern running which i have just done with my multi vitamin. . i dont feel tired just weird as i know my body needs sleep. Help zzzzzz

Last edited:
Hey Fay,
I honestly dont think anyone sleeps on their first day of taking duromine. Take your tablet on time every day. I take mine at 4am, am a mum of 3. I am in bed by 9 / 930pm every night since around day 4-5. I found this forum to be very helpful during the insomnia stage, searching for "what to expect" and tips on what to do's. Enjoy the energy, and finally getting to everything you've put off around your house. Take your daughter for long strolls around town. Drink plenty of water. Snack often to keep your metabolism at its best. Then watch the weight disappear! It's the best magic show in town* ;-)
Side notes : there will be days of no "energy" and days where you may be sick - continue to take duromine anyway, and on time. It is still working, even if you dont "feel" like it is. Measure your body, in cm/inches aswell. Some weeks you may not lose weight, as you may have lost fat and gained muscle.
Goodluck, we are all in this together. So if you need anything - just shout out and someone will be able to help.

Booty said:
Hey Fay,
I honestly dont think anyone sleeps on their first day of taking duromine. Take your tablet on time every day. I take mine at 4am, am a mum of 3. I am in bed by 9 / 930pm every night since around day 4-5. I found this forum to be very helpful during the insomnia stage, searching for "what to expect" and tips on what to do's. Enjoy the energy, and finally getting to everything you've put off around your house. Take your daughter for long strolls around town. Drink plenty of water. Snack often to keep your metabolism at its best. Then watch the weight disappear! It's the best magic show in town* ;-)
Side notes : there will be days of no "energy" and days where you may be sick - continue to take duromine anyway, and on time. It is still working, even if you dont "feel" like it is. Measure your body, in cm/inches aswell. Some weeks you may not lose weight, as you may have lost fat and gained muscle.
Goodluck, we are all in this together. So if you need anything - just shout out and someone will be able to help.

Hiii thanks heaps 4 ur reply u gave me heaps of motivation. Today was alot better did my best to get in bed at the time u suggested but i was out all day and i fulli have ocd lol need to have a spotless house b4 i get in bed. Wasnt in bed till 12 .... but ingot to sleep at 1am slept 5 hrs better then nothing just about to hit 6am and take another tablet. Awwww u must be a busy mumma i have one child but i feel like i have 3 lol ! How is your weight loss journey going... do u think i can halve the capsule? Like every 2 days?

fay said:
Hiii thanks heaps 4 ur reply u gave me heaps of motivation. Today was alot better did my best to get in bed at the time u suggested but i was out all day and i fulli have ocd lol need to have a spotless house b4 i get in bed. Wasnt in bed till 12 .... but ingot to sleep at 1am slept 5 hrs better then nothing just about to hit 6am and take another tablet. Awwww u must be a busy mumma i have one child but i feel like i have 3 lol ! How is your weight loss journey going... do u think i can halve the capsule? Like every 2 days?
P.s mind my typos x

It took a few days for my body to adjust to that time slot - Do not expect yours to happen straight away. Your sleep will increase over time, in little stages. Progressively getting better every day. I think to reduce your dose would hinder your body's adjustment and your overall results. I still get a little OCD at times. Yesterday it was with my washing machine. It sparkles like diamonds now!! Not to mention my pantry and fridge are ORGANISED! :)
My weight hasnt changed, i know its due to the lack of exercise recently. Its raining, its pouring and the lightning bolts are boring* Should settle down by Sunday - finally.. so i can get out and about again. :)

SleepInTheGarden said:
Feeling a bit shitty, had a dietitians appointment, really help figure out what foods to eat and what not but I felt so judged. I can't explain it :/ he told me that duromine won't help and it's all up to me, and I get where he was coming from but to say that wouldn't do anything, didn't help my confidence.
Got weighed on his scales and I was 140.9 so that's a weight loss of 1.3 but weight myself when I got home and it said I had put on .6kg so I don't know. Just wanting to cry
Don't fret ebony, remember that this isn't a sprint to the finish, it's a marathon that will bring you great rewards at the end!

SleepInTheGarden said:
Week 1 complete.
Start weight 142.2kg
Current 139.5kg
Loss: 2.8 kilos!
Safe to say I'm pretty happy with that. It's not much. But if I put it down to this: 5 month to lose 25kg = 5 kilos a month. So I'm over halfway there this month.
Great loss Well done In answer to your previous question yes I was on duromine the whole time. I have been on duromine since 1 mar 2015. I did about 4.5mths then had a month break to maintain and give my body a break. Started back on them a fortnite ago but had to stop after 7 days as I have got the flu quite bad. Have had regular dr appts and he is very happy with my progress and as I have had no major side effects is happy for me to continue on duromine. I am now down to 92kg from 118kg. Have a great week and keep up the great work. T xx

Reactions: Crazyme
Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while. I got really worried about not being able to keep my weight off without duromine, so I went off them for a week. Didn't do too bad only gained 300grams so I'm pretty happy that I can sustain my weight, started back on them on Monday. And it's now Thursday and I'm down to 136.9
Already reached my mini goal of 5kgs. Which is a bit worrying. Am I losing it too quick or maybe just cause I stopped and started again. Starting weight when I started duromine back up was 139.7 so that's

Sorry accidently hit the button, that's 2.8 kg in 4 days! Maybe in just a worry wart :(

I think if you are being healthy and making healthy choices you should be fine. This journey is about establishing new healthier habits to replace the old ones that got us in the body's we currently have. I lost 4kg in the first 9 days. Shocked was an understatement! Majority of which was water weight. Since then my losses have been small, as i have a small amount of weight to lose. As your are roughly 50kg heavier then your ideal weight - you can expect big losses at the start and they would progressively reduce over time. This is based on the experiences i have read on this and many other forums related to duromine.

Thanks. I just never want to get this big again! But I'm exercising at least 5 times a week, whether its swimming, walking the dogs or a workout DVD. And I'm only eating roughly 1350 calories a day. I found though, since starting back on duromine I'm more hungry then I was off it.

Your metabolism is on fire! Eat protein - should settle those pangs. You could eat a boiled egg, handful of nuts or have a low carb, protein shake (mixed with water)?

SleepInTheGarden said:
Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while. I got really worried about not being able to keep my weight off without duromine, so I went off them for a week. Didn't do too bad only gained 300grams so I'm pretty happy that I can sustain my weight, started back on them on Monday. And it's now Thursday and I'm down to 136.9
Already reached my mini goal of 5kgs. Which is a bit worrying. Am I losing it too quick or maybe just cause I stopped and started again. Starting weight when I started duromine back up was 139.7 so that's

Welcome back, yes you are a worry wart lol

Just focus on eating right and getting your body moving, the people that have success after D are the ones that make an effort to change there eating/exercise habits and don't go back to there unhealthy lifestyle after. I'm curious how you handled the week off, did you struggle with portion control?

Not
Bringingskinnyback said:
Welcome back, yes you are a worry wart lol

Just focus on eating right and getting your body moving, the people that have success after D are the ones that make an effort to change there eating/exercise habits and don't go back to there unhealthy lifestyle after. I'm curious how you handled the week off, did you struggle with portion control?
not
really, I found I'm more hungry on duromine than I was off it. So it wasn't too bad. The weekend was kinda hard cause I had friends come over, was easy to portion it cause we had Chinese, but I would've preferred to cook something :/
Also I'm eating roughly 5000-6000 kj a day now, and I was looking at what I used to eat which was a lot of two minute noodles! I used to eat 3-4 packs a day and they are 2000kj per pack. And had maccas every other day which was 4500 kj for the meal I used to get so I'm not the least bit surprised Im losing weight!!

Booty said:
Your metabolism is on fire! Eat protein - should settle those pangs. You could eat a boiled egg, handful of nuts or have a low carb, protein shake (mixed with water)?
I'll boil up some eggs today :) not really into nuts :/ aldi has shakes but I'm not sure they're the right thing? I think they're meal replacement ones

SleepInTheGarden said:
Not
not
really, I found I'm more hungry on duromine than I was off it. So it wasn't too bad. The weekend was kinda hard cause I had friends come over, was easy to portion it cause we had Chinese, but I would've preferred to cook something :/
Also I'm eating roughly 5000-6000 kj a day now, and I was looking at what I used to eat which was a lot of two minute noodles! I used to eat 3-4 packs a day and they are 2000kj per pack. And had maccas every other day which was 4500 kj for the meal I used to get so I'm not the least bit surprised Im losing weight!!

So weird that you get hungry on duromine, I guess it affects everyone differently. Counting calories/ kilojoules is great, you should get good consistent results.

SleepInTheGarden said:
I'll boil up some eggs today :) not really into nuts :/ aldi has shakes but I'm not sure they're the right thing? I think they're meal replacement ones
Meal replacement shakes can be a useful tool. Just check the calories on them and that they're high protein and low in sugar. I keep some in the cupboard for those times when I don't have anything healthy for lunch or when I'm in a rush. I don't like using them all the time but can be handy instead of making a poor food choice :)

Reactions: Booty
Hello everyone! Sorry I've been Mia. Just a quick update as we are about to head out for Father's Day.
Start weight:142.2kg
Current:135.6kg
Loss:6.6 kgs
In another four days, it'll be a month since I started duromine so I'm very happy with these results! Will do a big update later tonight! Happy Father's Day everyone xo

So happy with how I've been doing BUT.. Weekends are going to be the death of me. We end up going somewhere and going out for lunch, whether it's the pub or fish and chips. It's always something every weekend! I've been put to a bistro 4 times this week I just want to stay home and eat my own food. Plus if we go Away I don't get any exercise in. But it's all excuses, I know you can eat healthy when it comes to eating out but it's hard! :/ hoping this weekend will be a lot better, I refuse to give in!

Congrats on your loss so far....just keep looking forward.....keep us updated!