Hey there. I would say that your body is going into starvation mode from too little energy, especially since by the sounds of it a lot of your KJ's are coming from carbs (and probably simple refined ones). You could also be increasing muscle mass if you have been going to the gym. Try and increase your protein and fat intake (sounds crazy, but you need to get your macro's in balance to get your body burning fuel again). Try for 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs (Keto diet, look it up). Your fats should come from good sources, like coconut oils, avo's, nuts, some cheese/dairy, lean meats. You will stay fuller for longer and clear that brain fog. Good luck!

Reactions: Julesbali
Jazz said:
Hi 8Fox8 ... just replied to your posts with Drewondru87. But just wanted to say that I tried Jenny Craig in the past (5 years ago) and stuck to it religiously. I lost 5 kg in the first 5 weeks and then no more. I found that Jenny Craig food is full of heavy carbohydrates like pasta, potato, cheese etc.
If you can, I would stop JC. If you have the time and energy, do it yourself - start eating healthy, clean, unprocessed food like good old meat and vegetables. I think you’ll find a big difference in your weight loss. Still stick to the 1200-1300 calories per day. It will also cost you a lot less.
Good luck.

I’d like too, but previously didn’t eat enough, so that’s why I went to JC ... to kind of re-learn to eat regularly again. If I stop, I doubt I’ll keep my meals up. Particularly when I get busy at work :( I’m not a “snacker” so can easily have a coffee and then not eat all day until 4-5pm. Which is terrible and how I got a bit fat in the beginning, I think my body was putting everything in storage ha ha

Rava said:
@Kim van Heerden - unfortunately love, it sounds as though you are one of those people, (just like me) who needs to sit down and plan. Even though I know its hard with a 9 month old baby and things will often go off schedule, I really do believe it will help you out.

Duromine is prescribed because it gives your metabolism a boost. But if we don't change anything about our routine in regards to food or exercise, it will probably only lose a few kilo's and that's it. Wish it was a magic weight loss pill for everyone, but unfortunately it isn't. Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying you haven't changed these things, but I just wanted to share with you some of the things that I have found out on my Duromine journey :)

There is a formula for weight loss and it is;

One pound of fat equates to 3,500 calories, so for a weekly loss of 2.2 pounds, or 1 kilogram, you need to plan a 1100 calorie deficit each day for a period of 7 days. (7700 calorie deficit each week).

If you create a deficit by restricting your calorie intact and doing exercise, you body sooner or later is going to drop weight.

Don't forget to look at a Basal Metabolic Rate and Resting Metabolic Rate calculator. These results will tell you what your body burns and needs to function just by doing normal everyday things. (If you cant find any good ones - let me know!)

Food Diary - If you haven't already one of the first things I would do is try a free food tracker - look at "My Fitness Pal" or "Lose It" Both these programs have free services and if you log your food for the day with everything you have eaten and drank, it will give you a really good break down of what you are putting into your body. Sodium, carbs, saturated fats, sugars.... I know for me, I would have sworn black and blue that I was under my calorie intake, but until I actually logged what I was eating and drinking I was gobsmacked to see I was way, way over.

A good rule of thumb for women to lose weight is to restrict their calories to 1200 per day. This is where the Duromine helps. If you do not have suppression of appetite, maybe its time to go to your GP and ask for the 40mg. Would they be open to you having a higher dose?

I understand that not everybody is financial to eat as healthily as they would like - but I think you will find that if you can plan your meals and snacks, it might be cheaper than you think. The problem with takeaway and pre-packaged meals is that they contain a lot of sodium, fats and carbs. A lot of sodium and fats are used to preserve the food you are heating up, so just by giving those up you are already improving your diet. If financially you just cant, maybe look at trying to substitute 2 - 3 meals a week. I tend to try and follow these rules when eating;

Protein first, Veggie's second, Low-Gi Carbs last if at all.

Exercise - it was one of the hardest things I had to implement for myself. And with you having a 9 month old at home, makes it all that bit harder.. You Tube is a great service, where there are literally so many exercising tips that you can just do at home - its been a godsend for me.. Just by googling "exercising tips with young baby at home" I found this really great article;

Link Removed

Even if you can only accomplish 1 set - its 1 set that you didn't do the day before and you WILL have ACCOMPLISHED a way of working TOWARDS your WEIGHTLOSS GOAL. Don't forget that exercise will release endorphins making you feel better hun!

I have issued myself a squat, tricep dip and ab challenge - basically I am starting off at 20 of each a day (don't all have to be done at the same time) with the challenge of increasing each exercises reps by the end of the week. If it is easy for you, you could up it each day if needed. Would love it if you joined me? Then we could be each other's motivator :)

Last but not least, if your GP won't prescribe you a higher dose, definitely look at having a break and re-starting on the 30mg. I would also look at taking a women's multi as well as a vitamin B supplement to give you that extra boost of energy, it definitely won't hurt :)

Hope the above has helped you out a little *hugs*

1100 deficit per day? I intake 1200 per day... so that would mean I could only consume 100cal per day :-/

Did you mean 1100 deficit per week?

(I’m honestly wondering, by the way, I’m not trying to be a smarty)

8Fox8 said:
1100 deficit per day? I intake 1200 per day... so that would mean I could only consume 100cal per day :-/

Did you mean 1100 deficit per week?

(I’m honestly wondering, by the way, I’m not trying to be a smarty)

Hi Fox!

I think I can probably help here! :) so, when we think of a calorie budget, we have calories in and calories out (which you are likely very aware of already). So, calories IN is what we eat. Calories OUT is slightly more involved.

When we burn calories, it’s not just through intentional exercise alone, it is also through: 1. Our body keeping our organs functioning, and 2. Incidental exercise like housework, or walking around.

Rava talked about calculating your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and RMR (resting metabolic rate). If you have a set of smart scales that can measure your body composition (I picked up a set from Kmart for $30) then it will provide you with your BMR each time you use them (it changes based on muscle mass, fat %, and weight - all things that change during weight loss). You can also calculate an estimate online by googling “BMR calculator”. So, your BMR accounts for your calories expended for one day through organ/bodily functions.

As Rava said, you need to create a calorie deficit in order to lose weight. So the calorie deficit calculation would look something like this:

((Exercise calories + BMR)x7) - (food calories x 7)

The “x7” in the equation is to take daily calories and calculate for 1 week (7 days).

Here is an example from my stats:

BMR = 2620 cal per day
Exercise = 250 cal per day
Food = 1100 per day

((250+2620)x7) - (1100 x 7) = 12,390 cal per week that I am in deficit.

A kg of fat takes 7,700 calories to burn, so at the end of a week, I can estimate that at my current BMR, exercise level and diet I could lose:

12,390 / 7,700 = 1.61 kg a week.

This doesn’t account for any other fluctuation like hormone changes, fluid retention etc.. it’s just a best guess. It also doesn’t take into account the effect of Duromine speeding up your metabolic rate. If you find that you are continually getting significantly lower results then you have calculated, then best to see your GP as there may be an unknown factor involved.

Also, it’s important to calculate your new caloric deficit each week, as it will change as you change.

I hope this helps!! Good luck, and please keep us updated with your progress!! Xx

Thank you ☺️

I found an online calculator that does it all for you called “a calorie counter dot com”. I haven’t posted 30 messages so it wouldn’t let me post the actual url

It says if I stick with 1298 cal per day on light exercise I’ll lose .5kg per week. I’m probably not quite getting enough food.

Out of curiosity I changed it to see what I’d need to do to lose 1kg per week. It came back with 1255 cal per day and what they consider heavy exercise (intensive, 7 days per week). 7 days a week is far too much for me though.

Reactions: Bam Bam
8Fox8 said:
Thank you ☺️

I found an online calculator that does it all for you called “a calorie counter dot com”. I haven’t posted 30 messages so it wouldn’t let me post the actual url

It says if I stick with 1298 cal per day on light exercise I’ll lose .5kg per week. I’m probably not quite getting enough food.

Out of curiosity I changed it to see what I’d need to do to lose 1kg per week. It came back with 1255 cal per day and what they consider heavy exercise (intensive, 7 days per week). 7 days a week is far too much for me though.
hello 8Fox8 and Bam Bam
i hope you are enjoying our wonderful forum x

it's hard isn't it counting all the time?
sometimes i find myself in the supermarket reading the back of packets and tins,
almost like i am reading a Novel.

why does our weight loss journey have to be so hard all the time?
honestly i feel like screaming! haha

and it's always when we are down that we hear the voices,
'just give up' or 'you will never lose the weight'
or my personal favourite ' your such a loser!'

Duromine gives us the power to stay strong and focused,
it is almost like we have the hand of God at our fingertips!

it really is up to us to fight for what we want,
because believe me lovely's, no one else in this world will fight for us.

keep up the great work x
Hugs
Dre

Reactions: Bam Bam
I was wondering similar. I've only lost 1.7kg in my first week and have heard of others losing a lot more :confounded:

Yoshiyamomoto said:
I was wondering similar. I've only lost 1.7kg in my first week and have heard of others losing a lot more :confounded:
I’ve only lost 1.3 in 10 days now. Feeling defeated. I’ve been eating well and exercising every day.

Slana said:
Same and was hoping I would lose more.
Me to. I’ve drastically changed my diet and been walking 5 km a day. Drinking 2L water. Still no big changes. :tired_face: I’m joining the gym on Wednesday. Hoping that will help. I’ve been putting in so much effort, I expected more.

@Martin98 I have not been to the gym this week just walking as my chest was crazy the first week of taking it, and I didn't want to risk over doing it. I think I'm going to go back tonight even if it's light exercise o_O

Slana said:
@Martin98 I have not been to the gym this week just walking as my chest was crazy the first week of taking it, and I didn't want to risk over doing it. I think I'm going to go back tonight even if it's light exercise o_O
I have had no symptoms or side effects since day one, except for a slightly dry mouth. That’s it
:no_mouth:

Slana said:
@Slana , it would be great to talk with a personal trainer. :idea:We are all different, Perhaps, your trainings at the gym are super intense.

Reactions: Slana
Martin98 said:
I have had no symptoms or side effects since day one, except for a slightly dry mouth. That’s it
:no_mouth:
I had a racing heart and a really bad dry mouth. That's good if you haven't had any. The last few days I've been feeling really hungry which sucks :cold_sweat:

April said:
@Slana , it would be great to talk with a personal trainer. :idea:We are all different, Perhaps, your trainings at the gym are super intense.
I'll try

Slana said:
I had a racing heart and a really bad dry mouth. That's good if you haven't had any. The last few days I've been feeling really hungry which sucks :cold_sweat:
I forgot to add I was extremely hungry to. :sob: That has settled now though.

Yoshiyamomoto said:
1.7 kg is still a loss, well done! Try not to compare yourself to others :blush: Stay positive and be kind to yourself :heart: Everyone is different, you'll reach your goals. :kissing_heart: