Hi April,

AAARRGGHH!!! I just missed out, I was feeling a little low last week so only went to the gym twice :( It looks like the scales have reflected that. Must try harder and get my mojo back.

Starting weight - 133.5kg
Week 1 - 128.5kg (-5kg)
Week 2 - 126.4 (-2.1kg, total 7.1kg)
Week 3 - 125.2 (-1.2kg, Total 8.3kg)
Week 4 - 123 (-2.2kg, total 10.5kg)
Week 5 - 121kg (-2kg total 12.5kg)
Week 6 - 119.6 (-1.4kg total 13.9kg)
Week 7 - 118.6 (-1kg Total 14.9kg)

Hey you! No sadness or self-disappointment. We are people, and not robots. Life happens sometimes and things can go not the way we want. Even while feeling low, you still did manage to go to the gym twice! This is how you should be watching at yourself, ok? No negative thinking. A bit of a blue… and get back on track! You are just on the 8 week. Still have quite a lot of time. so use it wisely and to the fullest! =)) I know you can do it and you know you can do it. Besides… this 14.9 – AMAZING! Just a little bit till the round number =)) Very good! Chin up and keep working! You are fantastic!

Thanks for the encouragement April, I have dusted myself down and I'm back on track. Lets do this !!!!

Reactions: April
Hi Pammie! It’s been quite a long time since you last posted. Did you stop? Hope everything’s ok…

pammie said:
Hi April,

AAARRGGHH!!! I just missed out, I was feeling a little low last week so only went to the gym twice :( It looks like the scales have reflected that. Must try harder and get my mojo back.

Starting weight - 133.5kg
Week 1 - 128.5kg (-5kg)
Week 2 - 126.4 (-2.1kg, total 7.1kg)
Week 3 - 125.2 (-1.2kg, Total 8.3kg)
Week 4 - 123 (-2.2kg, total 10.5kg)
Week 5 - 121kg (-2kg total 12.5kg)
Week 6 - 119.6 (-1.4kg total 13.9kg)
Week 7 - 118.6 (-1kg Total 14.9kg)

One month since your last update. Are you still in the weight loss train?

Reactions: Daisyflower
pammie said:
Thanks for the encouragement April, I have dusted myself down and I'm back on track. Lets do this !!!!

Pammie, dear! Are you still into this whole weight loss story? How are things going?

Hi guys,

Picked up my prescription today after a conversation with my GP. Starting weight of 89kg with the goal to get to 80kg (where I should be) within 7 weeks. I generally have a healthy diet but have struggled to get down to my goal weight due to life pressures and stubborn body. I don’t think my metabolism is what it use to be! Body is in need of a reset after a few years of weight slowly creeping up.

Hoping with forum support I can get to my goal weight and enjoy the summer months and of course keep it off.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,

First day,

6am wake up and gym session
Took 30mg @ 7.30am

Breakfast - protein shake
Morning tea - yoghurt
Lunch - protein/veg
Dinner - same again

Few dizzy spells throughout the day but to be expected on a 27c day doing Phys Ed. Probably hit 20,000 steps today. I have had over a litre of water. It’s strange that my stomach is telling me I’m still hungry but I have no desire to eat.

Aiming for the same tomorrow. Hopefully a good night sleep tonight

Hello Brandog, welcome to the forum! Best of luck on your way! I see that you are very close to your goal weight. Do you exercise? Yes, of course, nutrition makes up 80% of a successful weight loss. However, building a muscle mass is one of the best ways to boost your metabolism and improve your body shape. I think you should seriously consider the possibility of getting a personal trainer for a couple of trainings and ask him to develop a proper program for you. You will easily (well, through hard work) ‘melt’ the fat into muscle mass. Your body will become leaner and get a great shape. If you take this advice, please make sure that you fuel your body well. You will have to consume enough proteins to help your body build muscles, and, of course, make sure that you also consume slow carbohydrates, healthy fats and fiber. Please, don’t immediately turn your back after reading this message, if you are not a fan of exercising. If you don’t have time, we can discuss how you can introduce effective exercises in your daily routine.

Btw, we have a couple active men on the forum, who are going through their Duromine journey right now. I am sure their experience might be helpful for you too.

Reactions: Brandog
Hi April,

Thanks for your message. I am on my feet all day but get what you’re saying about muscle mass. I’m trying to incorporate protein to retain and build muscle mass with my daily weight session at the gym. My concern is finding the balance to do this and will keep adjusting as I go. I’ll definitely check out the other posts from the blokes for tips etc.

Cheers,

Day 2
Gym at 6.30am
30mg at 7.30am

Breakfast- protein shake
Lunch - protein and veg
Snacks (few lollies and fruit)
Dinner - meat/veg

No headaches but am drinking heaps of water. Can’t seem to drink enough though. Few dizzy spells during exercise throughout the day. I have lost 3kg, water no doubt so not getting too excited.

Thinking of taking the pill mid morning to push night cravings. Thoughts?

Hi! Looks like you everything is going nice and smooth and you are working hard to get to your goal. Congrats on the first weight loss. No matter what it is, water weight or not, it is still a great loss and, to my mind, a great motivation to work further. =)

Happy for no headaches and a bit worried about this dizziness during exercise. Do you exercise in a gym or at home? If at a gym, ask for the local medic (or whatever staff they have) to check your BP and heart rate. Just to make sure that everything’s ok. If not, at least you can count your pulse rate when you feel dizzy.

As for the later pill administration… You see, it is not advised due to the risk of insomnia. However, if I got it correctly, you drink plenty of water, which might be excreting the active substance faster from your body. This doesn’t mean that you have to stop drinking that much water. It just means that your kidneys work really well. =)) You can try it, at least once, and see how it goes with the sleep and cravings. It might be your own appropriate dosing schedule, and it’s fine, as long as you sleep well. Have a great day!

Reactions: Brandog
Hi April,

Thanks for the positive feedback!

As I teach Physical Education I’m exercising all day, on top of my morning gym session (at a gym). I found over the last few days that during classes when I join in with the kids that I get a bit dizzy and have to stand up and stop for a bit. This has occurred twice. My only thought is that perhaps I need to eat a solid breakfast to get me enough energy until lunch. What do you think?

Other than that I have a dry mouth which isn’t bothering me too much. I’m sleeping better than before (probably because I’m more active to make the most of the Duramine) and waking refreshed. Happy days

Yes, sure. You said it correctly. You do need to have something more serious than a meal replacement shake. A bowl of hot oatmeal with some nuts or fruits/berries, and snacking on a banana will raise the amount of calories consumed and should provide you with sufficient energy and satiety until lunch. Have that yogurt for the afternoon snack.

Sounds like you’re doing well with the side effects – happy for you. If you try to take the Duromine later, please tell me how it went. I am very curious of this experience.

Btw, do you mind if I move your thread to the category Men’s corner? We have more and more men coming recently, and having male weight loss experience gathered in a category that is specifically dedicated to men sounds like a good idea to aid any man, who wants to get inspired with the stories of ‘compatriots’. =)

Last edited:
HI April,

That’s a great idea, happy to move threads.

Thank you very much for approval. How do you feel today?

Hi April,

I ate an egg and bacon sandwich after morning gym which stopped the dizzy spells today. Drinking lots of tea and water but, not be be too personal, only one toilet break. Is this normal? Feeling fine and weighed in at 85.3kg this morning.

Really glad that you feel better. Now you know how much your body needs to be fueled properly to function well. As for the water… if you were not depriving your body of these before Duromine, then it is used to water coming in, and knows how to cope with it in a proper way.

You see, many people, who literally had no more than 1-2 glasses of water per day and start drinking 2-3 liters, always complain of the frequent toilet visits. In about 10 days, the body gets used to the normal water intake and knows how to put it “in action” instead of excreting from the body. If you’re used to drinking water, and you don’t see any swellings (right?), then it means that you were doing quite well with the water before.

And you weight (OMG) does NOT indicate any water retention for sure. =)) CONGRATS! Well done and keep up the mindful regime!

PS. If it’s not that comfortable for you to have a banana, for example, you can have 7-10 almonds or any other nuts. They are a real treasure chest of microelements and good fats. Just remember 7-10 pieces, enough time to have those during the break between the lessons, and not being noticed chewing anything substantial (if that is a problem)

Over a week now and things are going well. I weighed in at 84.5kg today with starting weight of 89kg. I had a boozy weekend with the boys and am expecting another this weekend so I’m doing my best to manage food and exercise to compensate. I have been taking my tablet at 8.30am to help night cravings and this has worked really well. No impact on sleep etc. I’ve noticed my appetite drop this week, and with work pressures has meant that I’m not getting my 3 meals in. This will be my goal for next week as not to lose too much muscle mass.

Hello there, Brandog! Congratulations on your great weight loss! Looks like you’re hasting to get to your goal within the shortest possible terms.

I am glad that you do realize the need to review your nutrition, and you need to do it as fast as possible. Because these changes should become your forever eating schedule. You surely don’t want to gain back everything you lose with your hard work. =) Bring on healthy habits and further weight loss! Cheers