How does saxenda work?

E

eagle

Standard Member
Feb 17, 2021
I’m on Day 3 on Saxenda injections and it seems I finally bit my binge eating habit, yay for me! :party:
When I think of food I used to crave before (like fastfood breakfasts, can you imagine) I don’t have that unstoppable urge to order it as I did before.

So my question is does Saxenda work or does it have a placebo-like effect?

Though I must say I don’t feel hungry whatsoever. So it turns out sometimes quite a struggle for me to hit the amount of my set minimal calories per day. And it’s like I only lose weight because I’m barely eating 700kcal a day. What scares me is that if I go back to my ‘normal’ eating regimen (and I was consuming about 2400 calories), all the weight lost will come back((
I expected Saxenda drug to be a lifestyle changer for me but apparently, I am too jittery about this whole thing at this point. Any advice please?

eagle said:
I’m on Day 3 on Saxenda injections and it seems I finally bit my binge eating habit, yay for me! :party:
When I think of food I used to crave before (like fastfood breakfasts, can you imagine) I don’t have that unstoppable urge to order it as I did before.

So my question is does Saxenda work or does it have a placebo-like effect?

Though I must say I don’t feel hungry whatsoever. So it turns out sometimes quite a struggle for me to hit the amount of my set minimal calories per day. And it’s like I only lose weight because I’m barely eating 700kcal a day. What scares me is that if I go back to my ‘normal’ eating regimen (and I was consuming about 2400 calories), all the weight lost will come back((
I expected Saxenda drug to be a lifestyle changer for me but apparently, I am too jittery about this whole thing at this point. Any advice please?
Hello, dear @eagle!
The main function of weight-loss drugs like Saxenda, Duromine, Phentermine, and Ozempic is to suppress your appetite. So, you can start eating less and healthily. If you don't have cravings as before, it means that Saxenda works. :)
The rule of healthy weight loss is to consume fewer calories than you burn daily. I guess, 700 calories per day is a very small amount. You'd better eat 1000 at least.
If you stop Saxenda and start your old bad habits, you will gain your weight back. You need to continue eating like now and stay physically active, and this daily routine becomes your lifestyle for a long time.
If you feel like giving up, just think about your health and your future life. Why did you start Saxenda? Do you like eating junk food more than being slim and healthy? I don't think so, dear.

Reactions: Silolike and Kate