Colette said:
Sooooo.... Here are some pics! So first pic was 12 weeks ago. The day I started boot camp. I tired duromine 4 weeks ago to help with the food side. I stopped taking them 2 weeks ago because I got into a really good routine with food. My exercise is on track too! Im losing weight each week! Still a fair bit to go but pretty happy with the results so far!!
Big difference, especially your tummy! You must be pleased.

Hi Kate

Thank you so much for your reply!! It gave me the motivation that i needed not to give up.

Over the weekend I made an effort to mentally associate chocolate with greasy low quality palm oil. It worked!!!

Interestingly too when I have had a chocolate or something sweet since being on duromine, it doesn't taste the same so I think the symptom of duromine impacting your taste buds definitely works sometimes.

Thanks also for the reminder that if you have less weight to lose, it tends to come off more slowly. I have a habit of reading forums and expecting the same results then feeling let down if it doesn't happen for me.

The recipe you gave me sounds delicious. I'll definitely try it next time I have those cravings :)

Thanks again Kate, have a great day
Kylie

Kate said:
Hi, Kylie

You have nothing to worry about, you did a great job - lost 3kg already yoo-hoo! For two weeks it is amazing loss I must say. Speaking about PMS - yes, the weight loss slows down because your body retains much water and hence no loss. I used to crave junk foods and sweets during my PMS too, but still you can find some compromise here - choose instead of chocolate bar something simple like cottage cheese with teaspoon of honey and nuts, or make a hot chocolate out of cacao powder, sugar and milk.

You can also bake some oat cookies. I take an oatmeal flour, add some sugar, nuts, raisins (optional), an egg, vegetable oil and bake it in the oven. Believe me these contain less calories than cookies, cakes and other sweets from the store. Besides, homemade yummies contain only natural ingredients (well depends on what you put in them))), but all that chocolate and ice cream are based on low-quality palm oil. A little bit of cooking from good old Kate :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Step by step you will get there, just be patient and go on, you are doing great. Walk and play with your baby - it burns so many clories! Since you have some hip problem, you can do some stretching, yoga exercises, or simply walk more than you usually do.

P.S. People who are morbidly obese lose much more weight much faster, but people like you - who only have 10 or so kilograms to lose, lose slower. That is the nature of our bodies. Especialy the female body. It needs a certain amount of fat tissue to be able to produce enough female hormones and hence the egg cells.

Good luck!:)

Hi Guys,

Just figured i would write in and let you know how i am going. I am 26, a fun sized 5"2 weighing in at 67kg when i started duromine. Now to many of you that isnt alot and i am possibly at your goal weight, but that isnt to exclude i know how you feel. I do not want to wake up every morning staring at the blob in the mirror. I want to see something more. Something beautiful and inspiring. I want my clothes to fit me properly. After my pregnancies, i could not shake the excess weight. The uncomfortable feeling i had started creeping into my life and slowly started to take hold. I spoke to my gp, who ran a bunch of blood works then later gave me a 3mth prescription for 30mg duromine.

Today is currently day 12. Started taking duromine on August 1st, 2015.

My original symptoms were, feeling like a virus was coming on (cold and flu), constipation, reflux, cotton mouth (thirsty) and a lingering little headache. Day 2, i was sleep deprived and had sore eyes and possibly a premigraine - as i suffer from migraines. By day 4 i was able to have a decent 7hr sleep, although i was still Constipated i took my sleep as a win. Day 5. I had a coffee. And then i POOPED! oh my goodness - it felt soo good you wouldnt believe. I felt amazing and ready to tackle anything that stood in my way. Since i started taking duromine a nasty virus has swept through the house and wiped out everyone - except me. I am normally the first one to be wiped out, so i think the effects of duromine saved me from that ever so nasty bug.
Day 6: Hammorrhoids flaired up. :-@
Oh my word. It was painful and horrible. I didnt realise they could have flair ups until this day.. thankfully it only lasted 2-3 days. Starting to feel extra cold. Colder then normal.
Day 7: lots of "detoxing" - my booty had an affair with the toilet seat ensuring my bowels were clean and tidy.
Day 8. I woke up to the ever so awesome dehydration headache. Drink more water Booty* stomach had been cramping all day. My hands feel like ice.
Day 9: weighed myself 63kg. Wtf?! I was not expecting a loss. I feel like i have been snacking constantly. 630am, 9am, 11.30/12pm. 2pm 530pm 730pm. 5-6 times a day. I only ever use to eat once a day. Now i eat when my body says its hungry so i give my body a little bit of "fuel". Ive tried to adapt the low carb high protein approach and its paying off! 4kg loss. Wow* I'm totally shocked. I was also shocked to find out that dramatic changes to your diet cause thrush. :-@ I've never had it before, and yet here i go again with another fun little something to make my journey extra entertaining.
Day 10&11 cruised by so quickly i forgot to even keep a note as to what i did. Whoopsi*
Day 12: Aunt flow has come to town.. She better not have packed for a long vacation! I do not like sharing, not to mention taking those yucky horse size tablets (evening primrose oil). Its to help stop the crazy* and aunt flow brings the crazy!.

For those wanting to know i take my tablet at 4am every morning. It takes effect quite quickly, so i get up have a coffee and do some house chores. I do find it a bit challenging in the afternoon around 4pm as i am coming down i can be quite short tempered. I am aware of it so try my best to avoid it. Aanndd I'm in bed, sleeping by 9-930pm. Zzzzzzzzz* * * providing i do not have any more coffee after the first cup.

So yeah - this is me. This is what i have been up to recently.. and i can keep you updated with my progress. I wont be weighing myself during this week as i know aunt flow likes to bloat and just be a nasty piece of work in general - so she will probably tamper with the scales. So i will wait until the coast is clear before using them..
I am excited and looking forward to the new me! !

Loving the honesty of your post, sharing the good and the bad!

Thank you, Booty for your experience! It is much easier to analyze what's wrong/right in your case when you share daily data.
As for such great loss already, it is explainable. Your detox thing, drinking water and the stress too. I mean the stress for your body experiencing new effects from the pill. Good luck with further results, darling!;)

Please keep on posting. I personally enjoy reading you!

P.S. I'm sorry I can't help you much with your feeling cold. Never had such 'side effect'...

I could sugar coat my experience, however i wont be helping others by doing that. By helping others, it may not be this year it may not be the next. But there will be someone who can relate to what i am going through and say: oh wow. It is normal or a side effect to duromine. Im not going crazy.

- i forgot to add my exercise. I try and stretch in the morning. Stretching out all my muscles and loosen them all up. I feel so much better and lighter on my feet afterwards. I also have 3 children, 2, 4 & 6. So i walk them to school every day instead of taking the car. My 6 yr old detests the idea and fights me on it regularly. However he is more then happy to walk home if we detour past the park. My other exercise includes walking my 2 dogs and cleaning my house. It is so pretty*

My favorite part about duromine:
I get things done. There and then. I have always always always been a procrastinator. If i can talk myself out of its importance then it wont get done. Or it will - at the last possible minute. Whilst i have been on duromine i get things done! The other day my 2yr old cracked 18 eggs all over my floors. Straight away i got in there and cleaned it up - before duromine i would have walked around the eggy mess, finished sorting out the kids for school then delt with the mess after drop off. I do not like the cold feet when it comes but i sure as hell love the new me that is getting stuff done!
- anyway, have a terrific night guys. I'm having a major crash and burn and require some booty sleep.

P.s Thanks :)

Today is day 14* * woohoo! ! !
Took my tablet on time at 4am, i am currently swooping around my house doing a quick busy bee before my children wake up.
Yesterday my husband had surgery and i was soo anxious. I litterally felt my stomach drop and it stay there the whole day. Now his surgery wasnt big. Keyhole in and out within the hour. But i still felt really anxious. He is fine - i was just being a paranoid freak! Lots of cuddles made me feel better - yhep I'm one of those people. A cuddle cures all evil!

So today i had noticed something. . Since Aunt flo's arrival i have noticed i have NO PMS symptoms. Normally I'd be the worst version of myself by now, hating myself for being like that but the last few days.. i have still been a happy mum. No evil split personality due to some messed up mother nature cycle bull....
I did sneak in a few little squares of chocolate the other night. Looks like the urge for chocolate still exists - it wasnt a binge.. just a sample amount and i was satisfied.
A different note, i took a photo of hubby and myself last night and everyone commented how skinny my face looked. - alot had to do with angle and lighting, but the compliment was there. Just need the rest of me to catch up. :)

Goodluck to everyone with their weightloss this week. Keep up with your water, and protein. Hi to all newbies*

♡ * Booty * ♡

Reactions: Tania J
Today is day 15.

I decided last night to turn off my 4am alarm to take duromine. I am allowing my body a day of rest. Slept in until 8am. I woke up feeling motivated and pumped. An hour later, i am starting to feel sluggish and my body wants to go back to bed. Going to put some music on, work out and work through this moment.
I did a sneeky weigh in. Down 1 kg, even with Aunt Flo hanging around. I wasnt expecting a loss, maybe a slight "bloated" gain. Brings my total loss to 5kg in 2 wks.

Thought I would share this with my followers. Not sure if it works - guess we will find out soon enough. Xo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-17-16-32-51.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-17-16-32-51.png
    423 KB · Views: 746
Booty said:
Hi Guys,

Just figured i would write in and let you know how i am going. I am 26, a fun sized 5"2 weighing in at 67kg when i started duromine. Now to many of you that isnt alot and i am possibly at your goal weight, but that isnt to exclude i know how you feel. I do not want to wake up every morning staring at the blob in the mirror. I want to see something more. Something beautiful and inspiring. I want my clothes to fit me properly. After my pregnancies, i could not shake the excess weight. The uncomfortable feeling i had started creeping into my life and slowly started to take hold. I spoke to my gp, who ran a bunch of blood works then later gave me a 3mth prescription for 30mg duromine.

Today is currently day 12. Started taking duromine on August 1st, 2015.

My original symptoms were, feeling like a virus was coming on (cold and flu), constipation, reflux, cotton mouth (thirsty) and a lingering little headache. Day 2, i was sleep deprived and had sore eyes and possibly a premigraine - as i suffer from migraines. By day 4 i was able to have a decent 7hr sleep, although i was still Constipated i took my sleep as a win. Day 5. I had a coffee. And then i POOPED! oh my goodness - it felt soo good you wouldnt believe. I felt amazing and ready to tackle anything that stood in my way. Since i started taking duromine a nasty virus has swept through the house and wiped out everyone - except me. I am normally the first one to be wiped out, so i think the effects of duromine saved me from that ever so nasty bug.
Day 6: Hammorrhoids flaired up. :-@
Oh my word. It was painful and horrible. I didnt realise they could have flair ups until this day.. thankfully it only lasted 2-3 days. Starting to feel extra cold. Colder then normal.
Day 7: lots of "detoxing" - my booty had an affair with the toilet seat ensuring my bowels were clean and tidy.
Day 8. I woke up to the ever so awesome dehydration headache. Drink more water Booty* stomach had been cramping all day. My hands feel like ice.
Day 9: weighed myself 63kg. Wtf?! I was not expecting a loss. I feel like i have been snacking constantly. 630am, 9am, 11.30/12pm. 2pm 530pm 730pm. 5-6 times a day. I only ever use to eat once a day. Now i eat when my body says its hungry so i give my body a little bit of "fuel". Ive tried to adapt the low carb high protein approach and its paying off! 4kg loss. Wow* I'm totally shocked. I was also shocked to find out that dramatic changes to your diet cause thrush. :-@ I've never had it before, and yet here i go again with another fun little something to make my journey extra entertaining.
Day 10&11 cruised by so quickly i forgot to even keep a note as to what i did. Whoopsi*
Day 12: Aunt flow has come to town.. She better not have packed for a long vacation! I do not like sharing, not to mention taking those yucky horse size tablets (evening primrose oil). Its to help stop the crazy* and aunt flow brings the crazy!.

For those wanting to know i take my tablet at 4am every morning. It takes effect quite quickly, so i get up have a coffee and do some house chores. I do find it a bit challenging in the afternoon around 4pm as i am coming down i can be quite short tempered. I am aware of it so try my best to avoid it. Aanndd I'm in bed, sleeping by 9-930pm. Zzzzzzzzz* * * providing i do not have any more coffee after the first cup.

So yeah - this is me. This is what i have been up to recently.. and i can keep you updated with my progress. I wont be weighing myself during this week as i know aunt flow likes to bloat and just be a nasty piece of work in general - so she will probably tamper with the scales. So i will wait until the coast is clear before using them..
I am excited and looking forward to the new me! !

Hahahahah omg ur soooo funnny i live in Melbourne so its cold here lately but i feel like i am living in the antarctic i am freeeeeezing all the time currently in bed with 3 blankets and my robe so I'm with u on the cold factor! Good luck babe and thanks for the entertaining read .x

Hey guys checking in and touching base. .

Today is Day ummm. . . Hang ten while i check my calendar. . 20! Woohoo! ! 20 days - that's week 3 tomorrow. Yeah boy! !

So for the last week at least, the weather has SUCKED! Its been raining cats and dogs and I'm pretty sure its been raining cockroaches and rodents aswell. (Damn those yucky vermin). So my outdoors activity / exercise time has been down to like zero* My dogs are looking at me like i am the worst person ever because they havent had a decent run. - mind you one of them HATES storms and refuses to get off my bed when one hits.

My husband's surgery went well and he recovered nicely. A small amount of bruising (I could give him a hickey bigger then his bruise. Guess its a good thing he isnt complaining) so he's back at work today. . WINNING! !

I have managed to clean up my destroyed backyard. - It looked like cyclone Yasi came in and had a field day. Erected a cubby house for the kids - with hubbys help. Kitchen is ever so pretty, my couches and carpets have been washed/cleaned. My washing machine sparkles like diamonds and ... for all you mums out there you know how RARE this is.... my fridge AND pantry are organized! Yup. I've been a busy little bee.. down side to that is - i have had no shift since my last weigh in. Just means I'm going to hit it harder once the sunshine comes.. meanwhile i get to all those jobs I've been procrastinating to do.

I have found my thirst has decreased, so i need to remind myself to keep up with my water. It is very important to stay hydrated! Flushes the kidneys, and kidneys filter our blood. Thus removing all toxins from our body. A loss in water weight - the water your body holds onto within your muscles? I think its your muscles, anywho. By staying hydrated your body says ok i dont need to keep you around. I have an endless supply of water. It helps with your brain function - yhep. Your brain gets bigger and is like wow.. lets do this!

My meals, I've been snacking often. I need to change things up a little as i am getting a bit bored with my food. - maybe its because i have to prep and cook it?
I have also been beating myself up.. last night hubby made a very yummy dinner and i ate - my old Booty portion size. Followed by apple crumble and custard. It was soo yummy.. and i felt sooo full! ! Aanndd i felt like i instantly betrayed myself.

I know it isnt going to happen overnight. But it will happen eventually. . I will get the new me. This will be the old me.. I am determined! !

" i feel like i am living in the antarctic i am freeeeeezing all the time currently in bed with 3 blankets and my robe so I'm with u on the cold factor! .x[/QUOTE]

Did your doctor check your thyroid before prescribing duromine to you? If not, I suggest you get it checked. It may be linked to your cold factor. One night i had 3x blankets, warm fuzzy winter pjs, my robe and still freezing. So, i did what any sane person would do and xurled up around the heater at 3am to defrost. Hubby came home at 5am (nightshift) and thought it was the funniest sight. I had maybe 3hrz of broken sleep that night. It was the worst.. cannot sleep with cold feet. Goodluck with your journey Fay.

Hi all,

I will be using this space to document my journey.

Here is my stats -
Female. 26 years old. 166cm. 80.6kg.

Start Date: 17 August 2015
Duromine: Prescribed 30mg / 3 months

Starting Weight: 80.6kg
Total Loss to Date:
Start - 80.6kg
Week 1 - 78.3kg / 2.3kg
Week 2 - 77.5kg / 0.8kg
Week 3 - 76.3kg / 1.2kg
Week 4 - 75.6kg / 0.9kg - 5.0kg (14 September 2015)
Week 5 -
Week 6-
Week 7-
Week 8 -
Week 9 -
Week 10 -
Week 11 -
Week 12 - Has she done it?

Goal Weight: 62kg -- or less

Aim: To fit into back into my dress by 27 November 2015 (12 weeks away) - Size 12.

(Photo taken July 2014 at ~63kg)

Other things to look forward to / long term: Wearing clothes that I no longer fit into (and ones I bought with the "I'll fit into that soon" mentality. Owning a pair of jeans. Self confidence. Feeling good and making the right choices with food. Revenge on ex that called me fat. New Facebook profile photo -- a full body shot would be nice for once. Looking good for my partner who is fit as hell, and making him proud of me.

Diet: Tracking via MyFitnessPal. Low carb, high protein. 3 meals and 3 snacks per day.

Exercise: 3 x 1 hour walks per week (I had hip surgery in July and strictly no high-impact jogging or running)

Other Dates:
25 September 2015 - Sydney Trip
27 November 2015 - Formal
1 December 2015 - Work Christmas Party
22 December 2015 - Graduation

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday was the first day of Spring. The weather was nice but holy damn, the thirst was real. I drank at least 2L of water. Today I am thirsty and my mouth tastes like something chronic too but I haven't had much water.

I also just went to the toilet just now. I'm having weird stools. I don't know if that's a side effect. It's not diarrhoea, but it was little pellets almost. Felt like it came out normally.

Sorry if this is too much information.

Hey hun. Goodluck on your journey. (We're the same age hi5)

Congrats on the loss to date. Be careful - your body might decide it doesnt want to lose weight on the low impact stuff that you are doing. I plateaued around wk 3. Stools haha yeah - they get a mind of their own... i expect its normal..
Take pics of your progress. It will be good motivation for you.. (even if you dont think so now). X

Booty said:
Hey hun. Goodluck on your journey. (We're the same age hi5)

Congrats on the loss to date. Be careful - your body might decide it doesnt want to lose weight on the low impact stuff that you are doing. I plateaued around wk 3. Stools haha yeah - they get a mind of their own... i expect its normal..
Take pics of your progress. It will be good motivation for you.. (even if you dont think so now). X

Hey Booty, thanks for the message!

Gosh, looking at my 'skinny' pics makes me depressed. Even back then, I thought I was fat. WHAT WAS I THINKING?! I seriously struggle to fit into anything. I've worn leggings everyday for about 8 months. My partner has never seen me wear jeans. I will try to take photos. My mirror at home is pretty average.

I will try and increase my exercise but it's hard. My physiotherapist advises against everything except the pool (and I can't swim) and I have one month left of my Uni degree (pretty much a prisoner to my desk). Haha! I will work it out.

While you study at home you could invest in a yoga ball. Will help with posture and core muscles. You will burn more caleries sitting that way aswell. - every little bit helps. My first month on duromine i focused on my food and walked. End of the day we are the way we are BECAUSE of what we've put in our mouths. Stay alert to what you put in yours. Prepack your lunch and snacks. Look at high protein, and healthy fats like salmon and avacado. Stay away from heavy carbs and dairy during weightloss. Slowly incorporate them once you are ready to maintain your weight. Its all about moderation and consistency. You can do this! ! You've almost graduated uni - that takes dedication! So i am positive you can achieve your weight loss goals. . Rocking out a new body come Christmas. ;-)

Lol i didnt mean stay away from dairy all together - i meant heavy dairy. Like creamy based meals and milkshakes etc. Look for Greek Yogurt with live cultures, they are so good for you. Restoring your natural bacteria - can reduce the likelihood of thrush during your journey. I use mundella greek yogurt with honey. ;-)

Yum. Oh god, I love yoghurt. I have meal replacement shakes, sometimes I will have a Chobani instead in the mornings. Everything in moderation is true. I haven't touched bread, rice, potato...but I did have a small amount of cous cous this evening. I kind of hate myself now haha.

I need to blow up my yoga ball. I did practise yoga in my fitter days, then came the hip impingement and it was all over for me.

Today I did 3 number two's...the last one was like a machine gun. What have I done? haha

Nothing wrong. Body is just detoxing all the yucky crap out of your system. I went through it too. Then the constipation reintroduced itself. :-/ apparently pear juice works - gonna give thata try next, when i need to.
Cous cous and brown rice are meant to be good for you. . Theyre also easier for your body to break down - cannot see why you cant have some for lunch or midmorning.